Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? (53788 Views)

It Seems Glo Has Even disconnected itself before the NIN Deadline / NIN Issues: I Never Registered For NIN.. How Do I Verify The NIN from *346#? / With The NIN Synchronisation In Place, What Happens To Number Recycling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 21, 2020
Estrella366:
dial *785# with the phone number you want to link and enter your NIN and then submit.

Please elaborate more on this. I should enter *785# abi *785* followed by my NIN number then # before submitting?
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by cedricksly: 9:46am On Dec 21, 2020
Estrella366:
never
what makes you so sure you are the first owner of the sim?? Saying never like you haven't heard of recycled sim.... Thats the only explanation and notin else....
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by RUDEBOYY(m): 9:47am On Dec 21, 2020
Estrella366:
Hello Nairalander, I would like to know the circumstances that could make it possible for a person who is yet to visit any of the NIMC offices or outlets either online or offline for the purpose of registering for the NIN get the NIN?

I have never made any prior efforts to register for the NIN stuff, however out of curiosity I tried entering the NIMC's NIN registration verification code *346# via my Etisalat phone number and to my surprise the system returned a positive answer with an eleven digit NIN.

So what are the possible technical reasons for this?

Thanks for your suggested answers.

Update##
I tried to see if I could verify the number on the NIMC website and di scovered that the site is down with message reading indicating "FORBIDDEN "black black bla

I have similar experience,
I have my card with me but when I did the check I realized that the number I got in the sms is different from the one I have on my card.
Though I did the registration twice,the old one and the new one.
I also tried to check on their website to verify the details but the site is down.
I think that site should be active now
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Asiseeit: 9:48am On Dec 21, 2020
Estrella366:
I have done that already but I still have to wait for the NIMC website site to be up and running again for me to verify to be cocksure

That site has been down for over a year now. Well, I tried it last year, even went to their office to check if my ID itself was ready as I did it 2015, the site was down there too.
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Oluwaseun2020(m): 9:48am On Dec 21, 2020
tknyskny:
do you use gt bank and your bvn starts with the numbers 222 or 221.....if yes....don't worry u automatically get NIN .
223 nko?
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by RuggedSniper: 9:50am On Dec 21, 2020
Estrella366:
Hello Nairalander, I would like to know the circumstances that could make it possible for a person who is yet to visit any of the NIMC offices or outlets either online or offline for the purpose of registering for the NIN get the NIN?

I have never made any prior efforts to register for the NIN stuff, however out of curiosity I tried entering the NIMC's NIN registration verification code *346# via my Etisalat phone number and to my surprise the system returned a positive answer with an eleven digit NIN.

Update##
I tried to see if I could verify the number on the NIMC website and di scovered that the site is down with message reading indicating "FORBIDDEN "black black bla
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by RuggedSniper: 9:58am On Dec 21, 2020
thatigboman:
If you have done BVN, go to the bank you registered and ask for the printout of your BVN details. U will see your NIN there
Awesome!...
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by RuggedSniper: 10:10am On Dec 21, 2020
Camelot65:
Your BVN has been used to generate a NIN for you..

Now go to NIMC office with the NIN to update your information and a slip will be given to you
WORD!

Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by sircrabo: 10:14am On Dec 21, 2020
Estrella366:

Update##

BVN and NIN use same data. If you have a BVN, you automatically will have an NIN number. It happened to me to. When i needed to correct my date of birth, it changed within 48hrs in the bvn database but that of NIN warranted me to go to their office and I paid N15k. Meaning BVN and NIN dont use the same database.

Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 21, 2020
Hasino2258:
I can help you to verify the nin number if his yours if his ok by you and for people that register and don't want to wait to get there nin due the crowd there I can help u verify ur nin and send the u the soft copies

How are you going to do it?
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by emonis88: 10:21am On Dec 21, 2020
did NIN retrieval with d number on my bvn n got an 11 digit number. can i link it with my other phone numbers now?
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by yusman14(m): 10:27am On Dec 21, 2020
tknyskny:
do you use gt bank and your bvn starts with the numbers 222 or 221.....if yes....don't worry u automatically get NIN .
I use gtbank. mine starts with 224..how do I get my NIN?
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by wickedtuna: 10:32am On Dec 21, 2020
Estrella366:
I have done that already but I still have to wait for the NIMC website site to be up and running again for me to verify to be cocksure
You'll probably just end up with someone else's information, or maybe an error in their system.
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by RuggedSniper: 10:33am On Dec 21, 2020
tknyskny:
see there is nin and bvn
GTB is mad good! grin Thanks @tknyskny... All the best.

Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by AerialMapper: 10:35am On Dec 21, 2020
The reason is simple

The number you used is the same you used for your BVN.

NIMC has somehow used BVN to assign NIN to people ( digital NIN) so if you have a BVN then you automatically get assigned an NIN which you can retrieve using the code *346#

So do not panic and no cause for alarm...
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Ustec: 10:43am On Dec 21, 2020
Hasino2258:
I can help you to verify the nin number if his yours if his ok by you and for people that register and don't want to wait to get there nin due the crowd there I can help u verify ur nin and send the u the soft copies
What is the maximum number of lines that one can link with the NIN?
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by kheny12(m): 10:51am On Dec 21, 2020
tknyskny:
see there is nin and bvn
which Gt bank App is this
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by MrColdsweat: 10:58am On Dec 21, 2020
You idiots should be resisting the government and it's directive.

The government wants to easily track you in case of any further protests.

This is the first step to social media regulation.

Fools!
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by kponkedenge(m): 11:00am On Dec 21, 2020
Racing:

I just checked mine too now out of curiosity on my MTN and was surprised I saw the eleven digits number. I have never done this NIN before cos I have all been making use of my old National identity card issued years back.

Please what was the code you used in checking on MTN.
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 21, 2020
AerialMapper:
The reason is simple

The number you used is the same you used for your BVN.

NIMC has somehow used BVN to assign NIN to people ( digital NIN) so if you have a BVN then you automatically get assigned an NIN which you can retrieve using the code *346#

So do not panic and no cause for alarm...
what if I've misplaced the Sim card I used to register?
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by emmydee(m): 11:05am On Dec 21, 2020
obiekunie2:
is it the samenumber you used for your bvn?

if yes, then they just updated your details thru your bvn.

but if no . . . you are on ur own be that.
I think I will agree with you on this cos I also saw mine but have never registered. I have used my number ever since MTN took off so it couldn't have been a recycled number.
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 21, 2020
I need help oooh. I misplaced the Sim card I used to register, how do I go about it?
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by emonis88: 11:07am On Dec 21, 2020
MrColdsweat:
You idiots should be resisting the government and it's directive.

The government wants to easily track you in case of any further protests.

This is the first step to social media regulation.

Fools!
quiet true
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Hasino2258: 11:11am On Dec 21, 2020
michaelpop50:

How are you going to do it?
give me your phone number and the arrangement of ur names incase of mismatch
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Hasino2258: 11:13am On Dec 21, 2020
Ustec:

What is the maximum number of lines that one can link with the NIN?
u can link them to all your lines i think each network have a way they go about it
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Ukanahsunday(m): 11:19am On Dec 21, 2020
Can i use my nin for my brother or mother to save their line from NCC disconnection. She has no bank account nor registration with NIMC. Is it logical to do that....
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 21, 2020
Make una help me na! See as una jus dey ignore my question.
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Sunijacks(m): 11:27am On Dec 21, 2020
That was how I was told I have NIN registration to my surprise they even included my second which I hardly use.

Uptill now the thing still dy surprise me even my picture dy there
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Reference(m): 11:28am On Dec 21, 2020
tknyskny:

Yes I use GTBank and my BVN starts with 221 and I got mine automatically. But I am concerned government is already snooping around accounts and possible fishing for something. I will keep an eagle-eye on them. Something deeper and darker maybe going on.
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by GoodGovernance: 11:30am On Dec 21, 2020
Grandmeister:
Just entered 346 on my mtn line and saw my NIN, I never actively did any documentation for it prior. But I use GTBANK so I guess it explains it?

Hello!

I do not have GTbank account and I got mine NIN through the same 346.

Peoples's BVN had been used to generate NIN ,irrespective of your bank, simplicita.
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by bamite(m): 11:44am On Dec 21, 2020
Ifewunmi03:
I guess this is one of the reasons why our Network line should be linked with our various NIN.

Our Network providers keep recycling lines whichh is not advisabl. For instance, who remember the case of Delta State businesman arrested by DSS for using sim that once belong president's daughter.

My challenge with our Nigerian system of government is that, both network providers and government won't make us of it.

You talk too much for a lady. Smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

BBM For Nokia Lumia Phones / The Best Data Subscription Plan For Android Users / 2go- What Went Wrong?