Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,717 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? (53731 Views)

It Seems Glo Has Even disconnected itself before the NIN Deadline / NIN Issues: I Never Registered For NIN.. How Do I Verify The NIN from *346#? / With The NIN Synchronisation In Place, What Happens To Number Recycling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Estrella366: 3:59pm On Dec 21, 2020
cedricksly:
what makes you so sure you are the first owner of the sim?? Saying never like you haven't heard of recycled sim.... Thats the only explanation and notin else....
got it before sim registration started. I think I have already said this elsewhere in the thread
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by cebablos: 4:19pm On Dec 21, 2020
Please can the old national ID card be used?
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by cevek11: 5:30pm On Dec 21, 2020
It's most likely the BVN you did as this has been synchronized with the NIN
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by olowofariwo(m): 5:56pm On Dec 21, 2020
no wonder the nimc official insisted I must produce my bvn before they could attend to me, unless I haven't done my bvn before.
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by SkyRicks: 6:50pm On Dec 21, 2020
Estrella366:
never

The Sim card was recycled and you bought it.the details backing the NIN will carry the previous user details. This is the negatives implications of this nin and sim stuff
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by sircrabo: 7:24pm On Dec 21, 2020
RSVP:

How do you process your Date of birth changing ? Had a wrong DOB on my BVN but I haven't register for NIN yet. I know they would ask for BVN and all the info will automatically be used for NIN registration. Please explain how you get yours done. I want to change everything. Day, month, year.

Just go to the bank you did your bvn and request for the necessary change. It might require an affidavit but if you have a valid means of identification that carries your date of birth, you won't need an affidavit to change your DOB in BVN Database.
Pray you don't have issues with the date of birth associated with your NIN. That mistake will cost you 15k and it will take up to 6 weeks for it to be ready
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Gaggii: 7:54pm On Dec 21, 2020
JesusJesus:
The SIM card you have must have been used by someone previously
Maybe the person is dead. The SIM card was recycled and you purchased it. Simple

This is not through,

I experienced the same as him.

But the nin generated brought my information and pics
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by SolexxBarry(m): 8:50pm On Dec 21, 2020
IYANGBALI:
my BBN starts with 221, what do I do to check my NIN? Thanks!

Tell your account officer to give you a print out of you bvn
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Blessedmum(f): 9:09pm On Dec 21, 2020
tknyskny:
login into ya gtb app click on the menu bar...u will see ya bvn and NIN there
I can only see my bvn no NIN
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Racing(m): 9:37pm On Dec 21, 2020
Nostradamus:
what's the code for that MTN own?
Sorry for the late response. The code to access the NIN in Ur line is*346#
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Shedy003: 10:44pm On Dec 21, 2020
iamdapsyj:

Dial *346# now and copy your NIN
I did, then what?
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by carbony4red(m): 11:06pm On Dec 21, 2020
Estrella366:
Hello Nairalander, I would like to know the circumstances that could make it possible for a person who is yet to visit any of the NIMC offices or outlets either online or offline for the purpose of registering for the NIN get the NIN?

I have never made any prior efforts to register for the NIN stuff, however out of curiosity I tried entering the NIMC's NIN registration verification code *346# via my Etisalat phone number and to my surprise the system returned a positive answer with an eleven digit NIN.

So what are the possible technical reasons for this?

Thanks for your suggested answers.

Update##
I tried to see if I could verify the number on the NIMC website and di scovered that the site is down with message reading indicating "FORBIDDEN "black black bla

If it's the same number you registered with your BVN, U might be lucky it has been synchronized from ur bank via BVN platform, because that's d only good thing I got from First Bank after registering my BVN.
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by appleshyne: 11:21pm On Dec 21, 2020
Nimc is the main organization charged with the responsibility of managing d data of every legitimate Nigerian and most of our bank,roadsafty,immigration etc data has already been captured by Nimc. Although few of d already captured data by Nimc from d bank via bvn has been linked to d Nimc data base so if your bvn has already been linked then u automatically have a nin so all u have to do is just walk into any enrolment center and complete your registration. I hope this is clear enough and helpful. Cheers
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by RSVP: 4:03am On Dec 22, 2020
GreatAchiever1:

Bro please, how did u know u had a wrong DOB in your BVN because I tried d ussd code for bvn on my sim, it didn't bring up d bvn, although I know my BVN
I would like to check if d phone numbers actually correspond, because it dosent come up in d ussd code.

Something came up on time so I had to print out my bvn page and I knew I filled in the wrong date right from the day i setup my bank account.

@
cebablos:

When I went to do register for my national ID card, the person in charge asked for my BVN which I simply told him I don't have (This is because I knew my BVN data is different from the data in my documents). After getting the nimc slip, I used it to correct my BVN details.

That was tactical mehn.
Did your bank not ask much question after you present the NIN and make a dob change?
I wish i can pull this stunt too.
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Nobody: 6:27am On Dec 22, 2020
Hasino2258:
only if your bvn is intergrated to NIMC database to generate your NIN

Okay. But now that I don't have NIN, how do I go about getting it? Please coach me
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by BluntNigerian: 6:28am On Dec 22, 2020
Estrella366:
I have done that already but I still have to wait for the NIMC website site to be up and running again for me to verify to be cocksure
That NIN belongs to someone else...
Trust Me.!!
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by BluntNigerian: 6:30am On Dec 22, 2020
Racing:

I just checked mine too now out of curiosity on my MTN and was surprised I saw the eleven digits number. I have never done this NIN before cos I have all been making use of my old National identity card issued years back.
When did you buy your MTN Number??
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by BluntNigerian: 6:32am On Dec 22, 2020
thatigboman:
If you have done BVN, go to the bank you registered and ask for the printout of your BVN details. U will see your NIN there
I will do this..
Let me just do the experiment...
I registered for NIMC-NIN long before I registered for BVN
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by BluntNigerian: 6:35am On Dec 22, 2020
Estrella366:
but it is their own NIMC ussd, *346# that brought up the NIN when I quried it with my phone number. I tried first with my MTN number and the query returned negative. I don't thing there is any need to visit their offline office since I have already used the NIN to submit the GSM SIM linking as directed by the authorities except if at the end of the day my submission are rejected.
Ok...
I think I will need to follow-up on this..
Let me know the final outcome of their NIMC/NCC verification.
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Racing(m): 6:36am On Dec 22, 2020
BluntNigerian:
When did you buy your MTN Number??
I bought my line since 2004 when the price was around 2k. I have never lost the particular SIM ever since. So as you can see it's never been recycled whatsoever.
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by GreatAchiever1: 6:53am On Dec 22, 2020
RSVP:

Something came up on time so I had to print out my bvn page and I knew I filled in the wrong date right from the day i setup my bank account.

How did you print the BVN, is it from your bank?
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:10am On Dec 22, 2020
GMBuhari:
they didn't arrest him because he bought buhari's daughters sim , they arrested him because he used the sim to commit fraud , he hired female hausa actors to speak hausa to callers pretending to be buhari's daughter's friends and they got money and gifts from unsuspecting victims

Keep spreading lies. I don't know what you guys gain from it.
Yet the court awarded him about 10m damages abi?
Keep spreading lies.

1 Like

Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:14am On Dec 22, 2020
Sheggy13:

Like others said, you got the NIN automatically through your BVN registration. To verify, you can use this website: https://checkmypeople.com/nin-verify/
It's linked with NIMC, but they'll charge you 300 naira payable through Paystack (Using bank transfer, USSD or card). Your details will come out with your picture, which you can print out( advisable to you use Chrome browser if you're doing this on phone) or send to your email. It's safe and easy.

Fraudsters.
Una no dey rest?
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:28am On Dec 22, 2020
dayolove:
The NIN was generated via your BVN. However, you need to physically still go to a NIMC office near you and do what they called BVN modification so that NIN can go live and be verifiable else, you will always have the NIN but not able to verify it. NIMC has received BVN numbers starting with 221 and 222 for the first digits and did what they call harmonization. Some got hits and were sent back to NIBSS so it can be cleared while most were cleared to generate the NIN you have now. You can contact me directly on lovedayo@yahoo.com for more information.

Same applies to all those with BVN 221 and 222 that are able to use the NIMC short code *346# to check for their NIN but have never approached any NIMC office for BVN modification.

Contact you for what?
Why should they contact you?
Are you nimc official?
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:31am On Dec 22, 2020
icankel:
Network providers should be assisting government in fighting insecurity in the country. They have customers data yet they can't trace the location of those bandits

Who told you govt is looking for bandits?
Govt knows where those bandits are abeg!!
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by nifdem: 7:47am On Dec 22, 2020
Shedy003:

I did, then what?
then u can use dt link to link ur NIN with ur MTN line. https://mtnonline.com/nim/
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by GMBuhari: 10:35am On Dec 22, 2020
Which court, when and where ??

If you don't provide proof of that then you are the liar
Agbegbaorogboye:

Keep spreading lies. I don't know what you guys gain from it.
Yet the court awarded him about 10m damages abi?
Keep spreading lies.

I have seen the news myself and i do not believe it , has he been paid ? no , but the initial story broken by the same SAHARA REPORTERS among others was that he defrauded some people , maybe those ones are too embarrassed to press charges or the amount is small , either way he was not detained for possessing Hauwa's number
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by iamdapsyj(m): 10:42am On Dec 22, 2020
Shedy003:

I did, then what?

Make sure you dial the short code with the network you used to register for bvn. When you dial *346#, you will see another prompt, type 1 and press OK. Then the next prompt will show your NIN. Hope you are using an average phone.
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:24pm On Dec 22, 2020
GMBuhari:
Which court, when and where ??

If you don't provide proof of that then you are the liar

I have seen the news myself and i do not believe it , has he been paid ? no , but the initial story broken by the same SAHARA REPORTERS among others was that he defrauded some people , maybe those ones are too embarrassed to press charges or the amount is small , either way he was not detained for possessing Hauwa's number
At least you agree you're the liar now.
Mind you Sahara reporters never said he defrauded anyone. That was the concoction of government media propagandists which fell like a pack of cards at the court.
Go and read the news all over again to see how it went down at the court. The story was well covered even till the court have judgement in his favour.
All this your ifs and maybes are irrelevant
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Shedy003: 4:49pm On Dec 22, 2020
iamdapsyj:

Make sure you dial the short code with the network you used to register for bvn. When you dial *346#, you will see another prompt, type 1 and press OK. Then the next prompt will show your NIN. Hope you are using an average phone.
Done

1 Like

Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Shedy003: 4:52pm On Dec 22, 2020
nifdem:
then u can use dt link to link ur NIN with ur MTN line. https://mtnonline.com/nim/
Done. We only submit our NIN to our various networks, proper linking is subject to validation of the submitted NIN by NIMC.
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by RSVP: 12:31am On Dec 23, 2020
GreatAchiever1:

How did you print the BVN, is it from your bank?

Yes from my bank.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Are Down Worldwide / Have You Seen This In Your Area? (PIC) / We Miss You- MTN Tells Disgruntled Subscribers, Woos With N1000 Airtime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.