Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,057 members, 7,835,574 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom (7205 Views)

Tinubu Demands Apology From Saraki, Dogara On National Dailies - Vanguard / AIT Replies Tinubu, Demands N100bn Damage / Tinubu Demands Oil Wells/Ministerial Slots From Buhari - National Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by BabaTony: 4:25pm On Mar 30, 2011
@jas_o , the best answer for a FOOL , which you are a very BIG one is SILENCE, continue ranting like a MAD DOG! cheesy
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by AljUche: 4:29pm On Mar 30, 2011
aribisala0:

i do not know why you must insist efiks are ibo. absurd. do not forget edo and delta wanted out of western nigeria  because they felt stifled. no argument no drama.mid-western region was  created.
now you are saying isaac boro and diete-spiff are igbo. na waa o
aribisala0:

i think this is your wish rather than reality.
i am yoruba and grew up in port harcourt i do not recognize this igbo spoken fluently throughout. otherwise i would be an igbo speaker(my yoruba is quite poor). it is impossible to grow up in ibadan,enugu, kano and not understand the local language. the port harcourt i know has pidgin english as its lingua franca.some people might want port harcourt as an igbo colony but the inhabitants have a different idea. it is this kind of attitude that fuelled the abandoned property crisis in port harcourt. many of my rivers friends cannot speak their languages(kalabari,kolokuma,ogoni etc) never mind igbo. stop this propaganda

gbammm
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by aribisala0(m): 4:59pm On Mar 30, 2011
odumchi:

Alhaji, I think
It's best you stay out of this. This is Eastern Nigeria not the North or West where anything can happen by the order of an imam or etc. You guys must remember that there are still 3 distinct zones in Nigeria and old wounds haven't yet healed. ACN, will never and has never been accepted un the Eastern region of Nigeria ie: Niger, Bayelsa, Abia, IMO, Delta, Rivers, Anambra, Enugu, Cross River.
It is said that he who ventures into the den of a sleeping lion shall also sleep on the beasts belly. And another thing is STOP with the useless Igbo phrases you bring up every now and then because as far as I know, you aren't an easterner.

Good day.
just a little correction sir. i too went to school . i remember that  nigeria was formed of  three regions at independence. the western region gave birth to what was the mid-western region later renamed BEN-DEL state. bendel state was the precursor of delta state. please explain to us how delta is part of eastern nigeria.
i am sure you will do the gentlemanly thing and reverse yourself on this one.
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by EzeUche(m): 5:04pm On Mar 30, 2011
aribisala0:

i am yoruba and grew up in port harcourt i do not recognize this igbo spoken fluently throughout. otherwise i would be an igbo speaker(my yoruba is quite poor). it is impossible to grow up in  ibadan,enugu, kano and not understand the local language. the port harcourt i know has pidgin english as its lingua franca.some people might want port harcourt as an igbo colony but the inhabitants have a different idea. it is this kind of attitude that fuelled the abandoned property crisis in port harcourt. many of my rivers friends cannot speak their languages(kalabari,kolokuma,ogoni etc) never mind  igbo. stop this propaganda

I grew up in Port Harcourt as well and Igbo or a variant of Igbo is widely spoken. My Ikwerre friends would speak in their dialect and I would understand. Even though Pidgin English is spoken widely in Iguocha (Port Harcourt), the majority of the population speaks Igbo. Even the riverine Ijaw, Ibibio and some Ogoni speak Igbo as well.

Igbo is the lingua franca in the East so do not lie here. And remember the Ikwerre are a sub-group of the wider Igbo just like the Ekpeye.
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by aribisala0(m): 5:48pm On Mar 30, 2011
EzeUche:

I grew up in Port Harcourt as well and Igbo or a variant of Igbo is widely spoken. My Ikwerre friends would speak in their dialect and I would understand. Even though Pidgin English is spoken widely in Iguocha (Port Harcourt), the majority of the population speaks Igbo. Even the riverine Ijaw, Ibibio and some Ogoni speak Igbo as well.

Igbo is the lingua franca in the East so do not lie here. And remember the Ikwerre are a sub-group of the wider Igbo just like the Ekpeye.

sir i have read your profile if it is up to date it says you are  23years old . i am almost twice your age and think it is quite discourteous to accuse me of lying. i hate to say things like this but i find some igbo people quite aggressive and rude. i believe we can disagree in a civil way. i have no reason to lie. when you say igbo is widely spoken in port harcourt this is true. igbo is widely spoken not just in port harcourt but in nigeria. it is quite a leap however to say igbo is the lingua franca of port harcourt just as one would not say igbo is the lingua franca of nigeria there is a difference between widely spoken and lingua franca,maybe this is the source of confusion i don't know. even in lagos my home state. we the indigenes are in a minority and igbo is widely spoken but it is not the lingua franca.the other point you make about a variant of igbo is one that is disputed by many. certainly ikwerres deny being igbo as do several etche and ekpeye etc. but the fact is when i was in port harcourt the original owners were a minority and there were several other ethnic groups in port harcourt. i lived in port harcourt for 25 years and not once did anyone address me in the street in igbo,never. the first language anyone would address you in the street with is english or pidgin.travel an hour up the road to aba and you will know you are in a city where igbo is the lingua franca it is a very clear difference many of my ikwerre friends could not even speak ikwerre. one thing i know is many ikwerres resent this attempt at igbo colonisation. the fact that a people speak your language does not make them one of you. i do not accept that as a fact ,by the way. i am not an englishman.
a few examples;
few people in scotland  with a   population of 5 million can speak gaelic but never make the mistake of calling a scotsman an englishman.
in northern nigeria hausa is a lingua franca but fewer than a third are hausa very few fulanis can still speak fulani today.
in life if you don't know find out .it is not my intention to change your mind but to express mine a neutral person will learn from both of us.
best wishes
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by odumchi: 2:23am On Mar 31, 2011
aribisala0:

i am yoruba and grew up in port harcourt i do not recognize this igbo spoken fluently throughout. otherwise i would be an igbo speaker(my yoruba is quite poor). it is impossible to grow up in  ibadan,enugu, kano and not understand the local language. the port harcourt i know has pidgin english as its lingua franca.some people might want port harcourt as an igbo colony but the inhabitants have a different idea. it is this kind of attitude that fuelled the abandoned property crisis in port harcourt. many of my rivers friends cannot speak their languages(kalabari,kolokuma,ogoni etc) never mind  igbo. stop this propaganda

Please do not utter such false statements. FYI I stayed in the various parts of Portharcourt recently and there was widespread Igbo. Infact Igbo was the pidgin of the area spoken by both Igbos and non-Igbos alike. Another point, isn't the governor of rivers state Amaechi? Amaechi is Igbo for who knows tomorrows. And another point is, pidgin is not the lingua Franca of the east, rather Igbo is. Ibibios, Efiks, annanhs, Calabari, Ijaw and etc speak fluent Igbo and we Igbos in exchange can understand their languages.

Pidgin is mainly the lingua Franca of the WEST particularly Lagos. This is so because many ethnic groups from all over Nigeria, reside in Lagos, so pidgin is used. Even the Hausa gold traders in PH speak some Igbo. And I am not claiming Any propaganda. I am speaking the truth for all to hear.
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by AljUche: 2:33am On Mar 31, 2011
odumchi:

Please do not utter such false statements. FYI I stayed in the various parts of Portharcourt recently and there was widespread Igbo. Infact Igbo was the pidgin of the area spoken by both Igbos and non-Igbos alike. Another point, isn't the governor of rivers state Amaechi? Amaechi is Igbo for who knows tomorrows. And another point is, pidgin is not the lingua Franca of the east, rather Igbo is. Ibibios, Efiks, annanhs, Calabari, Ijaw and etc speak fluent Igbo and we Igbos in exchange can understand their languages.

Pidgin is mainly the lingua Franca of the WEST particularly Lagos. This is so because many ethnic groups from all over Nigeria, reside in Lagos, so pidgin is used. Even the Hausa gold traders in PH speak some Igbo. And I am not claiming Any propaganda. I am speaking the truth for all to hear.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

i am in port harcount right now u know shocked shocked

u lier
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by odumchi: 3:07am On Mar 31, 2011
@ Alj Uche I Take it that you must be one of Alj Harems accounts. But in your other account younsaid you were in Anambra and Now in Rivers? Use common sense before playing foolish tricks my friend. I take it that soon your cow meat will be exhausted and you'll have to venture back to Sokoto abi? Mcheew
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by AljUche: 3:09am On Mar 31, 2011
odumchi:

@ Alj Uche I Take it that you must be one of Alj Harems accounts. But in your other account younsaid you were in Anambra and Now in Rivers? Use common sense before playing foolish tricks my friend. I take it that soon your cow meat will be exhausted and you'll have to venture back to Sokoto abi? Mcheew

guy my job demands me traveling to certain states of the country

and right now i am in rivers

next lagos
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by aribisala0(m): 3:53am On Mar 31, 2011
odumchi:

Please do not utter such false statements. FYI I stayed in the various parts of Portharcourt recently and there was widespread Igbo. Infact Igbo was the pidgin of the area spoken by both Igbos and non-Igbos alike. Another point, isn't the governor of rivers state Amaechi?  Amaechi is Igbo for who knows tomorrows. And another point is, pidgin is not the lingua Franca of the east, rather Igbo is. Ibibios, Efiks, annanhs, Calabari, Ijaw and etc speak fluent Igbo and we Igbos in exchange can understand their languages.

ok sir you could be right i left nigeria about ten years ago maybe port harcourt has changed since then and igbo is now widespread in port harcourt i am sure others will confirm this. however i did not say pidgin is the lingua franca of the east. i limited my self to port harcourt where i lived for 5 years. i also did say igbo is the lingua franca of aba which i am quite familiar with.

regards
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by Rhino5dm: 5:17am On Mar 31, 2011
Yet again. you must be obganje to be growing up around the world.

you must also grow up in China grin grin grin

EzeUche:

Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by HTML5: 10:18am On Mar 31, 2011
EzeUche:

I don't know what you know about the igbos, but you have to understand that the above mentioned tribes are not and will never have any affiliation with the igbos.

The so-called riverine Ijaw, Ikwere, and Ogoni started speaking Igbo when the igbos started being so powerful around the 60s-70s. The period Ojukwu started agitating for Biafra. The Igbos were so powerful that Ojukwu thought he can create a Nation out of the eastern Nigeria through sectional power.

Know that a sane Ibibio man will never speak Igbo as his/her common language, an Ibibio man who've never been to Igbo land will not understand Igbo language. The Ibibios single-handedly lead to the fall of Biafra - from the fall of Port-Harcourt and Enugu, the Ibibios opened Oron and Calabar for the Nigerian Army sub-marines to penetrate and the rest was history.

If you need more on their origin, as and I will give you a low down, The Efiks are Ibibios.
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by Rhino5dm: 10:41am On Mar 31, 2011
I was actually enjoying your comment until the bolded.

Sub-what?? dude the highest naval power in Nigeria is a fvcking unrealiable class frigate.

I wish.

HTML5:

I don't know what you know about the igbos, but you have to understand that the above mentioned tribes are not and will never have any affiliation with the igbos.

The so-called riverine Ijaw, Ikwere, and Ogoni started speaking Igbo when the igbos started being so powerful around the 60s-70s. The period Ojukwu started agitating for Biafra. The Igbos were so powerful that Ojukwu thought he can create a Nation out of the eastern Nigeria through sectional power.

Know that a sane Ibibio man will never speak Igbo as his/her common language, an Ibibio man who've never been to Igbo land will not understand Igbo language. The Ibibios single-handedly lead to the fall of Biafra - from the fall of Port-Harcourt and Enugu, the Ibibios opened Oron and Calabar for the Nigerian Army sub-marines to penetrate and the rest was history.

If you need more on their origin, as and I will give you a low down, The Efiks are Ibibios.
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by odumchi: 1:00am On Apr 01, 2011
HTML5:

I cannot believe what I'm seeing. Do you know of Arochukwu? Arochukwu is an Igbo kingdom founded in 1630 that conquered much of eastern Nigeria. Arochukwu was founded by 2 igbo and 1 Ibibios prince that spoke fluent Igbo. This shoews the mediocrity in your argument. In Arochukwu at that time, a common Igbo man would have spoken many languages namely: Igbo, Calabari, Efik, and especially Ibibio. The same Is also the case today.

In modern day Arochukwu, and all around the East, Igbo is spoken in conjunction with other languages. My relatives and I speak Igbo and also understand a bit if Efik, Calabari, and Ibibio. So do not try to bring up any BS.

And if you say the Efiks are Ibibios I want you to get your silly behind down here to the East and tell an Efik man that he's Ibibio, and you will see the result. Mcheew. Abet if you no nothing about east make you no open your mouth and yap nonsense.
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by viceb: 2:40am On Apr 01, 2011
He has no moral ground to ask for dat. Tinubu is heartless.
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by EPOMA(m): 7:18am On Apr 01, 2011
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]THIS ANIMAL CALLED GODWILLS AKPABIO ANIMAL HAVE BRIDE THE STATE COMMISSIONER OF POLICE AND CHEIF JUDGE TO HOLD HIS OPPONENT TILL AFTER THE ELECTION. IS NIGERIA RELY A BANANA STATE. GOODLUCK HAS NO VALUES IF NOT THINGS LIKE THIS WOULD NOT BE HAPPENNING. RIGHT IN OUR FACES ALL THIS IS GOING ON. IF CARE IS NOT TAKEN IN NIGERIA , THERE WILL BE A TOTAL BREAKDOWN, AM SEEING IT COMING WHILE PEOPLE ARE BUSY SUPPORTING DUMB HEADS[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][b][b][/b][/b]
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by aribisala0(m): 5:14pm On Apr 02, 2011
odumchi:

Alhaji, I think
It's best you stay out of this. This is Eastern Nigeria not the North or West where anything can happen by the order of an imam or etc. You guys must remember that there are still 3 distinct zones in Nigeria and old wounds haven't yet healed. ACN, will never and has never been accepted un the Eastern region of Nigeria ie: Niger, Bayelsa, Abia, IMO, Delta, Rivers, Anambra, Enugu, Cross River.
It is said that he who ventures into the den of a sleeping lion shall also sleep on the beasts belly. And another thing is STOP with the useless Igbo phrases you bring up every now and then because as far as I know, you aren't an easterner.

Good day.
sir please be a gentleman and admit your error.

delta state was never part of the Eastern region
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by AljUche: 5:35pm On Apr 02, 2011
aribisala0:

sir please be a gentleman and admit your error.

delta state was never part of the Eastern region

do not waste your time brother

people like them do not like the voice of reasoning
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by opalu: 5:48pm On Apr 02, 2011
EPOMA:

[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]THIS ANIMAL CALLED GODWILLS AKPABIO ANIMAL HAVE BRIDE THE STATE COMMISSIONER OF POLICE AND CHEIF JUDGE TO HOLD HIS OPPONENT TILL AFTER THE ELECTION. IS NIGERIA RELY A BANANA STATE. GOODLUCK HAS NO VALUES IF NOT THINGS LIKE THIS WOULD NOT BE HAPPENNING. RIGHT IN OUR FACES ALL THIS IS GOING ON. IF CARE IS NOT TAKEN IN NIGERIA , THERE WILL BE A TOTAL BREAKDOWN, AM SEEING IT COMING WHILE PEOPLE ARE BUSY SUPPORTING DUMB HEADS[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][b][b][/b][/b]

THIS ANIMAL CALLED GODWILLS AKPABIO ANIMAL HAVE BRIDE THE STATE COMMISSIONER OF POLICE AND CHEIF JUDGE TO HOLD HIS OPPONENT TILL AFTER THE ELECTION. IS NIGERIA RELY A BANANA STATE. GOODLUCK HAS NO VALUES IF NOT THINGS LIKE THIS WOULD NOT BE HAPPENNING. RIGHT IN OUR FACES ALL THIS IS GOING ON. IF CARE IS NOT TAKEN IN NIGERIA , THERE WILL BE A TOTAL BREAKDOWN, AM SEEING IT COMING WHILE PEOPLE ARE BUSY SUPPORTING DUMB HEADS

Corrected
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by opalu: 5:52pm On Apr 02, 2011
THE NEMESIS OF SEN JOHN AKPAN UDOEDEHE THAT IS CATCHING THE NATION.
WHY LOCK UP A MAN WHOSE SUPPORTERS CLASH WITH THE SUPPORTERS OF HIS OPPENENT SATANSWILL ABI GODSWILL AKPABIO

WE ALL JUST FOLD OUR HANDS AND THINK ALL IS WELL

pity 9ja. no natural disasters but character disasters
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by hollandis(f): 4:25pm On May 15, 2011
Who the hell is Tinubu?He is neither a Public office holder nor the party's chairman.He should shut the hell up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria's Most Corrupt Leaders (dead/alive) According To CNN / Buhari Should Keep Quiet – Pat Utomi / Apc People Won't Like This Picture Of Donald Trump And Yemi Osinbajo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.