Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,934 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened (72021 Views)

Man Finally Caught The Person Who Made Nasty Comment On His Photo, This Happened / After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# / Help! Infinix Note 4 Heats Up Easily With 3G Network Switched On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by ibuildstuff(m): 1:43pm On Dec 23, 2020
femi4:
Unfortunately, from page 1 to page 2, useless theory.

OP should get a good generator. If you are using a generator other than the "I pass my neighbor", it's voltage doesn't fluctuates either on load or no load. No problem with using stab with your refrigerator
Stabilizer draws more power from the generator, so it depends on the kind of generator he's using.
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by Mutemenot(m): 1:44pm On Dec 23, 2020
doggedfighter:
That Amazon charger there is trash .

Send that bag of rice here. I want to check something.

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by DavidEsq(m): 1:45pm On Dec 23, 2020
doggedfighter:

grin grin grin grin grin grin are u well laidis?
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by BlackKing555: 1:47pm On Dec 23, 2020
Raycelove:
We on our generator to freeze the items kept in the freezer, we connected stabilizer with the freezer, this was our first time of connecting stab with freezer.

So the hell mistake I made was removing my phone from the original charger and charging it with an infinix fast charger, after plugging the phone , the generator level went high and the fast charger got burnt the original charger, my sister laptop charger got burnt , bulbs got burnt.

We were lucky not to on our televisions and other valuables. We off the gen and on it again without the freezer on and the sound and motion went back to normal.

So what caused the change in level of the generator and what led to the damages of laptop charger, bulbs and chargers??

What's your AVR(Stab) power rating?
What's the Gen power rating (2500)?

Check and tell me
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by Mutemenot(m): 1:48pm On Dec 23, 2020
Uncharted56:
That's why I've stuck to solar every since, has alot of device protection features in it including thunder protection and 24hrs electricity, it's been 3 weeks now and my light never off talkless of charger burning lol and its it's super quiet too

And you forgot to mention the cost sad one solar battery now cost more than a our regular generator
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by 12345baba(m): 1:49pm On Dec 23, 2020
See wetin federal government cause now

1 Like

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by adebayo111: 1:52pm On Dec 23, 2020
lovecares34:
You are not supposed to connect your freezer to a stabilizer while your Gen is on. That was the mistake u made. Next time, plug the freezer directly and not through a stabilizer.

correct answer. never use your gen and stabilizer simultaneously
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by iamJ(m): 1:54pm On Dec 23, 2020
Generator life na suffer head, thank God that I'm beyond things like this now

1 Like

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by iamJ(m): 1:54pm On Dec 23, 2020
doggedfighter:

bag of rice looks very beautiful
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by symbianDON(m): 1:55pm On Dec 23, 2020
ibuildstuff:

Stabilizer consume more power, let's just say ur generator is powerful enough for the stabilizer u are using, but on a serious note, u are stressing ur generator.

a stabilizer would damage a smaller not so powerful generator.
based on what electrical principle exactly?? all these people up there saying, 'don't use stabilizers with generator', actually sound ridiculous! your stabilizer is simply an electrical device that steps up or steps down electrical voltage so as to protect your appliances from damage. stabilizers themselves DON'T consume electricity. if your generator is good and your stabilizer is good absolutely NOTHING will happen if used together.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by Coolx: 1:59pm On Dec 23, 2020
Raycelove:
We on our generator to freeze the items kept in the freezer, we connected stabilizer with the freezer, this was our first time of connecting stab with freezer.

So the hell mistake I made was removing my phone from the original charger and charging it with an infinix fast charger, after plugging the phone , the generator level went high and the fast charger got burnt the original charger, my sister laptop charger got burnt , bulbs got burnt.

We were lucky not to on our televisions and other valuables. We off the gen and on it again without the freezer on and the sound and motion went back to normal.

So what caused the change in level of the generator and what led to the damages of laptop charger, bulbs and chargers??
it's not advisable to plug Fridge with Stabilizer on Generator it damage the compressor
it's to plug to generator direct
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by descarado: 1:59pm On Dec 23, 2020
femi4:
Unfortunately, from page 1 to page 2, useless theory.

OP should get a good generator. If you are using a generator other than the "I pass my neighbor", it's voltage doesn't fluctuates either on load or no load. No problem with using stab with your refrigerator
I'm surprised too.
I used gen on stabilizer and never had problem once. My engineer that usually come to service the gen has never deemed it fit to use the gen direct too. Gen never had any single problem till the day he dismatled and packed them for me.
Get good gen. Really good gen.

3 Likes

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by Benjaniblinks(m): 2:00pm On Dec 23, 2020
Raycelove:

Ok . how will i know if a charger is original?
Download ampere plug in your charger and open the app. If it reads above 1000ma it is obviously an original charger...

2 Likes

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by honsule(m): 2:02pm On Dec 23, 2020
doggedfighter:

yes it is trash,especially those with lights. But not all.
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by doggedfighter(f): 2:03pm On Dec 23, 2020
234dm8:

That amazon charger damaged two of my iPhones.
The tristar or U2 IC on the mother board were damaged.

That stuff is a packaged garbage. I swear

1 Like

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by yusscity(m): 2:03pm On Dec 23, 2020
Raycelove:

You have a terrible protective devices
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by saasala(m): 2:04pm On Dec 23, 2020
EXLOVER:
I have use generator for 15years, that incident was caused by the charger, they are some fake charger you plug to an extension there will be a bridge of current between the extension and the charger, immediately you plug the charger the Gen will be jerking like a girl that wants to cum, just troway that charger, another that causes that is when NEPA and gen collide. But nothing will happen to your Gen.

Mad man grin

1 Like

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by Rhaspody(m): 2:04pm On Dec 23, 2020
westlius:

Oil dey ur head
Let me explain something here
We use stabilizers for Nepa because most of there lights are either below or above 220mw and most electronics we have works well when on 220mw
Our generators are set already on 220mw, so no need to stabilise the current because its already stabilized by the gen

220volts or 220 megawatts?

So your generator can supply 220 mega watts. Thats 220 million watts .

Better edit your error. I know say na 220volts you wan write
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by doggedfighter(f): 2:06pm On Dec 23, 2020
iamJ:
bag of rice looks very beautiful
Very beautiful something grin
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by joey150(m): 2:06pm On Dec 23, 2020
ibuildstuff:

Stabilizer consume more power, let's just say ur generator is powerful enough for the stabilizer u are using, but on a serious note, u are stressing ur generator.

a stabilizer would damage a smaller not so powerful generator.

Well, it does. But 100 watts max for a 1kva stabilizer, which I use. Negligible. Compared to the stress of having to plug and unplug everytime.

I have a digital stabilizer and I actually get 210volts on my generator which it boosts to 230v. I intentionally reduced the output of the generator a little to save fuel.
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 23, 2020
Why connect a stabilizer to your generator? That's technically unethical? Do you compare the size of your generator to the stabilizer? Your freezer wattage rating? other appliances? You have a good chance of burning your generator coils, jack off the stabilizer from that generator supply chain.
Why generator, when solar system is now the trend, that is where comfort art?
greensolarpower@gmail.com or whatsapp 08036678282 now.
Love this hybrid solar system? below

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by BoboKush(m): 2:07pm On Dec 23, 2020
lovecares34:
You are not supposed to connect your freezer to a stabilizer while your Gen is on. That was the mistake u made. Next time, plug the freezer directly and not through a stabilizer.

Wanted to say this..... But u said it all already
And also when next you are going for gen.... Buy the one with AVR not capacitor

Circuit breaker should av come to your rescue

1 Like

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by ospreywin(m): 2:11pm On Dec 23, 2020
westlius:

Oil dey ur head
Let me explain something here
We use stabilizers for Nepa because most of there lights are either below or above 220mw and most electronics we have works well when on 220mw
Our generators are set already on 220mw, so no need to stabilise the current because its already stabilized by the gen

grin 220mw bawo?? grin grin grin
You're talking about voltage
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 23, 2020
Mutemenot:

And you forgot to mention the cost sad one solar battery now cost more than a our regular generator
Comfort comes at a price, Don't stifle, your power of personal comfort, an average Ajangbadi person will show off having an air-conditioner, but may find it repugnantly to pay his or her electricity bills
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 23, 2020
Nicepoker:
The gen backfired. Due to voltage surge triggered from the stabilizer.
It is not it, I had similar experience before nothing like stabilizer, so what is the cause?
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by okosodo: 2:12pm On Dec 23, 2020
lovecares34:

What will happen if you connect a stabilizer with a generator

1 Like

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by MrHighSea: 2:13pm On Dec 23, 2020
Everybody keep saying never marry generator and stabilizer, nobody can say why.

There's actually nothing wrong with that, google please.

I use 5000w wall mounted stabilizer at the mains.
As in, everything in the house, from bulb, chargers and freezer are connected to the stabilizer when NEPA or generator is on.

The only cons is on the generator, and its not much. just a little minus in efficiency. I calculated the power demand in the house and its far below the power rated on the generator.

It's Science, not myth.

7 Likes

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by alizma: 2:13pm On Dec 23, 2020
EXLOVER:
I have use generator for 15years, that incident was caused by the charger, they are some fake charger you plug to an extension there will be a bridge of current between the extension and the charger, immediately you plug the charger the Gen will be jerking like a girl that wants to cum, just troway that charger, another that causes that is when NEPA and gen collide. But nothing will happen to your Gen.
Before you accused any charger, have you ask him to know if he is using those chargers for the first or he has been using them before?
If he has been using them before and they hadn't burnt nor destroyed other items then why now?
What about the stabilizer, what is the output voltage, what is the make of the stabilizer etc, these are various questions to ask, don't just accused any particular charger of being responsible until you get, most important, the output voltage of the stabilizer
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 23, 2020
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by fashrola(m): 2:15pm On Dec 23, 2020
Raycelove:

Using a Stabilizer with a generator is unnecessary... Because lot of generator output generates clean voltage unlike our NEPA light that keeps fluctuating

And also Stabilizer should not be higher than the Generator in terms of its Kva. example Don't use a 5,000watt Stabilizer on a 2kva Gen. You will ruin the Generator

Finally, Be sure to check also that the stabilizer you are using is not too small in capacity compared to the load apply on it. Example Using an 800watt stabilizer with a 4kva Gen to power a 2hp AC. you will also joyfully damage the stabilizer. and maybe if you're not lucky ruin your appliance(s).

1 Like

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by Wartsnigeria: 2:18pm On Dec 23, 2020
Your stabilizer is the cause, disconnect them when running on generator except you have a lister gen or anything above 10kva
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by Wartsnigeria: 2:19pm On Dec 23, 2020
fashrola:

Using a Stabilizer with a generator is unnecessary... Because lot of generator output generates clean voltage unlike our NEPA light that keeps fluctuating

And also Stabilizer should not be higher than the Generator in terms of its Kva. example Don't use a 5,000watt Stabilizer on a 2kva Gen. You will ruin the Generator

Finally, Be sure to check also that the stabilizer you are using is not too small in capacity compared to the load apply on it. Example Using an 800watt stabilizer with a 4kva Gen to power a 2hp AC. you will also joyfully damage the stabilizer. and maybe if you're not lucky ruin your appliance(s).

No need to go back and fourt, you said it already. The stabilizer is the problem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Activate Airtel Double Data Offer <<read More>> / How To Stop Whatsapp From Connecting To The Internet All The Time / Lady's Infinix Hot 4 Explodes In Her Pocket, Causes Burns On Her Leg. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.