Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (546) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1307558 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ojasope1: 11:07am On Jul 02, 2021
olori101:
The Visa finally came. It won't fair if I don't share my experience here.

Bio-metrics- 22nd June
Collection message - 30th June
Priority Service

Coventry here I come............

Congratulations, I am so happy for you, I have been following your case. Glory be to God that it ended in praise.

8 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TobyTreasure: 11:11am On Jul 02, 2021
rollykotex:

There's no January oo. I cant afford to wait another year. I have decided to choose another course, i hope i don't get to write another personal statement. Thanks for your kind thoughts

Someone switched from EDUCATION LEADERSHIP to EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT and they asked him to write another personal statement. So, just get your pen and paper ready for another PS should incase.
(Not HULL)

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Kingp91: 11:14am On Jul 02, 2021
What do you want to know?
Aminess1:
Good day house, I want to start filling my visa application form now , please is there anyone I can call to put me through all the way? Please .

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 11:15am On Jul 02, 2021
Josh121:

There was a lot of typo, all I meant was someone was refused visa in October but while filling UK visa form September was filled in instead of October . I just want to know if that will be a problem . Note the year was filled in correctly

I don't think this will be a prob
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ab7890: 11:28am On Jul 02, 2021
olori101:

Bio-metrics- 22nd June
Priority Service

I am a January intake that was denied visa in February because my sponsor did not reply to the confirmation email sent to them( God factor). The God factor set in because I thought I can not be denied because I am a state sponsored student but God showed me his existence. Someone from the chief of staff office saw the email from the embassy but decided to look away because she thought the letter is not genuine.

The school decided to issue me a new CAS after a new letter of introduction was issued by the said state government. In all I give God the glory.

Congrats!!! Super happy for you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Optimally: 11:38am On Jul 02, 2021
God is still in the business of doing wonders
olori101:

Bio-metrics- 22nd June
Priority Service

I am a January intake that was denied visa in February because my sponsor did not reply to the confirmation email sent to them( God factor). The God factor set in because I thought I can not be denied because I am a state sponsored student but God showed me his existence. Someone from the chief of staff office saw the email from the embassy but decided to look away because she thought the letter is not genuine.

The school decided to issue me a new CAS after a new letter of introduction was issued by the said state government. In all I give God the glory.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by aragbaboy: 11:40am On Jul 02, 2021
Congratulations

olori101:

Bio-metrics- 22nd June
Priority Service

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Amylew: 11:47am On Jul 02, 2021
olori101:

Bio-metrics- 22nd June
Priority Service

Wow. I remember your worry when the "not straightforward" mail came. I am so happy for you that your good news came.
Were you interviewed ?
Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mattfeuter(m): 11:50am On Jul 02, 2021
PrechyJoe:
Good Morning,

Hope you are all doing well,

I am worried about my application and I decided to check in with you guys. @justwise, please help out.
I made an application on the 29th of June(priority) but I got an email yesterday saying that my application isn’t straightforward.

I made application with my Two dependents, I have been to the Uk once and also been to Schengen area couple of times.

In my last visa application to the Uk, I didn’t include one of my dependents because as at that time, she wasn’t financially dependent on me as she was staying with her older sister, so I didn’t add her as my dependents and also didn’t travel with her as at that time. I don’t know if this is the reason to why my application is on hold.

Also I have been denied an American visa.
Please can you guys give me any advice on how to follow through.

Another question, when one receives this kind of mail, do they call the person? And how long do I normally need to wait before I get a response considering I paid for priority.

Relax.

Ukvi will advise you on the next step after getting the not straight forward mail. Sometimes you can be called for interview and sometimes they won’t call you. I’ve seen cases where folks get the deferred complex mail and still got their visas even without a call.

In the meantime, do your homework and prepare for interview.

Stop worrying, it’ll end in praise.

In the words of naira Marley, “Ma Fo” grin

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by May97: 11:52am On Jul 02, 2021
Hi house, please how much does a priority student visa cost and how much does standard visa cost.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Josh121(m): 11:53am On Jul 02, 2021
justwise:

I don't think this will be a prob

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by jerryemwanta: 12:00pm On Jul 02, 2021
gboye2:
Which visa application centre did you use?

I made use of Lagos Ikeja, TLS.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 12:01pm On Jul 02, 2021
PrechyJoe:
Good Morning,

Hope you are all doing well,

I am worried about my application and I decided to check in with you guys. @justwise, please help out.
I made an application on the 29th of June(priority) but I got an email yesterday saying that my application isn’t straightforward.

I made application with my Two dependents, I have been to the Uk once and also been to Schengen area couple of times.

In my last visa application to the Uk, I didn’t include one of my dependents because as at that time, she wasn’t financially dependent on me as she was staying with her older sister, so I didn’t add her as my dependents and also didn’t travel with her as at that time. I don’t know if this is the reason to why my application is on hold.

Also I have been denied an American visa.
Please can you guys give me any advice on how to follow through.

Another question, when one receives this kind of mail, do they call the person? And how long do I normally need to wait before I get a response considering I paid for priority.

That is normal, if they couldn't process your application within settime you will receive that email

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Amylew: 12:02pm On Jul 02, 2021
AAO7:

The UK has grouped countries into zones and different zones have different requirements. The zones are Green, Red and Amber and they have various requirements
Nigeria is on the Amber list and for countries on the Amber list are required to do a day 2 & day 8 covid test on arrival into the UK.

These test are offered by so so many providers and can be sold individually and more often as a package.

To get a list of the different providers please check https://www.find-travel-test-provider.service.gov.uk/test-type/amber

Many thanks for this. I really appreciate seeing cheaper options.

The one I paid in March was 170 pounds each for 2 people.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Spunedy: 12:10pm On Jul 02, 2021
Spunedy:
Hello buddies.... Advise please... Did my biometrics on the 22nd of June.... And it's already 1st of July.. (Priority) been tracking my application and its still saying (received by DMC)... Please the tension is rising dramatically.. What would you advise?

I intend calling the UKVI. OR DO I WAIT IT'S 10 DAYS TODAY.. I'M REALLY WORRIED.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by PrechyJoe: 12:13pm On Jul 02, 2021
justwise:

Alright! Thank you very much.

Do you know how long it might take for me to hear from them? Sorry I am just a bit shaky.

That is normal, if they couldn't process your application within settime you will receive that email
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Kingp91: 12:14pm On Jul 02, 2021
I saw a post about day five test and that allows me to move around but I have to still do test 8. I just clicked the link and saw really cheap test kits, is that the cost for just one day?
AAO7:

The UK has grouped countries into zones and different zones have different requirements. The zones are Green, Red and Amber and they have various requirements
Nigeria is on the Amber list and for countries on the Amber list are required to do a day 2 & day 8 covid test on arrival into the UK.

These test are offered by so so many providers and can be sold individually and more often as a package.

To get a list of the different providers please check https://www.find-travel-test-provider.service.gov.uk/test-type/amber
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Orofun1: 12:28pm On Jul 02, 2021
Congratulations
olori101:

Bio-metrics- 22nd June
Priority Service

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Angelswt(f): 12:33pm On Jul 02, 2021
Awesome!
Congratulations!

olori101:

Bio-metrics- 22nd June
Priority Service

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Swizken9: 12:33pm On Jul 02, 2021
Spunedy:

I intend calling the UKVI. OR DO I WAIT IT'S 10 DAYS TODAY.. I'M REALLY WORRIED.

I was in your shoes up until yesterday when I got the collection mail. So relax, your goodnews is on the way

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Sholabass: 12:35pm On Jul 02, 2021
justwise:

Please @justwise help me here little advice
My sister wants to send me an iv to come visit her in the uk...she will definitely sponsor the trip but what I don’t know is , will I also
Present my account statement since she is presenting hers as the sponsor and will my present account balance count?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Spunedy: 12:36pm On Jul 02, 2021
Swizken9:

I was in your shoes up until yesterday when I got the collection mail. So relax, your goodnews is on the way

The tension is just mad... Person no go fit chop food with good mind.. But I'm being optimistic and depending on God's grace.. Thanks for the encouragement.. How long did yours take

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Swizken9: 12:40pm On Jul 02, 2021
Spunedy:

The tension is just mad... Person no go fit chop food with good mind.. But I'm being optimistic and depending on God's grace.. Thanks for the encouragement.. How long did yours take

This is so true, I think my blood pressure was high all through. So my application was standard and was due on the 25th of june (friday). I ended up getting my Visa after 6 extra days which was yesterday. Those six days was hell. So give them till today or monday.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Spunedy: 12:51pm On Jul 02, 2021
Swizken9:

This is so true, I think my blood pressure was high all through. So my application was standard and was due on the 25th of june (friday). I ended up getting my Visa after 6 extra days which was yesterday. Those six days was hell. So give them till today or monday.

OK bro.. It's well. Make I just dey patience.. Person fit get hbp oo � � �

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AAO7(f): 1:10pm On Jul 02, 2021
Kingp91:
I saw a post about day five test and that allows me to move around but I have to still do test 8. I just clicked the link and saw really cheap test kits, is that the cost for just one day?

Day 5 is a test to release. You’ll pay extra for that apart from the day 2 & day 8 price.
Also many of the cheap test are sold out. It’s not too early to book if you’ve confirmed travel dates for this month or early next.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AAO7(f): 1:11pm On Jul 02, 2021
olori101:

Bio-metrics- 22nd June
Priority Service

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ifeoluwadamilol: 1:18pm On Jul 02, 2021
Congratulations, all glory be to God. I’m so happy for you.
olori101:

Bio-metrics- 22nd June
Priority Service

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Awhyxlim(m): 1:22pm On Jul 02, 2021
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by PistolPete: 1:23pm On Jul 02, 2021
Visa alert
Biometrics - 17th June (Standard) Abuja
Collection email- 1st July

22 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Keji3: 1:28pm On Jul 02, 2021
Good afternoon good people, anybody with idea of Middlesex University’s installment plans? Also how along after acceptance of offer do i have to pay my deposit? Thanks guys
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ojasope1: 1:34pm On Jul 02, 2021
PistolPete:
Visa alert
Biometrics - 17th June (Standard) Abuja
Collection email- 1st July

Congratulations
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by jerryemwanta: 1:36pm On Jul 02, 2021
Spunedy:

I understand you practically. I know how you feel right now. But let's be patient till Monday, if there isn't any change then you can email ukvi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.