Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened (71997 Views)

Man Finally Caught The Person Who Made Nasty Comment On His Photo, This Happened / After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# / Help! Infinix Note 4 Heats Up Easily With 3G Network Switched On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by SPLENDID25(m): 3:19pm On Dec 23, 2020
sleekman:
A word of advice, never use your stabilisers with your gen sets
WHY?
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by Olam09(m): 3:20pm On Dec 23, 2020
Raycelove:
We on our generator to freeze the items kept in the freezer, we connected stabilizer with the freezer, this was our first time of connecting stab with freezer.

So the hell mistake I made was removing my phone from the original charger and charging it with an infinix fast charger, after plugging the phone , the generator level went high and the fast charger got burnt the original charger, my sister laptop charger got burnt , bulbs got burnt.

We were lucky not to on our televisions and other valuables. We off the gen and on it again without the freezer on and the sound and motion went back to normal.

So what caused the change in level of the generator and what led to the damages of laptop charger, bulbs and chargers??
My original laptop charger got burnt recently but i couldn't figure out what happened.
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by olanrewaju99(m): 3:21pm On Dec 23, 2020
Using generator with stabilizer is a bad combination both uses coil.
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by logic102(m): 3:21pm On Dec 23, 2020
openmine:

A generator source cant work properly without an AVR

Some use capacitor not all gen uses avr cheesy
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by sammysmiles(m): 3:21pm On Dec 23, 2020
femi4:
Don't mind them, no scientific explanation
Something I use together in my house here together .... Jxt saying what they don't know..... It's only electric pressing iron we plug directly into socket whether Gen or Nepa
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by SPLENDID25(m): 3:23pm On Dec 23, 2020
joey150:

Give a reason? A valid electrical reason why you cannot use your stabilizer and generator?

I've used mine for five years now, not one problem.
You can argue that it is redundant, but I'll like to know why you think it spoils anything.
DON'T MAKE IT SEEM LIKE AN ARGUMENT. JUST SIT AND LET EM SCHOOL YOU. I BET MOST PEOPLE DON'T KNOW THE MEANING OF THE WORD "STABILIZER".
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by AdeniyiA(m): 3:24pm On Dec 23, 2020
Raycelove:
I'm finding money for charger at the moment . I'm using one of my charger but it's not fast.

Change the USB cord to original one, it's not d charger problem.
It's 1k+
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by SPLENDID25(m): 3:25pm On Dec 23, 2020
femi4:
Unfortunately, from page 1 to page 2, useless theory.

OP should get a good generator. If you are using a generator other than the "I pass my neighbor", it's voltage doesn't fluctuates either on load or no load. No problem with using stab with your refrigerator
NO SIR!
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by ghettochild(m): 3:25pm On Dec 23, 2020
It depends on the power of the generator..
Ur stabilizer has a coil inside.... So it not advisable to on it if u dont have a powerful gen
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by ibuildstuff(m): 3:25pm On Dec 23, 2020
symbianDON:
based on what electrical principle exactly?? all these people up there saying, 'don't use stabilizers with generator', actually sound ridiculous! your stabilizer is simply an electrical device that steps up or steps down electrical voltage so as to protect your appliances from damage. stabilizers themselves DON'T consume electricity. if your generator is good and your stabilizer is good absolutely NOTHING will happen if used together.
The fact that u said stabilizer step up or step down electrical voltage, and that they don't consume any electricity shows u have absolutely no idea what u are talking about.

Stabilizer give out a steady voltage output with the aid of voltage regulator. Stabilizer does not step up or step down voltage, it's transformer that does that.

Secondly, all electrical appliance consume electricity, all must pose a form of resistance no Matter how small the resistance is.

There's not electrical appliance that doesn't consume electricity.

1 Like

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by SPLENDID25(m): 3:26pm On Dec 23, 2020
ibuildstuff:

Stabilizer consume more power, let's just say ur generator is powerful enough for the stabilizer u are using, but on a serious note, u are stressing ur generator.

a stabilizer would damage a smaller not so powerful generator.
LMAO
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by femi4: 3:27pm On Dec 23, 2020
sammysmiles:
Something I use together in my house here together .... Jxt saying what they don't know..... It's only electric pressing iron we plug directly into socket whether Gen or Nepa
same here. When you have a good Gen, power fluctuations is the least of your problem

1 Like

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by SPLENDID25(m): 3:29pm On Dec 23, 2020
symbianDON:
based on what electrical principle exactly?? all these people up there saying, 'don't use stabilizers with generator', actually sound ridiculous! your stabilizer is simply an electrical device that steps up or steps down electrical voltage so as to protect your appliances from damage. stabilizers themselves DON'T consume electricity. if your generator is good and your stabilizer is good absolutely NOTHING will happen if used together.
SIR! YOU DESERVE A HAND SHAKE, ARE YOU AN ENGINEER? ORIGINAL ONE OH, NOT ROADSIDE ONE.

1 Like

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by ibuildstuff(m): 3:30pm On Dec 23, 2020
SPLENDID25:
LMAO
Is that all u have to say
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by ibuildstuff(m): 3:34pm On Dec 23, 2020
SPLENDID25:
SIR! YOU DESERVE A HAND SHAKE, ARE YOU AN ENGINEER? ORIGINAL ONE OH, NOT ROADSIDE ONE.
Guy no electrical engineer will tell u that stabilizer step up or step down voltage. Of stabilizer do that, then what is the function of a transformer.

He also said stabilizer doesn't consume electricity, every electrical appliance consume electricity, even a conductive cable has resistance.

Saying stabilizer doesn't consume electricity is actually very dumb.

1 Like

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by karkinase(m): 3:34pm On Dec 23, 2020
lovecares34:
You are not supposed to connect your freezer to a stabilizer while your Gen is on. That was the mistake u made. Next time, plug the freezer directly and not through a stabilizer.

I recall connecting my stabilizer to my fridge wen my Gen is on..n immediately the Gen will just go off.. I later realized it was the stabilizer which was connected.
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by Psoul(m): 3:36pm On Dec 23, 2020
EXLOVER:
I have use generator for 15years, that incident was caused by the charger, they are some fake charger you plug to an extension there will be a bridge of current between the extension and the charger, immediately you plug the charger the Gen will be jerking like a girl that wants to cum, just troway that charger, another that causes that is when NEPA and gen collide. But nothing will happen to your Gen.

Please can Generator current and that from NEPA collide. Will the house be wired without Change-Over box?
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by AFONJACOW(m): 3:39pm On Dec 23, 2020
Raycelove:

You mean the palliative rice. grin
You are rich judging from the way you speak .pls could you assist me in buying the chargers?
and do I look like Santa Cruz
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by apollo13(m): 3:39pm On Dec 23, 2020
You are not supposed to put on your gen while you stabilizer is connected to a deep freezer. You are damaging the coil of the generator.
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by blackmantis: 3:41pm On Dec 23, 2020
Plenty Kamoru's here with their strange postulations.
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by Psoul(m): 3:42pm On Dec 23, 2020
lovecares34:
You are not supposed to connect your freezer to a stabilizer while your Gen is on. That was the mistake u made. Next time, plug the freezer directly and not through a stabilizer.

You are wrong. Connecting stabilizer to generator has no adverse effect on generator so long as the capacity of the stabilizer does not surpass that of the generator.

The stabilizer will even help to supply steady current to the appliance connected through it.

1 Like

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by SPLENDID25(m): 3:45pm On Dec 23, 2020
ibuildstuff:

Guy no electrical engineer will tell u that stabilizer step up or step down voltage. Of stabilizer do that, then what is the function of a transformer.

He also said stabilizer doesn't consume electricity, every electrical appliance consume electricity, even a conductive cable has resistance.

Saying stabilizer doesn't consume electricity is actually very dumb.
AND A STABILIZER DOESN'T HAVE A TRANSFORMER INSIDE IT? ogah gens are of types. some use capacitors while some use AVRs(this practically has the same function as a stabilizer). if you are using the later, connecting a stabilizer will be unnecessary(not because it'll damage it). now get this, a stabilizer wasn't the cause of what happened above(regardless of generator type).
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by SPLENDID25(m): 3:46pm On Dec 23, 2020
olanrewaju99:
Using generator with stabilizer is a bad combination both uses coil.
SO NEPA NO DEY USE COIL?
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by blackmantis: 3:48pm On Dec 23, 2020
SPLENDID25:
SO NEPA NO DEY USE COIL?

lol grin grin grin
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by SATANNIST: 3:51pm On Dec 23, 2020
why do u fuckers like saying this happened. Bleep u
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by pjc(m): 3:52pm On Dec 23, 2020
westlius:

Oil dey ur head
Let me explain something here
We use stabilizers for Nepa because most of there lights are either below or above 220mw and most electronics we have works well when on 220mw
Our generators are set already on 220mw, so no need to stabilise the current because its already stabilized by the gen
This is absolutely not true. Stabilisers cab be connected to generators and nothing will happen so long as the generator KVA is more than that of the stabiliser. Mistakes most people make is to use a 2kva stabiliser on a 2kva or 1.5kva generator. I use a 7.5kva a gen and my 5kva stabiliser is connected to steady on it.

It's 220v bytheway, not 220mw

1 Like

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by SATANNIST: 3:53pm On Dec 23, 2020
stop disturbing us with i pass my neighbour
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by SPLENDID25(m): 3:53pm On Dec 23, 2020
Psoul:

You are wrong. Connecting stabilizer to generator has no adverse effect on generator so long as the capacity of the stabilizer does not surpass that of the generator.

The stabilizer will even help to supply steady current to the appliance connected through it.
voltage please...abi na lay man language you dey use to make am understand ne?lol
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by Psoul(m): 3:55pm On Dec 23, 2020
SPLENDID25:
voltage please...abi na lay man language you dey use to make am understand ne?lol

Hahahahahha....you know we are not on technical platform. We try to communicate wt terminology that all will grab.
All the same thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by linearity: 3:58pm On Dec 23, 2020
lovecares34:

The first part is correct, but the stabilizer was not the cause, most likely a fake charger that bridged the current.

Stabilizer stabilizes and smooth out power fluctuations, you need it mainly on NEPA because the power might be too low or too high, the stabilizer ensures that your load gets a smooth output despite the un-smooth NEPA input.

Putting a stabilizer on a Generator with an AVR is an over kill and a waste, because the input from Gen is already smooth. It will not cause any harm, it is just not necessary.

Also, the above is only applicable to Generators that have inbuilt AVR - Automatic Voltage Regulator. If yours Gen does not have an AVR, then it is required that you use a stabilizer to ensure your loads are protected.

1 Like

Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by Grace001: 3:59pm On Dec 23, 2020
Don’t use your stabilizer with generator, because a generator already comes with an AVR
Re: I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened by Tapout(m): 4:13pm On Dec 23, 2020
westlius:

Oil dey ur head
Let me explain something here
We use stabilizers for Nepa because most of there lights are either below or above 220mw and most electronics we have works well when on 220mw
Our generators are set already on 220mw, so no need to stabilise the current because its already stabilized by the gen

but at home, we use our stabilizer while on Generator and have never experienced any issue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Activate Airtel Double Data Offer <<read More>> / How To Stop Whatsapp From Connecting To The Internet All The Time / Lady's Infinix Hot 4 Explodes In Her Pocket, Causes Burns On Her Leg. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.