Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer (5203 Views)

I'll Rather Masturbate To Her Pics Than Woo Her! / Would You Rather Marry a village girl or a city girl / I Will Rather Marry Poor Man That Is Good In Bed Than 1min Rich Man-Calabar Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer by JovialJune(f): 12:38pm On Dec 21, 2020
They automatically want a submissive woman, but they can't love her first which was clearly written in the Bible, lol funny thing is most screaming submission are atheists, and they know this submission thing comes from the bible, they'd rather pick what suits them and discard the rest, idiots.

1 Like

Re: I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer by angelfallz(m): 12:46pm On Dec 21, 2020
For the love of God, the use of an illiterate woman by the lawyer is for emphasis. Don't you guys comprehend?

He said he would rather marry a submissive illiterate than a disrespectful literate.

Many of you are just jumping on the illiterate part while removing the context.

What man in his right senses would knowingly marry a disrespectful woman even with all her degrees and or money?

What the lawyer is saying is that he'd rather marry a submissive illiterate than a disrespectful literate.

He was also comparing the two.

JovialJune:

So in other words, women should have never been educated, being an illiterate was better cos it makes us conform and behave well under mens control right?

You are a classic case of a degenerate, a disgust of a nonentity, make sure when you have daughters, they shouldn't pass the four walls of a school, that way, they can lick the very sand their husband walks on just to show how controlling they can be, rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer by JovialJune(f): 12:49pm On Dec 21, 2020
angelfallz:
For the love of God, the use of an illiterate woman by the lawyer is for emphasis. Don't you guys comprehend?

He said he would rather marry a submissive illiterate than a disrespectful literate.

Many of you are just jumping on the illiterate part while removing the context.

What man in his right senses would knowingly marry a disrespectful woman even with all her degrees and or money?

What the lawyer is saying is that he'd rather marry a submissive illiterate than a disrespectful literate.

He was also comparing the two.

Pls don't annoy me, read the comment of the person I quoted before mentioning me, read with understanding and slowly.

1 Like

Re: I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer by angelfallz(m): 12:51pm On Dec 21, 2020
JovialJune:

Pls don't annoy me, read the comment of the person I quoted before mentioning me, read with understanding and slowly.

1. If I annoy you what would you do? Try not to be silly.
2. Another person's comment shouldn't make you take things out of context.

2 Likes

Re: I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer by JovialJune(f): 12:54pm On Dec 21, 2020
angelfallz:

1. If I annoy you what would you do? Try not to be silly.
2. Another person's comment shouldn't make you take things out of context.

Are you okay?

What am I taking out of context? Did you read where he said western education made women yen yen yen and whatnot, did I in any way quote the Op?

Pls stay away from me if you lack simple comprehension.

1 Like

Re: I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer by Snitch24(m): 12:56pm On Dec 21, 2020
Zzor:
what is this illiterate lawyer saying
lmao e dey pain u

1 Like

Re: I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer by angelfallz(m): 12:57pm On Dec 21, 2020
JovialJune:

Are you okay?

What am I taking out of context? Did you read where he said western education made women yen yen yen and whatnot, did I in any way quote the Op?

Pls stay away from me if you lack simple comprehension.

The bolded, I should be asking you.

No, you did not quote the OP. But you took what the OP said out of context.

I took my time to explain it to you.

1 Like

Re: I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer by ayarandy: 1:00pm On Dec 21, 2020
Please my dear, which one comes first? LOVE before SUBMISSION or viceversa. This discussion has been very controversial and seems people's opinion on this tilts on the basis of the side of the divide one finds him/her self!
JovialJune:
They automatically want a submissive woman, but they can't love her first which was clearly written in the Bible, lol funny thing is most screaming submission are atheists, and they know this submission thing comes from the bible, they'd rather pick what suits them and discard the rest, idiots.

2 Likes

Re: I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer by JovialJune(f): 1:00pm On Dec 21, 2020
angelfallz:

The bolded, I should be asking you.

No, you did not quote the OP. But you took what the OP said out of context.

I took my time to explain it to you.

I took the Op out of context, is the guy I quoted the Op?

Dude, it's like you love arguing baselessly, and I don't have time for that,

You can go away now, bye bye.

1 Like

Re: I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer by wisdomiskey(m): 1:03pm On Dec 21, 2020
JovialJune
JovialJune
JovialJune

How many times did I call you?

You're fighting here as well? shocked

U need deliverance o cry

5 Likes

Re: I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer by JovialJune(f): 1:05pm On Dec 21, 2020
ayarandy:
Please my dear, which one comes first? LOVE before SUBMISSION or viceversa. This discussion has been very controversial and seems people's opinion on this tilts on the basis of the side of the divide one finds him/her self!

It is the manboys them, they always emphasize on the one that suits them, and become blind on what to give to get what they want,

Love comes before submission, a man is expected to love his wife unconditionally, only when he does that, would his wife automatically submit to him effortlessly,

But you see the smellos here, they'd rather kill themselves before loving any woman wholeheartedly, they see it as being a simp, confused lot.

1 Like

Re: I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer by JovialJune(f): 1:06pm On Dec 21, 2020
wisdomiskey:
JovialJune
JovialJune
JovialJune

How many times did I call you?

You're fighting here as well? shocked

U need deliverance o cry

Lol, go away.

1 Like

Re: I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer by ibkonekt(m): 1:12pm On Dec 21, 2020
Smart man
Re: I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer by wisdomiskey(m): 1:21pm On Dec 21, 2020
JovialJune:

Lol, go away.

How many people will you say this to? You get beef with everybody. Tueh!

2 Likes

Re: I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer by Akinbahm(m): 1:27pm On Dec 21, 2020
Zzor:

E pain you, u self add character to your literacy...

Re: I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer by DukeJoe17: 1:46pm On Dec 21, 2020
[s][/s]
Nanaborga:
Inferiority complex and low self esteem has made this one settle for less , instead of you to strengthen your charisma and humble any educated feminist you desire , you will suffer lots of embarrassment from this illiterate loyal vaginal puppy and it’s not even certain that illiteracy will make her humble or faithful to you forever , she can still cheat on you with your neighbor and thereby commit paternity fraud without you being aware cos an humble partner is a scared partner filled with low self esteem which can be easily convinced by another man . There are so many benefits when an educated confident and bold woman falls in love with you , going out with one of my ugly educated and confident girlfriend has made me benefited a lot of things , I prefer being with her than those my other pretty slay queens who are also educated but with low self esteem
[s][/s]
Re: I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer by Rickmann: 2:11pm On Dec 21, 2020
benjackugo:
"I Will Much Rather Marry A Teachable, Submissive Illiterate Than Spend A Day With A Disrespectful Literate Woman" - Nigerian lawyer

A Nigerian lawyer, Arinze Amobi said he would prefer to marry and spend his life with a teachable, respectful and submissive illiterate than spend a day with a disrespectful literate, IgbereTV reports.

Amobi, who stated this on Facebook on Saturday December 19, said most sincere men will agree with him.

He wrote:

https://igberetvnews.com/1376107/ill-rather-marry-submissive-illiterate-disrespectful-literate-lady-lawyer/
Lalasticlala

You have spoken well my brother and I couldn't agree more.

1 Like

Re: I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer by Rickmann: 2:12pm On Dec 21, 2020
Zzor:

How will you understand?
Re: I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer by DandeNumeruno(m): 3:20pm On Dec 21, 2020
This is stupid. I'd rather have someone who challenges me intellectually than a boring yes woman.

1 Like

Re: I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer by angelfallz(m): 3:28pm On Dec 21, 2020
JovialJune:

I took the Op out of context, is the guy I quoted the Op?

Dude, it's like you love arguing baselessly, and I don't have time for that,

You can go away now, bye bye.

Bye bye too

After you would say you're jovial grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer by WoundedLamb: 3:45pm On Dec 21, 2020
angelfallz:

Another person that does not know the meaning of submission.
In the context of the lawyer, he is talking about an illiterate, so therefore there would be some things he may have to teach her.

Dude, "submission" is a master/slave word. The right word is "respectful". Only control freaks or power drunk men go around looking for fellow humans to submit to to them. You see I didn't argue about the word "teachable" cause like you said, he is looking for an illiterate (this leads to another broad discussion but I'll leave that so as not to appear incorrigible).

1 Like

Re: I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer by EaglesEyes1(m): 3:48pm On Dec 21, 2020
Zzor:
so u are one of the disrespectful literate ladies out there
Re: I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer by WoundedLamb: 3:54pm On Dec 21, 2020
wisdomiskey:

Why are women always looking for rich and masculine men?

Why do you guys believe anyone who points out something wrong with a gender's perspective is automatically supporting the other gender? Everything is not gender war, and there'll be no progress if all you care about is pointing out the wrongs of the opposite gender while making light of yours. Women looking for rich men to marry are not exempted from my criticism. When I see any thread supporting, I'll be sure to voice out. This thread has a subject and I only commented based on that subject. I'm not one of the ML men who spend so much energy making women look like the devil or pieces of trash while the men are always right. I try to say it as I see it bearing in mind I could be wrong sometimes.

1 Like

Re: I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer by wisdomiskey(m): 3:57pm On Dec 21, 2020
WoundedLamb:

Why do you guys believe anyone who points out something wrong with a gender's perspective is automatically supporting the other gender? Everything is not gender war, and there'll be no progress if all you care about is pointing out the wrongs of the opposite gender while making light of yours. Women looking for rich men to marry are not exempted from my criticism. When I see any thread supporting, I'll be sure to voice out. This thread has a subject and I only commented based on that subject. I'm not one of the ML men who spend so much energy making women look like the devil or pieces of trash while the men are always right. I try to say it as I see it bearing in mind I could be wrong sometimes.

So why did you ask a gender bashing question yourself?

4 Likes

Re: I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer by WoundedLamb: 4:04pm On Dec 21, 2020
wisdomiskey:

So why did you ask a gender bashing question yourself?

When I disagree with women's perspective, it's logical. When I disagree with men's perceptive, it's gender bashing. Dude, I'm a man and I'm wasn't asking gender bashing questions. I was only disagreeing with the idea of men looking for submissive women instead of someone loving/caring. Like I said, I'd also disagree with the idea of women looking for rich men instead of someone caring and loving, and I'd have pointed that out in the same manner if this thread was about that.

1 Like

Re: I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer by wisdomiskey(m): 4:07pm On Dec 21, 2020
WoundedLamb:

When I disagree with women's perspective, it's logical. When I disagree with men's perceptive, it's gender bashing. Dude, I'm a man and I'm wasn't asking gender bashing questions. I was only disagreeing with the idea of men looking for submissive women instead of someone loving/caring. Like I said, I'd also disagree with the idea of women looking for rich men instead of someone caring and loving, and I'd have pointed that out in the same manner if this thread was about that.

Madam, no need to lie here.
You can still express yourself proudly with your "f" identity showing - pretending to be a man never adds credibility to a post undecided

4 Likes

Re: I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer by WoundedLamb: 4:09pm On Dec 21, 2020
wisdomiskey:

Madam, no need to lie here.
You can still express yourself proudly with your "f" identity showing - pretending to be a man never adds credibility to a post undecided

Ok. I think I'm done with the chat. It's fast degenerating into the normal Nairaland childish rants.

Enjoy your week.

1 Like

Re: I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer by angelfallz(m): 4:19pm On Dec 21, 2020
WoundedLamb:

Dude, "submission" is a master/slave word. The right word is "respectful". Only control freaks or power drunk men go around looking for fellow humans to submit to to them. You see I didn't argue about the word "teachable" cause like you said, he is looking for an illiterate (this leads to another broad discussion but I'll leave that so as not to appear incorrigible).

The view from which we are looking at submission is leader and follower. A wife submitting to the authority of husband. And also, the biblical submission of a wife to her husband.

It's you that is making submission about master and slave.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/submission
Re: I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer by Eriokanmi: 5:02pm On Dec 21, 2020
JovialJune:

Women also go out to fend for the family these days, and they are compelled to provide 50/50 for the family, why can't the man be compelled to do house chores?

Confused set of species, man boys everywhere.
There are truly such women but the questions is...What's the percentage of such women to men, even nowadays there are women who are more comfortable or richer than their husbands and how many of such won't shame or disgrace their husbands at the slightest provocation? You and I know the kind of generation we are in. A lot has gone wrong nowadays. My mum is much older than my dad but we never knew this until when we grew up because the respect was top notch. They're both old now and still together. My dad was seen washing mum's toilet recently. I just laaaaf, to tell you the kind of love they had for each other. She still makes dad's meal.

I had the opportunity of having a couple as neighbours growing up. The wife was an illiterate rich woman who used to sell tailoring materials at Idumota. She owned up to 3 shops there. If you heard about fagbohun tailors in those days who sewed clothes for the colonialists... she was his descendants. All her siblings went to school except her. She was whealthy while her husbands was a carpenter. At times, he would join her in her shop whenever he didn't have any carpentry work to do, to assist her willingly, not because the woman forced him. This woman would leave shop to prepare food for her man at home, despite her status. I also remember mama kofi the edowoman who married a cobler, a Ghanaian.She was into cassava business in edo state. She had a van, 2 houses but you'd never know who brings home the money. I lived in their house for a year as a researcher. You hardly find such women nowadays without being noticed. Worst case scenario they simply divorce cos they believe they can be on their own without any man's help. I also remember mrs A. who worked and still works at chevron. She joined when it was still gulf oil. Her husband and her were managing in a 2 bed apartment as young couple. His younger brother is my very good friend. It was the man who got her the job at the then gulf oil. It was actually his slot but he decided to ask the wife to fill it when they needed people. The man was working at CBN that time. A few years later, gulf oil became chevron and money started rolling in. This man had lost his job over a union unrest of which he was a leader. The woman later divorced him.

A similar story which brought up this topic even happened in same texas which I know of. 2 of them are known to me. One of them divorced over a minor issue. The man who invited her over to US to study nursing and sponsored her and 2 of her siblings suddenly became incapacitated financially and the woman was always complaining. The last born was almost done with her degree before this man lost his job during the global economic recession. We had several of such women in the olden days too and hardly would you know who brought home the food except you were close to them. Submissiveness was part of their core values.

2 Likes

Re: I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer by Eriokanmi: 5:04pm On Dec 21, 2020
JovialJune:

So in other words, women should have never been educated, being an illiterate was better cos it makes us conform and behave well under mens control right?

You are a classic case of a degenerate, a disgust of a nonentity, make sure when you have daughters, they shouldn't pass the four walls of a school, that way, they can lick the very sand their husband walks on just to show how controlling they can be, rubbish.
I don't need to reply you on this cos I've seen your profile and it speaks a volume. "SELF LOVE"
Re: I'll Rather Marry Submissive Illiterate Than Disrespectful Literate Lady- Lawyer by SkyRicks: 7:04pm On Dec 21, 2020
WoundedLamb:

Nobody has commented otherwise, you're already fighting and calling names. Why is it so impossible to argue onhere without the fang bearing? People who have different opinions aren't always enemies.

@OP: why are men always looking for "submissive teachable women"? Are you marrying a baby or a fellow adult? What exactly makes men assume the default role of the teacher? Or are they just looking for someone who they can teach to ignore their excesses, someone dumb and docile? Wouldn't you feel 'alone' in the marriage if you had such a wife? To me the expression "submissive teachable" should be used at the place of work between employers and employees. Using it between couples suggests a lot. I believe the word 'respectful' is sufficient. And yeah, I'd also want a respectful wife who will worth my respect as well.

Simp... Even your region stated submissive as a requirement of a marriageable lady

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Think I Am Finished. Do I Still Have Hope? / How Do You Blow A Naija Girls Mind Away? / Some Gals Are Crazy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.