Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,295 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (610) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1301688 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 5:50am On Jul 15, 2021
lajumberg:

When did you submit your application and which date did you get for your appointment?

Yesterday. Got 26th
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by shegzy80: 6:09am On Jul 15, 2021
Is it by email or phone call and hope the bank always discloses the ledger balance as well

perisabc:
Says who? UKVI do ask for opening and closing balances.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 6:17am On Jul 15, 2021
perisabc:
Why not just wait till July 26 than wasting #42,000?

The whole visa process is monotonous. And I'm already tired. Even if it's 100 bucks I'll pay to get it done with once and for all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by angelss813(f): 6:27am On Jul 15, 2021
Good morning to all Nairaland family.

Please kindly explain the Walk in process,
Is it after choosing self service before I will go for the walk in? Please I need your explanation and anyone can also help me. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by teewaik: 6:36am On Jul 15, 2021
Sorry bro, what exactly i am using in the VI facility, Is it something I can do myself...
fetomowo:
It is not for walk-in. You pay 42,000 naira for each member of your family for the Walk-in service. This is for your Biometrics. The GBP 55 is for Using the VI facility. It's called the MUP fee, you pay that along with your visa application fee, it is also charged per head.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by prittygift114: 6:45am On Jul 15, 2021
Good morning guys. Please my hubby is about helping his brother on a study visa to UK since that is where he insisted on going.

However, we wouldn't want to use any agent of any kind..

Can gurus please help me on how much he might be needing for an undergraduate degree and school name. He is 26 years old. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by angelss813(f): 6:55am On Jul 15, 2021
[quote author=dupsydooo post=103720511]Good morning everyone....
Please I want to ask if we can apply as a family
Or my husband apply first then others apply few weeks after??

Please advise me.......I'm confused bec I don't understand the chances.

Don't be confused Sister, if you can read/scroll up, you will read about family of five that has gotten their Visa, they applied together.
If you and your husband have the funds, I adviced you to apply together but if the funds will not be enough, let the applicant apply first.
I see this last option very stressful.

My own suggestions

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Liddy: 6:56am On Jul 15, 2021
nattty:
Hello everyone, I have few questions bothering me to ask, kindly answer them for me if you can.

1. Is it necessary the fund in my account stays still after my application has be decided on? Because I heard UK embassy do call the bank to confirm if the fund is still there during decision making but i thought my information with the bank should be confidential?
2. How flexible is it for me to get a walk in by Friday 16th?

Awaiting replies and answers.
Thanks and regards good people.
In answering your number 1 question, well by agreeing to UKVI terms and conditions which include verification of the documents used in your application you have given them access and your consent to screen the hell outta you including your closing balance with your financial institution. Don’t be too sure that they won’t check your balance. I saw a refusal letter for May start whereby the person pulled out the funds and he was fished out. Play your ball well.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 7:04am On Jul 15, 2021
no implication

go ahead (No)

Incognit0:

thanks for the reply. unfortunately, i dont have a NIN, do i go ahead to click "NO" ? does this come with any implication?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by marztar(m): 7:13am On Jul 15, 2021
angelss813:

Is it after choosing self service before I will go for the walk in? Please I need your explanation and anyone can also help me. Thanks
Good morning, pls do you have any update on MMU CAS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by K4daniel: 7:21am On Jul 15, 2021
angelss813:

Please kindly explain the Walk process,
Is it after choosing self-service before I will go for the walk-in? Please I need your explanation and anyone can also help me. Thanks

Walk-in means you probably have already booked a date which is very far from your application on either Ikeja tls or vi and you are not satisfied you want your appointment now, you wish to walk in by going there early write your ref and name. This is for Either self-service or assisted whichever you selected when filling your appointment form online. So just walk to the centre you already picked at the application and write down your reference number and name, for Ikeja it's complicated enough people due to the rushing period, I heard some people do go as early as 2 am. Because tls resume by 8 am they will pick about 10 or 20names among the walk-in of yesterday they will then continue calling people with appointments. Remember your walk-in will be for the next day, you're looking for the next day. In conclusion, I will advise people to choose Victoria island which is well organised, ikeja is a no no nooooo no no go area except you know any staff..won bad gan.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by perisabc: 7:21am On Jul 15, 2021
Email or Call
shegzy80:
Is it by email or phone call and hope the bank always discloses the ledger balance as well

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by perisabc: 7:22am On Jul 15, 2021
I understand. July 26 is here already.
nuttyhnic:

The whole visa process is monotonous. And I'm already tired. Even if it's 100 bucks I'll pay to get it done with once and for all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dgrant(m): 7:50am On Jul 15, 2021
Please I want to know how possible it is to relocate from the UK as a student to Canada or the US. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by teewaik: 8:06am On Jul 15, 2021
As in....This is entirely different from US. Asides from the biometrics you give on the date of Interview, all other process are automated. You hustle for TB test, you hustle for this, that and that...Its well
nuttyhnic:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mamatwiny(f): 8:11am On Jul 15, 2021
Please which banks are going for form a as of today?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by emmyvet(m): 8:30am On Jul 15, 2021
Hello,

Please who used FCMB Form A for payment of tuition fee, how long did it take them to send you a telex after debiting you?

After 2days of debiting me, I am yet to get the telex.

Please anybody with similar experience??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by emmyvet(m): 8:32am On Jul 15, 2021
mamatwiny:
Please which banks are going for form a as of today?

UBA is doing well a friend used them and got his debit and relax in 3days.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 15, 2021
perisabc:

I have just finished the biometrics. Is it not better now. I can now sleep cool

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by angelss813(f): 8:38am On Jul 15, 2021
Good morning, pls do you have any update on MMU CAS?

Good morning family. No news yet o, my daughter in the UK have been disturbing them with phone calls, they kept promising this week and today is Thursday now we are still having faith.
POF interest is killing us now. God will answer all our prayers �

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AAO7(f): 8:40am On Jul 15, 2021
perisabc:

Lol allow people pick what they want, you don’t know why they’re deciding to do walk in tbh.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dextrous308: 8:42am On Jul 15, 2021
Good morning all, Pls has anyone gotten CAS from university of Derby?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AAO7(f): 8:42am On Jul 15, 2021
nuttyhnic:

Exactly what I meant and you can get your application moving. People forget that time is money, where you can speed up a process and you have the means…. I’m an advocate for that Abeg lol.

I applied 3rd of June and the rush wasn’t epic then yet I did priority. On the long run, it saved me some money because I was able to get a reasonable flight ticket and a cheap Amber arrival test kit.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by angelss813(f): 8:43am On Jul 15, 2021
Walk-in means you probably have already booked a date which is very far from your application on either Ikeja tls or vi and you are not satisfied you want your appointment now, you wish to walk in by going there early write your ref and name. This is for Either self-service or assisted whichever you selected when filling your appointment form online. So just walk to the centre you already picked at the application and write down your reference number and name, for Ikeja it's complicated enough people due to the rushing period, I heard some people do go as early as 2 am. Because tls resume by 8 am they will pick about 10 or 20names among the walk-in of yesterday they will then continue calling people with appointments. Remember your walk-in will be for the next day, you're looking for the next day. In conclusion, I will advise people to choose Victoria island which is well organised, ikeja is a no no nooooo no no go area except you know any staff..won bad gan.

Thank you so much for your thorough explanation.
I am applying from Abuja and will do just exactly as you have advice me

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by adedapodvirus001(m): 8:51am On Jul 15, 2021
nuttyhnic:

Which center did you use
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by daholiest(m): 8:51am On Jul 15, 2021
Congratulations
Internetofthing:
Visa alert

Biometrics: 9th June
Not straightforward email: 23th June
Collection email: 13th July
Standard visa
TlS Ikeja
No interview

My partner's visa is still pending but we applied together.

I am grateful to God!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Okrikarepublik: 8:52am On Jul 15, 2021
Use the normal bank cards.
If you have a low threshold... Get someone who has a higher threshold.
I think GTB card is the most reliable.
Goddyss:

Please how can one pay for IHs and visa fee?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by adedapodvirus001(m): 8:52am On Jul 15, 2021
AAO7:

Exactly what I meant and you can get your application moving. People forget that time is money, where you can speed up a process and you have the means…. I’m an advocate for that Abeg lol.

I applied 3rd of June and the rush wasn’t epic then yet I did priority. On the long run, it saved me some money because I was able to get a reasonable flight ticket and a cheap Amber arrival test kit.
Which Airline please and how much?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Okrikarepublik: 8:57am On Jul 15, 2021
You, Your husband and His brother.
Read this thread from Part 1 and you won't even need us.

prittygift114:
Good morning guys. Please my hubby is about helping his brother on a study visa to UK since that is where he insisted on going.

However, we wouldn't want to use any agent of any kind..

Can gurus please help me on how much he might be needing for an undergraduate degree and school name. He is 26 years old. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Okrikarepublik: 9:00am On Jul 15, 2021
To be honest,
Walk in doesn't speed up things for you.
Prirority and Super Priority clients get more attention that Walk In clients at both Abuja and Lagos.
You could pay for Walk in and still be in line waiting for a week....I have seen people wait for more.
All those Primetime, Walk in, lounge whatever doesn't give an edge for biometrics in Nigeria.
angelss813:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 15, 2021
adedapodvirus001:

Which center did you use

VI
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Okrikarepublik: 9:08am On Jul 15, 2021
Just to clear your further quiz on this.
Like you said , your account details are confidential except your are an International Fraudster wanted by FBI, Interpol so no one has access to them without the consent of The President, Vice President or AIG.
But have the forgotten that you agreed to the bilateral operations of UK Consulate while applying to go into their country?
In choosing to have any detail about your account they won't be erring and yes they can go to any length to do that.
Yes they verify if you have the money In the account, its at the discretion of the ECO when to verify...which you have no power over.
BTW ain't the money meant to be used in the UK.
Do what's right.
nattty:
Hello everyone, I have few questions bothering me to ask, kindly answer them for me if you can.

1. Is it necessary the fund in my account stays still after my application has be decided on? Because I heard UK embassy do call the bank to confirm if the fund is still there during decision making but i thought my information with the bank should be confidential?
2. How flexible is it for me to get a walk in by Friday 16th?

Awaiting replies and answers.
Thanks and regards good people.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) ... (886)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.