Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,724 members, 7,813,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? (38182 Views)

Top 15 TV Series Of All Time / Top 5 Movies App For Android / What Are Your Top 5 Movies Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by Dagenius53: 4:24pm On Dec 30, 2020
How to get away with murder.

That series will forever be in my heart
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by thundafire: 4:25pm On Dec 30, 2020
ogbiwa:
Name the top 5 movies and top 5 series of all time that you've seen

Mine:

MOVIES

5 - The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
The last battle between the humans ad th orcs is one of the most epic battle scenes of all time.

4 - The Rattlesnake
Surprising because I hardly watch Nollywood. But this Amaka Igwe's 95 or 96 classic is a legendary story (Ahanna, Peter, Adaugo etc)

3 - Black Hawk Down
My best war film of all time. Shows the gritty and not so heroic aspects of war fims. Same as Mel Gibson's We Were Soldiers and Tom Hank's Saving Private Ryan. Epics

2 - Troy
Achilles's "We are Lions" speech before the battle of Troy still leaves a lump in my throat whenever I watch it. As well as the death scene of prince Hector. I am still angry though that Paris and his lover get to survive after Troy was destroyed and everyone else died due to the stupidity they called love.

1 - Titanic
Everything about this movie intrigues me. Literally everything. From when the ship left Southampton, when Jack met Rose, that epic "My heart will go on" soundtrack against the backdrop of a ship on an endless ocean at night (tears). Even when old Rose threw the diamond into the black ocean and watched it sink to the bottom. Absolutely classic

Notable mentions:
Robo cop
Con air
12 years a slave
Air Force One (Harrison Ford)
Harriet
The notebook
Hotel Rwanda
Wedding party
The Mummy
Mr Bones
Black November
American sniper

SERIES

5 - Modern Family
My favorite characters
Jay Pritchett
Luke
Dylan grin
Phil
Gloria

4 - Strike Back
The only downside to this series is that Michael and Scott are virtually unkillable. They'll enter a house with 50 armed hostiles shooting at them yet all the bullets miraculously miss them, yet they kill the hostiles with only one shot each. But other than that this series keeps me glued. Micheal and Scott's bromance is the highlight of the entire series

3 - Two and a half men
Only up to season 8 though. After they removed Charlie it became a snorefest. Ashton Kutcher did not in anyway make up for Charlie's absence in my opinion. But the seasons with Charlie oh my God grin

2 - 24
What can I say. I have learnt A LOT about politics, cyber warfare, terrorism etc from this series.

1 - Game of thrones
Every single scene in Game of thrones is a classic. Every single scene. No other series does this for me. I have probably watched all seasons at least 3 times

Notable mentions:
How I met your mother
Friends
The Punisher
Orange county
Money heist

So that's mine. Let's have yours.
Lord of the rings is supposed to be number 1. The film is a real classic,then Game of thrones follow
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by clacicar: 4:25pm On Dec 30, 2020
Series: Money Heist
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by abtallest24(m): 4:26pm On Dec 30, 2020
Movies
1 friday 13th
2. Olympus has fallen
3. Commando (indian)
4 battle for Aleppo
5 final destination

Series

1. Into the Badland
2. Frindge
3. Strike back
4. Merlin
5. The last ship
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by Dididrumz(m): 4:26pm On Dec 30, 2020
Ahmed4002:
Movies:

1. The Shawshank Redemption
2. Deep Water Horizon
3. Acrimony
4. The Fault in our stars
5. Brave Heart

Bonus :

Hacksaw Ridge
Black Panther
Everything Everything
Message in a bottle
Dear John
The boy who harness the wind
Christmas chronicles 1 and 2
Christmas : Jingle Jangle

Series

1. Prison break
2. Breaking Bad
3. Money Heist
4. Game of Thrones
5. Vikings

Bonus:

Dare Devils
American Odyssey
Cursed
Strike back

I guess you live horror movies
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by aircom(m): 4:26pm On Dec 30, 2020
Any movie from the visionary director - Christopher Nolan
works for me. grin

However, my top 5 are in no particular order ;

Interstellar
Avengers : End game
Pirates of the Caribbean : Dead men tell no tales
Mission Impossible ( the franchise)
Godfather

For series ... anything short of intense drama/action or nothing

Breaking Bad
Originals
Peaky Blinders
Blacklist
How to get away with murder

Please make it 7 grin so that 24 and prisonbreak can make my list wink
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by uthlaw: 4:27pm On Dec 30, 2020
prison break 24hrs strike back king of boys Empire!
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by Juliearth(f): 4:27pm On Dec 30, 2020
Etinosa1234:
Series
Band of brothers
Money heist
Merlin.
24(planning to rewatch it .. watched it when I was very young)

Movies
Saving Private Ryan
My way
Enemies at the gate
Hacksaw Ridge
Fury

If u know the type of films I mentioned, u would understand the genre of films I love most

I sure do! Hacksaw ridge was a trail blazer, wonder why I didnt add it to my list. You should see Pearl harbour too. Its a nice movie.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by masterfactor(m): 4:28pm On Dec 30, 2020
SERIES
Spartacus-That series contains everything that makes a good series from romance, war, politics, betrayal, intrigue and lot of catch phrases. For example when Spartacus was in the arena as a new slave, he was only given a wooden sword to defend himself and when he defeated the well trained Gladiator he was granted life, when the senator ask Lagadus Glabar what name does the man bear, he said "I NEVER CARED TO ASK" that was epic..

Power- This series tell a story about a young man called ghost and his best friend tommy who grow up in new York, they wear trained by a street nigger call kenan, who thought them how to run the drug business. Ghost had everything and wanted to leave the drug business but circumstances didn't let him quite, till he was murder by his own son.

Avatar (Last Airbender)-Talks about a young avatar who can manipulate all four elements, when the world needed him most he disappeared.

Legend of the seeker
Prison break

movies
300(catch phrases was mad like I prefer to die on my feet than to live on my kneels)..
The killer(no physical combat, the guns do all the talking, chow yun fat can waste one magazine on just one person)
Universal soldier(Van dan was something else with that his classic finishing kick)
Double impact(Bolo young was what a villain is suppose to be)
Evil cult(This made me love all jetli movies
)

Notable Mentions
saw 1-7
Total recall (Arnold shawsneeger)
jeepers creepers
Evil death 1-3
Iron Monkey
Danny the Dog
The one
spy kids
Blade
snake in the monkey shadow
snake in the eagle shadow

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by Ahmed4002(m): 4:29pm On Dec 30, 2020
Dididrumz:

I guess you live horror movies

There is no single horror movie up there on my list.

It's ranges from

Romance
Fantasy
Action
Comedy

Can you point out the horror among them
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by Yabsun(m): 4:29pm On Dec 30, 2020
Movies
1. Acrimony
2. 3 idiots
3. Hotel Mumbai
4. Saworoide
5. Titanic

Series
1 The men's club (TMC)
2. Her mother's daughter
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by Plut01: 4:29pm On Dec 30, 2020

Lord of the ring

Queen of Nernia

Basoong!

Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by georgecso(m): 4:30pm On Dec 30, 2020
5 Series films
1. Lost
2. Prison Break
3. 24
4. Designated Survivor
5. Spartacus

5 Movies
1. The Matrix
2. Lord of the rings
3. The Extractions
4. Gladiator
5. Ninja Assassin
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by Slimpotter(m): 4:30pm On Dec 30, 2020
Top 5 movies

Harry Potter franchise
Pirates of the Caribbean franchise
Lord of the rings trilogy and the Hobbit trilogy
Underworld franchise
James Bond franchise

Top 5 series
Da Vinci's demons
The Originals
The Mandalorian
Megas XLR
The Arrowverse series (The flash, legends of tomorrow)

Notable mentions
The whole Avengers build up and franchise.
His Dark Materials
Orange is the new black
House of cards
Bob hearts Abishola
Batwoman
How to get away with murder
Star Wars the Clone wars
Star Wars Rebels
The Star Wars franchise
Batman vs Superman Dawn of Justice
Mission Impossible franchise.
Titans DC comics series
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by Ogarexmas: 4:31pm On Dec 30, 2020
Odyssey

Troy

Kesari

The Raid

The Tournament
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 4:31pm On Dec 30, 2020
Series:
1.Dark
2.Got
3.Fringe
4.The walking dead
5.The office (the original one,British version)
Movie:
1: The road
2: No country for old man
3:Mr nobody
4:Kingdom of heaven
5:Matrix.
Bonus 6: Hateful eight and pulp fiction.
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by Palmerbarry: 4:32pm On Dec 30, 2020
Movies...

5. Apocalypto -- (Action)

4. Mr Bean's Holiday -- (Comedy)

3. Love don't cost a thing -- (Romance)

2. In time -- (survival)

1. Ex Machina -- (intelligence + tech)

Series...

5. Vikings

4. Prison break

3. Spartacus

2. Hacker 2016 (movie)

1. Merlin -- (G.O.A.T)

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by Olam09(m): 4:32pm On Dec 30, 2020
Just mercy
Accepted
Something in the rain
A fall from grace
Kissing booth 2
Project power and many more....
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by Dididrumz(m): 4:34pm On Dec 30, 2020
Ahmed4002:

There is no single horror movie up there on my list.

It's ranges from

Romance
Fantasy
Action
Comedy

Can you point out the horror among them

I mistook Hacksaw for Jigsaw
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by jakizio42(m): 4:34pm On Dec 30, 2020
Movies
I hardly remember movies I've watched i just watch and delete so my list will be based on the current ones i can vividly remember
1.Underground

2.vanguard

3.Malang

4.hotel mumbai

5.The witches(2020) lol

Series
Thing is i don't watch lots of em but sha
From the few I've watched
Here goes:
1.flash/DC legend of tomorrow

2.Elites

3.money heist

4.sex education

5. can't remember sef(this isn't a series o lol)

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by beelyjay45(m): 4:34pm On Dec 30, 2020
sERIES:

sONS OF aNARCHY

bREAKING bAD

bOSTON lEGAL

cASTLE & cASTLE
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by tunize(m): 4:34pm On Dec 30, 2020
Movies:
Face Off
Hotel Rwanda
Mr. Bones
Anaconda
Transporter.

Series:
Prison Break
Teen wolf
Blind spot
Lost
Power
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by mespusinglez(m): 4:34pm On Dec 30, 2020
Prison Break Vikings Into the Badlands Empress KI City Hunter
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by Incognitress(f): 4:34pm On Dec 30, 2020
Movies:

1.Outpost
2. Endgame
3. Titanic
4. Central intelligence
5. Poseidon

Series:

1. How I met your mother
2. How to get away with murder
3. Prison break
4. Money heist
5. Modern family/ the Simpsons
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by typicalgamer(m): 4:34pm On Dec 30, 2020
Movie
Gone with the wind.
Argo.
James Cameron Avatar
Face off
Blade runner

Series

Tom and Jerry
Breaking bad
Game of thrones
Blacklist
Avata the last Airbender (in my defense it was the best show during it's time of airing)

Honorable mentioned CHERNOBYL
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by Humorme2(f): 4:34pm On Dec 30, 2020
Series

Vampire diaries
Secret life of an American teenager
Teen wolf
Jane the virgin
Make it or Break it
The Carrie Diaries
Everybody hates Chris
The Heirs
Healer
Pinocchio Syndrome

Movies

Doctor sleep
Fatal attraction
The boy next door
Aquaman
Skyscraper
Indecent Proposal

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by Stanley1155: 4:35pm On Dec 30, 2020
Where is 24
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by TGON(m): 4:35pm On Dec 30, 2020
Series 1. POWER!!!

2. LEGEND OF THE SEEKER

3. The 100

4. THE LAST SHIP

5. MERLIN/AVATAR

Movies:
1. Accrimony

2. 3 idiots

3. Extraction

4. Forever my girl

5. The train (the only nollywood movie)
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by soojar(m): 4:35pm On Dec 30, 2020
If you are a comedy lover like me, for series go for

1. My name is Earl
2. Monk (watch out, people might think you are mad for laughing all by yourself when you just remember some scenes in that series)
3. Trial and Error (oh my God, just the mention of this is making me laugh right now). Just 2 seasons unfortunately
4. The good place

A lover of Action? for series
1. 24
2. Prison Break
3. Burn Notice
4. Chuck (Action/comedy)

A lover of Epic? for series
1. Game of thrones
2. Vikings
3. Spartacus

For drama? there are quite a lot here, but these few deserve mention
1. Ozark
2. Orange is the new black
3. Suits
4. How to get away with Murder
5. This is Us

For other genres, I will update later, make I go find something chop

ogbiwa:
Name the top 5 movies and top 5 series of all time that you've seen

Mine:

MOVIES

5 - The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
The last battle between the humans ad th orcs is one of the most epic battle scenes of all time.

4 - The Rattlesnake
Surprising because I hardly watch Nollywood. But this Amaka Igwe's 95 or 96 classic is a legendary story (Ahanna, Peter, Adaugo etc)

3 - Black Hawk Down
My best war film of all time. Shows the gritty and not so heroic aspects of war fims. Same as Mel Gibson's We Were Soldiers and Tom Hank's Saving Private Ryan. Epics

2 - Troy
Achilles's "We are Lions" speech before the battle of Troy still leaves a lump in my throat whenever I watch it. As well as the death scene of prince Hector. I am still angry though that Paris and his lover get to survive after Troy was destroyed and everyone else died due to the stupidity they called love.

1 - Titanic
Everything about this movie intrigues me. Literally everything. From when the ship left Southampton, when Jack met Rose, that epic "My heart will go on" soundtrack against the backdrop of a ship on an endless ocean at night (tears). Even when old Rose threw the diamond into the black ocean and watched it sink to the bottom. Absolutely classic

Notable mentions:
Robo cop
Con air
12 years a slave
Air Force One (Harrison Ford)
Harriet
The notebook
Hotel Rwanda
Wedding party
The Mummy
Mr Bones
Black November
American sniper

SERIES

5 - Modern Family
My favorite characters
Jay Pritchett
Luke
Dylan grin
Phil
Gloria

4 - Strike Back
The only downside to this series is that Michael and Scott are virtually unkillable. They'll enter a house with 50 armed hostiles shooting at them yet all the bullets miraculously miss them, yet they kill the hostiles with only one shot each. But other than that this series keeps me glued. Micheal and Scott's bromance is the highlight of the entire series

3 - Two and a half men
Only up to season 8 though. After they removed Charlie it became a snorefest. Ashton Kutcher did not in anyway make up for Charlie's absence in my opinion. But the seasons with Charlie oh my God grin

2 - 24
What can I say. I have learnt A LOT about politics, cyber warfare, terrorism etc from this series.

1 - Game of thrones
Every single scene in Game of thrones is a classic. Every single scene. No other series does this for me. I have probably watched all seasons at least 3 times

Notable mentions:
How I met your mother
Friends
The Punisher
Orange county
Money heist

So that's mine. Let's have yours.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by EmmyG012(m): 4:36pm On Dec 30, 2020
All those people saying merlin I just don't know what to say to u undecided undecided undecided
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by Etinosa1234: 4:36pm On Dec 30, 2020
Juliearth:

I sure do! Hacksaw ridge was a trail blazer, wonder why I didnt add it to my list. You should see Pearl harbour too. Its a nice movie.

Omo, the first time I watched hacksaw Ridge, I was so intensed... I had to quickly scroll to the ending to see what happened..

I've watched pearl Harbour also... Apart from when the Japanese attacked them, the remaining parts became boring.. maybe its because I'm not a man of love tho cheesy

Have u see Valkyrie... That one is more intense than hacksaw Ridge ...esp when they were caught and executed... I nearly cried embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

BBNaija: Saga Breaks Down In Tears Over Nini’s Disappearance / BBNaija: Biggie Punishes Saga For Violating Secret Task Rule / Tanzania's Idris Wins Big Brother Africa Hotshots [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.