Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,113 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (681) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1310000 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by angelss813(f): 10:52pm On Jul 25, 2021
As at on that same Friday
Standard visa plus priority was about $810
Thts what was debited
The rate for conversion was 1.4255

Wow! Thank you, I appreciate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Jazzbee251: 11:18pm On Jul 25, 2021
Good evening, pls i need help too regards booking for IOM, assist ooo.

elmay33:
Please is anyone going to IOM Lagos tomorrow or any time this week, that can assist to manually book me. Online booking is frustrating. Kindly assist.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Jazzbee251: 11:29pm On Jul 25, 2021
Hi guys, well done for the great info here, pls i need help for manual booking foe IOM service in Lagos, anyone going pls kindly help a brother,
Thank you.
You can mail me abrahamtaiwo3@gmail.com
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by femsmile(m): 12:35am On Jul 26, 2021
Gooday house, i got my visa with my spouse as a dependent, i already booked my ticket to next month but my spouse will not be traveling with me for now until end of September. would that raise an eyebrow at the point of entry as shes coming in separately? anyone experienced this before and if yes what are the likely questions they will ask her at the point of entry.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by femsmile(m): 12:38am On Jul 26, 2021
House, my school is at scotland, can i fly abuja to london? cos ill like to quarantine in london before going to scotland?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by segunotiti(m): 1:55am On Jul 26, 2021
Adds up, even officially its 1.38 for conversion from dollars to pounds.

Owlette:
Priority is £220. I paid with dollars and what I paid was $302. This was just 2 days ago. Please read up so you don’t swallow everything they tell you hook, line and sinker.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by shadlyblinks: 4:38am On Jul 26, 2021
femsmile:
Gooday house, i got my visa with my spouse as a dependent, i already booked my ticket to next month but my spouse will not be traveling with me for now until end of September. would that raise an eyebrow at the point of entry as shes coming in separately? anyone experienced this before and if yes what are the likely questions they will ask her at the point of entry.

I think he has 1 month grace of entry but look at the visa well, the validity of entry will be written on it. Also he can travel first and come back to Nigeria
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by worldazzling: 4:50am On Jul 26, 2021
fagbalex:
Hello house, pls I need an urgent help.
My wife applied to the university of Wolverhampton, we planning to pay the deposit, pls show are we gonna pay the deposit at a very cheap amount that wouldn't take much time to reach the school. Secondly, planned using someone account as our sponsors, I hope it won't affect the course of visa processing and others. Pls I will appreciate you guys response.
More blessings house

Hello,
University of Wolverhampton uses Western Union for payments and there is a payment instructions which expires every 72hours.

I used stanbic bank for payment but you also need to find out if their process is as fast as it was at that time or make research about other banks too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 5:41am On Jul 26, 2021
Olawale1993:
@Justwise and other gurus in the house....my money has been in my account since 19th of June and i intend printing my POF on Tuesday, making it 37 days that the POF has been held for. My biometrics is on Thursday this week, can I go ahead with the 37 days POF

Did you actually read student visa rules? Read page one of this thread, you are asking this question too late.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dbiks: 5:50am On Jul 26, 2021
Pls gurus in the house....

For self upload how best can one scan to upload IOM and marriage certificates.....

If it's the way it is, it left gap on both the upper and lower border of the scanned page.

Can it be scanned slanted to fill the gapping but they will have to be rotating it.

Or they must be converted to A4 and how best can one convert this to A4 using CamScanner or any phone app.

Pls those that have done it how can one do this. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by dgr8cali: 6:35am On Jul 26, 2021
Goodday I heard it's compulsory you must leave d funds u used for POF in ur bank account until y6land in UK because they do verify at border control over there. How true is this pls. ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Choice83: 6:45am On Jul 26, 2021
I got my visa approved last week but my passport did not come with any letter. Gurus in the house kindly advice on what to do. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ugomnaanny: 7:01am On Jul 26, 2021
Choice83:
I got my visa approved last week but my passport did not come with any letter. Gurus in the house kindly advice on what to do. Thanks
send a paid mail to ukvi they will send the letter to u via (pdf) via email

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Melahou(m): 7:05am On Jul 26, 2021
senator77:
Good day my people. Is there any private car park near tls ikeja or they will allow me drive in to their premises? Or I should just drop car at home?

There is a big one...go with your car and pay a parking fee of #500
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fagbalex(m): 7:06am On Jul 26, 2021
worldazzling:

Hello,
University of Wolverhampton uses Western Union for payments and there is a payment instructions which expires every 72hours.

I used stanbic bank for payment but you also need to find out if their process is as fast as it was at that time or make research about other banks too

Thank you so much bro, pls what's the rate if exchange from naira to pound coz am planning to make my deposit to request for cas
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by japhethGold: 7:41am On Jul 26, 2021
Hello Good people,

I have used gtbank Naira account statement to get CAS.This Naira account statement hold naira amount that was adjuged to be adequate to cover both my course fee balance after scholarship and deposit as well as my maintenance fee by Birmingham City University. And CAS has been issued to me. But when I was filling visa application form, I filled that I will turn in my 2nd Gtbank account which is a dollar account that I built and held the funds for 28 days. And I have used the funds in it yesterday to pay for visa, NHS and priority application and Victoria Island center fee.

Before using up the money, I printed the statement.

My question is, should I submit only the naira gtbank account which was only used to issue my cas or I should also submit the gtbank dollar account since I mention it in my visa app? My worry is I have used up the dollars and I am scared upon confirmation of balance as at Biometrics date UKVI will not find the dollars shown in the dollar statement and this may cause issues for me.

I intend to walk in to Victoria Island TLS office for Biometrics and document scan tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by OpemipoEsther(f): 8:01am On Jul 26, 2021
japhethGold:
Hello Good people,

I have used gtbank Naira account statement to get CAS.This Naira account statement hold naira amount that was adjuged to be adequate to cover both my course fee balance after scholarship and deposit as well as my maintenance fee by Birmingham City University. And CAS has been issued to me. But when I was filling visa application form, I filled that I will turn in my 2nd Gtbank account which is a dollar account that I built and held the funds for 28 days. And I have used the funds in it yesterday to pay for visa, NHS and priority application and Victoria Island center fee.

My question is, should I submit only the naira gtbank account which was only used to issue my cas or I should also submit the gtbank dollar account since I mention it in my visa app? My worry is I have used up the dollars and I am scared upon confirmation of balance as at Biometrics date UKVI will not find the dollars shown in the dollar statement and this may cause issues for me.

I intend to walk in to Victoria Island TLS office for Biometrics and document scan tomorrow.

IMO, Submitting a bank statement which is now incorrect would mean providing false information, and may lead to visa refusal. You should use only the statement that is currently true, if it has the required amount, then there’s no need for a second account statement. You can write a cover letter to explain why you’re not submitting the other bank statement you mentioned in your application.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ugomnaanny: 8:01am On Jul 26, 2021
japhethGold:
Hello Good people,

seems u start filling the application form b4 u requested for CAS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by paddedbabe: 8:04am On Jul 26, 2021
Hello, please I am already filling my visa form,at the point of where will you be staying in the uk,should i use to school address or not because i am travelling with dependents,kindly reply. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fificole: 8:07am On Jul 26, 2021
Hi,

From what I read, yes you can as long as you do not enter Scotland before the 11th day. This must be after your 2nd and 8th day test results are negative.

R

femsmile:
House, my school is at scotland, can i fly abuja to london? cos ill like to quarantine in london before going to scotland?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by paddedbabe: 8:11am On Jul 26, 2021
Hello, please I am already filling my visa form,at the point of where will you be staying in the uk,should i use to school address or not because i am travelling with dependents,kindly reply. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Melahou(m): 8:35am On Jul 26, 2021
japhethGold:
Hello Good people,

You should be worried , there is a reason why you mentioned that you have a dom account with gtbank
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Busique: 8:43am On Jul 26, 2021
Bossplaya1:
I just submitted my CAS request from University of Lincoln after paying my tuition deposit of £2000. Fingers crossed!!
What bank did u use and how many weeks did it take to withdraw money from your account for the payment of tuition deposit
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by jebelkhan(m): 8:51am On Jul 26, 2021
ListerCompaq:

PND means Post No Debit
A restriction placed on account so that funds cannot go out, but you can pay money into the account.
If you print your account statement, the PND status does not show on the statement.

What about a restriction on electronic transaction i.e. only transaction at the counter in-person.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by JamiuKabir: 8:55am On Jul 26, 2021
paddedbabe:

school address.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 26, 2021
Seen
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by latinah(f): 8:57am On Jul 26, 2021
dgr8cali:
Goodday I heard it's compulsory you must leave d funds u used for POF in ur bank account until y6land in UK because they do verify at border control over there. How true is this pls. ?

Please @justwise help us answer this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by olaideadeoye: 9:14am On Jul 26, 2021
Please, if you’re going to University of South Wales, lets connect o.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mzkolawole: 9:15am On Jul 26, 2021
Olawale1993:
@Justwise and other gurus in the house....my money has been in my account since 19th of June and i intend printing my POF on Tuesday, making it 37 days that the POF has been held for. My biometrics is on Thursday this week, can I go ahead with the 37 days POF

Sure you can
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mzkolawole: 9:17am On Jul 26, 2021
femsmile:

I know someone that did and it wasn't an issue
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mzkolawole: 9:19am On Jul 26, 2021
Owlette:
Please guys, those of you going with family that have gotten your visas, did you upload financial consent for the children? And passport bio data page?
From what I have seen so far, all these things haven’t been on the list of things to upload but now I’m getting conflicting information.

What do you mean by financial consent.
And yes you upload data page of passport, statement of account, TB test, consent letter and birth certificate

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.