Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1309093 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 20, 2021
omopapa:
MSc Mental health is 18months and it qualifies you as a practicing Mental Health Nurse, I’d choose that over BSc

Wrong. You need to do Mental Health Nursing Pre Registration course accredited by NMC to practise as a nurse. It is 2 years

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by America001: 12:52pm On Jan 20, 2021
hosey:

Wrong. You need to do Mental Health Nursing Pre Registration course accredited by NMC to practise as a nurse. It is 2 years

I was amazed that someone with Bachelors in Agric could just do a Masters in Mental Health.
Nice input from you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Wegothere: 12:53pm On Jan 20, 2021
bossyplus:
Pls has anyone collected their passport without collection mail at TLS , it's over 10 working days since after decision mail and I have not receive collection mail for my passport. Please advise.

I think you should go to TLS, and tell them you are there for collection.

Someone's collection mail was also delayed for a long time, eventually when he got it and went to TLS he was told that a staff batched it but forgot to send the mail.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 20, 2021
akanniade10:
Advice needed guys;

Wifey is going for masters in broadcast journalism. We applying for the visa together.

I have a bachelors degree in Agric economics obtained in 2010. However, this travel decision has made me decide to pursue a career in nursing.

As a dependant, I plan to do care jobs for as long, to get the experience and knowledge needed.

Which is advisable between getting a Bsc (3yrs) or Msc (2yrs)

Does any of the degree have advantage over the other when it comes to becoming registered with NMC.

Ps: I have B.Agric in the year 2010.

Lagosismyhome Mimilyrics Omopapa

Go for MSc as it costs less and of higher level. You can also bring your dependent. Many candidate with non nursing background and get MSc Nursing pre registration (2 years) without studying Nursing. Google and ccheck for the requirements. You can get experience in Nigeria and it is accounted for in admission.

Also, when you study a BSc programme, you cannot bring any dependent.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by America001: 12:55pm On Jan 20, 2021
Are there schools in the UK that accept entries for Masters from 3rd class graduates or must one have to do a Post Graduate Diploma.

Background in Biological Science
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 20, 2021
TheFuckQueen:
Good Afternoon Great People, i need your advice on the following Sir

My wife would be 29 years before the end of this year with a 2 years old Son, She possess ND in Business Administration, she have been doing her personal business since she finish her ND Program in 2012, she's into Fashion, while i work with a regional organization (organizations like ECOWAS).

I want her to study in UK with my son following her as dependent, I've surf the internet and find out she can only apply for a degree program, though i want a university in Kent or close to Kent, because her biological sister reside in that area at least that will ease cost of accommodation for her.

i need your advice of possibility of her getting Visa even if the school offers her admission, considering her age, since she will be applying with her WAEC result since it's a degree course.

your advice will be appreciated

Note that when you study a BSc programme in the UK, you cannot bring any dependent.

Let your wife study in a private university in Nigeria. She can do direct entry and get her BSc. Thereafter, she can go for her Masters after her studies and bring you and your child as her dependent.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Victorex001(m): 1:00pm On Jan 20, 2021
teametwin:
Oga dey calm down oo worry no dey solve any problem. Me weh do for 12 sef I never dey panic.

Have you gotten Decision mail?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 20, 2021
America001:
Are there schools in the UK that accept entries for Masters from 3rd class graduates or must one have to do a Post Graduate Diploma.

Many. Check the previous posts in this thread. Universities that accept HND directly also accepts third class.

Check Sheffield Hallam UNiversity, University of Roehampton and many more.

You must have relevant experience and have a succint personal reference.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by teametwin(m): 1:10pm On Jan 20, 2021
Nah...nothing yet. Their website says 5 to 7 working days. I'm hoping it comes today or latest tomorrow and mind you there are times they skip decision mail to collection mail. So, anything can happen.

I no get time to over worry myself. It won't solve anything.
Victorex001:

Have you gotten Decision mail?

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Victorex001(m): 1:14pm On Jan 20, 2021
teametwin:
Nah...nothing yet. Their website says 5 to 7 working days. I'm hoping it comes today or latest tomorrow and mind you there are times they skip decision mail to collection mail. So, anything can happen.

I no get time to over worry myself. It won't solve anything.

I do admire your spirit and mindset.

I’m shit ass scared because I put my everything into this..

Hopefully thou ����
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by America001: 1:15pm On Jan 20, 2021
hosey:

Many. Check the previous posts in this thread. Universities that accept HND directly also accepts third class.

Check Sheffield Hallam UNiversity, University of Roehampton and many more.

You must have relevant experience and have a succint personal reference.

Thanks for the feedback
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 20, 2021
America001:

Thanks for the feedback
You are welcome.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TheFuckQueen: 1:53pm On Jan 20, 2021
Thanks for the information

hosey:

Note that when you study a BSc programme in the UK, you cannot bring any dependent.

Let your wife study in a private university in Nigeria. She can do direct entry and get her BSc. Thereafter, she can go for her Masters after her studies and bring you and your child as her dependent.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Wegothere: 1:55pm On Jan 20, 2021
Victorex001:

Hopefully thou ����

Bro,

Pls calm down. Don't let it affect your health. Provided you did the right thing, it will surely come out and with your expected result.

Don't put your mind too much with the number days your see on the website. It may come b4 or after the days. I did mine since December 16 (standard) and it is more than 22 working days against the 15 working days on the website.

Pls don't let it affect you. Put your mind off it.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by teametwin(m): 2:15pm On Jan 20, 2021
Victorex001:

Hopefully thou ����
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Kemkem93: 2:51pm On Jan 20, 2021
The last collection date for Abuja TLS na 15 Jan. (last week) waiting happen noow!? Abi people are not declaring their Visa Alert again no!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by asusfanatic: 2:57pm On Jan 20, 2021
QUESTION PLS

my tuition is 14k with1k discount net tuition is 13k. On visa application should I fill 13k or 14k for tuition fee?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by samzy66: 3:00pm On Jan 20, 2021
Please I need advice on which bank to use for my form a school fees payment that's fast...I used zenith and it's over a week now still nothing
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Bam09: 3:05pm On Jan 20, 2021
Victorex001:

Same...since last week.

Track on your Log in site.

Alright, thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by awumen: 3:08pm On Jan 20, 2021
Nattyd17:
Thanks dear at what rate is pounds with these bank
Not sure as daily rates differs but I did mine 535 while other friends did between 534-545 but you will need to go to any of these banks to get daily rates
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Toluteniola: 3:08pm On Jan 20, 2021
asusfanatic:
QUESTION PLS

my tuition is 14k with1k discount net tuition is 13k. On visa application should I fill 13k or 14k for tuition fee?

Fill the exact tuition fees without the discount. Then on the additional information page, you can write it there, that of the 14k tuition, you were given a discount of 1k, to be on a safer side, cos there's been stories of visa refusals, because the ECO missed it on the CAS

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Judzygal(f): 3:11pm On Jan 20, 2021
Please, anybody with sample of child consent form
I am filling application for my husband and my daughter.

Meanwhile, I got my visa.
Biometrics...7th January
Decision mail....12th January
Picked up my passport...18th
Priority... ikeja.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by asusfanatic: 3:12pm On Jan 20, 2021
[quote author=slimdolyin post=98252486]
Don't just waste your money with blackmarket.
Sign up paga account, upgrade it but if you find it difficult mgs them on Twitter they will ask to you to send all your doc for the upgrade to there mail.
They reply fast.
Thank me later

I've do that already. last month self in anticipation of CAS. Alas! my Uni showed me small. just got it recently.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by awumen: 3:20pm On Jan 20, 2021
asusfanatic:
I want to. my hubby was concerned. He says he always sees people complaining about their services on twitter and it takes days for the payment to go through. So I asked the question on the floor of this great house. grin

No,paga is good.a good number of us here here used it and it has worked for us hence the referral

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by omopapa: 3:26pm On Jan 20, 2021
What is wrong in what I said? 2 academic years but in reality it’s 18months. Also if your nursing degree isn’t accredited by NMC u only dashed the uni money

hosey:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by omopapa: 3:29pm On Jan 20, 2021
You can use the one written on your CAS

asusfanatic:
QUESTION PLS

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Labio0004: 4:07pm On Jan 20, 2021
America001:

Yes, University of Huddersfield- £10,500

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Labio0004: 4:15pm On Jan 20, 2021
iCode2:
Pls who has any link to cheap flight to London or Birmingham?

Try virgin atlantic for 220K to 270K provided you are searching for a direct flight one way.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Wizzy2010: 4:17pm On Jan 20, 2021
Visa Alert Family of 4

Biometrics : 23rd December
Main Applicant : Priority
3 Dependants : Standard
Main Applicant: non sraighforward mail : 31st Dec
Decision : 6th Jan
Collection: 12th Jan
Dependant : Collection Mail-sms: Today 20th Jan
No Decision mail for Dependants.

Thank you All soo much for the contributions, Encouragement and Response. God Bless

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.