Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,087 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Crypto Currency Investors Thread - Investment (384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Crypto Currency Investors Thread (3298440 Views)

The Metaverse Investors Thread / NFT Investors Thread / Sh!t Coin Investors Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (3644) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by randy01(m): 8:03am On Mar 20, 2021
noony926:

I appreciated bro, thanks for the advice, I need more of it... Technical Analysis and Support/Resistance though big words for me but I will do the research.

You are welcome.
If you have enough mb.watch this guy channel on YouTube (Rayner teo). you will be glad you watch most of it video especially about support and resistance.it is from support and resistance you will know when to buy Nd sell.after you finished watching the two.the third one to learn is indicator.have a nice day

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Avast(m): 8:07am On Mar 20, 2021
randy01:

You are welcome.
If you have enough mb.watch this guy channel on YouTube (Rayner teo). you will be glad you watch most of it video especially about support and resistance.it is from support and resistance you will know when to buy Nd sell.after you finished watching the two.the third one to learn is indicator.have a nice day

That guy is great, I wanted to mention his name but couldn't remember. I learnt how to use S & R excellently from him.

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Daniboygeorge22: 8:20am On Mar 20, 2021
Please can anyone recommend an app that would alert you if prices go up or come down once you set limits?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by haryodehjia(m): 8:22am On Mar 20, 2021
BTS coin watchout
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by pragmatistm(m): 8:27am On Mar 20, 2021
STMX is a good boy, 102% in the last 24 hours.
NPXS too not bad 48%
HOt too gathering strength ...17.7%
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by QuinModah(f): 8:35am On Mar 20, 2021
BrokerHaruna:
TRX showing readiness to fly!
This coin is actually a sh!t coin

5 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Alexxien: 8:36am On Mar 20, 2021
DenreleDave:

With all respect.. U r matured and u don't need to shout..

I only cautioned you to stop saying they will cry all bcox of coins.... Nobody attacked you..

Accept corrections... Nobody will cry I insist... B4 crypto, we lived and after crypto, we will live on abeg

Peace

Please don't lie to prove your point

No one will cry.

Stop all these kin words
Lol......I am pretty sure the cry she is talking about is not real tears. It just a figure of speech. Chill out mate. Some of us have used words worst than that smiley Are people really Crying? grin

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by randy01(m): 8:37am On Mar 20, 2021
haryodehjia:
BTS coin watchout

That coin is nonsense jare.
They have been hyping it on telegram for the past 1month now.nothing happen
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by DenreleDave(m): 8:44am On Mar 20, 2021
Alexxien:

Lol......I am pretty sure the cry she is talking about is not real tears. It just a figure of speech. Chill out mate. Some of us have used words worst than that smiley Are people really Crying? grin
figure or not..why is she repeating it again..

Sumtin of last week or so, why resurrect it...

Make we go rest abeg...
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Alexxien: 8:54am On Mar 20, 2021
noony926:
What am I not doing right? Not too long I started this cryptocurrency daily trading hoping to be making at least 2-3k daily with N106,000k. Three days into it, I make some cool N28,000 simple by monitoring coins that rise it green light and I will buy and sell at once, sometimes I do make 2k,3k,4k I was so happy, and I thought it will be so good...
But as I am writing now, I am just left with 15k of my initial capital. I don't know how it happened. I kept buying and intend to sell but i found out that almost immediately i bought a coin on a green light it began to fall down...
I know it's not all rosy at the beginning, but I still believe that I can bounce back with this remaining 15k. Anyone who can assist me should pls tell me how this thing is been done, I will really appreciate it.
Meanwhile, I have been reading a whole lot of info online as a newbie but still nothing changed.
The gurus in the house should pls give me a tip. I am really eager to perfect this trading..Anyone who have been in my shoe before should assist me. Pls guys I am begging. I don't even mind traveling afar to meet someone who will mentor me on this trade. I live in Onitsha...Guys pls I need help. I believe this my N15k can still perform wonders only if I can get the right channel.
You do not need to travel to the end of the world to learn about trading. Things have become much easier, you can learn from host of places on the internet. Just take your time to learn the simple basics of crypt0 trading, it not a rocket science. It a very simple stuff that requires a very certain disciplined temperament. If you can consistently stick to it rules you will do well!!! cheesy
And I believe that your 15k can still perform wonders. I have seen less turned into fortune, for Real!!!!
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Alexxien: 8:57am On Mar 20, 2021
DenreleDave:
figure or not..why is she repeating it again..

Sumtin of last week or so, why resurrect it...

Make we go rest abeg...
Lol.......openheaven101, please don’t mention cry again. It seems, it makes some of us very very uncomfortable

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by ImpregnaTor(m): 9:04am On Mar 20, 2021
What do you guys think about btc today?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Obinnau(m): 9:22am On Mar 20, 2021
ImpregnaTor:
What do you guys think about btc today?
it will fall or rise
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FuckHomophobes: 9:27am On Mar 20, 2021
Guys buy New and hold till December. Thank me later

1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by MrCodeSolo: 9:35am On Mar 20, 2021
Avast:

Patiently waiting for FET to dip before I buy, but if it doesn't I gat to buy anyway.

What do you think about HOT

Planning to HODL till Nov/Dec, hope I am on the right path?
just coming from my 3rd antispasm ban three times dz month...pheeww!
I m hoping in it would dip to 0.5682 or there about...I too have decided to hodl till I get 4x or 6x of my initial alloted fetcoin bag....

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Macktaob(m): 9:39am On Mar 20, 2021
FuckHomophobes:
Guys buy New and hold 0till December. Thank me later
What platform?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by MrCodeSolo: 9:42am On Mar 20, 2021
ceeSleek:
I am losing hope on this XEM coin ooo. Somebody ginger me!
xem worth was de-valued by half just bcuz they introduced xym coins same shady company that created xem coin 5yrs ago...count your lost...and move onto fet coin if you are a long-term hodler....like 3-7months..
Xem & Xym would definitely be a long drag to 1$ ahead.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 9:45am On Mar 20, 2021
Sailor1:

Yesterday wasn't bad but this weekend is shaping up to be glorious...
Sold all my Ada perfectly... Spot at 1.45... had a wry smile when it dumped... Didn't buy at 1.2 though..... Dump was too nasty
Some of my sell targets were annoyingly frontran...
I Set algo for 1.39... it dipped at 1.38
I set wing for 49, sold off at 48....
E dey vex sha...
Still hoping to offload both incl atom and sxp today nd move to hot ready meals

I'm limiting my trades to certain coyns most of which I listed... Most of these micros can be a distraction
Theta has been a blessing... Seems it might ultimately reach 20...

I'd drop this here.... Usually, when tfuel lags theta, history makes me consider it a gift. Look at their charts and you'd see that tfuel ultimately outperforms theta on any pump. It may be different this time but I'm well loaded on both

Ksm, vet, zil are all giving me chuckles..
The dot/uni/sushi gang still sleeping...

Will update in detail later.. got to get going

This weekend is still on track...The reduced Betece volatility is a blessing..also, eith is picking up against betece...both are good indicators for an alyt coin rally. Betece has refused to remain calm for weeks.. My only concern is that this is occurring at resistance... I don't like seeing betece hanging under resistance for too long.

It seems the ksm, vet, zil, theta group took a breather yesterday to refuel..
The dot, uni, sushi gang are getting ready to leave the park...

I finally got to offload Atom at 22.6 after it printed an ugly 5hr candle (picture blw).. May revesit it but only after it clears ATH.
For sxp, my target for the cup nd handle breakout was ATH (between 4.5-5)... But it has become very popular on social media... wouldn't mind cutting it at 4.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by MrCodeSolo: 9:59am On Mar 20, 2021
Obinnau:
it will fall or rise
bitcoin no dey fall on weekends ooh...it falls only when she wan find chair sit don...at least to rest her long legs
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Obinnau(m): 10:06am On Mar 20, 2021
MrCodeSolo:
bitcoin no dey fall on weekends ooh...it falls only when she wan find chair sit don...at least to rest her long legs
on weekends it creeps up slowly grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Obinnau(m): 10:07am On Mar 20, 2021
Obinnau:
Long term hodlers can check out LUNA
I will still say again LUNA. been doing good
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by LauraClasikVibe(f): 10:07am On Mar 20, 2021
Cryptocurrency Lingo

✍HODL

A spin on the investing lingo ‘hold’ — Hold On for Dear Life. A crypto trader who buys a coin and does not see himself selling in the foreseeable future is called a hodler of the coin.

✍FOMO

Short form for ‘fear of missing out’. The feeling when you see a huge green Love Machine on a chart and you don’t own that coin, so you sell other shit to buy into it freaking out. As crypto trading is still very much driven by emotions rather than valuation, FOMO is a huge factor to consider when swing trading in crypto.

✍FUD

Short form for ‘fear, uncertainty and doubt’. Usually used in the form of “Bleep spreading FUD again.”
Example: JPMorgan’s Dimonspread FUD by saying Bitcoin is a fraud that will eventually blow up.

✍ATH

Short form for “All-Time High”. Therefore it means the highest historical price of a specific coin.

✍Whale

A huge player who has a substantial amount of capital. Whales are often the market movers for small alt-coins too due to their huge capital.

✍Pump and Dump

The recurring cycle of an Altcoin getting a spike in price followed by a huge crash. Such movements are often attributed to low volume, hence the ‘pump’. Traders who pump, buying huge volumes, may wish to invoke FOMO from the uninformed investors and then dump, or sell, their coins at a higher price.

✍Shill

The act of unsolicited endorsing of the coin in public. Traders who bought a coin has an interest in shilling the coin, in hopes of igniting the public’s interest in that particular coin.

✍Bag Holder

A term to refer to a trader who bought in at a high and missed his opportunity to sell, leaving him with worthless coins.

✍Margin Trading

A term for ‘trading with leverage’. In this instance of trading, you borrow one side of the trading pair at an agreed loan rate and sell it for the other side of the trading pair. Depending on the direction you believe the market to move, you may place a long or a short bet on the trading pair of concern...

✍Long

A position that a trader takes. To take a long position on something is to believe its value will rise in the future.

✍Short

A position that a trader takes. To take a short position on a coin is to believe its value will fall in the future.

✍Limit Order

An order placed at a future price that will execute when the price target is hit.

✍Borrowing Rate

When you open a leveraged position, you will be borrowing coins at a pre-determined rate. This rate will be added to reflect your position’s overall profit and loss.

✍Lending Rate

Some exchanges have lending accounts. You may deposit your coins into these lending accounts to lend your coins for others to execute their leveraged trades. The lending rate fluctuates throughout the day based on the demand for shorting the coin.

✍Fill or Kill

A limit order that will not execute unless an opposite order exceeds this limit order’s amount.

✍BUY | SELL Wall

A wall as seen in the depth chart of exchanges is an amalgamation of limit orders of the same price target.

✍Altcoin

“Alternate coin” so it is everything other than Bitcoin (BTC). Bitcoin is the main index for cryptocurrency market. If BTC goes up, other coins go up. If BTC goes down, other coins go down.

✍Circulating Supply

The price of a coin has no meaning on its own. However, the price of a coin, when multiplied by the circulating supply, gives the coin’s market cap.

✍Market Cap.

A stock’s market cap refers to the market value of the company’s outstanding shares.
In the cryptocurrency market, the market cap is used to illustrate a coin’s dominance in the entire cryptocurrency market.

✍DDOS

Short form for ‘Distributed Denial of Service’.
A well-timed DDoS attack at exchanges during volatile movements may be devastating as traders will not be able to execute any order manually and will be at the mercy of their pre-set, or the lack of, limit orders.

✍ICO

Short form for “Initial Coin Offerring

https://www.nairaland.com/6441823/boom-part-1-crypto-vocab

11 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by bizzibodi(m): 10:08am On Mar 20, 2021
Adeolaissacutie:
I can't wait for klever to be listed on Binance.
Who is participating in the KFI mining?
Has d mining started?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by LauraClasikVibe(f): 10:09am On Mar 20, 2021
randy01:

That coin is nonsense jare.
They have been hyping it on telegram for the past 1month now.nothing happen
Which group is this? You mind sharing the link
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Failtech: 10:11am On Mar 20, 2021
Who’s still holding OMI.
Good time to buy more as it dipped a bit

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by bizzibodi(m): 10:12am On Mar 20, 2021
nnekaike:
I don't think it will,it looks promising. yeah $1 for co
$1 from 0.007xxx na today?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 10:15am On Mar 20, 2021
ceeSleek:
I am losing hope on this XEM coin ooo. Somebody ginger me!

This will be a bit long...

I usually don't talk about other people's as I believe everyone sees stuff from their angle and one can many times be wrong. But I remember asking why folks were chasing xem the day it dumped... Alot here were screaming xem to 1 dolls and I was wondering where you guys were getting it from as it was obvious you're being dumped on... In this market, you have to justify your trades... copying trades online is most times not beneficial (from my experience).

The first picture was the day it dumped almost 50% in 15mins. I was begging folks to at least wait and see if closes the day above 0.44 before buying. I wouldn't even buy betece if the daily candle looked that way.

It's much easier for a coin that has broke ATH to do 300% than for one within a range to rally 50%. Look at betece and see how many years it took to break 20k and what happened once it took that level.

Most who were saying 1 dolls, had no idea what lies before that. On the daily chart, there are at least 4 strong resistance levels before talking of 1 doll. You can be sure sellers and trapped folks will show up at each. Some are only interested in buying and selling between this range.
The most important level is 0.44 (numbered 1 on the chart) .. It needs to flip that level before talking about further highs. Look back and you'd see why it's that important. If it fails to, or has a bearish retest, then you'd likely see new lows.At this point in the market, I see no reason to hold that.. if betece retraces now, wahala go dey

This is not financial advise but if I had any xem, I'd be targeting the 0.44 level to sell (that's if it gets there). Will have no problems getting in when it flips that level. That said, there's also a possibility that it can rally all the way to 1.. so you make your choice

8 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 10:24am On Mar 20, 2021
Finally....

Here's my outlook on the market...

Betece is still indecisive... But as far as it remains calm within range, then alyts are likely to rally. That's a plan I'm willing to trade.

One is likely to lose more than gain by being in too many coyns... It's better to sellect a few and re-evaluate from time to time...

Been trimming down on my positions and rather focusing on those I think are ready... I shared my pattern here on selecting what positions to take...so far, it's helped

4 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Yungmil: 10:24am On Mar 20, 2021
Is so sad, to learn from nairaland is good but when someone opens a thread on nairaland with the intention of teaching people, people who are already into the biz will start asking different kind of questions on the topic thereby distracting d op from explaining what he intended to.

This attitudes usually affects the Newbies who knows little or nothing about the biz.

Reading this topic from the beginning was interesting until people started asking questions from different angle.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by LauraClasikVibe(f): 10:26am On Mar 20, 2021
bizzibodi:

Has d mining started?
Yes people are mining on binance
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by noony926: 10:26am On Mar 20, 2021
randy01:

You are welcome.

Thanks immensely, I will definitely going to do that, but bro, I would have like to ask you some questions by DM if you don't mind. Thanks
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by LauraClasikVibe(f): 10:27am On Mar 20, 2021
jedisco:
Finally....

Here's my outlook on the market...

Betece is still indecisive... But as far as it remains calm within range, then alyts are likely to rally. That's a plan I'm willing to trade.

One is likely to lose more than gain by being in too many coyns... It's better to sellect a few and re-evaluate from time to time...

Been trimming down on my positions and rather focusing on those I think are ready... I shared my pattern here on selecting what positions to take...so far, it's helped
This is the bane of many CryptoCurrency traders.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (3644) (Reply)

Treasury Bills In Nigeria / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.