Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,765 members, 7,813,540 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years (55658 Views)

Governor Uba Sani Renames Major Road After El-Rufai / Army Restores Normalcy On Kaduna-jebba Road After Trucks From North Were Blocked / Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years by PHijo(m): 11:11pm On Dec 29, 2020
bigfish3k:

Ofcourse I know but igbo is the major language there.

Bonny and Opobo are mixed just like warri that has isoko, ijaw, urhobo, itshekiri.
But the Ijaws are trying their best to ijawnize the whole place and don't want to recognize the igbo descendants and wanting them to claim that they are not igbos and even organizing ijaw language competitions to try and see if they can diminish the majority igbos.
And phijo is bragging that the igbos there have rejected us.

Ijaw is not the majority in warri but always fight to have a share of the space while at the same time trying to deny the majority igbos in opobo and bonny kingdoms

No, it is not! Not at all. Bonny and Opobo do not have a similar history to Warri. You distorting historical facts.

I didn't say Igbo in Bonny, Opobo or elsewhere rejected Igbos. I wouldn't say that because we don't have Igbos in those kingdoms.

100s of years ago Igbos sold Igbos to us. We sold some to the European traders. Some were integrated into our societies. As long as African Americans are American citizens and not Igbos so Ijawland has no Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years by Kinematics: 11:16pm On Dec 29, 2020
Iykopee:

Posts pictures. I go just enter abuja down, okrika waterside, nembe water side, from abonnema wharf enter bakana go snap pictures. U go understand say na those kalabari/ijaw people suffer pass for this country. grin

You mean potopoto people?

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years by PHijo(m): 11:16pm On Dec 29, 2020
bigfish3k:

Is igbo now an international language that people will be speaking it all over a strange place as their lingua franca

OK, for what purpose

The purpose was to ensure we got the commodities at the lowest possible price and to control our sphere of influence. Apart from Igbo our traders also learnt to speak Portuguese, Spanish, English Ogoni, Ibibio just to mention a few languages.

The language people call broken or pidgin today has its roots in the coastal commercial activities.
Re: Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years by bigfish3k: 11:19pm On Dec 29, 2020
PHijo:

No, it is not! Not at all. Bonny and Opobo do not have a similar history to Warri. You distorting historical facts.

I didn't say Igbo in Bonny, Opobo or elsewhere rejected Igbos. I wouldn't say that because we don't have Igbos in those kingdoms.

100s of years ago Igbos sold Igbos to us. We sold some to the European traders. Some were integrated into our societies. As long as African Americans are American citizens and not Igbos so Ijawland has no Igbos.
African Americans can't trace themselves back because they are overwhelmed by foreign people and they have forgotten their language. And also distance played a major role against them.

In this case you people are only transit point.
And have the same color and proximity and couldn't overwhelm them with your language instead they overwhelmed you with theirs.

So you can't compare yourselves with Americans
Re: Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years by Iykopee(m): 11:20pm On Dec 29, 2020
Kinematics:

You mean potopoto people?

U never posts enough. Just 3 pictures. Abi your brain dey skip? grin
Re: Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years by bigfish3k: 11:23pm On Dec 29, 2020
PHijo:

The purpose was to ensure we got the commodities at the lowest possible price and to control our sphere of influence. Apart from Igbo our traders also learnt to speak Portuguese, Spanish, English Ogoni, Ibibio just to mention a few languages.

The language people call broken or pidgin today has its roots in the coastal commercial activities.
Which of the languages you claim they learnt has endured like the igbo.

Igbo language is outstanding there and it's overwhelming because of the large igbo indigenes there. So you can't deny them their igboness especially when they stayed put with the language
Re: Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years by PHijo(m): 11:26pm On Dec 29, 2020
bigfish3k:

African Americans can't trace themselves back because they are overwhelmed by foreign people and they have forgotten their language. And also distance played a major role against them.

In this case you people are only transit point.
And have the same color and proximity and couldn't overwhelm them with your language instead they overwhelmed you with theirs.

So you can't compare yourselves with Americans

Do you think the slaves were fewer than the slave owners in the Americas? Use your head!

No slave overpowered anybody. In fact in the kingdom of one of the monarchs you claimed is an Igbo, speaking Igbo language was punishable by death.

If people from Igboland were kept in Ijawland it is because Ijaw families adopted them as adopted children.
Re: Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years by PHijo(m): 11:29pm On Dec 29, 2020
bigfish3k:

Which of the languages you claim they learnt has endured like the igbo.

Igbo language is outstanding there and it's overwhelming because of the large igbo indigenes there. So you can't deny them their igboness especially when they stayed put with the language

Many Ijaws from the defunct eastern region learnt how to speak Igbo in school. It was part of the Igbo plan to take our homeland but God being faithful, he pushed them to take actions that made them lose their position in Nigeria.
Re: Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years by Kinematics: 11:32pm On Dec 29, 2020
PHijo:

Many Ijaws from the defunct eastern region learnt how to speak Igbo in school. It was part of the Igbo plan to take our homeland but God being faithful, he pushed them to take actions that made them lose their position in Nigeria.

They forced our fathers and mothers to learn ibo by making it compulsory in schools and even churches.

I remember back in the day when even in church they'll want to be interpreting what the pastor is saying in Ibo.

Thank God our people have wised up.

Non ibos all over the Niger Delta are wise now.

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years by Moventist: 11:33pm On Dec 29, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:
Wait so 150 years ago it was linked by road?

Wike too dey lie and him no Sabi talk at all at all

I sure say all these Wike touts and cultists wey dey quote me no even see the original headline. Wike don promise Una say Una go guard government House and Una believe grin person wey be miscreant go allow miscreants guard him and him family? 3 years remaining him go commot Shi Shi Una no go see.

He links the ancient Island by road after 150 years of it establishment . They were crossing the ocean through to get in there
Re: Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years by Iykopee(m): 11:35pm On Dec 29, 2020
PHijo:

U sabi lie oh. I know say u dey drink something grin
Re: Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years by PHijo(m): 11:37pm On Dec 29, 2020
Iykopee:

I dey drink water! If you sabi, you sabi
Re: Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years by Kinematics: 11:37pm On Dec 29, 2020
Iykopee:

Whats lie about what he wrote? Was Ibo not compulsory in schools back then in the 60s, 70s and early 80s?

Once our people wised up they scrapped the nonsense.
Re: Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years by bigfish3k: 11:38pm On Dec 29, 2020
PHijo:

Do you think the slaves were fewer than the slave owners in the Americas? Use your head!

No slave overpowered anybody. In fact in the kingdom of one of the monarchs you claimed is an Igbo, speaking Igbo language was punishable by death.

If people from Igboland were kept in Ijawland it is because Ijaw families adopted them as adopted children.

The punishable by death didn't achieve its aim because igbo is widely spoken there till tomorrow.
Its nice that they adopted them. It's their destiny to now be an indigene of such places but we shouldn't just because of present day hatred for the igbos deny them their origins.
Everybody has history of migration so it shouldn't be used against anybody. In the early formation of the world heavy migration played a very important role and even up till now the world is still shuffling and reshuffling itself
Re: Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years by Iykopee(m): 11:40pm On Dec 29, 2020
Kinematics:

Whats lie about what he wrote? Was Ibo not compulsory in schools back then in the 60s, 70s and early 80s?

Show us the syllabus from 1960 where it was made compulsory to study Igbo language......

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years by Kinematics: 11:41pm On Dec 29, 2020
Iykopee:

Show us the syllabus from 1960 where it was made compulsory to study Igbo language......

Quite obvious I've been replying a neophyte.
Re: Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years by bigfish3k: 11:43pm On Dec 29, 2020
PHijo:

Igbo is part of the the WAZOBIA of Nigeria.
Nobody forced you.
Such subjects are optional

You either do one of igbo, Yoruba or Hausa.
I schooled in Lagos so I did Yoruba. It wasn't force. Stop lying

You could have chosen yoruba
Re: Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years by PHijo(m): 11:47pm On Dec 29, 2020
bigfish3k:

Igbo is part of the the WAZOBIA of Nigeria.
Nobody forced you.
Such subjects are optional

You either do one of igbo, Yoruba or Hausa.
I schooled in Lagos so I did Yoruba. It wasn't force. Stop lying

You could have chosen yoruba

Did you school in the 50s or 60s?
Re: Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years by Iykopee(m): 11:48pm On Dec 29, 2020
Kinematics:

Quite obvious I've been replying a neophyte.

Lying is your pastime...u ended up a story teller with your ancient lies. grin
Re: Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years by bigfish3k: 11:49pm On Dec 29, 2020
PHijo:

Did you school in the 50s or 60s?
In the 90's
Re: Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years by PHijo(m): 11:49pm On Dec 29, 2020
bigfish3k:

The punishable by death didn't achieve its aim because igbo is widely spoken there till tomorrow.
Its nice that they adopted them. It's their destiny to now be an indigene of such places but we shouldn't just because of present day hatred for the igbos deny them their origins.
Everybody has history of migration so it shouldn't be used against anybody. In the early formation of the world heavy migration played a very important role and even up till now the world is still shuffling and reshuffling itself

Nobody hates the Igbos. They should respect their boundaries which happens to be their landlocked states and we won't have issues.

It is your bad behaviour that is causing problems for you across the globe.
Re: Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years by PHijo(m): 11:52pm On Dec 29, 2020
bigfish3k:

In the 90's

Then go and play with your mates or seat quietly and listen to elders.
You schooled in the 90s and you claim policies of the 50s and 60s are lies.
Re: Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years by bigfish3k: 11:54pm On Dec 29, 2020
PHijo:

Nobody hates the Igbos. They should respect their boundaries which happens to be their landlocked states and we won't have issues.

Our boundaries stops where the sole of Igbo speaking people stops.
Its not you that will define boundaries for us
Re: Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years by Iykopee(m): 11:54pm On Dec 29, 2020
The other liar has absconded with his tales by kaikai grin

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years by bigfish3k: 11:56pm On Dec 29, 2020
PHijo:

Then go and play with your mates or seat quietly and listen to elders.
You schooled in the 90s and you claim policies of the 50s and 60s are lies.
I told you that igbo is part of the WAZOBIA.
You had options of the other two major language.
Its not an Igbo thing, it's a Nigerian thing
Re: Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years by bigfish3k: 11:57pm On Dec 29, 2020
Iykopee:
The other liar has absconded with his tales by kaikai grin
Hahahha
Re: Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years by Iykopee(m): 12:01am On Dec 30, 2020
bigfish3k:

Hahahha

Just imagine these liars saying Igbo lingual franca was made compulsory for non speaking Igbos back in 60's. It behooves on them to prove beyond reasonable. Their figment of the imagination won't fly tonight.

I want to see evidence of that claim. Not stories from kaikai joints.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years by bigfish3k: 12:01am On Dec 30, 2020
PHijo:

Is it the same bad behavior that Israelites did last caused their deaths in the hands of the Germans?

We will continue to strive until we get there. The world hates truth.
Re: Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years by Nobody: 12:01am On Dec 30, 2020
Christistruth00:

The fact that the Oba of Benin has Yoruba heritage and Origin doesn't make the Edo to be Yoruba

Do not try to impose Igbo Hegemony on them

They know best where they want to belong

The Oba of Benin has 0 yoruba heritage or origin.
The yoruba didn't exist until 1808. And in 1808 yoruba meant "people from oyo".
The name of the people of Benin empire is Edo !
The Oba of Benin's lineage goes way back.

Why have some of you dedicated your life to just spread lies online ?
You know all this, I have already told you several times and shown all the proof to you, but like the idiot you are, you just repeating your lies preying on gullible and intellectually deficient people.

The first written records of west africa (1400s) already mention Benin Kingdom and its king the Oba of Benin ! A direct ancestor of the current Oba of Benin !

The word Oba was copied from Benin by the yoruba.
Re: Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years by bigfish3k: 12:02am On Dec 30, 2020
Iykopee:

Just imagine these liars saying Igbo lingual franca was made compulsory for non speaking Igbos back in 60's. It behooves on them to prove beyond reasonable. Their figment of the imagination won't fly tonight.

I want to see evidence of that claim. Not stories from kaikai joints.
Yeah, it's just igbo hatred

But God is with us
Re: Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 30, 2020
bigfish3k:

Yeah, it's just igbo hatred

But God is with us

You guys are delusional.
Speaking a language doesn't translate to being related.
Re: Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years by afube: 12:18am On Dec 30, 2020
Bonesking:
E be like say suicide dey hungry you. No be my hand them go hear say Kinematic drink Sniper out depression.

Bring your evidence you no bring. I get more for my arsenal. Na one by one I go dey drop am.

bombard dem wella !!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers / Fulani Herdsmen: South-east Governors In Abuja Over Attacks / Governor Dave Umahi Is Real Mr Projects, Check Out His Recent Projects (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.