Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (302) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1308411 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by morinto: 11:10am On May 01, 2021
Was given admission into the derby university to study big data analytics. I still have admission to study fintech and data analysis in rgu university.
Does in uk which of the cities is better?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 11:21am On May 01, 2021
Schoolhike:

Thanks so much brother, really appreciate your advice, as for the maintenance fee (I think you mean the proof of fund to get visa right??, if yes, we already make a plan for that), but the maximum we get have at hand to take along when travel limits just £5000, I meant 5k not 6k sir,

Thanks once again, From you analysis, I believe the plan is feasible,

Ok..from one Nigerian to another? Bro you need that money in the UK, not just to get a visa and return the money to the owner.

All the very best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 11:39am On May 01, 2021
Allbutty:
Hello house please I need your advise.

I applied to Durham University as part of my application for the commonwealth shared scholarship. Last week, A conditional offer was sent - I am to submit an English language test result and also deposit £1,000 from the £23,000 tuition fee. I am being profiled as a self-funding student and have been given June 6 as deadline to fulfill this requirement before CAS would be issued.

I am worried because I remember clicking funding and uploading the summary of the CSC form I filled. I can’t self fund anything ooo!! Haba! ain’t they suppose to consider the funding option I choosed?

Also the English requirement on their website under other options stated B3 in English and a letter from the institution I attended stating that I was taught in English——- I submitted this. So why am I being asked to write IELTS again bikonu? Ejor eshanu mi. �

(No time to proofread. Kindly ignore errors)

You just have to meet the condition of the offer if you want to go forward with the application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Icesnow(f): 11:45am On May 01, 2021
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Queenbeloveth(f): 11:55am On May 01, 2021
Schoolhike:
Hello, good morning my good people, I would like to some questions here pls, I’ve been reading through different pages since last week, but I’ve not come across an answer to my request,

My wife is applying to a university in uk for masters in public health(she graduated with bsc in microbiology), and I will be her dependent.

Her school fee is £16.5k, and we already have £5k as a deposit,

my question is that is it possible for me as the dependent to work and make money to be able to offset her remaining school fee which is about £11k within the period of her studies??

In addition, the house rent and other expenses will be catered by me because she’s expecting to deliver off her baby by November and as a result might hinder her from hustling for the 20hrs weekly work.

Need your advice pls.

Thanks in anticipation
Firstly, you said she's expecting to deliver her baby by November, have you consider her study? How do you think she would cope with school runs before she deliver and after?
You can work but don't you think the load would be too much on you? Paying all bills, catering for new born baby and paying the tuition balance again, why not look for a cheaper school or defer her admission to next year when she would be fit enough to work as well

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Howoheye: 11:56am On May 01, 2021
Schoolhike:

We’ve started the process already and couldn’t find another one cheaper, the name of the school is University of the west of Scotland

Thanks for the response

There are Schools way cheaper than UWS for Public Health.

Glasgow Caledonian in same Scotland has the course and an automatic scholarship, which will leave you to pay just about £11,900 as tuition and they have up to 7instalments I think.

Teesside University has an applied option for the course, which makes it a 2yr course. Tuition per year is £7,500, and you'll still get a scholarship of either £1,500 or £2k off that fee.

Salford
https://www.salford.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/public-health

Birmingham City
https://www.bcu.ac.uk/courses/public-health-mph-2021-22

Chelmsford
https://aru.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/public-health

Middlesex
https://www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/public-health

Newcastle
https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/study-at-northumbria/courses/master-of-public-health-dtfpuh6/

London Met.
https://www.londonmet.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/public-health---msc/

...are other options you can look into as well.

All the best!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Queenbeloveth(f): 12:02pm On May 01, 2021
femredhead:

Please,do you know Universities with that tuition range you mentioned?

I'm aspiring to study Masters in Public Health as well.
Teesside University has MPH, 2 years program and their tuition is 7500 per year. The do offer a discount of 1500 or 2000 as the case may be,which you will have to pay a deposit of 4000 and need to have the balance of the first year with your maintenance in your account for the proof of funds. You can pay uur balance in 7 installment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Howoheye: 12:03pm On May 01, 2021
You have just two options, provide the transcript or explain the situation to the school.

If it's not a must that it should be Kent, why not give yourself options, just in case?

TemiBami2020:
Good morning all. I've been a silent reader and I appreciate everyone has been doing here. Pls I need ur advices. University of Kent has asked me to upload my transcript on/before May 7 or my application would be considered unsuccessful if i fail to do so (pls note I received the mail yesterday). Altough I made a request to my university for almost two weeks now but the school has been on strike. However, I have my degree certificate.

Pls can I write to University of Kent and tell them my predicament? And ask if they can work with my degree certificate pending receipt of my transcript from my university?

I've been so sad since yesterday and I really don't want to loose Kent or this September admission.

justwise, LagosismyHome, hosey and all the good people of Nairaland
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ezriela: 12:37pm On May 01, 2021
Congrats Lexee
lexee1993:
Visa Alert!! Visa Alert!!! Visa Alert!!!!

won't he do it?

God has done it oooo

Application date: 23rd April
Biometrics: 26th April
No Decision mail
Collection mail and pickup: 30th April

Ikeja tls(Priority)

God will definitely answer to everyone waiting for visa
What God cannot do does not exist.
Thank you all for the support.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by aduomayebe: 12:41pm On May 01, 2021
boommer:

Hello, please i applied and was given a conditional offer from teesside university. Im required to send my transcript which i did since 3rd of march but i havent heard from the school. I have sent mail to them but no reply, what can i do?
call them. Just buy like 1,000 naira recharge card and call them. They’ll be Able to tell u what’s up.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by femredhead: 12:41pm On May 01, 2021
Howoheye:

There are Schools way cheaper than UWS for Public Health.

Glasgow Caledonian in same Scotland has the course and an automatic scholarship, which will leave you to pay just about £11,900 as tuition and they have up to 7instalments I think.

Teesside University has an applied option for the course, which makes it a 2yr course. Tuition per year is £7,500, and you'll still get a scholarship of either £1,500 or £2k off that fee.

Salford
https://www.salford.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/public-health

Birmingham City
https://www.bcu.ac.uk/courses/public-health-mph-2021-22

Chelmsford
https://aru.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/public-health

Middlesex
https://www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/public-health

Newcastle
https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/study-at-northumbria/courses/master-of-public-health-dtfpuh6/

London Met.
https://www.londonmet.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/public-health---msc/

...are other options you can look into as well.

All the best!

Thanks so much for these information. I will go through it.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by femredhead: 12:46pm On May 01, 2021
[quote author=Queenbeloveth post=101283783]
Teesside University has MPH, 2 years program and their tuition is 7500 per year. The do offer a discount of 1500 or 2000 as the case may be,which you will have to pay a deposit of 4000 and need to have the balance of the first year with your maintenance in your account for the proof of funds. You can pay uur balance in 7 installment[/

Thanks so much...I will search and go through the school website.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by aduomayebe: 12:49pm On May 01, 2021
[quote author=femredhead post=101284803][/quote] they also have an African rep who helps process it. Her number is on the school’s website.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by 5loaves: 12:53pm On May 01, 2021
Good afternoon good people. please I want to know what they meant by the account statement of 28days that the money should be in your account. my question is, my CAS was just sent to me this weekend and in the account statement section they said and I quote
"You must have this money for at least 28 consecutive days. The end date of the 28-day period must be within 31 days of the date you apply for your visa.

ExampleIf you submit your application on 1 January 2021, you’d have to show that the funds were in your bank account for at least the 28-day period ending on 1 December."
so does that mean I cannot start my application by now because I added my account to be up to date 30days ago. should I wait another 28days to start my application? or I should start it right now.
thank you all I need some answers asap.
@justwise
@hosey
@lagosismyhome
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AltCtrlDel: 12:53pm On May 01, 2021
TemiBami2020:
Good morning all. I've been a silent reader and I appreciate everyone has been doing here. Pls I need ur advices. University of Kent has asked me to upload my transcript on/before May 7 or my application would be considered unsuccessful if i fail to do so (pls note I received the mail yesterday). Altough I made a request to my university for almost two weeks now but the school has been on strike. However, I have my degree certificate.

Pls can I write to University of Kent and tell them my predicament? And ask if they can work with my degree certificate pending receipt of my transcript from my university?

I've been so sad since yesterday and I really don't want to loose Kent or this September admission.

justwise, LagosismyHome, hosey and all the good people of Nairaland

Don't be too hard on yourself . I had almost similar case with Canterbury University. I was asked to obtain an MOI from my uni. Unfortunately my uni was on strike. I simply attached my WAEC certificate in which I had a C4 in English and appealed to the admission board to kindly consider it in lieu of the MOI and it flew. I'll suggest you send a mail explaining the situation and request for an extension.

But still wait for the gurus justwise, hosey and LagosismyHome to further advise you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Mayowa1331: 1:02pm On May 01, 2021
Can you get an offer for all courses including Engineering with your HND or just for certain courses
hosey:

Why pre Masters when you can apply for Masters directly.

If you had third class or HND, Sheffield Hallam University, University of Roehampton, University of Sunderland accepts your qualification.

However, you must have considerable experience in the proposed programme to secure admission.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by tajmal: 1:31pm On May 01, 2021
Ezriela:
Start applying for Jan term most sept have closed already for nursing
I thought as much too. Much thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Howoheye: 1:38pm On May 01, 2021
When did you print your Bank Statement? If it's not up to 31days, you can use it for the application.

5loaves:
Good afternoon good people. please I want to know what they meant by the account statement of 28days that the money should be in your account. my question is, my CAS was just sent to me this weekend and in the account statement section they said and I quote
"You must have this money for at least 28 consecutive days. The end date of the 28-day period must be within 31 days of the date you apply for your visa.

ExampleIf you submit your application on 1 January 2021, you’d have to show that the funds were in your bank account for at least the 28-day period ending on 1 December."
so does that mean I cannot start my application by now because I added my account to be up to date 30days ago. should I wait another 28days to start my application? or I should start it right now.
thank you all I need some answers asap.
@justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by 5loaves: 1:48pm On May 01, 2021
Howoheye:
When did you print your Bank Statement? If it's not up to 31days, you can use it for the application.

OK sir, this weekend made it 28days to mature in my account.
but I thought the mean
I should sent an account statement with the closing date as 28days or I don't understand what they meant. if you can explain to me better I will appreciate it.
this was what they wrote in their site "If you submit your application on 1 January 2021, you’d have to show that the funds were in your bank account for at least the 28-day period ending on 1 December."
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mentored: 1:52pm On May 01, 2021
Ash03:

I am single parent and I want to further my education can’t I take my two year old with the consent of his dad?

you can
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Howoheye: 1:59pm On May 01, 2021
Oh? You didn't submit it to get CAS? What School is that?

If it's 28days this weekend that: the balance of tuition fee plus your maintenance has been in your account, you can print the statement on Tuesday (that'll make it about 30/31days) that you've kept the fund in your account. You can apply for VISA that same day you print it.

All the best and congratulations in advance.

5loaves:

but I thought the mean
I should sent an account statement with the closing date as 28days or I don't understand what they meant. if you can explain to me better I will appreciate it.
this was what they wrote in their site "If you submit your application on 1 January 2021, you’d have to show that the funds were in your bank account for at least the 28-day period ending on 1 December."
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by talkme(m): 2:26pm On May 01, 2021
olaness:
VISA ALERT
Family of four
September intake - University of Bradford

Application - 29th march
Biometrics - 1st April Standard, Self upload. (omited birth cert for one of the kids. But was able to add this at the VAC. Paid for assisted service for the kid)
Passport collection mail - 14 April
DHL delivery - 15 April
Visa was actually granted - 9th April.

University requested my hubby's TB certificate, account statement and conducted a zoom interview.

Documents submitted:

Student -
Passport, Degree, Waec, Marriage, TB certificates, Account statement, old passport with visa.

Dependants partner -
Degree, TB, Marriage certificates, passport and account statement.

Children each -
Account statement, TB, birth certificates, passport, and Consent letters.

We all used the same account statement.

We really thank the Most High God for His mercies.
I thank all who answered my questions especially Justwise and Cutieb.

Congratulations sir.. pls I sent you a mail

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by MrsJoycey1: 2:34pm On May 01, 2021
Please is it 28days or 28 working days?

5loaves:

but I thought the mean
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by olaness: 3:05pm On May 01, 2021
Gracious13:
Visa Alert , Visa Alert, Visa Alert!!
What God cannot do does not exist!!
After 6 visa refusals, God said the set time to favour me is now.
2 Uk tourist Visa
2 Canadian study Visa
1 South Africa Tourist Visa
1 Sweden visit Visa

Submitted: 15th of April

Congratulations. What course?

Biometrics: 19th of April at TLS ikeja.

I got collection mail yesterday with my visa intact.

I'm serving a living God

I have met some truly supportive people on this platform, who kept checking up and encouraging me, may God bless you all. Thanks for all the support, answers to my questions, and information.

God bless us All

University of Bradford

September intake

Congratulations. What course?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by shanga(m): 3:07pm On May 01, 2021
Please guys,what is the easiest way to pay for visa fee and ihs,was told we can no longer use our Nigeria master card to pay,please I need urgent reply cus I’m suppose to make payment this Monday.thank you

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by HeyHey(f): 3:30pm On May 01, 2021
Please who knows about uk plantinum educational services?,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by opomulero(m): 3:54pm On May 01, 2021
lexychuks:
Please I'm looking to connect with students who are in University of Hull and also prospective students joining this September.

have you gotten there admission, how is the process like?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hustla(m): 4:12pm On May 01, 2021
justwise:

You need far more than 6K as maintenance money to get a visa, please read breakdown post by mimilyrics in the first page of this thread.

Yes you can travel with 6K for a start.

The instalment plan with the school is good but for you to meet that payment plan you have to earning at least £2400 a month....that is after taking away £1.600 you will have money left for rent, bills and feeding.

Now the question is..can you earn that much a month? Yes you can if you are doing 60hrs a week(including overtime) and earning at least £10 per hour.

So you should be looking for jobs like security, warehouse etc,..jobs that will give you more hours of work.

Will that 6K be extra extra sufficient enough for only one person?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Callmed: 4:27pm On May 01, 2021
shanga:
Please guys,what is the easiest way to pay for visa fee and ihs,was told we can no longer use our Nigeria master card to pay,please I need urgent reply cus I’m suppose to make payment this Monday.thank you
I was told the best way is to have a Dom account or use a family member or someone you know Dom account. Master card has a daily restriction of $100 while Dom account card is restricted to about $1500.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Queenbeloveth(f): 4:38pm On May 01, 2021
5loaves:

but I thought the mean
It simply means you can only use the statement after the money there is over 28 days. If the money you keep there for tuition balance and maintenance is not up to 28 days then you need to be patient for it to be, if the money is up to 28 days or over then you can print and go ahead with your visa application.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Queenbeloveth(f): 4:41pm On May 01, 2021
MrsJoycey1:
Please is it 28days or 28 working days?

28 days, weekend inclusive
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dopekidd(m): 4:54pm On May 01, 2021
Please who else applied to university of Wolverhampton, it's been 3 weeks and I haven't gotten a response from them

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.