Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened (72089 Views)

Man Finally Caught The Person Who Made Nasty Comment On His Photo, This Happened / After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# / Help! Infinix Note 4 Heats Up Easily With 3G Network Switched On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 23, 2020
I am guessing the stabilizer wasn't meant to be us d with the generator
There was probably a power fuse in the stabilizer as a result of the generator
Sorry about your experience
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by Seyzcham91(m): 1:26pm On Dec 23, 2020
you got it!
lovecares34:
You are not supposed to connect your freezer to a stabilizer while your Gen is on. That was the mistake u made. Next time, plug the freezer directly and not through a stabilizer.

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by Chiprince007(m): 1:26pm On Dec 23, 2020
Raycelove:
I'm greatfull it was only the chargers that got burnt

Hahahaha
This happened to me a few weeks back. I lost 3 chargers including the one for my system.

Moral Lesson: Never use your stabilizer with your Gen

2 Likes

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by BlackfireX: 1:26pm On Dec 23, 2020
Your village people have finally return all the fire..fire ..fire you always send to them..

I like village people grin
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by Tenshades(m): 1:27pm On Dec 23, 2020
Lesson learnt.
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by ademi87(m): 1:27pm On Dec 23, 2020
Raycelove:
We on our generator to freeze the items kept in the freezer, we connected stabilizer with the freezer, this was our first time of connecting stab with freezer.

So the hell mistake I made was removing my phone from the original charger and charging it with an infinix fast charger, after plugging the phone , the generator level went high and the fast charger got burnt the original charger, my sister laptop charger got burnt , bulbs got burnt.

We were lucky not to on our televisions and other valuables. We off the gen and on it again without the freezer on and the sound and motion went back to normal.

So what caused the change in level of the generator and what led to the damages of laptop charger, bulbs and chargers??
una get plenty rice ooo make I come collect small?

1 Like

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 23, 2020
doggedfighter:
That Amazon charger there is trash .

Send that bag of rice here. I want to check something.

You mean the palliatives grin
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by Sheriman(m): 1:28pm On Dec 23, 2020
MyGeneration:
Support Nigeria Niger republic unity now.

We need to Merge into one country for a better Nigeria and Africa
Merging another wahaala with already big wahaala on ground
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 23, 2020
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by ChiefSosa(m): 1:29pm On Dec 23, 2020
"IF YOU HAD GIVEN YOUR LIFE TO JESUS, THIS WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED" Righteousness89
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by herrlekan(m): 1:29pm On Dec 23, 2020
westlius:

Oil dey ur head
Let me explain something here
We use stabilizers for Nepa because most of there lights are either below or above 220mw and most electronics we have works well when on 220mw
Our generators are set already on 220mw, so no need to stabilise the current because its already stabilized by the gen

I believe it is typo error, it is 220v and not 220mw.

4 Likes

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by femicyrus(m): 1:29pm On Dec 23, 2020
I blame buhari
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 23, 2020
Raycelove:
We on our generator to freeze the items kept in the freezer, we connected stabilizer with the freezer, this was our first time of connecting stab with freezer.

So the hell mistake I made was removing my phone from the original charger and charging it with an infinix fast charger, after plugging the phone , the generator level went high and the fast charger got burnt the original charger, my sister laptop charger got burnt , bulbs got burnt.

We were lucky not to on our televisions and other valuables. We off the gen and on it again without the freezer on and the sound and motion went back to normal.

So what caused the change in level of the generator and what led to the damages of laptop charger, bulbs and chargers??
Na all those tiger gen abi, you never Sabi anything
For our hostel last year, after we on gen, na all of our charger burn, like 12 phone chargers and 4 laptop chargers

1 Like

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by Innobee99(m): 1:30pm On Dec 23, 2020
My only concern is the bag of rice there. If u like burn ur toilet

1 Like

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by sleekman(m): 1:31pm On Dec 23, 2020
Your freezer is bad or about to. Your compressor caused your problem and not your chargers. Get ready to change your compressor. A word of advice, never use your stabilisers with your gen sets
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by doggedfighter(f): 1:32pm On Dec 23, 2020
Atlas9:

You mean the palliatives grin
Exactly, that was the only thing that caught my eyes grin grin grin grin
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by Kazim88: 1:32pm On Dec 23, 2020
westlius:

Oil dey ur head
Let me explain something here
We use stabilizers for Nepa because most of there lights are either below or above 220mw and most electronics we have works well when on 220mw
Our generators are set already on 220mw, so no need to stabilise the current because its already stabilized by the gen

220V not 220mw

1 Like

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by 234dm8: 1:33pm On Dec 23, 2020
doggedfighter:

That amazon charger damaged two of my iPhones.
The tristar or U2 IC on the mother board were damaged.
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by peacebirdone: 1:33pm On Dec 23, 2020
More information needed!

Most likely the circuit board acted like a shunt; you can use a multimeter to check this by setting it to resistance mode and checking for no resistance between pins of the charger.

So questions are: did you connect the charger after the generator was on or after? Did the generator sound different at the first instance?
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by ibuildstuff(m): 1:34pm On Dec 23, 2020
Raycelove:

Who plug stabilizer to generator?
Are u alright at all, why will u use stabilizer on generator that's already producing stable voltage and current.
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by joey150(m): 1:35pm On Dec 23, 2020
Chiprince007:

Hahahaha
This happened to me a few weeks back. I lost 3 chargers including the one for my system.

Moral Lesson: Never use your stabilizer with your Gen

Give a reason? A valid electrical reason why you cannot use your stabilizer and generator?

I've used mine for five years now, not one problem.
You can argue that it is redundant, but I'll like to know why you think it spoils anything.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by frowland(m): 1:35pm On Dec 23, 2020
Raycelove:

Your AVR is bad.

2 Likes

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by femi4: 1:36pm On Dec 23, 2020
Unfortunately, from page 1 to page 2, useless theory.

OP should get a good generator. If you are using a generator other than the "I pass my neighbor", it's voltage doesn't fluctuates either on load or no load. No problem with using stab with your refrigerator

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by WiszyFraud: 1:37pm On Dec 23, 2020

1 Like

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by rowosky(m): 1:37pm On Dec 23, 2020
lovecares34:
You are not supposed to connect your freezer to a stabilizer while your Gen is on. That was the mistake u made. Next time, plug the freezer directly and not through a stabilizer.

Lmao
And you got 26 likes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 23, 2020
How will you connect stabilizer on generator?
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by Zino1011(m): 1:38pm On Dec 23, 2020
doggedfighter:

You harsh
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by snoopanddre(m): 1:41pm On Dec 23, 2020
EXLOVER:
I have use generator for 15years, that incident was caused by the charger, they are some fake charger you plug to an extension there will be a bridge of current between the extension and the charger, immediately you plug the charger the Gen will be jerking like a girl that wants to cum, just troway that charger, another that causes that is when NEPA and gen collide. But nothing will happen to your Gen.
Hatred for the infinix product ( charger) is so evident here. If not, Who is a charger to cause the whole of that to a big gen. no matter how fake. Though we all know products like an iPhone, Samsung, Hauwaei etc are of higher standard. Lol wetin Infinix and co no go hear for where problem happen.
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by Drsnives(m): 1:42pm On Dec 23, 2020
You won show us weh never buy rice say you Don buy one bag down. Issorite God no go shame us

1 Like

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by ibuildstuff(m): 1:42pm On Dec 23, 2020
joey150:

Give a reason? A valid electrical reason why you cannot use your stabilizer and generator?

I've used mine for five years now, not one problem.
You can argue that it is redundant, but I'll like to know why you think it spoils anything.
Stabilizer consume more power, let's just say ur generator is powerful enough for the stabilizer u are using, but on a serious note, u are stressing ur generator.

a stabilizer would damage a smaller not so powerful generator.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Activate Airtel Double Data Offer <<read More>> / How To Stop Whatsapp From Connecting To The Internet All The Time / Lady's Infinix Hot 4 Explodes In Her Pocket, Causes Burns On Her Leg. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.