Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,949 members, 7,824,977 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

done - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / done (1203 Views)

Kemi Olunloyo: I Have Never Been Married At 56 Because I Won't Submit To A Man / Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because Of Sex? / I Just Lost My Job Because I Was Looking At My Boss Hips , Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

done by luemz(m): 4:37pm On Dec 22, 2020
ok

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: done by thesicilian: 4:40pm On Dec 22, 2020
Even after struggling to get a brilliant result from school they still discriminate on the basis of 'overqualification'. It shall not be well with some employers.

1 Like

Re: done by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 22, 2020
Na wa ooo, first class looking for a job and was turned down because of his class of degree, upsidedown country. May God help you
Re: done by RedPanthar: 4:45pm On Dec 22, 2020
Let's put this to test. Would you like to work as a driver 30k per month?

1 Like

Re: done by CallMeAthena(f): 4:51pm On Dec 22, 2020
A 1st class graduate unemployed
Re: done by Ahmad62(m): 5:00pm On Dec 22, 2020
Which kin company is this?.. Maybe this is good coz god will give you a bigger job.. Just keep on praying bro
Re: done by internationalman(m): 5:10pm On Dec 22, 2020
That available space has been allocated to someone else from a political or rich background who probably stays at home all day with his pass certificate without searching for the job...

Dey there make pant dey wear you.

2 Likes

Re: done by internationalman(m): 5:11pm On Dec 22, 2020
Ahmad62:
Which kin company is this?.. Maybe this is good coz god will give you a bigger job.. Just keep on praying bro

God has removed hands from Nigeria matters..

We are not the only children he has.

1 Like

Re: done by Julleyjulley(f): 5:27pm On Dec 22, 2020
Not surprised though. This is Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: done by prince2pac(m): 6:15pm On Dec 22, 2020
which kind wahala be this again,

Re: done by BigDawsNet: 6:35pm On Dec 22, 2020
I didn't actually get a particular job sometimes ago

Great interview
Great meeting

They told me i was over qualified

On top

Degree excellent grades
Courses in University of Michigan and Leeds...

Well what's not urs will never be urs
What's yours will stay!

1 Like

Re: done by luemz(m): 8:55pm On Dec 22, 2020
thesicilian:
Even after struggling to get a brilliant result from school they still discriminate on the basis of 'overqualification'. It shall not be well with some employers.

never felt bad for doing so well in school. I'm over it and I believe sth better will come my way. it's the system where we've found ourselves. terrific

1 Like

Re: done by luemz(m): 8:57pm On Dec 22, 2020
Ahmad62:

thanks. join me in prayers too. I appreciate.
Re: done by Bornsinner7: 8:58pm On Dec 22, 2020
This country!!!

You will almost run mad just to graduate from tertiary institutions in Nigeria.. not to talk of graduating with good grades..

After graduation..

Time to get a job.. then you hear some people giving you advice that you better tender your secondary school cert if not they won't give you the job.. so why did you go for a degree if that is the case??

You can never understand how broken this country is..
Re: done by luemz(m): 9:00pm On Dec 22, 2020
internationalman:
That available space has been allocated to someone else from a political or rich background who probably stays at home all day with his pass certificate without searching for the job...

Dey there make pant dey wear you.

No Sir. the role was given to the person who actually interviewed for a lesser role. I was denied basically because of my class of Degree and how well I did too.. giving the impression of me being overqualified.
Re: done by luemz(m): 9:02pm On Dec 22, 2020
[b][/b]
Re: done by afolarin60591: 9:04pm On Dec 22, 2020
Not surprised though. This is Nigeria
Re: done by Adeesther56(f): 9:21pm On Dec 22, 2020
Me i graduated as a nd holder and dropout from n.c.e
Re: done by RedPanthar: 9:23pm On Dec 22, 2020
luemz:

For now I am not done with my driving lessons. And I think no graduate would "like" to work as a driver for 30k per month. Basically just for survival purpose.

SO, you just spoke for the company.

Thanks for your time buddy

1 Like

Re: done by Nazgul: 9:45pm On Dec 22, 2020
The MD of the company is probably and HND Holder or a 3rd class BSC Holder hence their decision to respectfully deny employing you.

I'll advise you to pick up an Msc form in your alma mater. Once you're done you can apply for a lecturing job there.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: done by luemz(m): 10:33pm On Dec 22, 2020
RedPanthar:

SO, you just spoke for the company.

Thanks for your time buddy
you're welcome. thanks for your time.
Re: done by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 22, 2020
undecided

1 Like

Re: done by paulolee(m): 10:53pm On Dec 22, 2020
this Nigeria that anything is possible...I remember an artist dt said "getting a big ass is more profitable that getting a b.s.c"....not surprised
Re: done by fuckaholic25(f): 10:59pm On Dec 22, 2020
why u go get first class??
Re: done by BaddieFreak(f): 11:02pm On Dec 22, 2020
Welcome to Nigeria
Re: done by Goldbw122(m): 7:00am On Dec 23, 2020
They will look at you, tell you that "your certificate is too heavy", Nigeria needs to travel..
Re: done by Weneda(m): 7:34am On Dec 23, 2020
There was a time i was sent a message of that kind before. I was surprised because i only submitted my CV i wasn't yet interviewed.
Re: done by SavageResponse(m): 8:31am On Dec 23, 2020
luemz:
Good Evening Esteemed Nairalanders,
I know this platform has been of great help to many of its users and I hope to get some help here. please spare few minutes of your precious time to read my story. thanks.
Advice, Referral, Insights are all welcomed.
An outsourcing agent of a company here in Ogun state was doing recruitment and I got a call from one of the persons I had shared with that I am looking for a job.
He called me to submit my CV. I did and few days later, I was invited for an interview at the company. From the invitation, it was scheduled to start by 8:00 am.
In my usual nature of keeping to time, I was already at the company by 7:33 am. Before 8:30 am, I and some other persons that came had been inducted (safety precautions and all that). We were directed to the reception where we waited for over 5Hours (Yes!) With intermittent “sorry for the delay, we’d start soon”.
Long story short, the interview started at about 2:56 pm, and when it was my turn, I went in. It was actually a warm and good interview session. After the interview, I was quite confident of getting the offer to be honest. In fact the Quality Control manager right there confessed she’d love to work with me.
It was quite unfortunate that 10 days later, I got a call from one of the persons on the interview panel. He told me he’s Sorry, and that I had done really well in the interview coupled with my class of Degree, they won’t be giving me the job because I am “overqualified” for the job.
Really? Overqualified? Please I just want to learn, work, and earn!. The last time I felt this depressed, and devastated was probably when I lost my dad. With encouragement from close friends (Some teased me and said "wahala for who get First class oh" ...lol) and family, I am back and ready to face the challenges.
So please, I am out here in need of a job that would first, stimulate and give me opportunity for growth while I use my skills and knowledge to add value to the company. I hold a B. Sc. Microbiology and I have experience working as a quality control/ safety personnel in a FMCG company. I’m also opened to internship opportunities in an ever changing and dynamic environment. I also have experience working in the NGO sector. Please any one with links or that can recommend me for a job would be highly appreciated.
P.S: I’m available to travel with preferred location as Ogun, Rivers, Lagos, Calabar, Akwa Ibom etc. In this order.
you can check me out on LinkedIn via
https://www.linkedin.com/in/emmanuel-james-690442175
Or reach me via
Zero 70 Three Three 20 97 three 1.
Thanks and God bless you all.
I'm sorry this is posted here.
please Mod help me take to front page for wider view.
Seun Lalasticlala

If that company had employed you I can guarantee that after 6 months you would have opened another thread here to complain that you are being underpaid by your employer!

Good luck in your search for a better paying job

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Traumatizes You Occasionally? / Hello Our Fellow Nairalanders .I Seriously Need A Second Wife / "I Have Been Sleeping With My Best Friend’s Husband” – Bride-to-be Seeks Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.