Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom (7209 Views)

Tinubu Demands Apology From Saraki, Dogara On National Dailies - Vanguard / AIT Replies Tinubu, Demands N100bn Damage / Tinubu Demands Oil Wells/Ministerial Slots From Buhari - National Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by ektbear: 8:03pm On Mar 28, 2011
Heh.

Funny thing is that these days, the vast majority of voices that shout "East" is Igbos. Very rarely will you hear an Ibibio or Efik demonstrate any interest. Largely moved on to other things.

Anyway, we shall see how the people of Akwa Ibom decide over the next few weeks.
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by Onlytruth(m): 8:11pm On Mar 28, 2011
Posted by: ekt_bear

Heh.

[b]Funny thing is that these days, the vast majority of voices that shout "East" is Igbos. [/b]Very rarely will you hear an Ibibio or Efik demonstrate any interest. Largely moved on to other things.

Anyway, we shall see how the people of Akwa Ibom decide over the next few weeks.

Here you go again with their shameless deceit. undecided

I think that what is funnier is how suddenly Buhari is now hot cake in Yoruba land after picking Bakare as his houseboy V.P.

Who shouts "North" more if not the Hausa/Fulani? Where are the Kanuri and Nupe? Why are northern candidates Fulani or Hausa?

Does GEJ stand a chance in this election if not for the support he gets from Igbos?
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by Rhino5dm: 8:25pm On Mar 28, 2011
Wetin pesin no go see for NL?? Igbos trying to claim Akwa ibom Whoteva!!!

I wonder what will happen if there is no oil in those states. grin grin grin.

So, All that much talk about PDP strong hold has been demystify. Way to go Tinubu. grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by ektbear: 8:28pm On Mar 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

Here you go again with their shameless deceit. undecided
It is pretty true, I think. Then again, I don't know how well the few Ibibio I've talked politics with in RL reflects mainstream thought. Who knows, maybe they told me what they thought I wanted to hear.

I think that what is funnier is how suddenly Buhari is now hot cake in Yoruba land after picking Bakare as his houseboy V.P.
Strategically, his move was sound. . . for somewhat obvious reasons.

Who shouts "North" more if not the Hausa/Fulani? Where are the Kanuri and Nupe? Why are northern candidates Fulani or Hausa?
Agreed; both North and Igbos are too keen on subjugating their neighbors into a nebulous "North" or a nebulous "East." If only they were more like the Yoruba, who learned from the sins they committed in the 1950s and have since repented.

Does GEJ stand a chance in this election if not for the support he gets from Igbos?
And how does an alliance between GEJ and Igbos preclude the people of Akwa Ibom from making their own independent decisions?
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by ektbear: 8:33pm On Mar 28, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

So, All that much talk about PDP strong hold has been demystify. Way to go Tinubu. grin grin grin

Indeed. Between this and the events in Benue, weakness in Delta State and other places, I'm beginning to think that their house of cards will fall.

Even if the PDP isn't kicked out of the presidency this cycle, weakening the party now means better odds going forward.
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by PhysicsMHD(m): 8:35pm On Mar 28, 2011
ekt_bear:

Agreed; both North and Igbos are too keen on subjugating their neighbors into a nebulous "North" or a nebulous "East." If only they were more like the Yoruba, who learned from the sins they committed in the 1950s and have since repented.

lol, that was a pretty slick retort.
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by Onlytruth(m): 8:39pm On Mar 28, 2011

It is pretty true, I think. Then again, I don't know how well the few Ibibio I've talked politics with in RL reflects mainstream thought. Who knows, maybe they told me what they thought I wanted to hear.
Strategically, his move was sound. . . for somewhat obvious reasons.
And how does an alliance between GEJ and Igbos preclude the people of Akwa Ibom to make their own independent decisions?

Frankly I don't really care about what ACN is doing in any part of Nigeria, provided they don't bring a "rascal" style of politics with them. There has now being a "war" in Akwa Ibom, and an ACN person caught with elections materials and register in Anambra state.
So, you see why folks in the East are apprehensive about your style of politics. undecided

Learn to live with it, the fact remains that GEJ or anyone from the Eastern minority groups does not stand a chance in Nigerian national politics without us all in the East acting together.
Igbo can even go it alone provided we get support from other majority groups -which is very possible if we REALLY demand it. So, like I said before, their (eastern minority) plights have been because they listened to your type and northerners who deceive them.

Nuff said.  cool

The Yoruba NEVER voted for anyone than themselves since Nigeria began. Supporting GEJ would have you shed that evil image of unrepentant tribalists. It is your call though.
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by Rhino5dm: 8:41pm On Mar 28, 2011
ekt_bear:

Indeed. Between this and the events in Benue, weakness in Delta State and other places, I'm beginning to think that their house of cards will fall.

[size=32pt]Even if the PDP isn't kicked out of the presidency this cycle, weakening the party now means better odds going forward.[/size]

Priceless! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by Onlytruth(m): 8:47pm On Mar 28, 2011
Posted by: PhysicsMHD
lol, that was a pretty slick retort.

I wouldn't say that if I were you (a western minority) considering their antecedents under the defunct western Nigeria.

Igbo say that a child whose father was killed by a water buffalo never drinks palm wine with a buffalo horn.  cool
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by ektbear: 8:53pm On Mar 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

Learn to live with it, the fact remains that GEJ or anyone from the Eastern minority groups does not stand a chance in Nigerian national politics without us all in the East acting together.
All the minorities in southern Nigeria were plopped into the SS zone. There is a rotation principle which seems to be the soul of the PDP. If this principle had been maintained, presumably the SS would have gotten a turn at the presidency.

So what crisis was there, before GEJ came along There wouldn't be a crisis if that formula had been retained, would there?

Only through tortuous logic can one manufacture a political threat to the SS.

And hell, i'm not even a PDP fan or a fan of zoning. But it makes no sense for GEJ fans/supporters to play the victim. He has brought this on himself.

The Yoruba NEVER voted for anyone than themselves since Nigeria began.
This is propoganda and bullshit. You know it, I know it. Anyway, technically speaking you are incorrect. . . at least if election results are anything to go by.

Supporting GEJ would have you shed that evil image of unrepentant tribalists. It is your call though.
There is no moral imperative for Yoruba to support Goodluck. Or for any other group, for that matter. If you like Goodluck, fine, support him. If you don't, also fine.

But attempting to take higher moral ground over a political matter like this? There is something fundamentally. . . dishonest about that.

Regarding tribalism. . . well, every group in Nigeria (or on Earth, for that matter) is tribalist.
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by PhysicsMHD(m): 8:53pm On Mar 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: PhysicsMHD
I wouldn't say that if I were you (a western minority) considering their antecedents under the defunct western Nigeria.

Igbo say that a child whose father was killed by a water buffalo never drinks palm wine with a buffalo horn.  cool

Nah, it was a pretty good comeback though. I think even you should give him a golf clap for that one.

As for the Western region, that's before my time. But I don't recall reading that one part of defunct Western Nigeria invaded and looted another part of defunct Western Nigeria, so they (Western Nigerians) probably aren't as obnoxious as they're usually credited to be.
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by Onlytruth(m): 8:56pm On Mar 28, 2011
^^

Whatever, you are free! undecided

For the record, nobody invaded another in Eastern Nigerian history. That ends my debate with you today. BYE.
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by PhysicsMHD(m): 8:58pm On Mar 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

^^

Whatever, you are free! undecided

For the record, nobody invaded another in Eastern Nigerian history. That ends my debate with you today. BYE.

Actually, the Igbos invaded Ibibioland.

Bye. wink
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by AljUche: 9:01pm On Mar 28, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Actually, the Igbos invaded Ibibioland.

Bye. wink

thank you

i was wondering if i did not know my history about eastern nigeria

physics u forgot to add how the soliders killed ijaw, ibibio, efik, ogoni etc leaders when they did not agree with oga ojukwu's policies.

pls correct me if i am wrong cool
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by EzeUche(m): 9:02pm On Mar 28, 2011
Alj Uche:

thank you

i was wondering if i did not know my history about eastern nigeria

physics u forgot to add how the soliders killed ijaw, ibibio, efik, ogoni etc leaders when they did not agree with oga ojukwu's policies.

pls correct me if i am wrong cool

He is not talking about Biafra. Look at you trying to jump on something you know nothing about.

It seems like you do not know the history of the East. He is talking about the Aro-Ibibio Wars, that occurred 300 years ago.

And who was Ojukwu's second in command? And does Eyo Ita mean anything to you?
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by ektbear: 9:02pm On Mar 28, 2011
Na wa o. Let's not derail into the civil war again  lipsrsealed
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by Onlytruth(m): 9:04pm On Mar 28, 2011

All the minorities in southern Nigeria were plopped into the SS zone. There is a rotation principle which seems to be the soul of the PDP. If this principle had been maintained, presumably the SS would have gotten a turn at the presidency.
So what crisis was there, before GEJ came along Huh There wouldn't be a crisis if that formula had been retained, would there?

Only through tortuous logic can one manufacture a political threat to the SS.

And hell, i'm not even a PDP fan or a fan of zoning. But it makes no sense for GEJ fans/supporters to play the victim. He has brought this on himself.

This is propoganda and bullshit. You know it, I know it. Anyway, technically speaking you are incorrect. . . at least if election results are anything to go by.

There is no moral imperative for Yoruba to support Goodluck. Or for any other group, for that matter. If you like Goodluck, fine, support him. If you don't, also fine.

But attempting to take higher moral ground over a political matter like this? There is something fundamentally. . . dishonest about that.

It is a fact, go through Nigerian electoral history and show me when your people voted for someone other than Yoruba either as president or vice president. It never happened. cool
Your support for Buhari now is because he picked Bakare. FULLSTOP.

I cannot educate you on why the zoning being bandied by the North is a fraud. I don't have time for that. You have to go and research that yourself. Sorry.

Bottomline is that if GEJ loses this election, there is a very good chance that NO minority from southern Nigeria will EVER become Nigerian president again; if Igbo step forward to act and behave like Yoruba, it will never happen.
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by AljUche: 9:06pm On Mar 28, 2011
EzeUche:

He is not talking about Biafra. Look at you trying to jump on something you know nothing about.

It seems like you do not know the history of the East. He is talking about the Aro-Ibibio Wars, that occurred 300 years ago.

shattap dia

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT ARO-IBIBIO WAR, I AM TALKING ABOUT HOW OJUKWU KILLED IBIBIO LEADERS THAT DID NOT SUPPORT HIS WAR DREAMS

I THINK YOU SHOULD NOT TALK OF THINGS YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT

INFACT, WHEN WERE YOU BORN FOR YOU TO KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT ?

well this is not about war but ACN ok cool
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by EzeUche(m): 9:06pm On Mar 28, 2011
I am happy for Goodluck. The Old East is uniting so let us all celebrate.  cool

Where does GEJ gets most of his support? It is in the South-East and South-South.

Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by ektbear: 9:07pm On Mar 28, 2011
Anyway, I understand the motivations of some. In this Nigeria, you must get as many allies as you can. Even if it requires you to lie and distort the history/motivations of others.

Setting up a false crisis with GEJ, and extending it to all SS groups is a pretty good tool.

It honestly cracked me up when Obasanjo went off-message and said, "Zoning is still in effect . . . we are just making an exception for GEJ, who will leave office in 2015"  grin

Goodluck must have been like, "Ix-nay on the oning-zay, dude!" grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by Onlytruth(m): 9:08pm On Mar 28, 2011
Ezeuche, just ignore PhysicsHMD, he has an agenda here. I really pity being a minority in Nigeria because your worst enemies are your fellow minority tribes. Pathetic.  cry
He is from Edo and doesn't support his fellow so called SS brother.
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by EzeUche(m): 9:12pm On Mar 28, 2011
Deleted
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by AljUche: 9:13pm On Mar 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

Ezeuche, just ignore PhysicsHMD, he has an agenda here. I really pity being a minority in Nigeria because your worst enemies are your fellow minority tribes. Pathetic.  cry

why should he support a man because he is from his zone, does that make any sense you you onlytruth

haba tour hate for Nigerians know no boundaries angry

I think you support Nazi ideas like jason123 righly said

but in your case it is igbo undecided

correct me if i am wrong
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by AljUche: 9:14pm On Mar 28, 2011
EzeUche:

Edo people live off of past glories. I am not worried with his people, because they are not my concern. As long as they do not bother the Igbo clans that border the Bini's realm, they are of no concern.

They were not part of the Old East so why should we be concerned?

there are not indigenous igbos in edo state

haba
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by Onlytruth(m): 9:17pm On Mar 28, 2011
Posted by: Alj Uche

why should he support a man because he is from his zone, does that make any sense you you onlytruth

haba tour hate for Nigerians know no boundaries Angry

I think you support Nazi ideas like jason123 righly said

but in your case it is igbo Undecided

correct me if i am wrong

Your brother Buhari is the Hitler and you are the Nazi because both of you are intolerant of Nigeria's diversity.

You shout one Nigeria but sneak Nigeria into OIC (organization of Islamic Countries). You impose sharia on Nigerians, and kill those you resist you in Jos. You committed genocide in Biafra and is planning now to use military force to crush MEND.
You think we don't know? LOL!
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by PhysicsMHD(m): 9:18pm On Mar 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

What's my agenda? Who are my "worst enemies"? No minority tribe is exploiting or holding back my people so I don't understand your comment.

As for "so-called" SS, you're right about so-called. I was the one that pointed out that the SS was an artificial union of East and West minorities who were strangers, and that the whole scheme probably had nothing to do with the minority groups' own initiatives but probably was orchestrated by a third party for the benefit of the entire country and their own benefit.

As for support, I won't be voting anyways, so it doesn't matter. But if I were, I wouldn't blindly support mediocrity in the name of sectionalism.
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by ektbear: 9:20pm On Mar 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

It is a fact, go through Nigerian electoral history and show me when your people voted for someone other than Yoruba either as president or vice president. It never happened. cool
Lol. So by your twisted reasoning. . . in 1999, when all major tickets had Yoruba on them, we were tribalists too  grin 2007 when I guess our votes were split between Atiku and Yaradua, was that also tribalism? Or was voting for Abiola (a guy who won overwhelmingly EVERYWHERE in Nigeria) also an example of tribalism?

Abeg, tell a more interesting tale.

Your support for Buhari now is because he picked Bakare. FULLSTOP.
I assume you mean "you" in the ethnic sense, rather than personally. Yes, Buhari is doing better in the SW having chosen a SW VP. No doubt this will help him pick up some votes. But. . . this is true of every possibly choice of VP. If he chose a VP from Benue, it would also pick up votes in that region. . .

I cannot educate you on why the zoning being bandied by the North is a fraud. I don't have time for that. You have to go and research that yourself. Sorry.

Bottomline is that if GEJ loses this election, there is a very good chance that NO minority from southern Nigeria will EVER become Nigerian president again; if Igbo step forward to act and behave like Yoruba, it will never happen.
Alright. If you believe that zoning is a fraud, then I understand your POV. However, I'd like to point out that many of your own homies (including Eziachi) support the zoning principle and believed in it.
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by EzeUche(m): 9:20pm On Mar 28, 2011
Alj Uche:

there are not indigenous igbos in edo state

haba

Liar! Liar! Even Physics cannot deny that there are not any indigenous Igbos in Edo state. We all know the truth. Or do I need to direct you to a thread?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-500126.0.html
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by ektbear: 9:27pm On Mar 28, 2011
Anyway, I understand OnlyTruth's POV.

Primary justification for his position is that zoning is some sort of fraud, and that if Yar'Adua had not died, no SS man would ever be president.

If one believes that, then sure, basic fairness suggests giving them a turn.

I'll ignore the "Yoruba are tribalists because of presidential voting record" bit; that is obviously very shoddy reasoning.

Now, question for ya'll. . . why was the PDP zoning system a fraud and sham?
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by AljUche: 9:29pm On Mar 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: Alj Uche
Your brother Buhari is the Hitler and you are the Nazi because both of you are intolerant of Nigeria's diversity.

You shout one Nigeria but sneak Nigeria into OIC (organization of Islamic Countries). You impose sharia on Nigerians, and kill those you resist you in Jos. You committed genocide in Biafra and is planning now to use military force to crush MEND.
You think we don't know? LOL!

shocked shocked shocked shocked

we are not tolerant of nigeria diversity and here i am a kanuri man supporting a fulani man

other yorubas supporting a fulani

what about abagworo an igbo supporting buhari

buhari was with obafemi martins a yoruba man yesterday

his vice is a yoruba man

his vice 2007  and 2003 was an igbo man

so what are you talking about undecided
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by Areosapien(f): 9:29pm On Mar 28, 2011
ekt_bear:

Heh.

Funny thing is that these days, the vast majority of voices that shout "East" is Igbos. Very rarely will you hear an Ibibio or Efik demonstrate any interest. Largely moved on to other things.

Errr, Correction -- People who scream "East" are heartless bigots like EzeUche - a man so deeply blinded by his shameless tribalist mentality, that he is a sharp misrepresentation of what true Igbos like me stand for. If you think I'm lying, just go around and try mixing with some real sensible Igbos you meet in real life. With time, you'd realize these Igbos despise people of EzeUche's lifestyle.
Let me tell you something - Are you aware that if Nigeria were to split today (with Biafra finally going free), people like EzeUche would still be calling for Biafra to further be split into smaller pieces? A fine example was when he openly supported the corrupt Ohakim's re-election all because he hails from Okigwe, and "Orlu people have had their turn." This just goes to show you a man with such deep hatred for unity.
So, please, HE DOES NOT SPEAK FOR US. He is on his own.
Don't lump us together with him, because that is tantamount to insulting all Igbos!
Thank you.
Re: Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom by Onlytruth(m): 9:33pm On Mar 28, 2011

Alright. If you believe that zoning is a fraud, then I understand your POV. However, I'd like to point out that many of your own homies (including Eziachi) support the zoning principle and believed in it. [

It is funny how some of you keep raising the name of my brother Eziachi to these debates without even understanding his beliefs. Guy doesn't even believe in Nigeria. It is like asking Dede1 his views about how to solve all these problems. He would tell you his solution: total disintegration of Nigeria.  cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NDYM Backs Jonathan On Subsidy Removal! / Tinubu Adds N250 Million CONSAT to his falling Empire / Governor Abdullahi Ganduje Of Kano Looks Dapper In Military Uniform (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.