Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,216 members, 7,811,594 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! (3326 Views)

She Says We're Just Friends But She Gets Jealous Over Me (Photos) / Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? / 4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 27, 2020
We met far back in early 2018 in school and became good friends later on but as time went by she starts developing feelings to me which she has been trying hard to hide.
At times she called me bf or my husby when she is with her other female friends when I show up to say hello.

I have always make her understand that we are just friends and nothing personal and it is also possible to maintain a platonic friendship between us devoid of romantic or sexual feelings and this she agreed to verbally but keep sending me subtle,covert and indirect signs to express her feelings.

We are still friends but her feelings is pushing me to quit our friendship because I don't want to be in a relationship with any lady just friendship is all I seek for now as a single guy still legally hustling.
Is it okay to continue been a friend with this lady despite her feelings or quit now lest I fall into temptation because she seems desperate.

Your opinions will gauge my next line of action.

3 Likes

Re: As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! by LOVEGINO(m): 10:22am On Dec 27, 2020
If I hear.
Re: As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! by Henrywalker: 10:22am On Dec 27, 2020
Yes, it is. But women usually develops feelings when they are always close to you. So someone who might be in a platonic relationship with you today, may end up developing feelings for you tommorow.

3 Likes

Re: As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! by Kobicove(m): 10:23am On Dec 27, 2020
Yes it's possible
Re: As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! by majamajic(m): 10:24am On Dec 27, 2020
Op seems u like what u don't like
Re: As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! by Ahmad62(m): 10:35am On Dec 27, 2020
Yes it's very possible.... But ........
Re: As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! by OB7Foreva(m): 10:51am On Dec 27, 2020
I don't need no friends (Whether male or female) i'mma grown ass man, what I need is business partners... Even in a relationship it should be 'bout the money making. #Stay Focused

11 Likes

Re: As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! by hashtagged(m): 10:53am On Dec 27, 2020
Nah not possible, maybe distant friends but not close friends, I tried that once and the lady ended up asking me to date her and I couldn't it would just be wierd, keep guys for friends only.

1 Like

Re: As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! by 44Bulldog(m): 10:54am On Dec 27, 2020
BRB
Re: As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! by thesicilian: 10:55am On Dec 27, 2020
It's possible. All you need is self control and discipline.

1 Like

Re: As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! by Ugandatales: 10:57am On Dec 27, 2020
Yes, it is possible...just like it is possible to keep a chicken as a pet, but with time, you will be tempted to eat that chicken, that's where the friendship will end.

8 Likes

Re: As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! by Exmilitant(m): 11:02am On Dec 27, 2020
Someone on this section wrote something about marrying your best friend, why not cultivate her and see if she would be a compliment to you, financially, phisically, psychologically and of course spiritually?

6 Likes

Re: As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! by SavageMaster: 11:24am On Dec 27, 2020
Johnamooh5:
We met far back in early 2018 in school and became good friends later on but as time went by she starts developing feelings to me which she has been trying hard to hide.
At times she called me bf or my husby when she is with her other female friends when I show up to say hello.

I have always make her understand that we are just friends and nothing personal and it is also possible to maintain a platonic friendship between us devoid of romantic or sexual feelings and this she agreed to verbally but keep sending me covert and indirect signs to express her feelings.

We are still friends but her feelings is wanting me to quit our friendship because I don't want to be in a relationship with any lady just friendship is all I seek for now as a single guy still legally hustling.
Is it okay to continue been a friend with this lady despite her feelings or quit now lest I fall into temptation because she seems desperate.

She wants a new definition of the friendship. She wants to take it to another level. You don't.
At this juncture, I think you should part ways.

One day, you may succumb to her advances, or she will "do charm/love potion" for you to agree. If you don't want that, just stay clear.

4 Likes

Re: As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 27, 2020
Johnamooh5:

I have always make her understand that we are just friends and nothing personal and it is also possible to maintain a platonic friendship between us devoid of romantic or sexual feelings and this she agreed to verbally but keep sending me covert and indirect signs to express her feelings.

We are still friends but her feelings is wanting me to quit our friendship because I don't want to be in a relationship with any lady just friendship is all I seek for now as a single guy still legally hustling.

It's Possible But Give D Girl A Chance.
Re: As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! by chocboi78(m): 11:33am On Dec 27, 2020
If she wants a relationship and you don't, then give her some space, so she doesn't get to see or hear from you often

4 Likes

Re: As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! by Shortyy(f): 1:08pm On Dec 27, 2020
Only a gay guy can be friends with a lady.

I've befriended so many guys, but it never worked.

3 mins into the friendship they're already begging for "just the tips".

6 Likes

Re: As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! by KidDarkness(m): 1:39pm On Dec 27, 2020
thesicilian:
A real man talking.....
Re: As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! by Karleb(m): 1:40pm On Dec 27, 2020
Unless you both have bad characters or are ugly.
One person will always attract the other unless you are not friends.
Re: As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! by KidDarkness(m): 1:40pm On Dec 27, 2020
Shortyy:
I'm not gay. What's "just the tips"?
Re: As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 27, 2020
Ugandatales:
Yes, it is possible...just like it is possible to keep a chicken as a pet, but with time, you will be tempted to eat that chicken, that's where the friendship will end.
Hmmnn,this is very deep.

1 Like

Re: As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! by CandyOps(m): 1:45pm On Dec 27, 2020
SavageMaster:

She wants a new definition of the friendship. She wants to take it to another level. You don't.
At this juncture, I think you should part ways.

One day, you may succumb to her advances, or she will "do charm/love potion" for you to agree. If you don't want that, just stay clear.

Oil dey your head abobbi.

My plan has always been get a babe get her preggy or try to. I mean that bush needs a man to mow it braa.

I ain't tryna be a side niggah or some shii like that. I go for goal braa. no time
Re: As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! by millionboi2: 1:45pm On Dec 27, 2020
Johnamooh5:

if she don't extort u cool
Re: As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 27, 2020
thesicilian:
Hmmnn,this is also deep.
Re: As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! by Shortyy(f): 1:48pm On Dec 27, 2020
KidDarkness:

I'm not gay. What's "just the tips"?

Lol ask your counterparts.
Re: As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 27, 2020
millionboi2:
if she don't extort u cool
No she has not but have gave her my phone in the past to make calls with whoever she wants to call on few occasions when she complained that she don't have airtime or call card.
Re: As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! by KidDarkness(m): 1:52pm On Dec 27, 2020
Guys here, please what's " just the tip"? Shortyy said I should ask y'all
Re: As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! by millionboi2: 1:59pm On Dec 27, 2020
CandyOps:

Oil dey your head abobbi.

My plan has always been get a babe get her preggy or try to. I mean that bush needs a man to mow it braa.

I ain't tryna be a side niggah or some shii like that. I go for goal braa. no time
protct urself nigga

1 Like

Re: As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 27, 2020
Shortyy:

This is not just cool,I can decode this as all men are gay's when be friends with women and vice versa.
I am comfortable with been a good friend to her and nothing attached but my reason for this post is her feelings which to me is a distraction.
I am not a male chauvinist or misogynist my reason why I chose to be friend with her.
Not everything that comes up your head or stay in your mind you spill out via writing because the internet never forgets.

1 Like

Re: As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! by Bodyodour: 2:00pm On Dec 27, 2020
Ugandatales:
just like it is possible to keep a dog as a pet, but with time will you Bleep the dog ? I guess no.
All the guy needs is self control.

1 Like

Re: As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 27, 2020
majamajic:
Op seems u like what u don't like
How?
Re: As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! by extol1(m): 2:13pm On Dec 27, 2020
LOVEGINO:
If I hear.
but you don hear why you still dey doubt
Re: As A Guy Is It Possible To Be "Just Friends" With A Lady!!! by agbangam: 2:20pm On Dec 27, 2020
Simp everywhere undecided undecided undecided.....

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Only Insecure Men Care About A Woman's Body Count. / Is There Any Expensive Wine From This Personal Bar Here? (pics Ins.) / I Just Impregnated My Female Lecturer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.