Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? (39116 Views)

Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? / I Am Cancelling All Marriage Plans Because Of What My Girlfriend Did To My Niece / I Caught My Husband Sucking My Niece’s Breast, Sleeping With Our Maid -wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Fiscus105(m): 8:21am On Dec 26, 2020
konkonbilo:
keep typing epistle. You're not different from the guy and her girl friend.

If you say so, back to my very first comment, the confidence man (including you) gets when visiting is as a result of assurance he got from the woman shekena.

Even a married man will lost confidence wen going to her in-law house, if he had done bad things for the wife
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by lekonso: 8:25am On Dec 26, 2020
Your niece is like your own child, i personally believe there is nothing wrong in talking to her yourself, if she were to be your biological daugther, must it be your wife that must talk to her? don't you have the responsibility as the head of the familily to do the talking? If you are angry with her for what she did, is it wrong, what she did deserves a serious anger. Is she so hungry of sex that she cannot control herself, if she cannot control her hunger for sex, she should have gone to meet the guy in his own father's house na

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by lekonso: 8:31am On Dec 26, 2020
Worksunlimited:

Because she ain't your sister.. There are boundaries to this in-law thing.. respect your boundary, before you disrespect to yourself.

The person you marry na her sister, talk to her sister and let your wife handle it.
the girl is his niece, his sister's daughter

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Oesophagus99(m): 8:48am On Dec 26, 2020
O.P,
you just dey hot like me shayi pot..

if dem dem no staff ur sister u for no get niece o...

i think you shld get to know clement& probably his people as relationship advance.

Don't condescend him, As your peak of boundary in dia affair is a friendly advice.

Never cease to let dem be shaa. After all its not a crime for girl to Receiving a gud D. So Oga let dem do their thing. pls
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by ashawopikin(m): 8:51am On Dec 26, 2020
yomi007k:
Na so e dey start.

That girl don dey spoil dey go...
abi she don spoil finish, brother clement don collect like 3 rounds of Christmas f.uck

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by ashawopikin(m): 8:56am On Dec 26, 2020
As I like woman reach, I can never try what brother clement did

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Cryptofxt10: 8:59am On Dec 26, 2020
bukatyne:

Bros 22 yr old is old enough to marry na

Her mates are done with their kids. tongue

Seriously, she was wrong for not informing you before the visit.

She should have said 'Brother, a male friend of mine wants to visit me here.'

Na you go kana say na her boyfriend.

This would have prepared you to engage him as baba Iyawo.

I want to assume he is serious that's why he can visit her in your home.

However, I don't understand the part of entering the room for three hours.

Surely, they are not stupid enough to have sex in your house? undecided

Let madam talk to her so she learns how to behave next time. That way, you also make an impact in her life.

Merry Christmas.

This is a very nice comment and I appreciate it... It shows maturity and diplomacy

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by hybridblood07(m): 9:01am On Dec 26, 2020
Stop jumping into conclusion bro. What if they didn't do anything in the room?
FanOfMyself:
They committed fornication under your roof bro. That's the season we are in right now. A season of immorality and lasciviousness angry
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by josite: 9:10am On Dec 26, 2020
[quote author=bukatyne post=97424967]

and what will they be doing in the room for 3hhours,if not sex,?.
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by isaythetruth(m): 9:15am On Dec 26, 2020
she can invite a guy over if she is old enough to have a boyfriend... I see nothing wrong with it.

but for her to take the guy inside is a no no... i will not tolerate that!
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by josite: 9:15am On Dec 26, 2020
bukatyne:

Merry Christmas.

and what will they be doing in the room for 3hhours,if not sex,?. She is a pharmacist.and old enough to have sex and qualified to get a job to take care of pregnancy and the man said ".......her room" not his room.why cant adults heavy sex in peace,does the man want to be sexing his niece.must adults be constrained to have sex in nooks and corners and under a hotel roof,cant they have sex in a decent house owned by a decent man.hope the room has a good ac sha.sex is overrated.these girls by the time they are 20,they have done sex a 1000 times.someone having sex is this one's problem.thank GOD U HAVE NO MORTGAGE TO PAY

Let madam talk to her so she learns how to behave next time. That way, you also make an impact in her life.
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by harmony75: 9:28am On Dec 26, 2020
wwwkaycom:
Its painful that my wife won't allow me to talk sense into her head!
tell your wife to leave you to handle it as you're very disappointed in your niece let her know she's so irresponsible to invite her boyfriend to your house. your wife need to let you speak sense into her head, your wife should not get involved.
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by onyiloxy(f): 9:28am On Dec 26, 2020
wwwkaycom:
My niece came visiting for Christmas, I was so glad to have her with us since yesterday. She'll be leaving on Sunday.

We came back from our church programme today and just as we were finishing lunch, this young guy just knocked on the door and my niece Shola went to open the door for him. He came in and she just introduced him casually as Clement, her boyfriend. She led him straight to her room and were there for like 3 hours before the guy left.

I felt insulted and irritated by her action but my wife would not allow me to say anything. She said I will talk to her angrily, she however promised to call her and counsel her gently before bed this night. That must be the kind of rubbish she has been doing in her school because I know she won't even dare it with her parent. She has been telling me her mum especially is high handed and just too tough for her liking.

I'm still not so happy because of my wife's action, or am I been too old school or archaic?

You would have cautioned her immediately. She is in your house and must respect your decisions
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Dharkcocoa: 9:29am On Dec 26, 2020
wwwkaycom:
My niece came visiting for Christmas, I was so glad to have her with us since yesterday. She'll be leaving on Sunday.

We came back from our church programme today and just as we were finishing lunch, this young guy just knocked on the door and my niece Shola went to open the door for him. He came in and she just introduced him casually as Clement, her boyfriend. She led him straight to her room and were there for like 3 hours before the guy left.

I felt insulted and irritated by her action but my wife would not allow me to say anything. She said I will talk to her angrily, she however promised to call her and counsel her gently before bed this night. That must be the kind of rubbish she has been doing in her school because I know she won't even dare it with her parent. She has been telling me her mum especially is high handed and just too tough for her liking.

I'm still not so happy because of my wife's action, or am I been too old school or archaic?

Sir you aren't archaic. It was rude of her to invite someone into YOUR home without prior notice. And worst still taking to the room, what happened to parlor. Sorry to say this but your niece lacks respect

Me seff no fit try am with any of my family members. Do well to let her parents know because if she gets pregnant tomorrow they'll say it happened in your house.
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 26, 2020
wwwkaycom:
She is going to be 22 by end of January, Born 1999, now a final year pharmacy student.

She is still very young, Cos we are in jet age youths these days think they have it all covered which is not always true.

She lacks respect for you and A responsible guy who is serious abt her would not allow what they both did knowing u are her uncle.

Talk sense to her Sternly. Whatever they can't do in her parents House should not be done in urs. Am sure Her parents will no be happy if they find out you condone such act.
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 26, 2020
crackhaus:
Some elements of your story OP are not tying up properly for me...

1. Your niece is bold enough to invite her boyfriend over to your house without prior notice.
2. She's also bold enough to introduce him as her boyfriend to your face.
3. And then the ultimate display of boldness was to lead him to her bedroom where they spent three hours.

How? Why?

Na wah oo...
It feels as if you're the visitor in that house and she's the owner, because that's the only way any of this will make sense. cheesy

Okay let's go with it for a minute and assume this is all for real, why is your wife stopping you from talking?
You have a right to be upset, you have a right to lash out... this is not something you should be afraid to step on toes for.

As a matter of fact, it is YOUR duty to call your niece to order... NOT your wife's duty.
The girl is your niece, your own relative...
Whatever you do to reprimand her will be taken more lightly since you're her uncle by blood. Don't even let your wife be the one to chook mouth because the niece can go report her and twist it to make your wife appear like the bad person.

Just imagine, she say she want to counsel her gently... Lol
Pikin wey nor get respect for her host family.
You should drag her ears well well sef, I'm sure her parents will thank you for it.

Correctly so.
I wont even allowed them to remain in the room.
No respect and so called civilization.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Balofariojames: 9:37am On Dec 26, 2020
Visiting is not the issue, we all visit our now wife before marriage, but why go into the room, I remember during my own, I do visit on Sunday but we stayed outside (varrandah) .
She needs to be councell.
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by guji12(m): 9:58am On Dec 26, 2020
If shes past 18 i dont see whats wrong.. As long shes not hiding d relationship from u.. Wat if u had no clue shes in a relationship
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by kaylardz(m): 10:00am On Dec 26, 2020
wwwkaycom:

op is too weak and not qualify to head a house. at dat point, u didn't need any approval again from Ur wife before dishing out some brain resetting slaps for d girl and her shameless boyfriend. how on earth can u allow such embarrassing moment to pass without taking action only to come and type rubbish on nairaland. You disappointed d girl's parent by getting their daughter defiled under ur roof and supervision. U are nothing but a useless man, shame on you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Tribalism123(m): 10:06am On Dec 26, 2020
I just hope this girl understands when ur wife talks to her because in such situations, it turns out to be hatred to ur wife for doing good. She can even go on to gossip her in her family that she is the one ruling u.

Pharmacy final year no be moimoi. So I assumed the girl is actually matured. Just that she is not matured in head and respect.
U Know what to do Sha, Mr favorite uncle.
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Bekeey: 10:15am On Dec 26, 2020
Such thing will never happen in Igbo land. You called her your niece not even your blood sister. See, if it was me, oh my God. Some comments said to avoid embarrassing her before her boyfriend. See if it was me like I said, immediately I noticed they have entered inside room, in my own house, chai, I would just gently knock on the door and wait for her to open...immediately a heavy slap follows...no one would tell the guy what to do next. I would only have patience for the guy to go if only is my blood sister and as well my senior. NONSENSE.

IT ALWAYS A YORUBA CULTURE SHAAH, NOT SURPRISE AT ALL
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by cayorday89(m): 10:45am On Dec 26, 2020
If we are to go by people's comment here, most of them don't commit such sin, it's more complex than we think, the only offence I see here is her not informing her uncle prior to the guys arrival. And they must have settled for the bedroom for reasons best known to her. And please dear uncle for the sake of your children, don't act this way considering her age and level of education.. I know what my parent's high handedness has caused us the children now, they are practically begging us to bring intending partners home but all of our lives, we were not allowed to associate with people not even family members and neighbours who move with opposite sex are seen labeled all sort, now those ones are married and we are struggling to unlearn all the holy holy habits enforced on us.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by benjijosh(m): 10:47am On Dec 26, 2020
It’s so disheartening to see the type of comments y’all are leaving on this subject.

To start with, she’s not a child. She’s 22.

She’s in her final year in school. Let’s face it. If she has solely taken decisions that have seen her get to the last year of her studies, trust her to do the right thing. Although, that doesn’t mean you can’t advice her.

Things have changed, it’s no longer 26/27 graduating again. 20/21 are now becoming B.Sc holders.

If she has the right to have a bf? Yes, she does. Unless you’re one unhappy uncle.

Did she do the right thing by inviting him? Yes, it’s Christmas. No biggie

Did she do the right thing by taking him straight to her room? Debatable. Everyone needs privacy.

Don’t be harsh on her. Call her and tell her to gist about the other day. Let her know having sex under your roof might be questionable.

Side note to y’all forming old motherfvckers, it’s same you that will stop by the road side to say hi to a stranger cos they look nice and sexy. How old do you think most of these ladies are?? 40 - 50

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by cayorday89(m): 10:50am On Dec 26, 2020
Balofariojames:
Visiting is not the issue, we all visit our now wife before marriage, but why go into the room, I remember during my own, I do visit on Sunday but we stayed outside (varrandah) .
She needs to be councell.
Such is life, there are some sets of generation that must not even be seen visiting, just make your intentions known and the elders will finalize, life evolve and this is part of the change..
People's guilty mindset will make them believe they had sex because, that is what they did and would always do, so people think others will do as they have done..

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by HerCuteness(f): 10:55am On Dec 26, 2020
bukatyne:

u
Merry Christmas.
shocked her mates are done with their kids at 22, aunty take it easy na, wetin happenshocked
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by cayorday89(m): 11:01am On Dec 26, 2020
benjijosh:
It’s so disheartening to see the type of comments y’all are leaving on this subject.

To start with, she’s not a child. She’s 22.

She’s in her final year in school. Let’s face it. If she has solely taken decisions that have seen her get to the last year of her studies, trust her to do the right thing. Although, that doesn’t mean you can’t advice her.

Things have changed, it’s no longer 26/27 graduating again. 20/21 are now becoming B.Sc holders.

If she has the right to have a bf? Yes, she does. Unless you’re one unhappy uncle.

Did she do the right thing by inviting him? Yes, it’s Christmas. No biggie

Did she do the right thing by taking him straight to her room? Debatable. Everyone needs privacy.

Don’t be harsh on her. Call her and tell her to gist about the other day. Let her know having sex under your roof might be questionable.

Side note to y’all forming old motherfvckers, it’s same you that will stop by the road side to say hi to a stranger cos they look nice and sexy. How old do you think most of these ladies are?? 40 - 50
#RESPECT Sir...
Most of us just form holier than thou, see different comments as if they have not gone through this stage and they go to hide on friends place to do the do, lodge in hotels or use a make shift Brothel all in the name of respecting their parents or hosts in OP's case but I see a lady who is cautious cos she knows nothing will go wrong in her own zone, she could have settled for the bedroom because she feels it's okay not to disturb them with their gists. Cc. @ wwwkaycom

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Onucs(m): 11:28am On Dec 26, 2020
yomi007k:
Na so e dey start.
That girl don dey spoil dey go...
don dey?
ah ah! dat girl have baje nau
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by NoFap123: 11:40am On Dec 26, 2020
All I see is a senseless guy and lady with a seemingly very nice uncle.

I have no issues bringing your boyfriend home but sense demands you let me know if you are going to have any guest knowing you are a guest yourself.

You handled the situation nicely. I would have gone ballastic on him and send my niece out of my house never to return till further notice.
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by BananaPeel(m): 11:51am On Dec 26, 2020
Samakus:
You're being human bro. But thank God your wife stopped you from embarrassing her guest. Now, both of you can sit her down at night and counsel her like a couple.

Cheers and have a good Yuletide
Tash, which guest. The neice has no regard and no fear. Boyfriend came and straight to the room. No room for such nonsense in my house. No such kind of casual relationship goes beyond my dinning table.
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by extol1(m): 12:11pm On Dec 26, 2020
franugo:

Most Nigerians are very unreasonable so its expected... Your's is the first reasonable comment I've seen. At 22, she's no longer a child, she's on the Verge of womanhood, I see nothing wrong with her introducing her boyfriend, it shows dt she does not flirt around n that the relationship is serious.

On the informing you beforehand part, are you sure your wife was not aware@op? If she isn't, that's where she faulted.

On the room part, nothing wrong with that IMO, my sister's ex always went to her room whenever he visited, they just gisted. It woulda been awkward sitting in the parlour with you n ur wife trying to make useless small talks, just inform her to leave the door open next time.

Merry Xmas people n happy new year
Cc: wwwkaycom
was it the first time that your sister's ex came to your house that he went straight into your sister's room
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Offpoint1: 12:17pm On Dec 26, 2020
I have a different opinion, I won't say it on Nigeria platform.
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Deepthoughts: 12:39pm On Dec 26, 2020
wwwkaycom:

You are just a weakling!.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Wife Absconded With Our Kids / Husband Takes Back Cheating Wife Who Got Pregnant For Her Boss - Man Recounts / My Dead Neighbour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.