Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (607) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1313367 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Tolvin: 4:20pm On Jul 14, 2021
Congrats! Heading to Strathclyde or GCU?
CheesyTee:

Visa Alert!!!

Submission date: 3rd of July
Biometrics: 6th of July (walk-in). Priority, Self-service.
Application Center: Ikeja TLS center
Collection and Decision mail: 13th of July
Passport pick-up: 14th of July

No travel history.

Thank you to everyone that took time to answer my questions and those that shared their experience on this forum.

Scotland all the way!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 4:21pm On Jul 14, 2021
Calm down...UKVI is having it tough!!! CAS request is huge...normally UWE will give CAS in like 3days after bank statement upload

Yetunde62:
Good morning everyone
Please has collected CAS from UWE this week
I was told my CAS would be out within the next 5 days and yesterday was supposed to be the 5th day
To top it all sending messages to their CAS team is like a waste of time because they would never respond. Also, the CAS team phone number given wouldn’t go through except if the answering machine picks it up. Please else is experiencing this from UWE
I am really disappointed with way they are doing
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ogbaba123: 4:21pm On Jul 14, 2021
Please I need an answer to this. For someone currently in the UK studying, my spouse (not legally married) is in Nigeria. How do I workout a way for her to come over? Is this possible and what’s the best way to go about this?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by yourfavourite: 4:24pm On Jul 14, 2021
Less than two weeks but was conditional. I sent the required documents and the country manager is requesting I renew my visa.
Bisunique25:

Please how many weeks did it take them to respond to your offer, and do you have any number one can call them on? Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Babababy(m): 4:25pm On Jul 14, 2021
nuttyhnic:

If i am applying today 14 july. When should the end date of the POF be ?

The Proof of funds is quite straight forward if you understand it, to clear some ambiguity i have attached a sample statement. This example assumes the total funds needed is 22,380. You can also see in the example that you can carry out normal banking provided the required funds doesn’t drop. You can also see that you can use the statement on exactly 28 days.

For your question, since you are applying on the 14th, count 28 days backwards. So if 14th is your closing balance, count 28 days backwards to get your opening balance day. Hope this helps

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by otunbanimi: 4:25pm On Jul 14, 2021
congrats.

you submitted in June right ? and not July.

smile

magastefan:
Visa alert!!!!
All glory be to God
Submission:26th July
Biometrics:29th July
CAS used email:1st July
Collection email:5th July
Pick up:6th July
Priority

Delayed testifying as I have been ill just got better few days ago(nothing can stop my testimony lol)

It can only be God, 3 visa refusals (declared)
2visa grants (declared)....

Thank you Fam for this wonderful platform... Applying for my dependants now(will come back to testify)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 4:26pm On Jul 14, 2021
You will be fined Oooooo for delayed testimony!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Happy 4u Congrats!!!

magastefan:
Visa alert!!!!
All glory be to God
Priority

Delayed testifying as I have been ill just got better few days ago(nothing can stop my testimony lol)

Thank you Fam for this wonderful platform... Applying for my dependants now(will come back to testify)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by perisabc: 4:26pm On Jul 14, 2021
Use a GTB dollar Mastercard. Open a domiciliary account with gtb. Apply for a dollar Mastercard card and pay your IHS and visa fees.
nuttyhnic:

Never mind. Solved that.

What's the easiest way to pay for ihs and visa from the comfort of my bedroom?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 14, 2021
Babababy:

The Proof of funds is quite straight forward if you understand it, to clear some ambiguity i have attached a sample statement. This example assumes the total funds needed is 22,380. You can also see in the example that you can carry out normal banking provided the required funds doesn’t drop. You can also see that you can use the statement on exactly 28 days.

For your question, since you are applying on the 14th, count 28 days backwards. So if 14th is your closing balance, count 28 days backwards to get your opening balance day. Hope this helps

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 4:27pm On Jul 14, 2021
Congrats...God will complete what He started.

Internetofthing:
Visa alert

Biometrics: 9th June
Not straightforward email: 23th June
Collection email: 13th July
Standard visa
TlS Ikeja
No interview

My partner's visa is still pending but we applied together.

I am grateful to God!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 4:31pm On Jul 14, 2021
Congrats Oooooo

Lake56:
Visa Alert

Biometrics date: 5th July (walk in ikeja)
Application Transferred to VAC: 12th July
Collection mail: 13th July
Picked up this morning
Priority

All glory be to God...

Thanks everyone for your contributions and guidance... More testimonies by God grace
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 4:33pm On Jul 14, 2021
get someone with a dollar card....get funds into and make payment

use flutterwave (more expensive)

nuttyhnic:

Never mind. Solved that.

What's the easiest way to pay for ihs and visa from the comfort of my bedroom?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by MissOwaa: 4:37pm On Jul 14, 2021
Thank you �
justwise:

No you don't need to do that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by eyedd: 4:42pm On Jul 14, 2021
House, please is Turkish airline recommended when booking your flight to the Uk?

They seem to have an offer for students which brings down the price drastically compared to Virgin Atlantic and British airways.

Please share your experience.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dumebi213: 4:44pm On Jul 14, 2021
eyedd:
House, please is Turkish airline recommended when booking your flight to the Uk?

They seem to have an offer for students which brings down the price drastically compared to Virgin Atlantic and British airways.

No, turkey is on the red list as such you would need purchase a quarantine package which is more expensive than whatever you are going to save on flight fare

All the information can be found on the gov.uk website

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dumebi213: 4:48pm On Jul 14, 2021
eyedd:

The only non-direct flight that is advisable is Air Maroc because morocco is on the amber list but if you check the fares, it isn't much different from direct flights like BA and Virgin so why go through the stress?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Justice2700: 4:53pm On Jul 14, 2021
kemkemdiva:
Hello guys and the gurus in the house!!!am concluding application for university of BRADFORD!!! To study logistics,data analytics and supplychain management is there anyone heading that way in January. Pls do the conduct interview or do the need statement to issue cas.
And also for POF do i need to show my living expenses and balance of school fees or just living expenses. Pls its really urgent am applying for January want to give them enough time pls .thanks guys.

Yes, the university of Bradford Conducts pre-CAS credibility interview. You also need to show POF and Tb certificate before the CAS is issued.
The POF is suppose to contain your living expenses for the duration of time you will be in school and also the part of your school fees left to pay.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by okhueleigbe: 4:59pm On Jul 14, 2021
magastefan:
Visa alert!!!!
All glory be to God
Priority

Congrats.... I shall testify here too

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by okhueleigbe: 5:00pm On Jul 14, 2021
Internetofthing:
Visa alert

Biometrics: 9th June
Not straightforward email: 23th June
Collection email: 13th July
Standard visa
TlS Ikeja
No interview

My partner's visa is still pending but we applied together.

I am grateful to God!

Congrats.... We shall all testify here

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Tolvin: 5:05pm On Jul 14, 2021
@justwise and others, please assist.
Tolvin:
Hello Guys,

I am filling out my visa application form and I came across the page for "Future Official Financial Sponsor". I have a confirmed student loan (with an official letter) which I intend to use as part of financial evidence. Can I go ahead using the details filled in below?
P.S: The approved loan does not cover my full tuition fees, however, I have kept the balance and the maintenance in my bank account (counting 28days).

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by okhueleigbe: 5:05pm On Jul 14, 2021
Lake56:
Visa Alert

Biometrics date: 5th July (walk in ikeja)
Application Transferred to VAC: 12th July
Collection mail: 13th July
Picked up this morning
Priority

All glory be to God...

Thanks everyone for your contributions and guidance... More testimonies by God grace

Congratulations.... I shall testify here too Amen...

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Angelswt(f): 5:11pm On Jul 14, 2021
Congratulations!!!

magastefan:
Visa alert!!!!
All glory be to God
Priority

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by eyedd: 5:24pm On Jul 14, 2021
Dumebi213:

No, turkey is on the red list as such you would need purchase a quarantine package which is more expensive than whatever you are going to save on flight fare

All the information can be found on the gov.uk website

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england

Thank you, I understand the logic now. Thank you again.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by pinkasso: 5:28pm On Jul 14, 2021
My question is .....is the document from the church a valid marriage document??......has anybody used it for visa application for his/her spouse or we will have to do another marriage (court) for the purpose of the visa application??....thanks [quote author=Babababy post=103700388][/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by pinkasso: 5:30pm On Jul 14, 2021
My question is .....is the document from the church a valid marriage document??......has anybody used it for visa application for his/her spouse or we will have to do another marriage (court) for the purpose of the visa application??....thanks [quote author=Babababy post=103700388][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Lake56: 5:33pm On Jul 14, 2021
Dumebi213:

Congratulations

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Lake56: 5:38pm On Jul 14, 2021
scobyy2007:
Congrats Oooooo

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Lake56: 5:40pm On Jul 14, 2021
okhueleigbe:

Congratulations.... I shall testify here too Amen...

Thank you...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by echdani: 5:54pm On Jul 14, 2021
Greetings to all, thanks for the good job guys are doing on this platform and all the valuable information, may GOD bless you all.
I have 2 question please:
1. I am already studying in the UK and my spouse has been around for a few months. I want to make application for my children but don't have enough money in my naira account, is it acceptable to put funds in my spouse's UK account as part of the proof of fund?.

2. I have someone who already wants to apply for UK study visa from Nigeria and have his money in a joint account bearing his name and that of his wife. The wife's name will be mentioned in his application but they are not applying at same time. The plan is for him to go first and the wife apply after a few months. Is it advisable to use such an account or not, they have keep this account funded for over 1 month.
I look forward to your response. Thanks!
justwise:
More update will appear here.........

https://www.gov.uk/student-visa/money

TB test https://mymedical.iom.int/apps/omas/#_frmHome

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by yourfavourite: 5:55pm On Jul 14, 2021
Did you apply directly to the school or your apploed through QAHE?
Bisunique25:

Please how many weeks did it take them to respond to your offer, and do you have any number one can call them on? Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.