Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,276 members, 7,836,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Should A Married Man Do This? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Married Man Do This? (3498 Views)

Men Can You Allow Another Man Do This To Your Woman? / Ladies, What Type Of Man Do You wish for and the type you intensely dislike? / Ladies: What Kind Of Shape Of Man Do You Like Fat Or Slim Fit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Married Man Do This? by czarr(m): 9:25am On Dec 28, 2020
Should a married man rent a secret apartment where he can go for a couple of days to refresh and recharge his spirit with some alone time away from the whole marriage something?

In the guise of 'i am going for a business meeting or seminar for a few days'

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Married Man Do This? by Olunmercy56(f): 9:27am On Dec 28, 2020
No if you have a wonderful wife

Yes, if you have wicked wife

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Married Man Do This? by Cutehector(m): 9:29am On Dec 28, 2020
It happens.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Married Man Do This? by Sundrus: 9:30am On Dec 28, 2020
That na when married man wan stylishly run away from him responsibility. Him presence na part of the marriage commitment. U wan marry & u still wan live like bachelor. Una go wan eat una cake & still hold the cake.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Married Man Do This? by Mariangeles(f): 9:34am On Dec 28, 2020
czarr:
Should a married man rent a secret apartment where he can go for a couple of days to refresh and recharge his spirit with some alone time away from the whole marriage something?

Are you having that thought?

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Man Do This? by Federalcase(m): 9:35am On Dec 28, 2020
There is no need for secret apartment, If i can't refresh and recharge my spirit in my home then the marriage is no more

6 Likes

Re: Should A Married Man Do This? by Nazgul: 9:36am On Dec 28, 2020
Only an emotionally troubled man or a man with an ulterior motive would do that. Probably trying to blow off some steam from the whole family drama with his side chick.

That's why I do advice men to look beyond beauty and marry women they love.

7 Likes

Re: Should A Married Man Do This? by donbachi(m): 9:40am On Dec 28, 2020
"Refresh and recharge his spirit"....him no see church to go stay there.for like 3days.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Married Man Do This? by debbydams(f): 10:03am On Dec 28, 2020
Hummmm
Re: Should A Married Man Do This? by SimpDetector: 10:10am On Dec 28, 2020
I'm not a supporter of marriage, but this is probably the best decision a married man can take.

Yes, a man needs to take some days off from home. It's essential because it keeps the wife on her toes. It makes her uncomfortable and uncertain about how the man actually feels towards her. This uncertainty and emotional instability that she feels is what makes her attracted to her husband.

The man shouldn't even have to lie that he is going on a business meeting. He just needs to tell her he is taking some days to cool off and be alone. The wife is free to think anything she wants. This singular act alone gets her emotions jumping up and down and when she is in this state, her attraction to the man intensifies.

When you spend everyday with a woman and every night sleeping in the same bed with her, she will begin to lose attraction and respect for you because you are always around. Your attention is cheap.

Women say want your attention but when they have it all the time they begin to despise you. What women actually want is to chase your attention. As a man your attention shouldn't be cheap. A woman has to earn it and even when she does, you just give her in small doses.

But with married men, their attention is always available to the woman because they fuçking live in the same house together and go everywhere together. That's why they have all these issues they have.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Married Man Do This? by Liposure: 11:06am On Dec 28, 2020
It depends. I thought marriage is stress free
Re: Should A Married Man Do This? by baralatie(m): 11:08am On Dec 28, 2020
the pressure must be hot in the headquarters

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Man Do This? by Ahmad62(m): 11:25am On Dec 28, 2020
I suspect something fishy here...
Re: Should A Married Man Do This? by Mariangeles(f): 12:27pm On Dec 28, 2020
Liposure:

How can it be stress free? Stress free for men? Certainly not for the woman!
What is ever stress free in life unless you're just by yourself? cheesy

I sometimes have the thought "Do married women sometimes feel like they need to take breaks?
would it be okay for a married woman to ask to take breaks from everything once in a while to catch her breath from the never-ending demands, and to get in touch with her own self?

Would they even dare to ask?"

I understand the op, but lying about it would be so wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Married Man Do This? by virginprincess(f): 12:38pm On Dec 28, 2020
Any married man that takes such decision already has an interior motive.
Re: Should A Married Man Do This? by czarr(m): 12:47pm On Dec 28, 2020
Mariangeles:

Are you having that thought?
I am actually, sometimes a man needs his space to recharge.
Re: Should A Married Man Do This? by czarr(m): 12:49pm On Dec 28, 2020
Sundrus:
That na when married man wan stylishly run away from him responsibility. Him presence na part of the marriage commitment. U wan marry & u still wan live like bachelor. Una go wan eat una cake & still hold the cake.
being away for a couple of days is not running away from your responsibilities....marriage can be overwhelming i think its healthy to take a break.

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Man Do This? by czarr(m): 12:51pm On Dec 28, 2020
Liposure:
Lies...no marriage is stress free

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Man Do This? by czarr(m): 12:51pm On Dec 28, 2020
Ahmad62:
I suspect something fishy here...
Lol...like what?
Re: Should A Married Man Do This? by Regex: 12:52pm On Dec 28, 2020
Most cartoons I watch that is about families, always do they show that the man of the house has a secret place where he spends time alone and always sneaks there in heat of things in his house.

Never took notice of it except now you brought it up @op.

It's not a bad idea, and should be encouraged.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should A Married Man Do This? by czarr(m): 1:17pm On Dec 28, 2020
Regex:
Most cartoons I watch that is about families, always do they show that the man of the house has a secret place where he spends time alone and always sneaks there in heat of things in his house.

I think it can actually save marriages.
The guy can let of some steam, forever is a long time

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Man Do This? by Mariangeles(f): 1:27pm On Dec 28, 2020
czarr:
I am actually, sometimes a man needs his space to recharge.

Do you know that most women feel that way too? If not more, but are not bold enough to say it...

If you agree that it is not out of place for your wife to ask and be given breaks (from you, the children and everything) once in a while to just be by herself and to catch her breath, then what you're asking for is not too much.

If you feel that way, I think you should have that discussion with your wife.
I believe the feeling is valid.

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Man Do This? by czarr(m): 1:31pm On Dec 28, 2020
Mariangeles:

Do you know that most women feel that way too? If not more, but are not bold enough to say it...

If you agree that it is not out of place for your wife to ask and be given breaks (from you, the children and everything) once in a while to just be by herself and to catch her breath, then what you're asking for is not too much.

If you feel that way, I think you should have that discussion with your wife.
I believe the feeling is valid.
I am not married. but i believe when i do marry i would rent a small apartment for my alone time...and i wouldn't have the "discussion with my wife". she'll want to know the place and she wouldn't believe i am not cheating. no need to complicate things. so i'll just tell her i am travelling for a meeting with business partners.

and women do this too, they say they want to visit their mother or sisters for a few days, the mom looks after the kids while she has a good rest...
Re: Should A Married Man Do This? by Mariangeles(f): 1:32pm On Dec 28, 2020
czarr:
I think it can actually save marriages.
The guy can let of some steam, forever is a long time
I agree that it can save marriages.

Regex:

It's not only about the men though.
Women even have it worse than men.
Re: Should A Married Man Do This? by Mariangeles(f): 1:46pm On Dec 28, 2020
czarr:
I am not married. but i believe when i do marry i would rent a small apartment for my alone time...and i wouldn't have the "discussion with my wife". she'll want to know the place and she wouldn't believe i am not cheating. no need to complicate things. so i'll just tell her i am travelling for a meeting with business partners.

and women do this too, they say they want to visit their mother or sisters for a few days, the mom looks after the kids while she has a good rest...

Lying about it would be wrong and cowardly.
Why would a man want to lie to his family?

3 Likes

Re: Should A Married Man Do This? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 28, 2020
czarr:

You could if you wanted to, all men should have a personal space where they can go to when they need to unwind and think alone. But I don't support being deceitful to your wife about your whereabouts. I sometimes take a weekend off by myself and I always tell my wife where I am so she can reach me in case of emergencies. Also, you don't want to limit yourself to a flat in a specific location. I've found that the best thing that works for me is to lodge at a hotel over the weekend. Your getaway location can be more flexible this way.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Married Man Do This? by czarr(m): 2:04pm On Dec 28, 2020
Mariangeles:

Lying about it would be wrong and cowardly.
Why would a man want to lie to his family?
To save her the stress of thinking i am cheating. the end justifies the means, the end is a peaceful productive less stress marriage.
Re: Should A Married Man Do This? by czarr(m): 2:06pm On Dec 28, 2020
RisenPhoenix1:

You could if you wanted to, all men should have a personal space where they can go to when they need to unwind and think alone. But I don't support being deceitful to your wife about your whereabouts. I sometimes take a weekend off by myself and I always tell my wife where I am so she can reach me in case of emergencies. Also, you don't want to limit yourself to a flat in a specific location. I've found that the best thing that works for me is to lodge at a hotel over the weekend. Your getaway location can be more flexible this way.
hotels are cool too....how does your wife respond to your telling her you want to lodge alone in a hotel?
Re: Should A Married Man Do This? by DaudaTheSexyGuy(m): 2:06pm On Dec 28, 2020
czarr:

I know married men who go remote hotels within the same town to spend a week to recharge, paying for an apartment should not be a big deal

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Man Do This? by czarr(m): 2:09pm On Dec 28, 2020
DaudaTheSexyGuy:

I know married men who go remote hotels writhin the same town to spend a week to recharge, pay for an apartment should not be a big deal
Thank you jare
Re: Should A Married Man Do This? by czarr(m): 2:09pm On Dec 28, 2020
Lalasticlala let people share their views on this na
Re: Should A Married Man Do This? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 28, 2020
czarr:
hotels are cool too....how does your wife respond to your telling her you want to lodge alone in a hotel?

She knows my stance on extra marital affairs, and that I never go against my principles, so she doesn't really mind (or so she says).

Besides, wherever I go, I don't ever stay in seedy hotels; only reputable (but not too expensive) ones. Apart from the better atmosphere, personal security is always important, so don't skimp.
My rule of thumb is that I only stay in the kind of hotel that I can take my kids to (occasionally, I even take the eldest ones along with me so she can take a break as well; I think that's only fair).

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Came And Finished An Unfinished Business [picture] / Why Are Guyz Scared Of Asking Cute Gurlz Out ? / What Really Counts The Face Or The Body?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.