Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,859 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality (2460 Views)

Reply From The Guy Whose Claim To Jilt A Girl On His Wedding Day!! / Rape: Questions To Ask Before Believing A Rape Claim. / 16-Year-Old Boy Impregnates 33-Year-Old Girlfriend - Twitter Users Claim(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Dpsychologist: 7:13pm On Dec 19, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Not willingly being in the same private spot as the guy.
This statement is too ambiguous, i will prefer you go further.

1 Like

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Sixfeetbelle: 7:14pm On Dec 19, 2020
Dpsychologist:

This statement is too ambiguous, i will prefer you go further.

Okay.
Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Nazgul: 7:19pm On Dec 19, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

With a gun or a knife, yes, they can. There's no need for more manpower if you have a deadly weapon whether it be a gun, knife or drugging the victim earlier.

That you've heard thousands of false rape claims isn't a given to dismiss others. Stop using it as a criteria. Robinho was charged and sentenced to jail for raping a girl yet Neymar wasn't. Both ladies claimed they were raped.

And also stop being emotional with the "Girls are manipulative" nonsense you keep spewing here. A vast majority using it for clout doesn't negate those that are actual victims. Stop concluding all of them are false rape charges just to exonerate your fellow men.

Coming from a hotel room isn't fail proof that a rape didn't occur behind closed doors and this is the basis of my thread. Why does her being in a hotel room mean she couldn't have been raped? Does location matter?
Madam robinho's case was a case of gang rape, not single rape. Remember I said if more than one guy is involved then it would be very easy to subdue the girl.

And yes I still maintain my stand that most single rape cases claim by women are false.

And who's getting emotional...you're funny. You're the one trying to sound logical but currently you're doing a very bad job at it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 19, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

What I understood from your comment was if 5 ladies says a guy raped them and 4 are found to be chasing clout, we should let the guy go so his life won't be ruined, not minding how the fifth case turns out.

Anyway, the reason I gave you that story was to show you what effect stereotype has on rape cases. The guy who reported the rape was black. The guy was gay. The police would definitely have made attempt to investigate more if the victim was white and a female.

Same way I know the public's response to the singer's case would have gone in a different direction where she to be a reputable person.

Perhaps it would have gone differently if she was a surgeon or the CEO of a multinational. That would have been because there would have been no obvious monetary motive to a false accusation, and not because of her profession. As for profiling, I think that it is a necessary part of life and makes crime fighting much easier; though it is somewhat unethical if looked at from a shallow perspective. If >50% of perpetrators of a certain crime fit a certain profile, it makes sense to filter for such a demography when fighting such a crime in the community. This does not mean that exhaustive investigation should be abandoned and everyone should be accused of the crime indiscriminately, but at least, more careful watch should be placed on members of that community. For example, you see more Muslims profiled in the US or the EU for explosive searches, you see more Nigerians, and South Americans taken aside for drug searches etc, mostly the young and single travellers. It is a necessary evil and cannot be helped.
Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Sixfeetbelle: 7:33pm On Dec 19, 2020
RisenPhoenix1:

Perhaps it would have gone differently if she was a surgeon or the CEO of a multinational. That would have been because there would have been no obvious monetary motive to a false accusation, and not because of her profession. As for profiling, I think that it is a necessary part of life and makes crime fighting much easier; though it is somewhat unethical if looked at from a shallow perspective. If >50% of perpetrators of a certain crime fit a certain profile, it makes sense to filter for such a demography when fighting such a crime in the community. This does not mean that exhaustive investigation should be abandoned and everyone should be accused of the crime indiscriminately, but at least, more careful watch should be placed on members of that community. For example, you see more Muslims profiled in the US or the EU for explosive searches, you see more Nigerians, and South Americans taken aside for drug searches etc, mostly the young and single travellers. It is a necessary evil and cannot be helped.

For once we agree. We judge rape cases based on who is involved and never as a neutral case which shouldn't be so.

We need to do better in terms of a society.
Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 19, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

For once we agree. We judge rape cases based on who is involved and never as a neutral case which shouldn't be so.

We need to do better in terms of a society.
I personally maintain that prevention is better than cure. If we want to be politically correct and shift all the burden of rape on men alone, this problem will never be solved. Both men and women should recognize that we all have a collective duty to prevent situations where either rape, or false accusations of rape, can occur. Because of this, I am against sexual promiscuity on principle.
Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Sixfeetbelle: 7:38pm On Dec 19, 2020
Nazgul:

Madam robinho's case was a case of gang rape, not single rape. Remember I said if more than one guy is involved then it would be very easy to subdue the girl.

And yes I still maintain my stand that most single rape cases claim by women are false.

And who's getting emotional...you're funny. You're the one trying to sound logical but currently you're doing a very bad job at it.

I never said all the rape claims are true. I'm stating that majority being false does not diminish the probability of the minority and that a victim's profession shouldn't determine if she is believed or not. You can't dismiss a rape claim just because 99 earlier cases turned out to be clout chasing.

For a single man to overpower a single woman is still easy despite all you're saying. A gun is a very powerful convincing tool.
Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Sixfeetbelle: 7:43pm On Dec 19, 2020
RisenPhoenix1:

I personally maintain that prevention is better than cure. If we want to be politically correct and shift all the burden of rape on men alone, this problem will never be solved. Both men and women should recognize that we all have a collective duty to prevent situations where either rape, or false accusations of rape, can occur. Because of this, I am against sexual promiscuity on principle.

I am too, but caging people isn't the way to go. People will always mingle with other people, not knowing a predator is lurking by. It wouldn't always happen in hotel room or at his apartment. It could happen anywhere at anytime. Even a church has not been left out of this depravity.

Anyway, my solution is that there should be stricter punishments meted to offenders to dissuade would-be. Also, ladies need to learn to be stronger technically just in case as well as be vigilant enough to read their environment better.
Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Nazgul: 7:48pm On Dec 19, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

I never said all the rape claims are true. I'm stating that majority being false does not diminish the probability of the minority and that a victim's profession shouldn't determine if she is believed or not. You can't dismiss a rape claim just because 99 earlier cases turned out to be clout chasing.

For a single man to overpower a single woman is still easy despite all you're saying. A gun is a very powerful convincing tool.
You seem to deliberately ignore that part where I stated that for an armless guy to subdue a girl is almost impossible.

Go back and read my post...I was talking about a guy who isn't armed and a mature lady. Not an armed fellow.

Do you know what it takes to overpower an adult without any form of weapon?

A girl I dated in school back then grabbed my phone without my consent, I knew how hard I wrestled with her and even at that I still couldn't remove the phone from her hand without injuring her.

I had to change taticts by forming anger before she gave it back to me.

It's not easy to over power a lady, strip her nàked and rape her unless she just decides to give you what you want.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 19, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

I am too, but caging people isn't the way to go. People will always mingle with other people, not knowing a predator is lurking by. It wouldn't always happen in hotel room or at his apartment. It could happen anywhere at anytime. Even a church has not been left out of this depravity.

Anyway, my solution is that there should be stricter punishments meted to offenders to dissuade would-be. Also, ladies need to learn to be stronger technically just in case as well as be vigilant enough to read their environment better.

First, those that happen elsewhere are easier to defend against, or prove if the perpetrator succeeds. Secondly, stricter punishment cannot be meted out if the actual crime cannot be proven beyond all possible doubt. You could potentially just be implementing stricter punishments on innocent persons. In fact, this would empower women to make more false accusations as it will instill a greater fear in the men because of the 'stricter punishment'. You are still looking at this from the perspective of your gender alone. Try to keep rape, as well as false accusations, as equally undesirable events on the table. That would keep things more balanced. You cannot solve one at the expense of the other.
Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Sixfeetbelle: 8:02pm On Dec 19, 2020
RisenPhoenix1:

First, those that happen elsewhere are easier to defend against, or prove if the perpetrator succeeds. Secondly, stricter punishment cannot be meted out if the actual crime cannot be proven beyond all possible doubt. You could potentially just be implementing stricter punishments on innocent persons. In fact, this would empower women to make more false accusations as it will instill a greater fear in the men because of the 'stricter punishment'. You are still looking at this from the perspective of your gender alone. Try to keep rape, as well as false accusations, as equally undesirable events on the table. That would keep things more balanced. You cannot solve one at the expense of the other.

I meant giving out stricter punishments to already convicted rapists. Castration is a nice way to start and no man wants to let go of his fleshy weapon so most would start behaving properly.

Sure, you may be right about me only seeing this from the angle of the victim, but I believe fear of being punished makes people behave responsibly. How about there being punishment for false rape charges, that way rape cases can be taken more seriously than this indifference it is getting today?
Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Liposure: 8:02pm On Dec 19, 2020
When you willingly follow a man to the hotel without thinking twice, you are as guilty as the accused. In her case, the guy cheated her by not keeping his end of the bargain after sleeping with her prompting her to resort to cheap emotional blackmails. She was never raped, doesn't mean girls can't get raped. But when its based on mutual agreement, it then raises a lot of eyebrow suspicions along the line

1 Like

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 19, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

I meant giving out stricter punishments to already convicted rapists. Castration is a nice way to start and no man wants to let go of his fleshy weapon so most would start behaving properly.

Sure, you may be right about me only seeing this from the angle of the victim, but I believe fear of being punished makes people behave responsibly. How about there being punishment for false rape charges, that way rape cases can be taken more seriously than this indifference it is getting today?

Would you also recommend cutting off the tongues of false accusers as an equitable punishment to your suggested castration of rapists?

The punishment is not the problem. Getting a conviction is.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's The Best Decision You've Ever Made In Life? / Your First Wet Dream: Share The Experience.. / A Letter To The Man With A Good Heart And Who Still Believes Much In Love.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.