Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,329 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures (54211 Views)

White Soul Motors, Where Taste Meets Class In Automobile / How Auto Mechanic Became A Millionaire After Reviewing Several Knock Engines / How Auto Mechanic Became A Millionaire After Reviewing Several Knock Engines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Midas01: 4:22pm On Dec 26, 2020
So because oyinbo said it's child abuse means it's child abuse.

You have to know that Africa is not Europe. As kids my parents and all their siblings and friends either helped their parents farm or haunted animals.

What is obtainable in Europe may not be obtainable here. Moreover the child is learning a skill.
Rich4god:
Looking at his cloth, you go knw say he don try for the business. But truth be told, this is child abuse, but in a country where every form of right and rules is thrown away in other to survive, this is hard work. May God see him through to greatness.

1 Like

Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by banmee(m): 4:24pm On Dec 26, 2020
helpee:
you think swimming is recreation to OYINBO? I am talking about people that took it very seriously with the hope their children will one day become Olympic hero. Go and ask Serena and Venus Williams. Their daddy put them on a hefty tennis playing schedule from tender ages. How many countries have you been to that you are making mouth about Nigerians? Are you not a Nigerian? Once they grant you one small visa you no go allow us hear word.

Again, you comparing what the Williams parents did for their kids to this? Haba bros. All I can say is, just because you are a Nigerian does not mean you have to think like one. You can break the chains. Its very possible.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by helpee(m): 4:24pm On Dec 26, 2020
banmee:

Again, you comparing what the Williams parents did for their kids to this? Haba bros. All I can say is, just because you are a Nigerian does not mean you have to think like one. You can break the chains. Its very possible.
he trained them on a notoriously rough pitch at the age of four....what is the difference? Oversabi

2 Likes

Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by femi4: 4:25pm On Dec 26, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Trash...

But you will take the 6 year old year child on evangelism and that one is not child abuse..
Evangelism isn't done that way Olodo

The child is being deprived of his childhood
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Beey(f): 4:26pm On Dec 26, 2020
Let the little kid enjoy his childhood. Let him go out & play with his mates. It’s not as if he has to start laying bills tomorrow. I understand that the parents are trying to instill the spirit. Of hard work. However, in life we have seasons. This is his time to be a child.When he becomes a teenager, he can start learning. Sorry if I offend some people with my opinion but, I don’t like this. Child labor. It’s abuse in the name of teaching.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Incognito403: 4:27pm On Dec 26, 2020
capitalzero:

6 year is too early. I know how those ogas relate with kids of that age. If he is learning from his parent or relative it may be an exception. Parents can however enrol their children for apprenticeship from JS1 or 12 year old .

6 years old is too late to learn a skill but not too old to go to western school?!

I don't understand you people.

Learning a skill at 6 years isn't child labour to me, as long as he'll only be learning and not being used as a part time labour or extra labour.

1 Like

Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by banmee(m): 4:28pm On Dec 26, 2020
helpee:
he trained them on a notoriously rough pitch at the age of four....what is the difference? Oversabi

Lol....notoriously rough pitch...LWKMD. For tennis? grin Dude, I can imagine the hell your kids will go through all in the name of parenting.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Minjim: 4:28pm On Dec 26, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Trash...

But you will take the 6 year old year child on evangelism and that one is not child abuse..

So you're comparing working for yourself with working for God?
Does evangelism involve hard labour and getting dirty?
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 26, 2020
Minjim:

So you're comparing working for yourself with working for God? Does evangelism involve hard labour and getting dirty?
Does evangelism involve hard labour?
Are you joking or what?
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by helpee(m): 4:30pm On Dec 26, 2020
Beey:
Let the little kid enjoy his childhood. Let him go out & play with his mates. It’s not as if he has to start laying bills tomorrow. I understand that the parents are trying to instill the spirit. Of hard work. However, in life we have seasons. This is his time to be a child.When he becomes a teenager, he can start learning. Sorry if I offend some people with my opinion but, I don’t like this. Child labor. It’s abuse in the name of teaching.
This will only make sense if you stop schooling all together. Let them stop schooling so they can play very well and enjoy their childhood. This is a form of schooling. That he is wearing dirty cloths doesn't mean he will be abused neither does it mean he will be carrying engine. As long as he is not doing anything that is physically exhausting for his age, this is not different from.schooling
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Minjim: 4:30pm On Dec 26, 2020
Incognito403:

6 years old is too late to learn a skill but not too old to go to western school?!

I don't understand you people.

Learning a skill at 6 years isn't child labour to me, as long as he'll only be learning and not being used as a part time labour or extra labour.
If you have been an apprentice b4 you'll understand why he's too young.
I was an apprentice after high school and I couldn't stand the torture, harassment and bullying. I quit after a year. I will run errand for everyone older than him there
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Minjim: 4:32pm On Dec 26, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Does evangelism involve hard labour?

Are you joking or what?

Compare the weight of engine or car battery to the Bible
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:33pm On Dec 26, 2020
The young Ibo boys start learning trade very early, Yoruba boys and girls do this too. I salute Benji's drive. Some would call it Child Abuse and labour but Nigeria being the kind of country Nigeria is, I don't think it's what they claimed. In Nigeria today so many graduates from the Universities and polytechnics don't have jobs. So I wish the boy the best. God bless his hustle.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by helpee(m): 4:33pm On Dec 26, 2020
banmee:

Lol....notoriously rough pitch...LWKMD. For tennis? grin Dude, I can imagine the hell your kids will go through all in the name of parenting.
My kids have been to all the continent in the world except Australia and if not for Covid, they would have been there. Little visa that you have you won't allow us hear words. You may even be in South Africa self. My kids were in china last November just before COVID, they saw a lot of Chinese kids designing at very early stages. I took them to science centre in Guangzhou to see robots designed for kids. They all start early. Stay there and be shouting slavery with nothing in your pocket
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 26, 2020
capitalzero:

Internship at bank for kids? How is that possible?
Swimming and learning musical instruments along with other school works are part of early childhood education. It is not about career choice.
It is advised that children should be exposed to multiple skills very early in life. Children with extreme talents that are discovered early in life can however be guided in that direction. Child prodigy.
But any child at 12 years old or JS1 should be enrolled in an apprenticeship programme. However , a child can start to learn any trade at age through parents or relatives.

That is what the parent of the child is doing, he is an apprentice programme.

The last tine i check, bill gates and others started doing little inventions from 7years old.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by MoneyTrees(m): 4:34pm On Dec 26, 2020
Mediocre reasoning angry angry
The boy is a real niggar wink cheesy wink
Pvssy ass niggar people will begin wailing that it's too early to start hustling shocked
Me that when any of my baby maama changes her mind and puts to birth, immediately he's 5 I will buy him an iPhone and teach him how to start bombing like a terrorist all night any day of week cos money good for body e dey remove all the calories grin cheesy
Happy weekend cheesy wink

NwaNimo1:
Slavery - child labour
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by banmee(m): 4:35pm On Dec 26, 2020
helpee:
My kids have been to all the continent in the world except Australia and if not for Covid, they would have been there. Little visa that you have you won't allow us hear words. You may even be in South Africa self. My kids were in china last November just before COVID, they saw a lot of Chinese kids designing at very early stages. I took them to science centre in Guangzhou to see robots designed for kids. They all start early. Stay there and be shouting slave thread with nothing in your pocket

I go bend if you've seen ebute meta. Not with your mentality.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Angelawhite(m): 4:35pm On Dec 26, 2020
capitalzero:

6 year is too early. I know how those ogas relate with kids of that age. If he is learning from his parent or relative it may be an exception. Parents can however enrol their children for apprenticeship from JS1 or 12 year old .
You did not ask wether he’s learning from his parent before screaming child abuse
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Ashirioluwa: 4:35pm On Dec 26, 2020
capitalzero:
Child abuse
Too early
12 year is ok

Our colonial master (the Chinese) never see that way. They start vocational schools very early over there.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Babapyro: 4:35pm On Dec 26, 2020
Some fools will call this child abuse like he is providing a service in return for a commission ,this is skill acquisition
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 26, 2020
Minjim:

Compare the weight of engine or car battery to the Bible
And Evangelism is more profitable to him?
You are one of those that turns bible instructions upside down..
Bad effect of pentecostalism.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Minjim: 4:36pm On Dec 26, 2020
Ghostmode2two:
The young Ibo boys start learning trade very early, Yoruba boys and girls do this too. I salute Benji's drive. Some would call it Child Abuse and labour but Nigeria being the kind of country Nigeria is, I don't think it's what they claimed. In Nigeria today so many graduates from the Universities and polytechnics don't have jobs. So I wish the boy the best. God bless his hustle.

In saner clime this is child labour. Even in Nigeria a child (of primary school age) mustn't hawk goods
Let him be a child first b4 you teach him to be a man
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Incognito403: 4:36pm On Dec 26, 2020
Minjim:

If you have been an apprentice b4 you'll understand why he's too young.
I was an apprentice after high school and I couldn't stand the torture, harassment and bullying. I quit after a year. I will run errand for everyone older than him there

I understand this and that's why I added the last sentence. I really wish there's an avenue for kids to learn practical stuff like this without the abuse.

That vocational studies (or what's it called) they teach them in school is useless theory.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by quickly: 4:36pm On Dec 26, 2020
NwaNimo1:
Slavery - child labour

In Germany and USA you will find under 16 boy that will pieces a car and troubleshoot.

Even small girl will replace your brake pads.

This should be for any child interested in engineering go and learn mechanic/ welding/ eletrican etc work.

By the time you finish university you will be a guru in the work place
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Minjim: 4:38pm On Dec 26, 2020
Juliusmalema:

And Evangelism is more profitable to him?

You are one of those that turns bible instructions upside down..

Bad effect of pentecostalism.

You brought in evangelism.
Don't derail the thread

1 Like

Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:38pm On Dec 26, 2020
Minjim:

In saner clime this is child labour. Even in Nigeria a child (of primary school age) mustn't hawk goods
Let him be a child first b4 you teach him to be a man

This country is upside down no matter the polishing and preaching. Abnormal things are becoming normal

1 Like

Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Adakintroy: 4:40pm On Dec 26, 2020
NwaNimo1:
Slavery - child labour

Mumu spoted.

But America de put their children for boxing, football or athletics class as early as 2 yrs.
.we saw a 7 yrs old weight lifter the other day una no talk.

Na you be the real slave l. If na white man you go read positive meaning to am.

Master is always right people.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by helpee(m): 4:40pm On Dec 26, 2020
banmee:

I go bend if you've seen ebute meta. Not with your mentality.
I get your time. That is science centre with kids their age discussing mechanical engineering...robots at early stages

Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 26, 2020
Minjim:

You brought in evangelism. Don't derail the thread

You are derailing with nonsense belief
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by banmee(m): 4:41pm On Dec 26, 2020
helpee:
I get your time. That is science centre with kids their age discussing mechanical engineering...robots at early stages

Now you are talking.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by WibusJaga: 4:42pm On Dec 26, 2020
NwaNimo1:
Slavery - child labour

capitalzero:
Child abuse
Too early
12 year is ok

This is apparently not a case of child abuse especially if he is under the supervision of his parents.

But if he was given out to a master who may likely exploit him & not attend to his well-being, then it is child abuse.

Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Minjim: 4:44pm On Dec 26, 2020
Incognito403:

I understand this and that's why I added the last sentence. I really wish there's an avenue for kids to learn practical stuff like this without the abuse.

That vocational studies (or what's it called) they teach them in school is useless theory.

I first went to a technical school at Abule Ado in Lagos to study auto mechanic.
Even there you have to be of certain age and qualification.
The workshop has a 404 engine that you can't find 10 of it on Lagos road. Every teaching aid there were relics. The best place to learn is at auto workshops and that boy aren't ripe for it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Free Carfax Reports: 5 Will Be Processed Today. / Direct Tokunbo Engines And Gearboxes / ***HOTT!!!Very Good Car Upholstery Work***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.