Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,320 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1308607 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by thisischarles: 10:02pm On Jun 12, 2021
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by dejiru: 10:06pm On Jun 12, 2021
Hello house did anybody apply to university of stirling here? How long did it take to get an offer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Happyfellow147: 10:07pm On Jun 12, 2021
Hello everyone,
My husband and I plan to migrate through the study route next year.
He has a recent law degree while I am a Chartered Accountant in Nigeria with over 6 years experience.
Here's my question, should he apply for masters while join as a dependant so I can work full hours as I heard audit and accounting are in high demand or should I apply while he's the dependant?
Assuming he goes first, and doesn't get an employer to sponsor him after his two years Pgwp expires, can I apply for masters to extend our stay?
Can any of us travel out of the UK during our study period?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Yemolu: 10:20pm On Jun 12, 2021
Okay. Thanks

Samadhii:

I applied for Commonwealth shared scholarship. I didn't get the scholarship but the nominating University offered me another scholarship.

University of Chester

I also applied for Transform Together Scholarship
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by skyfaze(m): 10:20pm On Jun 12, 2021
Hello guys please I need your help. I have offer from University of Hertfordshire and Anglia Ruskin university (Cambridge campus ) Same course for September intake. Please I need a suggestion on the one to choose in terms of Student jobs and cost of living.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Peoria98: 10:33pm On Jun 12, 2021
prissyllar:

What bank did you apply for form A with?
Try faster banks
And move out your funds to the new account
Sterling, Wema, UBA, Eco etc
Are fast

Access... Thank you. I think I'll do that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Peoria98: 10:39pm On Jun 12, 2021
Optimally:
yes you still have time, one thing you can do while waiting is if your funds is readily available, you can Lodge it now for 28days count, so that wen admission comes and you pay tuition deposit if applicable, then you wouldn't need to wait for like a month again counting 28 days, you will just send statement for CAS issuance of POF is a requirement to get cash with your school, also you can do TB test and if you happen to get offer for another school other than the one you use for the TB test, then you can go and reprint TB certificate to reflect your offer school, Tuition deposit, TB and 28 days count are the time consuming process most times

Okay. Thank you... IOM Lagos office is booked till September. The earliest date I could find yesterday was Aug 3rd, Abuja branch
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Kem2020: 10:46pm On Jun 12, 2021
IAMSYLVIA:

May 17th

Pls what course? I applied May 7th and haven’t heard back.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by shadlyblinks: 10:50pm On Jun 12, 2021
Samadhii:

I applied for Commonwealth shared scholarship. I didn't get the scholarship but the nominating University offered me another scholarship.

University of Chester

I also applied for Transform Together Scholarship

Hello, I also applied to Chester.how long did they take to get back to you please and were you automatically considered for the scholarships or you applied??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by shadlyblinks: 10:52pm On Jun 12, 2021
Happyfellow147:
Hello everyone,
He has a recent law degree while I am a Chartered Accountant in Nigeria with over 6 years experience.
Here's my question, should he apply for masters while join as a dependant so I can work full hours as I heard audit and accounting are in high demand or should I apply while he's the dependant?
Assuming he goes first, and doesn't get an employer to sponsor him after his two years Pgwp expires, can I apply for masters to extend our stay?

Yes sure. You can. It gives you an extension. But each person can only apply for PGWP one in a life time. So when that expires, you can apply for your masters, then PGWP and get extra years
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by jamesobedbaisel: 10:58pm On Jun 12, 2021
Fk1987:

I have not been banned bro.. I was denied visa. If am banned it will be stated on my denial letter.

They don’t until your next application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by efzbah: 10:59pm On Jun 12, 2021
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by efzbah: 11:06pm On Jun 12, 2021

[quote .

[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Fk1987: 12:07am On Jun 13, 2021
jamesobedbaisel:

They don’t until your next application.

Brother is that ur prayer or what? God forbid, it won't be my portion. Amen.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Hanoon: 2:34am On Jun 13, 2021
I'm yet to get an offer letter from Glasgow Caledonian University. I applied April 14th, and no response yet. I hope I'm not alone?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Happyfellow147: 3:29am On Jun 13, 2021
Thank you
We are actually considering who should apply first to give us an edge
Hubby is going for LLM
My thinking is that with my ACCA certificate, i can get a decent job working full time while he studies.
That way, we'd be able to make some money to support his schooling and our living expenses.
If I come first, I don't know what chances he has at getting a job with a law degree.
He may end up doing minimum wage job and that may not be able to support both of us
shadlyblinks:

Yes sure. You can. It gives you an extension. But each person can only apply for PGWP one in a life time. So when that expires, you can apply for your masters, then PGWP and get extra years

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 4:13am On Jun 13, 2021
Happyfellow147:
Thank you
We are actually considering who should apply first to give us an edge
Hubby is going for LLM
My thinking is that with my ACCA certificate, i can get a decent job working full time while he studies.
That way, we'd be able to make some money to support his schooling and our living expenses.
If I come first, I don't know what chances he has at getting a job with a law degree.
He may end up doing minimum wage job and that may not be able to support both of us

He should be the main applicant, while you be the dependant since he's still fresh from school, plus you will be able to work full time. I'd advise you do certification courses (In the UK) to increase your chances of getting a good paying job.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nkemakolam122(m): 6:32am On Jun 13, 2021
Please I am new on this trend, I want to apply for a school in the UK, but I need a school that accepts 2.2 and 6.0 IELTS score someone should help a brother either for pgd or masters programs
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Happyfellow147: 7:02am On Jun 13, 2021
Thank you very much
shoyemiayodeji:

He should be the main applicant, while you be the dependant since he's still fresh from school, plus you will be able to work full time. I'd advise you do certification courses (In the UK) to increase your chances of getting a good paying job.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Brimmie(m): 7:05am On Jun 13, 2021
Nkemakolam122:
Please I am new on this trend, I want to apply for a school in the UK, but I need a school that accepts 2.2 and 6.0 IELTS score someone should help a brother either for pgd or masters programs

You don’t really need to write IELTS to apply. You can apply to most schools in the UK with your WAEC - so far you have at least C6 in English Language.

Sheffield Hallam University
Bournemouth University
London Metropolitan University
Teesside University
University of Essex
University of Salford
University of South Wales
University of Sunderland
University of Sussex
University of Hull

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Samadhii(m): 7:19am On Jun 13, 2021
shadlyblinks:

Hello, I also applied to Chester.how long did they take to get back to you please and were you automatically considered for the scholarships or you applied??
Less than 3 weeks.. I applied for the first one
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hustla(m): 7:22am On Jun 13, 2021
Happyfellow147:
Hello everyone,

I don't know about the other Qs but you can travel out of the UK during your study period

People even apply for schengen visa as I have seen on YouTube

Check chidera Peters on YouTube for that part, she explained the process

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by IAMSYLVIA: 7:27am On Jun 13, 2021
Hanoon:
I'm yet to get an offer letter from Glasgow Caledonian University. I applied April 14th, and no response yet. I hope I'm not alone?

Write to them o
I applied May 20th or so and I got a conditional offer from them

Though I won’t be going there anymore as I also got from Teesside
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by IAMSYLVIA: 7:28am On Jun 13, 2021
Kem2020:

Pls what course? I applied May 7th and haven’t heard back.

Human resource management

Write to them

Africa@tees.ac.uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Lake56: 7:32am On Jun 13, 2021
Good morning All, please is it compulsory to submit a personal statement when applying for visa, I don't have anything extra to say.

Secondly, if you have US visa denial letter (214b), kindly send a clear copy to me.Its needed in school before CAS issuance.
Thank you. I misplaced mine
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dayo1980: 7:40am On Jun 13, 2021
Good Family,
I have been trying to book appointment online but it keeps login me out when I want to download appointment details. Pls I need your assistance.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by OMOLOLA2017(f): 8:11am On Jun 13, 2021
Good morning All. Got admission for september, for visa application can we all apply together? family of three. Or we wait for the visa issuance of the main applicant, before the two dependents apply for visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by daholiest(m): 8:15am On Jun 13, 2021
Good morning please I would want to ask you some questions. I sent you a mail

Dayo1980:
Good Family,
I have been trying to book appointment online but it keeps login me out when I want to download appointment details. Pls I need your assistance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by emmyvet(m): 8:22am On Jun 13, 2021
IAMSYLVIA:

Write to them o
I applied May 20th or so and I got a conditional offer from them

Though I won’t be going there anymore as I also got from Teesside

Please how long did it take Teesside to get back to you after application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Afromane: 8:25am On Jun 13, 2021
Dayo1980:
Good Family,

Try booking another date/time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by cedar3: 8:31am On Jun 13, 2021
kayLion:

I went to their office in Lagos, it seems the website is not OK for now cos a lot of people were there also with the same complaints. Anyways, we filled a form and they gave us a date. They said we would get a mail confirming our appointment and if we didn't get any mail, we should just come on our appointed date, they would use the form we filled to cross-check our names.
Exactly what I'll do, thank you so much.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dharmzy370: 8:47am On Jun 13, 2021
MissOwaa:
Please can I use up to 3 accounts in different currencies for POf? I have two domicillary accounts and my naira account.

I don't know about 3, I only know you can use two

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.