Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (576) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1309047 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Macjazzy: 1:44pm On Jul 08, 2021
Ahh, thank you so much

Josh121:

Email the school to give you account details , if you use flywire no matter the payment options the will charge you black market rate. Get bank details from your school and do form A
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by OSCARTM: 1:53pm On Jul 08, 2021
Josh121:

Email the school to give you account details , if you use flywire no matter the payment options the will charge you black market rate. Get bank details from your school and do form A

This is totally false about flywire; paying with international transfer option using form A, your bank will credit them in GBP, while flywire adds their charges(usually around GBP18) to the total on the payment instruction.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 1:53pm On Jul 08, 2021
Congratulations

pinkasso:
Visa alert! Visa alert!

Application date: 28/06/2021
Biometrics date: 30/06/3021
Application transfered to UKVI : 30/06/2021
Call from the UKVI office: 1/07/2021
Collection mail: 05/07/2021
Collection from DHL: 06/07/2021
Intake: September
Type: Priority
Visa refusal: UK student visa 2009 declared

Thank you guys for all your contribution, Nairaland is indeed a blessing to us all. Nah my spouse own remain now...

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Mckayzee(m): 1:54pm On Jul 08, 2021
Hello Everyone,

Can I use oanda conversion rate for the dollar equivalence of the visa fee and IHS surcharge ?

Is that the exchange rate used ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by OSCARTM: 1:54pm On Jul 08, 2021
Cynosure95:

Which bank please

Zenith, but banks maintain similar rates.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Jenfargo: 1:57pm On Jul 08, 2021
I have just read some awful reviews of the company on Trust Pilot. I honestly don't think I'll be taking a loan anymore.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/futurefinance.com?stars=1

L0rdRahl:

I am trying to reach you via PM. Have some questions too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AAO7(f): 2:01pm On Jul 08, 2021
bivoprad:
Good morning house,
Please, has anyone flown Qatar airways from London to Nigeria recently?....was there any problem encountered or Qatar airways is good to go
Please, someone should respond cry

Qatar is on the red list. I think they’re suspended in the Uk for now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Tolvin: 2:02pm On Jul 08, 2021
Paid £2000 and 1,150,722.80 naira was debited from my account. Rate would be £575.36
Schoolhike:

What was the rate please??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by emmiedammie: 2:14pm On Jul 08, 2021
pinkasso:
A lady called me from the UKVI office number starts with +27 ...when I saw the number I knew it was from them and I was in a bus so everybody was listening to our conversation...fear no let me reject the call...there is a case were an applicant was denied as he was inaccessible...the questions were like
(1). What is the maiden name of your spouse?
(2). She asked about were I will be staying in the UK nd I explained the address I used was the address of my school
(3). Were will you quarantine when you get to the UK ? I answered by saying "in the hotel"....next I heard was whao.... although I think Nigeria students are not expected to quarantine...
Then she said if I have further questions I will send you an email (politely)....after the conversation when I looked back everybody was attentive infact driver don reduce the car stereo....I was in transit on that day...lol!!�

I just want to learn, while being asked where you will quarantine, could you have said you will stay in your sister's place in another city?

Will this be acceptable?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Josh121(m): 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2021
OSCARTM:

This is totally false about flywire; paying with international transfer option using form A, your bank will credit them in GBP, while flywire adds their charges(usually around GBP18) to the total on the payment instruction.

I have used flywire before with my international bank account , I was debited in black market rate so I don’t know the false you talking about

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Bukolami22(f): 2:28pm On Jul 08, 2021
Send the the info page of your international passport ,they will reply after 4days
Macjazzy:
Hello again, I have been calling and emailing Lagos IOM for some days now and no luck, I am trying to get. TB test date, any suggestions please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by pinkasso: 2:49pm On Jul 08, 2021
I guess the 55pounds did some magic....and yes it was delivered to my location...even without tracking details .. someone just called me and said ..." I'm close to so so so and so place , please where do you live, I gave the man from DHL the description and boom he was in front of my house before I even drop the call....it can only be God.
Amylew:

Lol. I can imagine the scenario. Everybody in the bus don hear say you dey go UK but I bet nobody will have the courage to ask you.
Lol at driver reducing car stereo. When he no wan chop slap from back. The passengers sef go gather slap am.
grin

You are right VI seems to be faster in some little ways.
Maybe it's the 55 pounds talking.
Was the DHL delivered to Benin?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by shadlyblinks: 2:56pm On Jul 08, 2021
Bukolami22:
Send the the info page of your international passport ,they will reply after 4days

Also explain why you want a closer date, you can send your offer letter too. I did this and they responded with an earlier date after 5 days

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by lincolnsnowhite: 2:56pm On Jul 08, 2021
pls I want to book appointment for Tuberculosis Test, but I was asked Family Members. I’m the only one to apply, should I pick number 1? Pls I’m a novice
Also no date available for Lagos via mymedical.iom.int

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by pinkasso: 2:59pm On Jul 08, 2021
Well I can't be too sure of that answer because the whole purpose of quarantine in the first place is to make sure you don't have the virus before you can mingle with the populace ..... I gave that answer because I believe if people are expected to quarantine the government normally have designated hotels were you will be expected to quarantine....I think it usually 1,800 pounds or so ...but I don't think Nigerian students expected to quarantine.... except maybe they transit through countries with high covid risk.....this is just my humble opinion I may not be entirely correct...
emmiedammie:

I just want to learn, while being asked where you will quarantine, could you have said you will stay in your sister's place in another city?

Will this be acceptable?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by OSCARTM: 3:02pm On Jul 08, 2021
Josh121:

I have used flywire before with my international bank account , I was debited in black market rate so I don’t know the false you talking about

Did you select international transfer option and paid with form A?

The Bank is paying the GBP value provided by flywire on behalf of the school, while the rate is determined by the Bank. If you were debited at black market rate using this option, the issue is with your bank and not flywire.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by pinkasso: 3:04pm On Jul 08, 2021
Yes you can....but I will prefer you ask your questions here so others can learn..thanks
elleven45:
Please can I dm you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by jamesobedbaisel: 3:31pm On Jul 08, 2021
My bank confirmed to Teesside University that my account is Authentic. Still waiting for CAS though. My question is how many days does it take to get your after confirmation from the bank.
To those who have already gotten theirs.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by slutky: 3:37pm On Jul 08, 2021
Hello House, please I need help. I mistakenly paid for TLS assisted service in Abuja instead of VI since I stay in VI. My plan was to do walk-in VI. How do I go about it I still have my cash with me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by babavick(f): 3:46pm On Jul 08, 2021
5 working days after bank has confirmed

jamesobedbaisel:
My bank confirmed to Teesside University that my account is Authentic. Still waiting for CAS though. My question is how many days does it take to get your after confirmation from the bank.
To those who have already gotten theirs.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by jamesobedbaisel: 4:10pm On Jul 08, 2021
babavick:

Okay.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Bokidiaye: 4:25pm On Jul 08, 2021
My own has passed 1week now no reply instead they said they're processing high volume so they can't give specific time
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Bokidiaye: 4:27pm On Jul 08, 2021
[quote author=babavick post=103501091]5 working days after bank has confirmed

[Mine has passed 1week no response]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by elleven45(m): 4:32pm On Jul 08, 2021
Like to dm you
Liddy:

1st of July.
Ikeja TLS and it’s Priority.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Preshyi: 4:33pm On Jul 08, 2021
Nigeria is on the amber list and therefore we are expected to quarantine but at a place of your choice rather than a designated facility. So yes a person can quarantine at home or with friends and family See the excerpt from uk gov website.
pinkasso:
Well I can't be too sure of that answer because the whole purpose of quarantine in the first place is to make sure you don't have the virus before you can mingle with the populace ..... I gave that answer because I believe if people are expected to quarantine the government normally have designated hotels were you will be expected to quarantine....I think it usually 1,800 pounds or so ...but I don't think Nigerian students expected to quarantine.... except maybe they transit through countries with high covid risk.....this is just my humble opinion I may not be entirely correct...

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Bokidiaye: 4:34pm On Jul 08, 2021
babavick:

Mine is over 5days no response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by stunning4real: 4:40pm On Jul 08, 2021
lincolnsnowhite:
pls I want to book appointment for Tuberculosis Test, but I was asked Family Members. I’m the only one to apply, should I pick number 1? Pls I’m a novice
Also no date available for Lagos via mymedical.iom.int

Thanks
yes pick 1

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Liddy: 4:57pm On Jul 08, 2021
elleven45:
Like to dm you
I have responded
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Glass123: 4:59pm On Jul 08, 2021
Prisscindy:
Hi,

Please did anyone recently have an interview with University of Wolverhampton for Social Work?

Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by toaldoe: 5:01pm On Jul 08, 2021
Hi Tolvin,

I think you can use your account officer to fast track your telex.

Please at what exchange rate was the transfer done and how much was the processing charge?

Tolvin:
Hi Guys,

I paid my tuition fees deposit via bank transfer with FCMB Form A on Monday and I was debited yesterday.

How long does it take to receive a telex please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Idaytesj29(m): 5:15pm On Jul 08, 2021
Tynnah:

I applied june 13 and received that mail too...my patience is really growing thin by the day

My brother just got a conditional offer, I believe we will still get our admission but might be early August. So we will have little time to gather documents and likes.

We may likely need to ask for extended time to process our visas

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.