Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,329 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' (52409 Views)

Married Man Escapes Death After Sex With Magun-laced Lover / Married Women, Do You Still Give Guys Your Contact? Why? / "Don't Wear Anything To Bed''- Nigerian Lady Advises Men With Unfaithful Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 18, 2021
The rate at which married women are becoming so unfaithful is soo unfair and scary. I work in a 5 star hotel and it's so frightening that 4 out of every 10 guest that lodges in our hotel is a married young woman accompanied by either another man who is old enough to be her grandfather or a small boy old enough to be her kid brother or son angry angry

Magun is a charm that originates from the Yoruba tribe in Nigeria. It literally means "do not climb." Magun has been used for centuries to catch a wife who has an extra-marital affair or to put a promiscuous woman in check. ...the woman and her lover will stick like glue during the process of sex if she has crossed a Broom or touched a substance laced with Magun charms until her husband comes or they are caught.

At least this should bring back some sanity and faithfulness and keep those who are not ready to settle down away from taking vows they will not keep...

108 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by ahnie: 4:18pm On Nov 18, 2021
Have you ever heard of the word called...MIND YOUR BUSINESS?

To the DAFTS that are going to quote me either to spew nonsense or to insult their parents,I M NOT BOTHERED,NO BE UNA SUB DATA FOR ME.

362 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by Vwoman200: 4:19pm On Nov 18, 2021
As if Magun is a cure for unfaithfulness undecided
What everyone needs is self control and discipline after all na who dey catch be thief lipsrsealed

172 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by Hashabiah: 4:19pm On Nov 18, 2021
Bros, modernization and religion won't allow such to happen ,especially in this sex-driven generation where immorality is a normal thing nowadays

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by ahnie: 4:19pm On Nov 18, 2021
Work your work and mind your business.you re there to earn a living not to monitor people's life.

189 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by Mood11: 4:20pm On Nov 18, 2021
What about the men

What method should the wives of the men with randy di¦cks deploy to keep them in check?
At least the women are not forcking themselves with their fingers

What is good for the goose is good for the gander cheesy

326 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by NovesaTillie(f): 4:24pm On Nov 18, 2021
EkehPraise:
The rate at which married women are becoming so unfaithful is soo unfair and scary. I work in a 5 star hotel and it's so frightening that 4 out of every 10 guest that lodges in our hotel is a married young woman accompanied by either another man who is old enough to be her grandfather or a small boy old enough to be her kid brother or son angry angry

Magun is a charm that originates from the Yoruba tribe in Nigeria. It literally means "do not climb." Magun has been used for centuries to catch a wife who has an extra-marital affair or to put a promiscuous woman in check. ...the woman and her lover will stick like glue during the process of sex if she has crossed a Broom or touched a substance laced with Magun charms until her husband comes or they are caught.

At least this should bring back some sanity and faithfulness and keep those who are not ready to settle down away from taking vows they will not keep...
Has any of them come there with your girlfriend or wife??

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:26pm On Nov 18, 2021
EkehPraise:

- how is the above gonna solve the problem (if it catches the cheating partner only after they have been fukced)??!!?
- does "magun" suddenly turn cheating people into faithful ones?!?!?

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by kristonium(m): 4:28pm On Nov 18, 2021
EkehPraise:

How do you know they are married?

Because hardly will they put on wedding ring to the hotel.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by cayorday89(m): 4:30pm On Nov 18, 2021
Magun those days in Yoruba movies, but with my movie knowledge of how Magun works, it's the man that that ends up dieing, while the woman lives to face the consequences of their shame. So OP, think am twice if you believe, men are polygamous in nature and women are not, think of what will befall you when you go hit on a married woman, but still agitate for Magun because you don't want your wife to cheat on you.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by cayorday89(m): 4:33pm On Nov 18, 2021
Mood11:
What about the men

What method should their wives deploy to keep randy di¦cks in check?

What is good for the goose is good for the gander cheesy
In the long run it will stop both the male and female from cheating when they hear news about how others were caught with magun. Just my humble thought though.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 18, 2021
kristonium:

How do you know they are married?

Because hardly will they put on wedding ring to the hotel.

Many of them have wedding bands on embarassed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by CUMIN: 4:54pm On Nov 18, 2021
ahnie:
Have you ever heard of the word called...MIND YOUR BUSINESS?

Are we to mind our business till our society collapsed like America black community.

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by Mstick: 5:00pm On Nov 18, 2021
Men are polygamous in nature na for another man wife or girlfriend body oh. grin grin grin

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by ImaIma1(f): 5:19pm On Nov 18, 2021
CUMIN:

Are we to mind our business till our society collapsed like America black community.

Except he can walk up to the "cheating women" and tell them what he thinks, if not, he should mind his business.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by CUMIN: 5:22pm On Nov 18, 2021
ImaIma1:

Except he can walk up to the "cheating women" and tell them what he thinks, if not, he should mind his business.

No problem.

Peace unto you guys .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by Kobojunkie: 5:40pm On Nov 18, 2021
EkehPraise:
What is the stat on married men who lodge in the same hotel or accompany the married women who lodge in your hotel? undecided

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by Kobojunkie: 5:42pm On Nov 18, 2021
cayorday89:

In the long run it will stop both the male and female from cheating when they hear news about how others were caught with magun. Just my humble thought though.
I believe a majority of the magun tales of old were of men dying atop of women, not the other way around. undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by cayorday89(m): 8:10pm On Nov 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I believe a majority of the magun tales of old were of men dying atop of women, not the other way around. undecided
Yeah, I stated it in my previous comment before the one you quoted, and in the long run most men will learn to stay away from people's wives, since married women is the discussion here, only the single ladies will have a field day and single guys will now conduct interviews and investigations just to be sure they are not deceived my married women who might claim single. But come to think of it, is it really worth the stress.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by DontBullshitMe: 8:27pm On Nov 18, 2021
Magun does not work. It is an ineffective tactic.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by Kobojunkie: 8:33pm On Nov 18, 2021
cayorday89:

Yeah, I stated it in my previous comment before the one you quoted, and in the long run most men will learn to stay away from people's wives, since married women is the discussion here, only the single ladies will have a field day and single guys will now conduct interviews and investigations just to be sure they are not deceived my married women who might claim single. But come to think of it, is it really worth the stress.
And ....bingo! lipsrsealed

Women stopped because they realized how stupid it all was for them to bow to such nonsense ideas. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by elmagnifico411(m): 8:46pm On Nov 18, 2021
Hope you know that if u place 'magun' on your spouse, u too won't be able to climb her? Are u prepared for that? If u cannot climb her, it means you'd have to climb someone else and that in itself is u being unfaithful. Magun na developmental mistake jare..

EkehPraise:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by greenie77: 9:02pm On Nov 18, 2021
Who gets to be killed by Magun? Certainly not the woman!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by Truvelisback(m): 9:22pm On Nov 18, 2021
Married men cheat too, not only women.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by 1Sharon(f): 10:15pm On Nov 18, 2021
Where is the proof that magun works?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by Vision101(m): 11:54pm On Nov 18, 2021
Those women: did they put "married" on their faces?

Nay....high class cheaters don't go to five star hotels because of too much visibility. They go to small high class guest houses in very secluded area. I know where Eucharist Anunobi used to go before.

Off course I was one of them but thank God for Jesus.

Nobody should attack me ooo. Old things have passed away.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by bukatyne(f): 12:21am On Nov 19, 2021
cayorday89:
Magun those days in Yoruba movies, but with my movie knowledge of how Magun works, it's the man that that ends up dieing, while the woman lives to face the consequences of their shame. So OP, think am twice if you believe, men are polygamous in nature and women are not, think of what will befall you when you go hit on a married woman, but still agitate for Magun because you don't want your wife to cheat on you.

@Bold:

Maybe the OP has one that functions the other way cheesy grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by zanshi: 1:18am On Nov 20, 2021
Made a post regarding this on NL romance section and people said i was crazy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by auntynameh: 7:06pm On Nov 20, 2021
shocked
Re: Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by jaxxy(m): 7:07pm On Nov 20, 2021
What of married men? What is good for the goose is good for gander. undecided

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by FutureIsFemale(f): 7:07pm On Nov 20, 2021
EkehPraise:

Nairaland mods why are you guys pushing stupid threads to front page?
Imagine someone saying married women are too unfaithful. Are they cheating on their husbands with cows?
If we must be truthful here, the number of married men cheating outweighs the married women.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by tillaman(m): 7:07pm On Nov 20, 2021
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Wife Beats, Hits Her Husband But The Husband Refuses To Fight Back / I Denied My Husband Sex Because Of Cigarette Odour - Wife Tells Court / 7 Reasons Why Married Men Sleep With Their House Helps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.