Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,286 members, 7,957,737 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:38 PM

Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality (2983 Views)

Rape: Questions To Ask Before Believing A Rape Claim. / 16-Year-Old Boy Impregnates 33-Year-Old Girlfriend - Twitter Users Claim(Photo) / Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Sixfeetbelle: 10:02am On Dec 19, 2020
RisenPhoenix1:

It has nothing to do with any gender power struggle. It has to do with eliminating injustice. Men have as much right to be protected from false rape accusations as women do from actual rape. A better question would have been:

"Can a man not be alone with a woman in a hotel room without her accusing him falsely of rape?"

Especially a wealthy man or one with celebrity status.

And I posit to your question this:

"Is a wealthy man or a man of status not capable of rape? If he's accused of rape, do we dismiss it because he's wealthy?

1 Like

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Sixfeetbelle: 10:02am On Dec 19, 2020
MJBOLT:
this girl sef undecided
I already proved my point,find the people that said such and ask them.

This is what happens when you don't read a post.

1 Like

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Tango123: 10:07am On Dec 19, 2020
Shortyy:
You know what? I've given up on this topic.

If only women can respect themselves, set high standards for themselves, tell me how they'll be treated like trash, and taken advantage of?

When you know your worth and your standards, you'll not be taken for granted and mistreated.

And just so you know, Nigerian men know nothing about consent. They're toxic, rude, and disrespectful.

They believe women are toys and objects of satisfaction.

Women should either stay on their own or continue to be subjected to this perpetual suffering by Nigerian men.

Nigerian men do that because Nigerian women have monetised their pussy. When u begin to bill a man for just being ur boyfriend, expecting him to pay ur bills then u lose value in his sight. Then u are like a toy to hi, something to be bought and sold and used and discarded

I am not supporting evil in men, i am only saying how women and society in general contribute to it. So if we want to change things, we need to change it from its deep origins

2 Likes

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by demmymoney(m): 10:11am On Dec 19, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Too bad that this is our belief and system.

How, then, do we expect raped victims to speak up if the cards are stacked against them? How do we even attempt to stop rape culture if we are so dismissal/indifferent about rape claims?

THERE'S NO RAPE CULTURE IN NIGERIA, IT'S NOT A PANDEMIC OR AN EPIDEMIC.

RAPE IS JUST LIKE ANY OTHER CRIME PEOPLE COMMIT AND WE SHOULD ENCOURAGE PEOPLE WITH REAL RAPE ACCUSATIONS TO SPEAK OUT AND ENSURE THEY HAVE CREDIBLE EVIDENCES.
Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by demmymoney(m): 10:13am On Dec 19, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

I don't need the link to make my point so please stop using it to reply me. My post is based on a comment which I clearly stated at the beginning of my post.

Before this part of the story surfaced, you people insisted it wasn't true and that she wasn't raped. I want to know the reason why? Is it because she's a prostitute?

She wasn't raped because she truly wasn't raped.

She collected mulla nahhhh aba!

1 Like

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Tango123: 10:14am On Dec 19, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Forget that story and focus on my question.

Why is her claim being dismissed?
Is it because she's a prostitute?
Can a prostitute not be raped?
Does the fact that she willingly went into the room with him mean he couldn't have raped her?

Are u saying she should be believed and the man locked up, just based on her words alone

Y are u believeing her words and not the man's words

What if the man is truly innocent

U forget it could be ur son, ur brother ur dad

My point is that a rape accusation should be investigated. If true, the victim is punished. If false, the accuser is punished

Many women have falsely qccused men. Or do u want me to remind u of some high profilee ones?

Stop playing the gender card. Evil is evil irrespective of gender

4 Likes

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by demmymoney(m): 10:14am On Dec 19, 2020
Shortyy:

If only women can respect themselves, set high standards for themselves, tell me how they'll be treated like trash, and taken advantage of?

When you know your worth and your standards, you'll not be taken for granted and mistreated.

And just so you know, Nigerian men know nothing about consent. They're toxic, rude, and disrespectful.

Women should either stay on their own or continue to be subjected to this perpetual suffering by Nigerian men.

MEN ARE SUCCESS OBJECTS

WOMEN ARE SEXUAL OBJECTS
Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Tango123: 10:15am On Dec 19, 2020
RisenPhoenix1:

It has nothing to do with any gender power struggle. It has to do with eliminating injustice. Men have as much right to be protected from false rape accusations as women do from actual rape. A better question would have been:

"Can a man not be alone with a woman in a hotel room without her accusing him falsely of rape?"

Especially a wealthy man or one with celebrity status.

Thank u. Oil dey ur head
Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Sixfeetbelle: 10:17am On Dec 19, 2020
demmymoney:

THERE'S NO RAPE CULTURE IN NIGERIA, IT'S NOT A PANDEMIC OR AN EPIDEMIC.

RAPE IS JUST LIKE ANY OTHER CRIME PEOPLE COMMIT AND WE SHOULD ENCOURAGE PEOPLE WITH REAL RAPE ACCUSATIONS TO SPEAK OUT AND ENSURE THEY HAVE CREDIBLE EVIDENCES.

There is rape culture, you just refuse to accept it. Everyday on front page is a news about rape, mostly of young children. Surely, you should know by now that rape is no longer 'just a crime like any other.'

Credible evidences? How? Unless she has a video of the act (rape is always sudden, so not possible), the only evidence will be based on a doctor's report and a lot of "I said, he said". And then what? Rape cases hardly get sentenced.

1 Like

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by demmymoney(m): 10:21am On Dec 19, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

There is rape culture, you just refuse to accept it. Everyday on front page is a news about rape, mostly of young children. Surely, you should know by now that rape is no longer 'just a crime like any other.'

Credible evidences? How? Unless she has a video of the act (rape is always sudden, so not possible), the only evidence will be based on a doctor's report and a lot of "I said, he said". And then what? Rape cases hardly get sentenced.

Because news media carry news about rape doesn't mean that there's RAPE CULTURE IN NIGERIA. LETS NOT GET AHEAD OF OURSELVES.

NOT EVERY MAN IS A RAPIST, SAYING THERE'S RAPE CULTURE IS HINTING THAT.

SHE SHOULD HAVE CREDIBLE EVIDENCE TO BACK UP HER CLAIMS, WE CANT USE WORD OF MOUTH TO CONVICT SOMEONE OF A CRIME, THATS NOT HOW THE COURT SYSTEM WORKS.

NO EVIDENCE EQUALS NO CRIME SIMPLE!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Sixfeetbelle: 10:22am On Dec 19, 2020
Tango123:

Are u saying she should be believed and the man locked up, just based on her words alone

Y are u believeing her words and not the man's words

What if the man is truly innocent

U forget it could be ur son, ur brother ur dad

My point is that a rape accusation should be investigated. If true, the victim is punished. If false, the accuser is punished

Many women have falsely qccused men. Or do u want me to remind u of some high profilee ones?

Stop playing the gender card. Evil is evil irrespective of gender

My point, too. Let there be an investigation!

But on this particular case, her claims were being dismissed on arrival and that's why it worried me enough to make this post. Some said since she willingly went to his hotel room, it can't be rape or that the chats doesn't scream rape as if rape happens on chats. Complete and blatant dismissal of rape accusations makes it hard to get real rape victims to come forward.

1 Like

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Sixfeetbelle: 10:24am On Dec 19, 2020
demmymoney:

Because news media carry news about rape doesn't mean that there's RAPE CULTURE IN NIGERIA. LETS NOT GET AHEAD OF OURSELVES.

NOT EVERY MAN IS A RAPIST, SAYING THERE'S RAPE CULTURE IS HINTING THAT.

SHE SHOULD HAVE CREDIBLE EVIDENCE TO BACK UP HER CLAIMS, WE CANT USE WORD OF MOUTH TO CONVIT SOMEONE OF A CRIME, THATS NOT HOW THE COURT SYSTEM WORKS.

NO EVIDENCE EQUALS NO CRIME SIMPLE!!!!

News media carry about 1/3rd of the actual rape cases going on in this country and a case a day is alarming if you know what rape culture truly represent. All men may not be rapists but a good handful are. They just haven't been caught or ratted out, yet.

So, obviously, rape would not end anytime soon then?

1 Like

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by demmymoney(m): 10:25am On Dec 19, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

My point, too. Let there be an investigation!

But on this particular case, her claims were being dismissed on arrival and that's why it worried me enough to make this post. Some said since she willingly went to his hotel room, it can't be rape or that the chats doesn't scream rape as if rape happens on chats. Complete and blatant dismissal of rape accusations makes it hard to get real rape victims to come forward.

Why are u ignoring the facts that she collected mulla from the guy after their sexual escapades??
Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Sixfeetbelle: 10:26am On Dec 19, 2020
Tango123:

Nigerian men do that because Nigerian women have monetised their pussy. When u begin to bill a man for just being ur boyfriend, expecting him to pay ur bills then u lose value in his sight. Then u are like a toy to hi, something to be bought and sold and used and discarded

I am not supporting evil in men, i am only saying how women and society in general contribute to it. So if we want to change things, we need to change it from its deep origins

But some get raped even without eating the man's money. Surely children who get raped in the slums and in face-me-I-face-you neighborhoods did not monetise their pvssy too. So what's the excuse here?
Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Sixfeetbelle: 10:28am On Dec 19, 2020
demmymoney:

Why are u ignoring the facts that she collected mulla from the guy after their sexual escapades??

Why are you dismissing her rape claims?

Besides, the guy said he didn't pay her so you can stop spamming my thread with that line.

1 Like

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by demmymoney(m): 10:28am On Dec 19, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

News media carry about 1/3rd of the actual rape cases going on in this country and a case a day is alarming if you know what rape culture truly represent. All men may not be rapists but a good handful are. They just haven't been caught or ratted out, yet.

So, obviously, rape would not end anytime soon then?

U already have bias already that most men are rapist so ur points are invalid and biased. U are playing gender card and I don't blame u, pussy is ur power so we understand u.

There's no rape culture in Nigeria.

Rape just like any other crime won't end anytime soon too

4 Likes

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Tango123: 10:31am On Dec 19, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

But some get raped even without eating the man's money. Surely children who get raped in the slums and in face-me-I-face-you neighborhoods did not monetise their pvssy too. So what's the excuse here?

There u go with gender war

Is it only female kids that get raped. Even boys get raped by adult women

Or are u saying it doesnt happen?

Evil is evil irrespective of gender

3 Likes

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by demmymoney(m): 10:34am On Dec 19, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Why are you dismissing her rape claims?

Besides, the guy said he didn't pay her so you can stop spamming my thread with that line.

THATS A BLOODY LIE

HE DIDN'T PAY HER IN FULL

1 Like

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Sixfeetbelle: 10:35am On Dec 19, 2020
demmymoney:

THATS A BLOODY LIE

HE DIDN'T PAY HER IN FULL

He didn't pay her at all. He said he didn't pay her. Watch the video
Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 19, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

And I posit to your question this:

"Is a wealthy man or a man of status not capable of rape? If he's accused of rape, do we dismiss it because he's wealthy?

No. If he is accused of rape and it is proven beyond all possible doubt (as every conviction must be), then he absolutely should be held culpable. However, it should also be recognized that he is at a far higher risk; statistically speaking; of false rape accusations by unscrupulous gold diggers. Wealthy men are also subject to far more offers of consensual sex by these same set of women.
Therefore, any unsubstantiated rape accusation directed at such individuals must take into account the situation, circumstance and reputation of the accuser. This is to differentiate exhaustively between consensual sex and rape, and prevent any act of injustice. The only other alternative would be to believe every accusation of rape brought against men by a woman merely on her say so, which would be a gross injustice; since no study has proven that women are more believable than men in such situations. The fact that a man has wealth is not an excuse to disbelieve or oppress him either.

1 Like

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Tango123: 10:36am On Dec 19, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

I dont know how old u are. But i pray no female ever abuses or rapes ur son (if u have now or wish to have in the future), because u will not even believe ur son. Just because he has a dick. Which is a big pity.

Madame, fight for justice. Dont fight for justice for women alonw.

Everyday men get raped by womwn too. Little boys get abused and raped by aunties and co. Teenages get raped by women. Adult men get raped by women. Evil is evil irrespective of gender

2 Likes

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Sixfeetbelle: 10:38am On Dec 19, 2020
Tango123:

There u go with gender war

Is it only female kids that get raped. Even boys get raped by adult women

Or are u saying it doesnt happen?

Evil is evil irrespective of gender

There's no gender war here.

You're the one that said girls get raped for monetising their pvssy and I had to use that line to show you your error in reasoning. Besides, I purposely went for children (boys inclusive) because those ones don't monetise their pvssy or preek and yet still get raped.
Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by demmymoney(m): 10:41am On Dec 19, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

He didn't pay her at all. He said he didn't pay her. Watch the video

He paid her but he didn't pay her the amount she wanted, I have watched the video

And even if he didn't pay her, so does that mean he raped her??

1 Like

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Sixfeetbelle: 10:45am On Dec 19, 2020
demmymoney:

U already have bias already that most men are rapist so ur points are invalid and biased. U are playing gender card and I don't blame u, pussy is ur power so we understand u.

There's no rape culture in Nigeria.

Rape just like any other crime won't end anytime soon too

I have a bias cause most comments here show that many are rapists and don't think of it as a crime or that big of a deal. In fact, they go as far as to paint all women bad to justify rape. You hear comments like:

She's a paid prostitute, so it isn't rape.
She went to his room willingly, so it isn't rape.
Since there's something like false rape charges, then this must be one too.
He's wealthy and popular, so he can't be a rapist.
Her toto is wide, so it can't be rape.
Most girls are into runs, so it can't be rape.
She ate his money without giving sex, so it can't be rape.

Tell me after seeing all these comments, why I won't think most men are rapists?

By the way, there's rape culture. You can choose to continue living in denial. It isn't my job to wake you up to reality.
Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 19, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Women keep meeting men in hotels and restaurants cause it's a social thing nowadays. It's 'jet age' to go on dates and hangout and whatnot. Gone are the days ladies stayed at home to wait for their bethroted. Now, they have to go out there and meet them. But meeting them in these places doesn't mean they agree to the dark side of these meets despite how it looks.

But I do get a few things from all you've said.

So in order for it not to termed a false rape accusation, it's best to not be complicit then? Don't meet a guy anywhere and you're safe?

Don't meet a man who you cannot trust 100% in a location where either rape; or false accusation of rape; is facilitated. Don't be alone with a man who you cannot trust 100% in a secluded area unless you know you are prepared to have sex with him if he asks.

I would actually also extend the advise to men. Do not ever seclude yourself with an untrustworthy woman in a location where she can accuse you of rape. And if a woman has already given consent to sex, make sure you have evidence to cover yourself up. If Dr Alaska had not had videos and WhatsApp chats to prove his case, it might have gone very badly for him and his reputation.

2 Likes

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Sixfeetbelle: 10:46am On Dec 19, 2020
demmymoney:

He paid her but he didn't pay her the amount she wanted, I have watched the video

And even if he didn't pay her, so does that mean he raped her??

I'm not saying he did or didn't. I'm neutral on this case. My question is: why you guys think he didn't?
Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Tango123: 10:47am On Dec 19, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

There's no gender war here.

You're the one that said girls get raped for monetising their pvssy and I had to use that line to show you your error in reasoning. Besides, I purposely went for children (boys inclusive) because those ones don't monetise their pvssy or preek and yet still get raped.

I never said girls get raped because theyrl monetised their pussy.

Read my post again and see what i was responding to.

I was responding to the below

Shortyy:

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by demmymoney(m): 10:48am On Dec 19, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

I'm not saying he did or didn't. I'm neutral on this case. My question is: why you guys think he didn't?

Because she didn't show any credible evidence

Or do u believe we should not investigate or we should believe everyone who says something about them being violated or abused without proper investigations

4 Likes

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Sixfeetbelle: 10:50am On Dec 19, 2020
Tango123:

I dont know how old u are. But i pray no female ever abuses or rapes ur son (if u have now or wish to have in the future), because u will not even believe ur son. Just because he has a dick. Which is a big pity.

Madame, fight for justice. Dont fight for justice for women alonw.

Everyday men get raped by womwn too. Little boys get abused and raped by aunties and co. Teenages get raped by women. Adult men get raped by women. Evil is evil irrespective of gender

I am fighting for justice which is why I didn't dismiss the singer's rape claim like most men here did. I try to empathize with the victim until it is disproved but in that story, most didn't even bother with her.

I know children can be raped, irrespective of gender and that's why I wondered why anyone could use excuse that women get raped because they monetise their pvssy as an excuse. That's the reason I asked that question. Children don't monetise their sexual organs et they still get raped so obviously rape has nothing to do with being a prostitute or not.
Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by BigBellyBurst(m): 10:51am On Dec 19, 2020
See how they are talking. The other day one ugly mofo came out to say she will rape Omaha lay. No body is even talking about that one because na woman talk am. If na man now they will be bashing him.

Very stupid country. Every time these females will come out and be talking as if they are saints. Mtcheewwwww.

3 Likes

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by demmymoney(m): 10:51am On Dec 19, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

I have a bias cause most comments here show that many are rapists and don't think of it as a crime or that big of a deal. In fact, they go as far as to paint all women bad to justify rape. You hear comments like:

She's a paid prostitute, so it isn't rape.
She went to his room willingly, so it isn't rape.
Since there's something like false rape charges, then this must be one too.
He's wealthy and popular, so he can't be a rapist.
Her toto is wide, so it can't be rape.
Most girls are into runs, so it can't be rape.
She ate his money without giving sex, so it can't be rape.

Tell me after seeing all these comments, why I won't think most men are rapists?

By the way, there's rape culture. You can choose to continue living in denial. It isn't my job to wake you up to reality.

It's ur business if u think there's rape culture in Nigeria because it's still the same Nigeria that people are getting married every single weekend. If all men are rapist or most men are rapists at least we should be seeing a decline in the amount of people getting married every single weekend.

Anyways rape is like any other crime, it's not a bigger crime or a smaller crime, don't politicize it. Crime na crime, whether it's stealing, lying, rape, corruption etc.

U are getting emotionally attached to the issue

Women shaa

Ur emotions will always get the best out of una SMH!

2 Likes

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by BigBellyBurst(m): 10:53am On Dec 19, 2020
Shortyy:

When u people have decided to sell ur bodies, who will take y'all serious?

Every corner and crevice of this country is swarming with hoes. And see what ur here yapping.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Funniest Breakup / Woman Leaves Her Husband And Becomes His Neighbor With Another Man's Pregnancy / My Heart Bleds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.