Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,915 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (395) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1307832 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 1:52am On May 31, 2021
PurpleDN:
Good Morning, please when filling the visa application, the visa type is it ‘tier 4 (general student visa) Or Student?

Please which is appropriate. Thank you.

PurpleDN:

Can someone respond please

https://www.gov.uk/student-visa says: This visa has replaced the Tier 4 (General) student visa.

Overview

You can apply for a Student visa to study in the UK if you’re 16 or over and you:

have been offered a place on a course by a licensed student sponsor
have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course - the amount will vary depending on your circumstances
can speak, read, write and understand English
have consent from your parents if you’re 16 or 17 - you’ll need evidence of this when you apply

If you’re 16 or 17 and you want to study at an independent school in the UK, you may be eligible for a Child Student visa instead.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mzkolawole: 2:18am On May 31, 2021
[quote author=beeray1 post=102165232]Good afternoon,

I need your advice on something guys.

I travelled to Dubai in 2020 on a 3months tourist visa but I couldn’t travel back due to the lock down issue as flight were not moving from UAE to Nigeria, so I had to get a work permit and worked for 7months.

I’m applying for the UK student Visa today but there’s a session for travel history, how do I convince them that I travelled on a 3months tourist visa and I worked

And I hope this will not affect my application?[/quote

Have you submitted your application now? Did you do the TB test?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by richdopeboi: 2:23am On May 31, 2021
Just come clean explain it in your cover letter very detailed on.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by shanga(m): 3:00am On May 31, 2021
Guys please help this is urgent,Can an applicant be refused if he submit 32 days bank statement(29th March to 29th of April )?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ojasope1: 4:17am On May 31, 2021
Good morning seniors,

Please which day's exchange rate is used to calculate POF by UKVi,
1. date of submission of application?
Or
2. Date of biometric?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TheGuyFromHR: 4:48am On May 31, 2021
Ojasope1:
Good morning seniors,

Please which day's exchange rate is used to calculate POF by UKVi,
1. date of submission of application?
Or
2. Date of biometric?

No. 1.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ojasope1: 4:59am On May 31, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

No. 1.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TheGuyFromHR: 5:00am On May 31, 2021
shanga:
Guys please help this is urgent,Can an applicant be refused if he submit 32 days bank statement(29th March to 29th of April )?

No. You can submit a qualifying bank statement of longer than 28 days with no problem whatsoever. They'll count back 28 days from the last transaction on the statement, if any.

I think we've had this before, and its been answered. As an aside, since people here are planning to move to the UK to school, learn to research. A lot of the information we ask here is available for free on www.gov.uk, and trust me that carries more weight than any answer you get from random people on the internet, because you can always screenshot it and keep it for future reference, or cite it in a cover letter ("In line with point 4.2 blablabla of the Student Visa guidance, I've provided bank statements...."wink. That sort of thing shows the ECO you've done some homework

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 5:15am On May 31, 2021
I believe you are fine. The main concern is that the balance all through the 32 days should be sufficient for ur maintenance+tuition fee balance. In fact I always advise that people should print 30days and it has worked for them excellently.

shanga:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 5:18am On May 31, 2021
Bitter truth

TheGuyFromHR:

No. You can submit a qualifying bank statement of longer than 28 days with no problem whatsoever. They'll count back 28 days from the last transaction on the statement, if any.

I think we've had this before, and its been answered. As an aside, since people here are planning to move to the UK to school, learn to research. A lot of the information we ask here is available for free on www.gov.uk, and trust me that carries more weight than any answer you get from random people on the internet, [/b]because you can always screenshot it and keep it for future reference, or cite it in a cover letter ("[b]In line with point 4.2 blablabla of the Student Visa guidance, I've provided bank statements...."wink. That sort of thing shows the ECO you've done some homework

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by shanga(m): 6:15am On May 31, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

I think we've had this before, and its been answered. As an aside, since people here are planning to move to the UK to school, learn to research. A lot of the information we ask here is available for free on www.gov.uk, and trust me that carries more weight than any answer you get from random people on the internet, because you can always screenshot it and keep it for future reference, or cite it in a cover letter ("In line with point 4.2 blablabla of the Student Visa guidance, I've provided bank statements...."wink. That sort of thing shows the ECO you've done some homework

I do really appreciate your prompt response,I went through www.gov.uk,but just want to be sure . Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by shanga(m): 6:16am On May 31, 2021
scobyy2007:
I believe you are fine. The main concern is that the balance all through the 32 days should be sufficient for ur maintenance+tuition fee balance. In fact I always advise that people should print 30days and it has worked for them excellently.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by paparave: 7:06am On May 31, 2021
Good morning house,pls how long does it take for one account to be debited after the submission of form A in the bank.i have filled and submitted my form A for my tuition deposit about five days ago but the funds is still in my account.is it something i should be worried about?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Bossplaya1(m): 7:11am On May 31, 2021
paparave:
Good morning house,pls how long does it take for one account to be debited after the submission of form A in the bank.i have filled and submitted my form A for my tuition deposit about five days ago but the funds is still in my account.is it something i should be worried about?

Which bank is that??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 7:21am On May 31, 2021
paparave:
depending on the bank. however, they should have blocked the amount. the book balance should be different from the actual balance. check via online banking. this diff. should be evident. check and update us!!!

sometimes it takes like 2weeks for the actual debit.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ugomnaanny: 7:36am On May 31, 2021
Pls I want to ask, is it possible to start building mY acct without have any transaction for 28days then print statement and submit?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by esmeralda1(f): 7:47am On May 31, 2021
Good Morning house, Please i've been trying to book for my TB test, i was able to get a date in August but when it gets to my email verification it will spiral and show Appointment Schedule successful then end it with Error Encountered that I should contact the IOM office. Ive since been trying their numbers but they're all switched off.
Please is anyone experiencing this or what do I do, i heard they're not answering anyone that shows up at their office without an appointment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ibm08: 8:07am On May 31, 2021
I wil advise you to made your account be active or that period. It will not cost you anything flr you to run it..
Lastly, leave the money inside your account till the lady day of your visa.

ugomnaanny:
Pls I want to ask, is it possible to start building mY acct without have any transaction for 28days then print statement and submit?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ibm08: 8:07am On May 31, 2021
If you cant book.

Then, proceed to their office.. You will be attended to

esmeralda1:
Good Morning house, Please i've been trying to book for my TB test, i was able to get a date in August but when it gets to my email verification it will spiral and show Appointment Schedule successful then end it with Error Encountered that I should contact the IOM office. Ive since been trying their numbers but they're all switched off.
Please is anyone experiencing this or what do I do, i heard they're not answering anyone that shows up at their office without an appointment.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ugomnaanny: 8:12am On May 31, 2021
Ibm08:
I wil advise you to made your account be active or that period. It will not cost you anything flr you to run it..
Lastly, leave the money inside your account till the lady day of your visa. Ok thank you.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Aminess1: 8:16am On May 31, 2021
Please is there anyone that is currently at IOM office that can help me book a date in July ? Or any available number I can call? I’m in Eastern part of the country and the dates online is from August 26th which is very far for me because my course has started and my PoF will be ready by July first. Kindly help a sister. Pleaseeeeeee any date from June 26th to July 8th . Please helppppp and My God will bless you richly.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Aafulenu(f): 8:16am On May 31, 2021
Ayooze:

I dont know yet o. i am scared of where i cant see work to do and pay fees....so i have applied to their Birmingham campus hope they give me admission there it wont be fun like normal school but at least i can work normally and pay their fees. you can do it too to have options...

I already have admission from the Birmingham campus.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 8:17am On May 31, 2021
Hmm don't do that. Add like 10k buy stuff within the limit of that 10k. Do mini credit transactions around 2k to 5k

ugomnaanny:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by tifaniaj: 9:11am On May 31, 2021
scobyy2007:
Hmm don't do that. Add like 10k buy stuff within the limit of that 10k. Do mini credit transactions around 2k to 5k

Please am sorry, I don’t understand, I thought we’re not supposed to touch the money. Please can you explain better, thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Lheman: 9:21am On May 31, 2021
Thanks very much for your response. God bless you. Pls how can I get the Dollar Master Card?
scobyy2007:
I do not see Naira Master Card working due to $100 limitation

Try to get a Dollar Master Card instead or a friend with the card can help too. Though people have been saying something about Paga...not sure about that one.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 9:21am On May 31, 2021
yes dont touch the main money. just add like N10k do few transactions within the limit the N10k you addedd and you are concerned about taking out just add 500, 1000 or 2000....just ensure the account is active with few transactions...majorly credit transactions.

I hope u get the jive.

tifaniaj:

Please am sorry, I don’t understand, I thought we’re not supposed to touch the money. Please can you explain better, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by paparave: 9:22am On May 31, 2021
scobyy2007:

depending on the bank. however, they should have blocked the amount. the book balance should be different from the actual balance. check via online banking. this diff. should be evident. check and update us!!!

sometimes it takes like 2weeks for the actual debit.
alright,i will do that.thank you very much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 9:28am On May 31, 2021
Lheman:
Thanks very much for your response. God bless you. Pls how can I get the Dollar Master Card?

I'm not doing advert for GTBank but I have their dollar master card and it's working well.

So rush down to gtbank tell them u want a dom account with a dollar card. You can't have a dollar master card without a domiciliary account.

Please go with NIMC Slip or Driver's License, One Passport Photo and Utility Bill if you have. Hmnnn you will also need two references. Preferably GTB Current account owners.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Lheman: 9:31am On May 31, 2021
Good morning everyone, Pls if someone transfers a huge sum of money into my personal account, for instance, like today May31st, does it have to show in my bank statement? If NO, pls how can I get rid of this in the bank statement?
Your responses will be highly appreciated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Lheman: 9:33am On May 31, 2021
Thanks very much. I will do that.
scobyy2007:

I'm not doing advert for GTBank but I have their dollar master card and it's working well.

So rush down to gtbank tell them u want a dom account with a dollar card. You can't have a dollar master card with a domiciliary account.

Please go with NIMC Slip or Driver's License, One Passport Photo and Utility Bill if you have. Hmnnn you will also need two references. Preferably GTB Current account owners.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 9:36am On May 31, 2021
Well the only way is that when printing your statement for visa application print from 1st June 2021 to 30th June 2021

Lheman:
Good morning everyone, Pls if someone transfers a huge sum of money into my personal account, for instance, like today May31st, does it have to show in my bank statement? If NO, pls how can I get rid of this in the bank statement?
Your responses will be highly appreciated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by prissyllar: 9:41am On May 31, 2021
Pls can I use my partner’s account for the POF?
We’re both applying together and his account is more equipped for the sum

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.