Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,431 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? (38261 Views)

Top 15 TV Series Of All Time / Top 5 Movies App For Android / What Are Your Top 5 Movies Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by Krasid(m): 5:28pm On Dec 30, 2020
Top five Series: 1. The Big bang theory 1. Game of thrones 3. Two and a half men 4. Money heist 5. Prison break
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by SeriouslySense(m): 5:29pm On Dec 30, 2020
Very good actors in supernatural, but i don't like the way the season ended, how they made God the villian, and made the son of the devil, the new God.

cheesy cheesy cheesy, Although it was clear to me that supernatural tries to push certain agendas, but they characters are written well

Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by Etinosa1234: 5:30pm On Dec 30, 2020
Juliearth:

Abeg, e don do! Lol!! I am trying to figure out how I am going to see the two you recommended and you are adding another one again. That is an elixir for being moody.

Sorry ma...no vex...

If not for sub issue, there are also some that I intend downloading..

I'm planning to open a Netflix account.. most films I want to download are there

While watching the films, I intend traveling ... I'd start with the national war museum in Abia...

Omo... Next year will be sweet for me Sha...
Make my work pay first grin
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by Numbthepain: 5:31pm On Dec 30, 2020
The Passenger
Menace 2 society

The originals
Narcos
Vikings
Two and a half men
The last kingdom
Dominion
Supernatural

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by isaythetruth(m): 5:31pm On Dec 30, 2020
FBI, I have watched from season 1 to 3... all episodes.
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by QVicky10(f): 5:33pm On Dec 30, 2020
My top five series are in no particular order
1. Scandal
2. House M.D
3. Altered Carbon
4. The Office
5. The Umbrella Academy
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by Stavross(m): 5:34pm On Dec 30, 2020
techstack:
Series:
Homeland
Desperate housewives
The Good deeds

Black Hawk Down
The Croods 1 &2
Olympus Has Fallen
I gave you a like because of 'Homeland' That TV shows is legendary.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by Flamemignon1(m): 5:34pm On Dec 30, 2020
Yenefer:
Suits
Ozark
Godless
Modern family
How i met your mother
Stranger things
Perky blinders
Shameless
Barbaren
Narcos
Dope
Seal team
Westworld
Funnily Enough, your series isn't included or is it because you disappeared at the end?
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by Etinosa1234: 5:35pm On Dec 30, 2020
Scarrr:
world war movies

U sabi am joor

Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by Ubanky(m): 5:36pm On Dec 30, 2020
series The Walking Dead Prison Break Merlin The Originals Xena(the warrior princess)
Movies The Lord of the Ring The 13th Warrior Black Mask Mr Bean Soldier Boyz
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by HomerTimpson: 5:36pm On Dec 30, 2020
ogbiwa:
Name the top 5 movies and top 5 series of all time that you've seen

Mine:

MOVIES

5 - The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
The last battle between the humans ad th orcs is one of the most epic battle scenes of all time.

4 - The Rattlesnake
Surprising because I hardly watch Nollywood. But this Amaka Igwe's 95 or 96 classic is a legendary story (Ahanna, Peter, Adaugo etc)

3 - Black Hawk Down
My best war film of all time. Shows the gritty and not so heroic aspects of war fims. Same as Mel Gibson's We Were Soldiers and Tom Hank's Saving Private Ryan. Epics

2 - Troy
Achilles's "We are Lions" speech before the battle of Troy still leaves a lump in my throat whenever I watch it. As well as the death scene of prince Hector. I am still angry though that Paris and his lover get to survive after Troy was destroyed and everyone else died due to the stupidity they called love.

1 - Titanic
Everything about this movie intrigues me. Literally everything. From when the ship left Southampton, when Jack met Rose, that epic "My heart will go on" soundtrack against the backdrop of a ship on an endless ocean at night (tears). Even when old Rose threw the diamond into the black ocean and watched it sink to the bottom. Absolutely classic

Notable mentions:
Robo cop
Con air
12 years a slave
Air Force One (Harrison Ford)
Harriet
The notebook
Hotel Rwanda
Wedding party
The Mummy
Mr Bones
Black November
American sniper

SERIES

5 - Modern Family
My favorite characters
Jay Pritchett
Luke
Dylan grin
Phil
Gloria

4 - Strike Back
The only downside to this series is that Michael and Scott are virtually unkillable. They'll enter a house with 50 armed hostiles shooting at them yet all the bullets miraculously miss them, yet they kill the hostiles with only one shot each. But other than that this series keeps me glued. Micheal and Scott's bromance is the highlight of the entire series

3 - Two and a half men
Only up to season 8 though. After they removed Charlie it became a snorefest. Ashton Kutcher did not in anyway make up for Charlie's absence in my opinion. But the seasons with Charlie oh my God grin

2 - 24
What can I say. I have learnt A LOT about politics, cyber warfare, terrorism etc from this series.

1 - Game of thrones
Every single scene in Game of thrones is a classic. Every single scene. No other series does this for me. I have probably watched all seasons at least 3 times

Notable mentions:
How I met your mother
Friends
The Punisher
Orange county
Money heist

So that's mine. Let's have yours.
abeg where can I download that 24 gangan have searched for it tire
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by hopexter(m): 5:37pm On Dec 30, 2020
Jumong
The king face
Princess K
Arthedal chronicles

Some other forgotten K series grin
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by Ofiagu(m): 5:37pm On Dec 30, 2020
Op, Talking of movies from Hollywood:

Begin with Schwarznegar's Predator, Commando.
John Rambo's First blood and Rambo 1,2.
What you learn here is that no obstacle is beyond the human spirit to overcome.
Deep within man lies great powers to overcome all odd, especially when you are working in your own rights and not being rogue in what you do.

Series:
-Legend of the Seeker.
-Marlin.
What you should learn from these two great series is that life is full of evil machinations and conspiracies. Sometimes it feels like there is no chance for good man to survive. It feels like life of integrity is no longer needed.
But this movies prove that even evil "prophesies" of doom and hopelessness can be twarted by a determined human spirit.

Richard Cipher would stubornly go against the so called "prophesy" and emerge triumphantly at the end. That is my take away from that Legend of Seeker.
Life is fool of circumstances that tend to discourage one from making positive moves. Sometimes, life would present you with the option of suicide or hopelessness.
Don't take it, rather create your own Future by fighting through the odds. You will emerge victorious eventually. I assure you.

Go back and watch these series again. Ignore the romance there. You will see that the movies are both great life teachers where you learn to persevere and fight your way irrespective of what the trends or "prophesies".

THAT IS HOW NIGERIAN YOUTHS ARE SUPPOSED TO UNITE AND WORK OUT A PEACEFUL AND AMICABLE FORMULA FOR BETTERING NIGERIA.
WE REJECT WHAT IS ON GROUND FOR THE YOUNG NIGERIAN, BUT VIOLENCE IS NEVER AN OPTION.

THERE IS A PERFECT FORMULA, DEVOID OF CHAOS. INFACT, IT IS A SOLUTION TO ALL CHAOTICS.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by BuddhaPalm(m): 5:38pm On Dec 30, 2020
internationalman:
Does it mean everybody just really likes Game of Thrones or they are just following crowd preference?.

GOT is peerless.

There's nothing else quite like it.
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by SeriouslySense(m): 5:38pm On Dec 30, 2020
cheesy cheesy cheesy for a series, that tries to tell a story of a world in ruins, or zombie apocalypse's, its interesting to see the scenarios that will play out, which is that human beings can be more deadly than even the dead or are also the walking dead. The entrance of Negan only and the shock of the brutality, he meted out through his favorite lucille, was so tiring for me, and to cap it all was the death of rick grimmes, i was done with the show, i will rather watch the sister Shows, like fear the walking dead or walking dead, world beyond, chance to see fresh stories, from other angles.

Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by Petersamuel8(m): 5:40pm On Dec 30, 2020
For me
Movies Titanic

Series 24 hours
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by brightalo1010: 5:45pm On Dec 30, 2020
Series

24 jack bauer

24 jack bauer

24 jack bauer

24 jack bauer.

Prison break.

Titanic.

Rattlesnake

Igodo.

Olympus has fallen.

Many movies dey Sha.
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by SeriouslySense(m): 5:45pm On Dec 30, 2020
cheesy cheesy cheesy
The first episode of game of thrones was interesting since it started with the introduction of the Stark family and their association with the center of authority from westoros, the manipulative queen, her illegitimate child, the stark children and their ambition, and the looming threat of the white walkers.
I was drawn immediately but i stopped watching when the onslaught on the stark's became unbearable to watch, but after two years, when the Starks began to re-emerge as a family and kingdom, i returned to watched every episode. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by Juliearth(f): 5:46pm On Dec 30, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Sorry ma...no vex...

If not for sub issue, there are also some that I intend downloading..

I'm planning to open a Netflix account.. most films I want to download are there

While watching the films, I intend traveling ... I'd start with the national war museum in Abia...

Omo... Next year will be sweet for me Sha...
Make my work pay first grin

Smiles, I love your optimism. Good luck!
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by Akuruoulo(m): 5:46pm On Dec 30, 2020
Lion king, avartar, delta force, aladin and rainbow . I dnt like any series
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by Vianna(f): 5:46pm On Dec 30, 2020
Movies.
1. Shawshank redemption

2. The Gods must be crazy

3. Mighty Joe young

4. Sholay

5. Pulp fiction

Series just 2

1. Boondocks

2. Legend of the seeker

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 30, 2020
I don't watch movies like that but i love most movies from Christopher Nolan.

I also love psychological thriller movies.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by ibkayee(f): 5:50pm On Dec 30, 2020
Series

PEEP SHOW (Seasons 2 to 7)

Bojack Horseman

That is all.
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by Jimmyubah2: 5:51pm On Dec 30, 2020
1. The God Father
2. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
3. Rules of Engagement.
4. The Family.
5. The Negotiator/The Professional.
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by CastingCrowns(f): 5:53pm On Dec 30, 2020
The Walking Dead.
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by FreeLine: 5:55pm On Dec 30, 2020
SeriouslySense:
Very good actors in supernatural, but i don't like the way the season ended, how they made God the villian, and made the son of the devil, the new God.

cheesy cheesy cheesy, Although it was clear to me that supernatural tries to push certain agendas, but they characters are written well
The major reason I decided to quit watching at some point.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by hustla(m): 5:57pm On Dec 30, 2020
A series without

The Wire
Breaking bad
Better call saul
The Godfather

Is invalid as hell
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by SeriouslySense(m): 5:59pm On Dec 30, 2020
The Backlist
cheesy cheesy cheesy, One of My favorite, It Starts with an innocent Agent keen who just started working for the FBI, unknown to her, her husband is a spy, her mother who was assumed dead is alive also known as a traitor of America.

On her first day to start working with the FBI, she is urgently taken by the FBI on request by one of the most wanted fugitive in America, who has made a deal with the FBI on the condition that he works with Agent Keen. During the course of their work Agent Keen, begins to suspect that this fugitive may be her father, and she becomes more curious about his secrets.

The show, dives, into the top criminals in the world and their sophistication and how they span across nations. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by AmigoDeDon(m): 6:00pm On Dec 30, 2020
Last American virgin
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by chigomiced: 6:00pm On Dec 30, 2020
series:
Prison Break Game of thrones Suits The Good wife 2½ men ( two and a half men)

Movies:
prince of persia 300 lord of war ghost rider million dollar baby
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by CEOwatazs: 6:01pm On Dec 30, 2020
SERIES
In no particular order
- the originals
- the vampire diaries
- the 100
- Merlin
- revolution
- how to get away with murder.

Not the movie type..... I've watched alot of them sha.... My favorite is 300, both parts. I've watched them like a million time
Re: What Are Your Top 5 Movies And Series Of All Time? by SeriouslySense(m): 6:02pm On Dec 30, 2020
for me, i could not stop, i grew to like the characters, dean, sam, castiel, and others

FreeLine:

The major reason I decided to quit watching at some point.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Who Is The Prettiest Yoruba Actress? (see Contenders Pics) / 5 Things To Learn From Efe Bbnaija Win / Is He Really Dead? (nonso Diobi)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.