Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help (53678 Views)

Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! / "He Couldn't Get Me Pregnant For 10 Years, So I Tested My Fertility Elsewhere" / "I Travelled For 1 Week & My Husband Turned My Kitchen To This" - Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 23, 2020
Sebastine1994:
When half of my neighbors have travelled, I am now left alone in the compound. every year it is only me who remains back, I am ashamed. I can't go home. I offended my family so much.

I was deported from South Africa for drug trafficking, my father spent all his life saving to send me abroad, I went there to do drugs,

Now I have my freedom, but my heart remains in chain, seeing my family struggling financially because of me and the failed investment on me. I am depressed because of this.

I can't call them, I don't know what to do. I may take my life if the emotional torture becomes much.

Does ur parents know about ur crime?
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by armyofone(m): 11:19pm On Dec 23, 2020
True - because home is where the heart is. So where he is now is home.

Oluwapluto:
There is nothing special in HOME

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by golddare: 11:25pm On Dec 23, 2020
Sebastine1994:
When half of my neighbors have travelled, I am now left alone in the compound. every year it is only me who remains back, I am ashamed. I can't go home. I offended my family so much.

I was deported from South Africa for drug trafficking, my father spent all his life saving to send me abroad, I went there to do drugs,

Now I have my freedom, but my heart remains in chain, seeing my family struggling financially because of me and the failed investment on me. I am depressed because of this.

I can't call them, I don't know what to do. I may take my life if the emotional torture becomes much.

You will be shocked to see how much you mean to them without money. Worry no more. It's not the number of times a man falls that matters but how he stands. Show me any great man and I will show a former failure. Never lose hope.
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Malawian(m): 11:29pm On Dec 23, 2020
Try play 3 odds every weekend on rollover bases. In two months, you go be don.
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by raphy(m): 11:58pm On Dec 23, 2020
Just smoke enough weed u will stop getting depressed and hv the strength to face ya family.again

Just get up and move on no kill ya self like chicken.

A word is enough
Even me I don't hv parents am broke I don't think about thT.I just smile n keep fighting legit fight to survive
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by baby124: 12:01am On Dec 24, 2020
I don’t know what you people see in illegal business. You know your parents struggled so you can better your life but you went to do something so stupid. You are not worth the struggle and you knew it. If they wanted to give it to a more serious sibling now you will have become vindictive when your true nature is a sabotaging and stupid one. And that sibling will have done much better with that opportunity.

That being said, what has happened has happened. God don talk say Na naija you go make an that is why you were caught and deported. Pick yourself up and give your family a call to ask for their forgiveness.

Look for something LEGITIMATE to do as you know there is dignity in labor. You learnt the hard way! 10yrs is a long time to keep deceiving them. Ask God for forgiveness and forgive yourself for your stupidity. Move with people with sense and not criminals and you will find your way.
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by amliftedhigher: 12:02am On Dec 24, 2020
Sebastine1994:

For some people I will advise them to buy 3 bottles of sniper but for you I will tell to wash your clothes, enter first bus tomorrow morning to your village. Me very early in the morning I will be on highway going home to see my old mother. Common get up and go home. Life doesn't seem fair sometimes OK. Don't worry go home
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Nobody: 12:16am On Dec 24, 2020
call them and let them know you're in Nigeria. then go to them before this year ends. i'm sure they miss you and love you

good luck
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by AwesomeStormy00(m): 12:24am On Dec 24, 2020
Sebastine1994:

Bros try speak to your parents let them forgive you and pray for you... taking your life isnt the solution don't be a selfish sod
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Jimoh1a0(m): 12:26am On Dec 24, 2020
Just go home and explain everything in person not on the phone.... Let the worst happen ... Face your fears...
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Born2Breed(f): 12:50am On Dec 24, 2020
Sebastine1994:

Pray as if hard work is not needed and work hard as if prayer is not needed.

Believe in yourself and you will.make your folks very proud soon.
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by properties4sale: 12:50am On Dec 24, 2020
Sebastine1994:

call ur mum and just open up to her. No one can support u more than family.
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Nobody: 1:15am On Dec 24, 2020
DMerciful:
You knew your family invested and depended on you to succeed yet you blew it. Yeye son, if you like kill yourself. Nonsense!
Don't be stupiddd.He want advice not insult.
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Onekind04(m): 1:26am On Dec 24, 2020
Na direct ticket to hell u dey find so ooo grin
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by DMerciful(m): 1:33am On Dec 24, 2020
Too late. At the time when he was pushing the drug is the right time to asked for advice. Now that he is here, what advice does he seek? Too late.
comshots:
Don't be stupiddd.He want advice not insult.
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by calcal: 2:03am On Dec 24, 2020
Sebastine1994:

Make sure you blow yourself up at the police station
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Rhea(f): 2:09am On Dec 24, 2020
Sebastine1994:

https://www.nairaland.com/6312683/sister-wants-traditional-marriage-city

I thought you were campaigning to have your sister's wine carrying done in the village. Ayamnotunderstandingagain

Your igala wife don return, abi you dey post thread on behalf of other people?

https://www.nairaland.com/6310329/should-take-back-adulterous-wife

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Rhea(f): 2:12am On Dec 24, 2020
Sebastine1994:

I thought you were targeting that crazy hot voluptuous calabar housegirl across the fence wey no go travel home this christmas.
Remember to use a condom and wear your mask before you kalango the ochanja
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by meobizy(f): 2:51am On Dec 24, 2020
Thus is why a lot of Nairalanders are unnecessarily rude; no parental supervision. OP is another example.

If you don't want to visit the village, fine. I don't see what's there that Igbo people always run to year after year. Just ensure to support your parents financially from time to time. You have a job, yes?
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by Exc2000: 3:43am On Dec 24, 2020
If you had made money through drugs they would benefit from the proceeds

You made a mistake and you got punished... It's time to man up and start your life back, meet your family, pray to God... It's not easy but you have to stand up and with your family
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by DCatt: 3:57am On Dec 24, 2020
Don't be too hard on yourself, there are people in worse situation. What if you didn't come back alive? What about the pain your family is in for not knowing if you are alive? Give them a call first and let them know you are ok and working to pay the money they spent back.
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by yetty247(f): 5:00am On Dec 24, 2020
You better call Dem B4 it's late

We don't own our lives oo
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by fuckfuckman(m): 5:10am On Dec 24, 2020
Sebastine1994:

I wish Nigerians will wise up someday and change their poor mentality

For example in America or some other well advanced countries when someone is so depressed or wants to commit divide due to problems of life. When the information gets to the notice of the people you will see strangers, different people, families and friends even the government everyone will be coming together to give reasonable advise to the person, trying to make the person feel loved and also coming together to help out in every possible way, first they try to find the reason for the person's depression and helping in solving whatever reason it was for the depression weither financially or domestically or whatever way that lead to it, by doing so the person feel loved and changes his decision

But in nigeria, I once witnessed a case in port harcourt whereby a father of six children lost his job and his home the same month, and also his wife was a house wife and he had at least 5 of his junior siblings which have been depending on him for survival, but after he lost his job and home he got do depressed that one day he decided to take his life because he can't bear the depression anymore, so one day he decided to take his life by jumping from a very high building, he climbed one very long building very close to mile one market, port Harcourt residents will surely know that popular very long story building, and when he was about to jump and take his life the information spread out immediately because there have been many cases of such things going on in that building, therefore whenever someone is seen at that level of the building everyone already knows what was gonna happen, then when this got to the notice of the public they decided to call the police on him, luckily the police where able to get to the destination in time before he could have jumped from there, but to my surprise the Nigerian police did something terrible that shocked me, I couldn't believe what I saw

The police was able to catch up with him before he jumped but what the police did proved to me that this country is too way bad in mentality,

The first police man that approached him used the head of his gun to hid the man down then his head began to bleed, the other police men was able to meet up with Hime and they caught him. Tied him up and began to come down the building with him, I couldn't believe that before this man got to the down of the building he have already been beaten to stupor by the police and tied up like a criminal, then the police then kept him on the ground and poured him water, as they torture him, to my surprise I was thinking that the crowd which have gathered downstairs will go against the decision of the police and show some support but to my surprise the people even helped in torturing this man,
I can hear from the crowd may was landing insults on him, calling him different names, saying that he is a stupid man, that he want to kill
Himself and spread his useless corpse on the road,
To cut this long story shut,
When someone is depressed even to the extent of thinking of taking his or her life, all that is supposed to be done is to show love and concern in every little way and help save a life, it can happen to anyone

Depression is a very bad thing, I am still surprised to see people here in the comments section saying trash, trying to make the op feel more depressed instead of showing love and good advice in every little way

Thank you, you can judge me if you're God

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by bepositive11: 5:15am On Dec 24, 2020
RedPanthar:
People and their obsessiveness with inviting stressors into thier lives sha. When God hasn't given people problems, they go worrying about all sorts.... Real time Psychological instability scenario.

It is well sha.

Goodluck worrying

Exactly!!!
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by persius555(m): 5:40am On Dec 24, 2020
Call your parents and tell them you've commited divided. See how they would react.
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by SavageResponse(m): 5:53am On Dec 24, 2020
Sebastine1994:

Are you the last born or last son? Most last borns are usually dead wood! angry
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by RuggedSniper: 7:03am On Dec 24, 2020
Sebastine1994:

Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by mkpologwu(m): 7:10am On Dec 24, 2020
Angelacruz:
Go back home,suicide is not an option.Remeber d prodigal son in d bible

Prodigal son case different please, because the dude's family is in financial mess while Prodigal son's dad was waiting to splash more cash
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by EmmGee: 7:50am On Dec 24, 2020
Re: I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help by jamesbridget13(f): 8:25am On Dec 24, 2020
instead of you to be thinking suicide my brother think of how to make it here in Nigeria. dont you have a savings? start with that and grow. if you dont have any savings then you should have a skill or a certificate of education. get up and get something doing. no matter how little.

secondly, contact your people. first contact your siblings and let them know what you are passing through. they will be in the best position to tell your mom and then your mom will tell your dad. they will be disappointed for sure but they will be more disappointed of they are called to come and claim your dead body.

so pls let suicide not be the last option for you. and for this season, dont mind that everyone travels n you dont. na condition make crayfish bend o. but i want to believe by this time next year, ur story would be different.

compliments

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Wife Saved A Male Number With A Female Name / She Did Not Plan To Die (TRIBUTE To My Beloved Grandma Mrs Charity Nnoli ) / 17 Pictures That Will Only Make Sense To People Who Grew Up In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.