Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,207 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help (53685 Views)

Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! / "He Couldn't Get Me Pregnant For 10 Years, So I Tested My Fertility Elsewhere" / "I Travelled For 1 Week & My Husband Turned My Kitchen To This" - Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Captain92: 9:12pm On Dec 23, 2020
[quote author=Sebastine1994 post=97360468]When half of my neighbors have travelled, I am now left alone in the compound. every year it is only me who remains back, I am ashamed. I can't go home. I offended my family so much.

I was deported from South Africa for drug trafficking, my father spent all his life saving to send me abroad, I went there to do drugs,

Now I have my freedom, but my heart remains in chain, seeing my family struggling financially because of me and the failed investment on me. I am depressed because of this.

I can't call them, I don't know what to do. I may take my life if the emotional torture becomes much.To

You can't continue to live in isolation, call them your family, stop thinking anything negative life goes beyond the mistake you made in the past.
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by humilitypays(m): 9:12pm On Dec 23, 2020
Sebastine1994:
When half of my neighbors have travelled, I am now left alone in the compound. every year it is only me who remains back, I am ashamed. I can't go home. I offended my family so much.

I was deported from South Africa for drug trafficking, my father spent all his life saving to send me abroad, I went there to do drugs,

Now I have my freedom, but my heart remains in chain, seeing my family struggling financially because of me and the failed investment on me. I am depressed because of this.

I can't call them, I don't know what to do. I may take my life if the emotional torture becomes much.
Everybody is pampering you with words, now let me tell you the truth.

You fvcked up big time! You even had a father that could afford to send you abroad, this is what 99% of Nigerian youths don't have and wish to have but you had it and threw it away.

Impatience pushed you to fast lane business.

The only way you can apologize to your parents is to get on your ass and work like a jerky till you break even.

Stop wallowing in self pity and regrets, get up and go hustle, yes go and hustle.

Enter any market like computer village ikeja Lagos and start street hustling, and also learn to fix minor issues on a computer and mobile phone. Make friends, be honest, with time you will be making nothing less than NGN5000 everyday. You can start life from there.

You have thrown away your golden chance in life so you need to work your ass off to build a better life, and suicide is not an option. The pains of death even in death far outweighs the pains you are passing through now.

This should also serve as lesson to all the young guys reading this; some parents sent them to school they end up joining cult, some become Yahoo plus, some carry woman and turn to small papa and mama. Make una de pity una parents oh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 23, 2020
Sebastine1994:
When half of my neighbors have travelled, I am now left alone in the compound. every year it is only me who remains back, I am ashamed. I can't go home. I offended my family so much.

I can't call them, I don't know what to do. I may take my life if the emotional torture becomes much.
Nothing should make u abandon ur ageing parents. It kills them faster. The heartaches n pains of not knowing what and where u are... Its better to trace ur step back home and its the first step in righting ur wrongs. Hiding in the dark is cowardly and selfish. Dont dwell in ur past mistakes, seize new opportunities. Time no dey oo
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by prince2pac(m): 9:22pm On Dec 23, 2020
Shellsploit:
Am traveling tomorrow,
I no mind to lap u for GIG to owerri lipsrsealed
better buy something when coming ooo, don't come back empty handed... I de GIG relief market park de wait

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Donspicey: 9:23pm On Dec 23, 2020
armadeo:
Your story doesnt add up at all.

This doesn't sound like someone who's not in touch with his family.

Check his Topics and you will realise dat he might have been sharing peoples story who may not have access to the platform they will get sound advise.....

No be everytin wey person post here be his/her personal story....
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by MansoryMX(m): 9:29pm On Dec 23, 2020
Sebastine1994:

I do not have money to give you to help out bro but all I can give you are my advices. I am even in a tight situation lately but I don’t allow it weight me down. Chop life bro, forget that suicide thoughts. It will hurt your father to lose a son! Go back home and make peace with your father and yourself. My motto in life “You have what it takes, give yourself time. ”. One love!
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by munagi: 9:32pm On Dec 23, 2020
Please dear, you don't have to do any harm to yourself. You haven't failed and God will surely protect and guide you. Please forgive yourself and try to go see your parents before you loose any of them, which will hurt you deeper.

May the good Lord guide and direct you in Jesus mighty name. Amen.
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Edipet(m): 9:34pm On Dec 23, 2020
Sebastine1994:

your family will be so happy to see you as a mad poor man than not seeing you at all, they will so much welcome you if you visit them without common bread.... please take a step this year,.....they are much more Depressed of not seeing you for 10yr,....please brother just visit them this yr...thank and God bless you

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by mojoyin73585: 9:40pm On Dec 23, 2020
[quote author=demmy66 post=97366028][/quote]
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Roseey0(f): 9:43pm On Dec 23, 2020
Once there is life. There is hope. Give it your best shot. Don't call them now till you can afford to give them something evem as little as a bag of rice. When you finally get to Them, pls pour out your mind to Them, show them remorse, they will never abandon you . Blood is thicker than water. This is the time to hustle not regret . Dust yourself and start afresh. We all make mistakes. Pick up yourself and keep pushing legitimately. Don't go and do drugs again o. Go home when you must have made a little for yourself
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 23, 2020
Sebastine1994:

Your vices are running a train on you bro. It's called Karmic debt. Just endure till your debts are paid.
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by megastu(m): 9:48pm On Dec 23, 2020
Please do not think of that at all.

When there is life there is always a bit of hope, but death takes away any possibility of hope. You have to pick up yourself.
Sebastine1994:

Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by 15ssDRIVE(m): 9:48pm On Dec 23, 2020
Sebastine1994:

All Great men,have all thoughts about suicide. Luckily non of them have tried the foolish moves.

Bros I go tell you one small story now.

Few weeks to my marriage,everything I ordered online still showing on transit.

Na marriage day,I get my dress... when my wife was already at the mosque.

From the city to the airport you have to pass through a big sea.

Everytime me and my wife go the the airport to check the package,I always thought of jumping to the river and ending it .

My only solace was hope ... remembering all the flex around the world in 5stars .... VVip tables

Na so i cool down say,make wettin wan happen happen ......

I survived all the shits.... from marriage night to getting messed up during honeymoon.

But I survived it oh.......

You only get those feelings, when

The miracle is closest !!

Leave your whatsap number here.....

Let’s talk .....
You are not alone !!!!!!!

Let’s walk together !!!
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by nappy760(m): 9:49pm On Dec 23, 2020
Oga are you stupid? Now you are free , you have two hands and two legs aren't you supposed to be working relentlessly to pay your family back
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by nappy760(m): 9:51pm On Dec 23, 2020
15ssDRIVE:

All Great men,have all thoughts about suicide. Luckily non of them have tried the foolish moves.

Bros I go tell you one small story now.

Few weeks to my marriage,everything I ordered online still showing on transit.

Na marriage day,I get my dress... when my wife was already at the mosque.

From the city to the airport you have to pass through a big sea.

Everytime me and my wife go the the airport to check the package,I always thought of jumping to the river and ending it .

My only solace was hope ... remembering all the flex around the world in 5stars .... VVip tables

Na so i cool down say,make wettin wan happen happen ......

I survived all the shits.... from marriage night to getting messed up during honeymoon.

But I survived it oh.......

You only get those feelings, when

The miracle is closest !!

Leave your whatsap number here.....

Let’s talk .....
You are not alone !!!!!!!

Let’s walk together !!!

So because of marriage you wanted to jump inside sea.....he's own is even better , this your own worst pass grin
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Elxandre(m): 9:52pm On Dec 23, 2020
Sebastine1994:

You liar.
You didn't school in Havard this time around. undecided
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Elxandre(m): 9:53pm On Dec 23, 2020
nappy760:

So because of marriage you wanted to jump inside sea.....he's own is even better , this your own worst pass grin
Be like he don smoke.
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by BSF: 9:54pm On Dec 23, 2020
If you really love and respect your family, forget suicide , start again, your dad will be proud of you and your story at the end will be ,how I bounced back from the brink of suicide
Sebastine1994:

Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Abifavor: 9:55pm On Dec 23, 2020
To err is human, to forgive is family tie, let go of the chain, they too maybe worried as their family is not complete.
They may be angry, but as long you have changed, they will accept you back.
Wish you well.
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by 15ssDRIVE(m): 10:00pm On Dec 23, 2020
nappy760:

Bros,
You need to see how stupid our minds are,sometimes.

Na the end come matter pass oh .....
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Emyogalanya: 10:19pm On Dec 23, 2020
The sole intent of this thread is tribal bash
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by knowhowk: 10:27pm On Dec 23, 2020
NwaNimo1:
Open a pharmacy.....then sell drugs legally......
. Probably u will start to make reasonable comment from Next Year.
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by eagleonearth(m): 10:31pm On Dec 23, 2020
Sebastine1994:

please be reminded that suicide is a one way ticket to hell fire which will make whatever you're passing thru now look like paradise. Just quit your old ways thru the power of Jesus and be determined to live right. God will now enrich you to pay back to your dad.
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by deavicky(m): 10:33pm On Dec 23, 2020
Sebastine1994:

go home things will change, there is nothing like fathers blessing. You will surely blow but u need to make peace with them. It's just like dropping out of school instead of letting ur parents know u remain in school hoping to secure another admission which will never happen or it will take longer than expected.
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by fuckaholic25(f): 10:34pm On Dec 23, 2020
abegi, do wetin right!! me sef need motivation!!
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by crackhouse(m): 10:38pm On Dec 23, 2020
Una dey listen to this man?
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Hallabee1(m): 10:48pm On Dec 23, 2020
Shellsploit:
Am traveling tomorrow,
I no mind to lap u for GIG to owerri lipsrsealed

guy I no know watin to talk. so u no fit pay him transport.., I dey pray make the guy no go kill himself with your talk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Cleanworld(f): 10:50pm On Dec 23, 2020
Sebastine1994:

Oga, so taking your life will bring all the "money" they spent on you back abi?
Or not going to the village will eventually make them happy?

What if you have terminal illness,won't your family be there for you and to spend on you?

Failure is not the end but a beginning of a new chapter where wisdom will guide you through your past experiences.
Call your people and apologize now. They understand that Rome wasn't built in a day.
Stop looking for short cut in life and let your destiny show you the way to go

Start by forgiven yourself first and move on.

You are not a failure until you accept to be one

My2cent
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Charlieyoung(m): 10:52pm On Dec 23, 2020
Sebastine1994:

my elder brother was sent to Europe and he ended up coming home with an Edo girl . Na we dey buy am drink and food. bro face your fears
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Sirmuel1(m): 10:58pm On Dec 23, 2020
Sebastine1994:

Shit happens, I Know know you feel. Would you take my advice?

Anyway, go to your Family, talk to them, beg for forgiveness. Tell them your mistakes, they may not forgive but your mind will be free.

...and the truth shall set you free....free your any emotional torture. That's what the Bible says.
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Juliearth(f): 11:08pm On Dec 23, 2020
Sebastine1994:

Being alive is a sign that God wants us to right our wrongs and change our narratives. Yes, you goofed big time, but what are you doing to change this narrative? Get your life back on track and get to work. You can still be the man your family envisaged you to be when they decided to sponsor you abroad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

She Did Not Plan To Die (TRIBUTE To My Beloved Grandma Mrs Charity Nnoli ) / 17 Pictures That Will Only Make Sense To People Who Grew Up In Nigeria / How I Felt Reading Messages Between My Husband And His Mistress - Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.