Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (447) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1307697 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by prissyllar: 9:35am On Jun 12, 2021
Peoria98:
Hello Everyone, I'm still trying to get an unconditional offer from my school, Form A issue has seriously delayed this process for a month now. Pls do I still have time to meet the September intake or do I defer to January?

What bank did you apply for form A with?
Try faster banks
And move out your funds to the new account
Sterling, Wema, UBA, Eco etc
Are fast

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by efzbah: 9:36am On Jun 12, 2021

mentored:

if you mean a dependant visa

why use those documents?

i got the info below here

FOR DEPENDANTS
a. Spouses only: Marriage certificate.

b. Spouses and Children: Maintenance evidence: Bank statement showing £845 monthly * 9 months for within London or £680 monthly * 9 months for outside London. This must be in the account for at least 28 days; the end of the 28 days must not be older than 31 days before your application.

For dependant spouses, the money can be in your account or your partner's account.

For dependant children, the money can be in either parent's account.

c. Spouses and children: TB test certificate (From IOM only)

d. Your children only: Child(ren)'s birth certificate showing you as their parent.

e. Spouse or parent's Biometric Residence Permit if they are already in the UK, their vignette /GWF number if they have gotten their vignette but are still in Nigeria or if they are awaiting their application decision.

f. For spouses, you can include pictures of you and your spouse to prove that your marriage is genuine and subsisting or communication evidence (if you have lived apart prior to your application especially in cases where the spouse has travelled to the UK already).

g. For children only: consent letter signed by both parents or legal guardian. See sample here (edit as required): http://documents.manchester.ac.uk/display.aspx?DocID=29499

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/ssid/immigration/tier-4-application/supporting-documents#consent

h. Your passport.

i. IHS payment. No need to upload your IHS receipt as the payment is automatically linked to the application for which it was made.

Partner application link: https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-uk.homeoffice.gov.uk/sort/country-nationality/pbs_dependant_partner_out_uk?_ga=2.266335631.125829891.1608378020-1159481724.1592400843

Child dependant application link: https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-uk.homeoffice.gov.uk/sort/country-nationality/pbs_dependant_child_out_uk?_ga=2.27768124.125829891.1608378020-1159481724.1592400843

COSTS.
1. Visa fee: £348 . For further info, check on costs and requirements check https://www.gov.uk/student-visa

2. TB test fee: currently N57,800. Check for booking, cost, and updated information here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tuberculosis-test-for-a-uk-visa-clinics-in-nigeria/tuberculosis-testing-in-nigeria

3. IHS cost: Currently £470 for each year of your course plus £235 for the extra 4-6 months granted in addition to the duration of your course.
Calculate how much your IHS will cost here: https://www.immigration-health-surcharge.service.gov.uk/checker/type

4. Optional processing service fees. Check here for more info: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/visa-regulations-revised-table/2020
a. Priority: £220 (application processed, ideally, within 5 working days)
b. Super priority: £956 (application processed, ideally, within 24 hours)
c. For other value added services, check
https://pos.tlscontact.com/abv_en/added-value-services

NOTE: For single parents who want to travel with their under-18 child(ren) but not with the child(ren)'s other parent, you will need a death certificate, sole custody order or any other legal document that shows that the child(ren)'s other parent isn't in the picture anymore.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by KaiserOfGidi: 9:42am On Jun 12, 2021
bobogee007:
Pls anyone going for TB test on June 14?......My friend’s appointment is on 14th and is like there’s public holiday.

Do tell your friend to report on the same day(June 14th). I called IOM and a rep confirmed they will be working on June 14th because they are a United Nations organization and do not recognize any holiday on the 14th, so it’s business as usual for them .

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by aduomayebe: 9:58am On Jun 12, 2021
Does anybody have an idea how much is the tuition deposit for University of Wolves?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Optimally: 10:01am On Jun 12, 2021
prettytorlar:
Good morning. Is this really advisable? I mean counting 28days when CAS is yet to be issued... I'm asking this cz I heard it takes time to issue CAS sometimes.
you were thinking of how to make use of the time you have in your hand, if you've the funds, I mean if you own it and have access to it, then why not Lodge it for count down, also, CAS statement issuance duration depend on the school, some takes less than 1 week to issue cas

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Rhitar19: 10:13am On Jun 12, 2021
CheesyTee:
You can’t get tuition fee below £6,000 for international students. Especially for MSc. Social Work.

Social work is a 2yrs course. Hence, two years tuition will be required.

You can check University of Hull, their September 2021 fee for int’l applicants is same as UK/EU. Between £7,000-£9,000.

University of Teesside allow you pay £13,000 for a two-years course with discount of £1,000 or thereabout.

Liverpool hope MA Social Work is less than £6,000
Wolverhampton is less than £7,000
Kent is £10,300 and I was able to get a scholarship of £3,000 and so I will be paying £7,300

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Igbamatigbi: 10:20am On Jun 12, 2021
Mod why do you keep deleting my post?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Igbamatigbi: 10:24am On Jun 12, 2021
Someone ask about social work tuition and fees and I responded because I got an offer for social work in Liverpool hope university and you keep deleting my post.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hustla(m): 10:31am On Jun 12, 2021
27 people viewing this thread

All man wan abandon sinking ship or don abandon am

grin

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hustla(m): 10:32am On Jun 12, 2021
jtech17:

can I have access to binance app in the uk I'm on binance oo... I no wan japkpa come lost my funds oo due to change of IP address

You can always use a VPN and set the IP address to Nigeria
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 10:55am On Jun 12, 2021
No be joke grin
hustla:

grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Chizzy759831: 11:20am On Jun 12, 2021
A quick question please.

I applied for UK tourist visa from Ukraine last year November with reason being that they don't understand how I can be an undergraduate and still foot the bills. And they also do not understand how I arrived at the money.

Now, I want to go for MA program in the UK. My agent said I shouldn't mention to the school about this denial and I didnt. Is this a wrong step or I can still right it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by favourdamsel: 11:26am On Jun 12, 2021
Hello , please how is application fee paid to a university. Tried using my access bank visa card. It declined my payment.

Please how is application fee paid 145pounds?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Josh121(m): 11:33am On Jun 12, 2021
favourdamsel:
Hello , please how is application fee paid to a university. Tried using my access bank visa card. It declined my payment.

Please how is application fee paid 145pounds?

Which school
Is taking application fees ? Most of the Uk UNi I know don’t take application fee
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 11:49am On Jun 12, 2021
Chizzy759831:
A quick question please.

I applied for UK tourist visa from Ukraine last year November with reason being that they don't understand how I can be an undergraduate and still foot the bills. And they also do not understand how I arrived at the money.

Now, I want to go for MA program in the UK. My agent said I shouldn't mention to the school about this denial and I didnt. is this a wrong step or I can still right it?

If you are refused a visa because of the previous visa application your school will not refund your deposit because you withheld that info from them. So pray long and hard that you get the visa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Mindlog: 11:56am On Jun 12, 2021
hustla:

grin

How you take see the people? cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by jtech17: 11:56am On Jun 12, 2021
Regex:

You pretty much have access to it. But em, buying bitcoin in bulk may get your bank account frozen. You want to buy, buy em in bits.
Thanks bro... na in bits I dey buy b4... wu get money for bulk... but whats the range for the bits of bitcoin

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 11:56am On Jun 12, 2021
Fk1987:
Greetings gurus in the house, Pls I need candid advice..

In 2019 I applied for tourist visa through a desperate agent, here are they following he did on my uk data history. I wasn't married yet, he filled am married with a son dependent to make it look as if I have ties here, secondly he stated av been to south Africa and France but no fake stamp was on my passport, thirdly my parents and I wasn't bearing same surname, he has to use same surname with me to avoid surname discrepancy..
Finally I was denied visa but one of the reasons was immigration history and that the account statement wasn't genuine.

However, am legally married now and my wife is about to travel to UK with study route and I want to apply with her as dependent

Pls how can I go about it? @ justwise and other guru in the house, I need your candid advice. Thank you in anticipation.

Lets not blame only the agent here, he did it for you and you are part of the planning.

That said, you need to start unpacking the lies in your previous application and apologies for it, you can't afford to tell more lies on top of the previous lies.

This is the time to start cleaning up your bad immigration profile and set a clean record of yourself and the family. They can still refuse a visa even after telling the truth this time around but the good thing is that you have nothing else to hid again.

You can apply with your wife or allow her to apply first but the outcome will still be the same whether you applied together or alone because your cases will be treated separately.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by gboye2: 11:57am On Jun 12, 2021
Hello house. This forum has proven extremely informative for me throughout this process. Thanks to all the contributors. i've got admission to start in september and intending going with my wife. Currently filling out the application and i have a few questions.
1. After giving my spouse's details, a question asks if my she will travel with me to which I answer yes. Under the dependant section, should i still add her as a dependant?
2. We intend staying there with family for a bit before finding our own place. How do i represent this in the application. The application requires that you give specific details about everywhere you will stay and we dont have all that info yet. How do I represent this? Sure i've seen posts with some saying they used the school's address but i'm not sure about it.
3. Do we need to get police reports before travelling? Of what use is it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Regex: 12:04pm On Jun 12, 2021
jtech17:

Thanks bro... na in bits I dey buy b4... wu get money for bulk... but whats the range for the bits of bitcoin

If you can buy £500, that will be OK. Else, you risk being frozen.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hustla(m): 12:17pm On Jun 12, 2021
Mindlog:

How you take see the people? cheesy

For inside spirit grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hustla(m): 12:17pm On Jun 12, 2021
scobyy2007:
No be joke grin

grin

Country hard
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by bobogee007(m): 12:17pm On Jun 12, 2021
jtech17:

can I have access to binance app in the uk I'm on binance oo... I no wan japkpa come lost my funds oo due to change of IP address

You’re free to use your Binance anywhere expect where it was banned i.e US

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:21pm On Jun 12, 2021
Igbamatigbi:

Liverpool Hope is 5700 with 3 installments payment plan, it's closed for this year and application is done through UCAS

Did you make 2.1 or 2.2 ...... it seems a lot of these social works program have minimum of 2.1 , so wondering what of those with 2.2
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 12:24pm On Jun 12, 2021
Not good!!! We have seen on this platform where the consultant will help clients lie and still no visa....please truthfulness with these guys is the best...I repeat they have the resources and capability to check travel history with home office UKVI. If you can correct that please do now. Refusal is not a crime...we have seen someone on this platform with over 5 refusals and today he has his student visa intact.

My own opinion Ooooooo

Chizzy759831:
A quick question please.

Now, I want to go for MA program in the UK. My agent said I shouldn't mention to the school about this denial and I didnt. Is this a wrong step or I can still right it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Fk1987: 12:25pm On Jun 12, 2021
justwise:

Lets not blame only the agent here, he did it for you and you are part of the planning.

That said, you need to start unpacking the lies in your previous application and apologies for it, you can't afford to tell more lies on top of the previous lies.

This is the time to start cleaning up your bad immigration profile and set a clean record of yourself and the family. They can still refuse a visa even after telling the truth this time around but the good thing is that you have nothing else to hid again.

You can apply with your wife or allow her to apply first but the outcome will still be the same whether you applied together or alone because your cases will be treated separately.

Thanks you for ur information.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Yetunde62: 12:33pm On Jun 12, 2021
Ademikeye:
I will be attending UWE also
I am going to UWE

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by femredhead: 12:36pm On Jun 12, 2021
IAMSYLVIA:

May 17th

I applied on 11th,no decision uptill now.
What course?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Igbamatigbi: 1:00pm On Jun 12, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Did you make 2.1 or 2.2 ...... it seems a lot of these social works program have minimum of 2.1 , so wondering what of those with 2.2

Yes I have 2.1 I don't know if other schools accept 2.2 for social work but Liverpool Hope only accept 2.1 you can try University of Stirling they accept 2.2 though a bit on the high side with 7 instalments payment plan . Their Social work admissions are still on for now.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Tobexin(m): 1:13pm On Jun 12, 2021
Fk1987:
Greetings gurus in the house, Pls I need candid advice..

In 2019 I applied for tourist visa through a desperate agent, here are they following he did on my uk data history. I wasn't married yet, he filled am married with a son dependent to make it look as if I have ties here, secondly he stated av been to south Africa and France but no fake stamp was on my passport, thirdly my parents and I wasn't bearing same surname, he has to use same surname with me to avoid surname discrepancy..
Finally I was denied visa but one of the reasons was immigration history and that the account statement wasn't genuine.

However, am legally married now and my wife is about to travel to UK with study route and I want to apply with her as dependent

Pls how can I go about it? @ justwise and other guru in the house, I need your candid advice. Thank you in anticipation.

Based on that highlighted part it means you have been banned probably for 10 years or more. If that last application is more than 10 years you are good to good but if not no chance for you. Account statement forgery is a very big case.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by IAMSYLVIA: 1:14pm On Jun 12, 2021
femredhead:

I applied on 11th,no decision uptill now.
What course?

Human resource management

It’s best you write to them
I used Ukeas as my agent as well though

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.