Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,423 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:05 AM

A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful (61076 Views)

My New Lagos - Ibadan Train Trip To Abeokuta (Pictures) / Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by SeriouslySense(m): 7:32pm On Dec 26, 2020
it will look like a war zone train, or dirty and unkept, and in a broken state.

Nazgul:
We lack maintenance culture in these country. I'll come back after three years to inspect it.

1 Like

Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 26, 2020
I have no comment. I pray God will have mercy and save Nigeria.
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:35pm On Dec 26, 2020
uptimumOne23:
Don't you just love Baba Buhari

More to come from where it came from
I think the credit should go to osinbajo more than Buhari
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by iamDrRhymes(m): 7:36pm On Dec 26, 2020
Offpoint1:
My joy is: NIGERIAN will ruined it in a period of a year or two and still blame government for lack of maintenance.

Government build substandard facilities, the citizens ruined the substandard facilities and then blamed the government for lack of maintenance. The circle continuous and nation remains where it was....

Funny people

Thank you for this! Irresponsible citizens I call them.

1 Like

Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by uuzba(m): 7:40pm On Dec 26, 2020
Lamasta:
Nice one we are making small progress
What are you making there? Did you make the train?

Chinese youth are gainfully employed fabricating train and numerous Mechanical gadgets.
Your own is to import finished product and remain jobless. Where will you ride the train to if you have no work to go to?
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Lamasta(m): 7:45pm On Dec 26, 2020
uuzba:

What are you making there? Did you make the train?

Chinese youth are gainfully employed fabricating train and numerous Mechanical gadgets.
Your own is to import finished product and remain jobless. Where will you ride the train to if you have no work to go to?
Let's applaud when they do and criticize when they don't do, everything is not criticism...
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:46pm On Dec 26, 2020
RegalBeast:
Unfortunately, I always look at these bits of "progress" celebrated in Nigeria as mediocrity. Just like saying "UP NEPA" when the electricity comes. Now, before you think I'm shaming progress:

Here's an example: giving the masses bags of rice for Christmas VS setting up systems to begin educating students against corruption while making cleanliness and maintenance culture a MUST in society...which of these moves would you celebrate as a Nigerian?

Hint: many Nigerians would regard the second as "speaking grammar" but celebrate the first as sign of progress.

That's because Nigerians are still at the survival stage in the hierarchy of needs.
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Analyst7: 7:48pm On Dec 26, 2020
Can’t wait for train to busan happening live in Nigeria
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:50pm On Dec 26, 2020
OmoManU:

2500 is expensive to you right!

just this afternoon I took a public transport from ojota to the same ibadan and it costs 3k
Won ti gba e
1200 highest 1500
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Cardinalpoint: 7:50pm On Dec 26, 2020
Nigerians deserves the best. Sychophants will praise their mediocre leader for giving outdated coaches to us.
Femi adesina will tell us how we are fortunate to have bubu at the helms of affairs.
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by hgnbello(m): 7:51pm On Dec 26, 2020
Maintenance Will B D Issue
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by OmoManU: 7:57pm On Dec 26, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

Won ti gba e
1200 highest 1500

don't you know there's Xmas and besides it's a salon car, thing is Nigerians don't like paying for services
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:00pm On Dec 26, 2020
OmoManU:

don't you know there's Xmas and besides it's a salon car, thing is Nigerians don't like paying for services
And which normal country does price increase because of Xmas? Is it not supposed to be discount instead.
Yet you're a Nigerian and you paid double for the services
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by blacknoir: 8:01pm On Dec 26, 2020
Give it a year then take the pictures again ,I trust Nigerians maintainance culture
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by kay29000(m): 8:04pm On Dec 26, 2020
I'm going to be using this to get to Lagos from Ibadan on the 31st. I can't wait.
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by mashad(m): 8:06pm On Dec 26, 2020
manneger2:
Before u know they will start eating all manner of things inside the train and they will mess it up.

Who are the 'they'?? You and I
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by lildush(m): 8:06pm On Dec 26, 2020
U wunt recognise the train after 2 years... Dey wunt maintain it..
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by kay29000(m): 8:09pm On Dec 26, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

I give it 6 months, you won't recognize the interior anymore. You'll think they transported chickens in it. The toilet will be out of order... permanently.
The train will start breaking down at intervals after 5 years

I don't think that would happen. The price will scare away the type of people that use facilities anyhow.

1 Like

Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by eeetuk(m): 8:12pm On Dec 26, 2020
Tour Lagos---Ibadan train, inside is beautiful --'--sounds good, but that inspiring reflection will not last long.

Nigeria is a filthy country and before you know it, people will be peeing and throwing their dirty laundry inside---' making it impossible to enjoy next ride

Which black country is well run and organized?
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by kay29000(m): 8:13pm On Dec 26, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

Won ti gba e
1200 highest 1500

That's a lie. I still traveled to and fro Lagos and Ibadan last week, and it was 2k5. Stop lying online. I travel this route at least twice a month, and since Covid hit, bus fare has been between 2-2k5.
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Lordbinsmar: 8:21pm On Dec 26, 2020
Depressed101:
train is not a future... It's a basic means of transportation...
I swear Sir, this is not even a modern train.
Nigerian celebrating mediocrity always.

1 Like

Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by SocialJustice: 8:25pm On Dec 26, 2020
oyatz:
We need to let private sector transport managers manage,operate and maintain these trains
The private sector in Nigeria are made of rogues too and may bring no private sector value like elsewhere.
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:29pm On Dec 26, 2020
kay29000:

That's a lie. I still traveled to and fro Lagos and Ibadan last week, and it was 2k5. Stop lying online. I travel this route at least twice a month, and since Covid hit, bus fare has been between 2-2k5.
Awe 2k-2k5 na for car. Bus is 1k2 to 1k5. And the difference is depending on garage.
If you wan hear, you can even get 1k if you run sole. No be only you dey enter motor for garage.
Maybe na ur own bus you dey enter for your area sha. But for ojota it's 1k2 to 1k5.
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Babapyro: 8:30pm On Dec 26, 2020
And you left the most important part out which is the price, how tacky
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Krixtabel: 8:30pm On Dec 26, 2020
FG should let a private company maintain this trian
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Tekrify(m): 8:31pm On Dec 26, 2020
U are dull..
It worth it...if u have zero idea of infrastructure and it average cost please just like and keep scrolling...
This is a standard guage rail line...double track..
Even some people might wanna quote me with that of Kenya but should note dat Kenya built only a single line...the cost is 1.6bn dollars...don't forget it being linked to the sea port... Go and compare the same cost with other raillines built in the western world.. remember 1960 isn't 2020..
Seyzcham91:
undecided undecided

@60 is it small progress expected from Giant of africa

stop praising Nonsense!

The Actual Funds Budgeted for that Project Can do x10 better than what you seeing but those Greedy, selfish Bastards wouldn't let it

1 Like

Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by sucess001(m): 8:32pm On Dec 26, 2020
This is what you are celebrating? Gaitrain in Johannesburg became operational in 2010 and is light years better than this. God open the eyes of my people. They give you bones and you celebrate it?
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by 10thangel(f): 8:32pm On Dec 26, 2020
2.5k is too expensive. I was in Germany last year and I bought a ticket of 85 euro (about 80k then) for the whole month. The ticket covers any for of transportation within Frankfurt and its metropolis. We travelled with train to Wisbaden everyday which is about 30 minutes by train and board buses too within Wisbaden with same ticket. You can enter any train or bus with same ticket 4 the one month period. Same amount will only take u two weeks and a day just going to & fro Lagos alone. Train is the cheapest means of transportation abroad.
if we want to copy Oyinbo, let's copy them well.

1 Like

Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Edoziesmart(m): 8:34pm On Dec 26, 2020
Very beautiful.

That remind me when I use to board train from my village to my state capital @₦50
As of early 2000's when obasanjo renovate our rail lines.
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by RuMiRgO1stSon: 8:35pm On Dec 26, 2020
well-done PMB����
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by kay29000(m): 8:35pm On Dec 26, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

Awe 2k-2k5 na for car. Bus is 1k2 to 1k5. And the difference is depending on garage.
If you wan hear, you can even get 1k if you run sole. No be only you dey enter motor for garage.
Maybe na ur own bus you dey enter for your area sha. But for ojota it's 1k2 to 1k5.

Stop lying. When was the last time you entered bus from Ojota to Ibadan for 1k2? When??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Is The First Aircraft To Land In Nigeria; In Kano (photo) / Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War / UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.