Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,486 members, 7,958,476 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:10 PM

A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful (61097 Views)

My New Lagos - Ibadan Train Trip To Abeokuta (Pictures) / Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by blackslayer: 2:01am On Dec 27, 2020
someone tell that youtuber that osted the video i will never subscribe to his youtube channel...his enunciations are so irritating! he cannot even say Naira properly! idiot!

1 Like

Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by seguno2: 2:10am On Dec 27, 2020
Badabada:
One of the problems we have as a country is maintenance culture.

Come back after 2years to give us report of you using same service.

How often do you repair, repaint, refurbish, renovate, rebuild etc your own house, old schools, office, shop, factory, mosque, church, shrine etc to maintain them
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by RegalBeast: 2:43am On Dec 27, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

That's because Nigerians are still at the survival stage in the hierarchy of needs.

I understand your perspective, I know too that when a person's basic needs aren't met, their higher cognitive process is generally dysfunctional.

But I assure you it's deeper than that. It's more cultural. Watch the kind of entertainment the average Nigerian gravirates to- music, movies, jokes, conversations. That's one way to measure the average intelligence of a people. Nigerians score low because the current social culture is narrow minded. But this can be changed when an intellectual leader takes power and begins to ingrain intellectualism through clever sensitization.

1 Like

Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by lebete3000: 4:36am On Dec 27, 2020
omoadeleye:
But e too expensive.

We will be boarding our bus and cab to our various destinations like that

How much per fare?
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:40am On Dec 27, 2020
RegalBeast:

I understand your perspective, I know too that when a person's basic needs aren't met, their higher cognitive process is generally dysfunctional.

But I assure you it's deeper than that. It's more cultural. Watch the kind of entertainment the average Nigerian gravirates to- music, movies, jokes, conversations. That's one way to measure the average intelligence of a people. Nigerians score low because the current social culture is narrow minded. But this can be changed when an intellectual leader takes power and begins to ingrain intellectualism through clever sensitization.

Sorry but on what premise do you base people's intellectual capacity on the choice of entertainment?
Where's the relationship?
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by lebete3000: 6:42am On Dec 27, 2020
lacemose:
Took a tour in the New Lagos to Ibadan Train and the experience was beautiful. Was like I was in a first class airplane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le9J3YcWkHM

Is it a one way journey from Lagos to Ibadan or vice-versa?
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Iykemally(m): 7:23am On Dec 27, 2020
Niger way e no go pass 2 years it will be shadow of her old self �
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by erico2k2(m): 7:24am On Dec 27, 2020
oyatz:
We need to let private sector transport managers manage,operate and maintain these trains
its the way 4ward if not the money will be bamboozled
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by adeade83: 7:30am On Dec 27, 2020
Badabada:
One of the problems we have as a country is maintenance culture.

Come back after 2years to give us report of you using same service.

You are 100% correct. We lack maintenance culture or continuity.
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Tekrify(m): 7:54am On Dec 27, 2020
//
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Seyzcham91(m): 8:57am On Dec 27, 2020
i' never said i'm outiside border now infact i'm in this rotten God forsaken self aclaimed Giant of Africa Presently so
Tekrify:
I quoted u because u really really dull.. This statement just proved it... I don't know y Nigerians believe once they are outside the border they are better than those within.. You are abroad dosent mean u better than me .. as far as I am consigned poverty is what pushed u there ur earnings can never make u start anything ober there..u will still run back to build ur house in ur village etc...it not more Dan a mediocre job ur Doing and u can never be more than the average class there so please exclude that as a point..
Fine u have an opportunity of traveling out of frustration and poverty cuz those who are wealthy travel out to catch cruise not to begin another version of hussling...
That project cost 1.6bn dollars a double track standard guage railline of 156km in length...
Go and check the se amount spent on railway project around the globe...
In the UK a 193km railine is being built in London at a cost of 27.5bn dollars
In Indonesia an ordinary 15km metro line is being built for 1.5bn dollars..15km!!!
Saudi Arabia is building a 273km metro line for 22.5bn dollars.
China metro line 3 is just 66km and cost 4.3bn dollars
Do u know Dubai built it first phase railine of length 35km for 4.2bn dollars in 2009..
In Nigeria we built Abuja kaduna railine 186km single track for about 800million dollars and built Lagos Ibadan 156km DOUBLE TRACK for 1.6bn dollars and ur here talking trash.. can we obviously afford the type u see in 1st world countries..what makes a system world-class is the ability to provide comfortable services and High speed and efficiency with great asthetics or in this case architecture...it not until u see every terminal with a glass skyscraper before u know it world class as far as the trains work efficiently with time, are fast and very comfortable with the necessary equipments, the station are clean and well designed also spacious to cater for the population and the system overall us smooth ...that all that matters and makes it world-class ..not until u build terminals u don't necessarily need or trains that are futuristic but cost billions..as far as the ones we have gets the job done..it alright.. before countries built raillines of high cost they understand their capacity and ability to fund it they knew how they STARTED FROM IN TERMS IF DEVELOPMENT ..they are not dull .. that why they are WHITE...but u black niggas think differently...that y u still remain licking the white man's ass...If u brought out point about local content I could have agreed that ur productive...but ur talking about world-class infrastructure that basically includes massive imports...
Do u ever believe if we built any of those world class raillines u dream about.. actual black people will be involved in it making...
You should even be thankful that a coach assembly plant is being built in kajola Ogun state...but u won't appreciate it cuz u don't want productivity like the average black folks... Those billions of dollars used to build futuristic and 1st world class metro in a single city..do u know if brought to Nigeria..it can build nearly 2000km of standard guage rail line connecting atleast atleast 10 major cities or economic zones therefore removing the stresses on the roads and almost revolutionising travel and freight movement...but u dumb BLACK folks will prefer to waste it on just one city cuz ur BLACKKKK that why...u can't find a balance between capacity, needs, wants, demand and supply..
Don't ever in ur life think ur big because ur sweeping streets or selling market abroad...
Good day

Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Halimat04(f): 9:06am On Dec 27, 2020
Our Nigeria brothers nd sisters go soon spoil ham... grin
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by imagrg(m): 9:41am On Dec 27, 2020
Progress.
E remain Electricity problem.
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by drmuri(m): 10:03am On Dec 27, 2020
uptimumOne23:

You should Google
Initiating a project is good.
Seeing it to completion is better
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by wildikeman(m): 11:16am On Dec 27, 2020
Dem go soon spoil am... No be naija
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Isabella199: 11:25am On Dec 27, 2020
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by aboubkr(m): 12:00pm On Dec 27, 2020
Good but when the president said he want to build railway in the north some unscrupulous said it is a waste of money
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by RegalBeast: 1:07pm On Dec 27, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

Sorry but on what premise do you base people's intellectual capacity on the choice of entertainment?
Where's the relationship?

Okay. How you detect is really just a mental algorithm based on some variables here and there. Basically, I discovered this during a trip to a certain other African country. An incident made me curious, so I began taking mental notes while conversing with people. Id note their overall curiosity, exposure, interest, and adductions. Back in Nigeria, I ran the same mental experiment with people. Without going into details, my conclusion from all the research was: if the depth of thought is evident in the choice of media/entertainment captivating an individual, then the average intelligence of a society can be estimated thus.

Note that I explained how this can be changed? The human mind is complex, as there are different variables in each individual's case. Yet there are general rules too.
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by luluosas(m): 9:13pm On Dec 27, 2020
Nice
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Peaceookems: 2:09pm On Dec 28, 2020
lacemose:
Took a tour in the New Lagos to Ibadan Train and the experience was beautiful. Was like I was in a first class airplane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le9J3YcWkHM

What time does the train leave and is it everyday? How long is the journey?
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by DisGuy: 3:22pm On Dec 29, 2020
Peaceookems:

What time does the train leave and is it everyday? How long is the journey?

Departs Lagos 16:00 to Ibadan

Departs Ibadan 08:00 to Lagos

it's currently once daily until End of January? Weekdays

2.5hrs
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 29, 2020
The former train was spoil by our gworo chewing ppl. Beggars will pack themselves enter, sit anyhow.
They spit on the train floor life. And when they use the toilet nko? Tooor!

This one is a bit above their reach Sha.

No hate though but in those days of former Nigeria Railway. Na wetin I see life.
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by hilsQuad: 7:39am On Jan 08, 2021
Ebute Metta Railway Terminal (Aerial View)
Lagos Ibadan Railway Project in 4K#Ebute Metta #Train #Terminal Building#Tracks#SignalLights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M_3i6l9uSw

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Is The First Aircraft To Land In Nigeria; In Kano (photo) / UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray / Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.