Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,293 members, 7,815,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help (53695 Views)

Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! / "He Couldn't Get Me Pregnant For 10 Years, So I Tested My Fertility Elsewhere" / "I Travelled For 1 Week & My Husband Turned My Kitchen To This" - Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 24, 2020
Honestly, you have done a great thing by letting this out. Once you open up, you are closer to your help. Please bro, don't allow depression to set in, I'll advise you get a counselor and open up to him or her, also try to reach out to your parents beg them for forgiveness, no matter how big the sin, parents always have space of forgiveness for their children. Also seek God forgiveness, forget your past, move forward and never go back to your past mistakes and I guarantee you, you will live a normal life again.
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Mrscarter(f): 8:55am On Dec 24, 2020
Sebastine1994:
When half of my neighbors have travelled, I am now left alone in the compound. every year it is only me who remains back, I am ashamed. I can't go home. I offended my family so much.

I was deported from South Africa for drug trafficking, my father spent all his life saving to send me abroad, I went there to do drugs,

Now I have my freedom, but my heart remains in chain, seeing my family struggling financially because of me and the failed investment on me. I am depressed because of this.

I can't call them, I don't know what to do. I may take my life if the emotional torture becomes much.

No matter how U few I'm sure Ur parents still love you. You're their child.
All parents can be disappointed with their children at some stage in life for decisions we make. It can't take away from the live a parent has for their child believe me.
Call them I'm sure they worry about you.
Tell them U realise your mistakes and you was too ashamed of yourself to talk to them but U love n miss them.
Only the most cold hearted of ppl can't forgive their own child.
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by codesverifycod: 9:05am On Dec 24, 2020
You would require greater setup time. VoIP provider companies generally require extra records from users to set up a fixed VoIP range.http://codesverify.com/ You might also pay extra. Advanced function sets generally come at a cost. Long-distance and worldwide calls may also be more costly.
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by orlaglobal234: 9:13am On Dec 24, 2020
Don't kill yourself fall of man is not end of the lif, you had learned your lesson wake up stronger and fight for your future forget about your past mistake you will survive it
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Angelacruz: 9:50am On Dec 24, 2020
It does not matter...d only tin i can say is dat he wasted dat 10yrs doing noting.He would have work harder to save some money.If to say he has been saving atleast 20k every month ,multiply it by 10yrs Its something.If abroad does not work for u,it does not mean u cant make it in life
mkpologwu:

Prodigal son case different please, because the dude's family is in financial mess while Prodigal son's dad was waiting to splash more cash
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by ayobarmy(m): 9:51am On Dec 24, 2020
Sir, You're are simply adding salt to the injury of your family, by not contacting them. Pls taking your life will even be more dangerous for them, If you truly love your family, Put a call trough to your MUM ASAP, let her know what you've been going trough. I am very positive Solutions will come..... Giving up is not an option bro, Pick up yourself. Success await YOU!!!!!!
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 24, 2020
Oluwapluto:
There is nothing special in HOME
For people who don't have.
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 24, 2020
Contact your family they may be worried sick not knowing ur whereabouts.
A wrong number used to call my old line almost every day for 4years because they were trying to contact a family member that travelled. Everyone around me tried to explain to them that is was a wrong number to no avail till I stop using that line.

No matter how bad a child have been, parents always have space of forgiveness for their children. Then moving on will be easy for u.
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Miracle2020: 11:26am On Dec 24, 2020
From the information you will know that the op is an ipob drug pusher. I believe many young Igbos are planning to do the same thing. When you advice them to stop this rubbish drug business they will start insulting you.
I pray any ipob that will emback on a drug pushing business,may he be cought in an Asian country so that he will get the capital punishment. Amen.
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by VOR2019: 12:11pm On Dec 24, 2020
Not a big problem.

Just hunker down and start working/hustling right again.

If they know that you are back, tell them to give you some time/space. If they do not know, create space and time for yourself. If you're not ''standing well'', you cannot help anybody. Feeling sorry for yourself and others should be put aside firmly. Get working and get cracking.

Good luck and cheers!

Sebastine1994:
When half of my neighbors have travelled, I am now left alone in the compound. every year it is only me who remains back, I am ashamed. I can't go home. I offended my family so much.

I was deported from South Africa for drug trafficking, my father spent all his life saving to send me abroad, I went there to do drugs,

Now I have my freedom, but my heart remains in chain, seeing my family struggling financially because of me and the failed investment on me. I am depressed because of this.

I can't call them, I don't know what to do. I may take my life if the emotional torture becomes much.
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by FearGod199(m): 12:35pm On Dec 24, 2020
My own is that during my teen I ran away with my brothers money,he called me I told him I'm with his money that I will double the money for him when I get back,, he wail, he shouted,he lamented for me to come back I refuse thinking I will blow.. My own be say i slept in uncompleted building with some aboki for ajao estate my brother I saw suicide face to face,the worst part of it is that my people was thinking I'm now a rich guy because I was pretending all is well,one charismas I decided to com back and bear the shame before I commit suicide hold and behold everybody was shock to see me in a critical conditione,, as I am typin this my brother my family are now proud of me again .. Go home let them see make things right they will be proud of u again...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Vickiebam: 1:32pm On Dec 24, 2020
anochuko01:

Lol
You wan dey preach hell to person wey dey depressed?

Preach hope to him. Tell him why the life is still worth living, and don't try scare him with hell.

At least if he scare of hell n did not sucide again he no bad
Because it seems most of them don't know they won't rest in peace
I had a member who committed sucide yesterday
Am sure the baba will be regretting now
Smh
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by anochuko01(m): 1:53pm On Dec 24, 2020
Vickiebam:

At least if he scare of hell n did not sucide again he no bad
Because it seems most of them don't know they won't rest in peace
I had a member who committed sucide yesterday
Am sure the baba will be regretting now
Smh
Those people have faced to much "hell" that nothing scares them again. Hell is real true, but that's the least thing that you can use to stop anyone from suicide.

What they need is hope and help.

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Viganti(m): 2:21pm On Dec 24, 2020
I feel you brother ,we all have our ups nd downs...life hasn't been easy for each and everyone of us here in Nigeria...no matter your stage �.
Mum called yesterday
Pleading for me to come back this Christmas but i can't ...can't even boast of 2k at my age .
Bro,we gaht to keep our hopes alive .
NVR think of taking ur life
We all will survive
Trust the process[color=#000099][/color]

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by kellz0(m): 2:41pm On Dec 24, 2020
Sebastine1994:

Abuja
quote me anywhere with your WhatsApp number..
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Ezini(f): 3:38pm On Dec 24, 2020
Call your mother, she is dieing to hear from you

Even your father will be glad to know you are still alive

Your problem is guilt not your parents

If you kill your self you are wicked and selfish
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Xammie001(m): 4:34pm On Dec 24, 2020
CALL THEM
THEY ARE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU BROTHER
THERE HEART ACHES NOT HEARING FROM YOU
Sebastine1994:

Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by nopretense: 11:15pm On Dec 24, 2020
Sebastine1994:

Forgive yourself
Your good and bad deeds all make you who you are

Give yourself another chance
If there's life, there's hope
Shalom!
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Emeraldgreene(f): 8:07am On Dec 25, 2020
[I don't know where u are at the moment but taking ur life is worse which will end u in hell fire.I don't know if ur parents are aware of ur predicament.if they are,lie down flat on ur face and belly and beg them for forgiveness.If they are not,TELL URSELF U MUST MAKE IT UP TO THEM.Start doing something legit,work hard ,pray for Gods favor..tell urself u MUST MAKE IT UP TO UR PARENTS.NOW,GET MOVING! STOP WALLOWING IN SELF PITY AND FIND A WAY TO MAKE IT UP TO UR PARENTS! Plan your next move and keep hussling.there are so many legitimate Biz u can do.Think and Pray for Direction.uthorstine1994 post=97360468]When half of my neighbors have travelled, I am now left alone in the compound. every year it is only me who remains back, I am ashamed. I can't go home. I offended my family so much.

I can't call them, I don't know what to do. I may take my life if the emotional torture becomes much.[/quote]
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by frozen70(f): 1:46am On Dec 26, 2020
Sebastine1994:

A downfall of a man is not the end of his life

Many has fallen yet they still stand up, dust the dust and start looking for their lost bearing

You can't be alone, even trees don't stand alone

Am glad you were back alive because assuming you were caught in drug dealing, you would have been dead by now

Now the real problem is you, your pride is the major problem you have

I don't see the reason why you can't travel home especially this yuletide period to reconcile with your family they are not happy about your bad deeds and you are not making efforts to go and seek for their forgiveness

Summon courage and remove pride, travel on the 31st and meet them by surprise even though if they are not expecting you, let me see if you will be rejected

You did not only offend your immediate family but also the extended ones

If assuming any of your parents passes away with this anger in them, your conscience will double its work on your

If you are ashamed of which you should be, to travel alone, go with a trusted friend who knows your case and reconcile with them

If in the interim you die you will be buried with out regards that's if your family will locate your corpse

If you want to marry now who and who will you present as your family, will you go to bustop to gather people or you will do arrangements with fake people and claim they are your family

What about your woman family, if they decide to make enquiries behind you and get to know that you are a prodigal son will they give you their daughter?

Take a move, you are only extending the evil days

You are not the first that go to abroad and come back deported and you will not be the last after all the whole villagers are aware that you are roaming the street
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by grandstar(m): 9:52pm On Jan 04, 2021
Sebastine1994

Pls, I beg you, don't take your life. Your father's case will be worsened. Committing suicide is like throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

I had a massive burden recently and it really weighed me down. I prayed to Jehovah to help me. I was forced to come clean to someone and she treated me mercifully. It was the most unexpectant way but was the best way. It has given me some level of closure

Apply Proverbs 3:5-6.fully.

Alternatively, if lacking the faith, open up to your parents. You can do this by asking someone to call your home that they are worried about ypu

Your dad may be shocked and say that you're overseas. The caller will then say that no, that you're afraid of going home, that their worried you may commit suicide. That you were deported. That the way you're acting is worrying them. That they should come and carry their son if they love you. A lot of what is written here is the truth. You're feeling suicidal so it's no lie.

Your parents no matter how hurt will still prefer you alive (Eccl 9:4-5).

This I am sure it will work.

After unloading your burden and them forgiving you, start hustling here. You can start as an estate agent. Just get a blackboard where you write the properties you have.

First liason with agents in your area to get properties from them. Also buy Castles mag weekly to find properties you can market or source for clients. You can also visit Nigerianpropertycentre.com to get properties.

Prepare your own registration form and be charging 2,000 when clients register. This will give you money to survive. If you're serious you can becone a mlionaire within a year.

Alternatively, you can start selling dollars in the black market. You'll start as an agent. You will scout for buyers and earn a commission. Most of the mallams are agents and that's how most make money.

Some might have accumulated some money but still go to the big guys for assistance. Someone may want to change $50,000 and have no choice to go to the big boys for assistance. Within a year, the you will have a good customer base which will be bringing you regular income. You think those mallams are mad when they give u I u their business cards?

Wish you the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How I Felt Reading Messages Between My Husband And His Mistress - Lady / Halloween: Baby is Stuck With Spooky Eyebrows (Pics) / Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.