Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,348 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Fake Nigerian Prophets Of Year 2020 - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fake Nigerian Prophets Of Year 2020 (2224 Views)

How Nigerian Prophets Gave 15 Fake Prophecies – Report / 2022: Don't Listen To Prophets Of Doom, Prophet Abiara Tells Nigerians / Was The God Of The Poor Apostles And Prophets Of Old, A Poor God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fake Nigerian Prophets Of Year 2020 by petra1(m): 11:58pm On Jan 19, 2021
Image123:

What you call prophetic declarations is not prophesy, it is more of prayers and positive confessions. "It shall be well with you, you will not miss your way, this year god will favour you, you will not be stranded, somebody here will shed tears of joy. If you believe it shout hallelujah/amen." These are prayers FROM MAN TO GOD.

2 Chronicles 20:20
. . .Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.

They are prophetic declarations .that is why they have to do it by faith. They are utterances under the influence of Gods spirit .

Romans 12:6
. . Whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith

You don't need to believe prophecy. it is coming whether you like it or not. Except you take concrete actions. But you need to believe when you pray. This is basic primary school christianity. That is why i said most people are babyish, because they still don't get it.

In prophecy there is forthtelling (declarations) and Foretelling (Prediction) You seem to be mixing up the two.

Prediction may not require faith as you said . But making declarations upon a person or people under influence of the spirit is of faith and require agreement .

Paul and elders made prophetic declarations on Timothy at his ordination . And you could see Paul telling him to meditate on those words and do warfare by those prophetic words .

1 Timothy 1:18
This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare

1Ti 4:14 — 1Ti 4:15
Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery. Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.
Re: Fake Nigerian Prophets Of Year 2020 by Image123(m): 7:34am On Jan 20, 2021
petra1:

2 Chronicles 20:20
. . .Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.

They are prophetic declarations .that is why they have to do it by faith. They are utterances under the influence of Gods spirit .

Romans 12:6
. . Whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith

Jo my man, seems you just went to look for where they put faith and prophecy in the same verse without understanding what i said. We both know that Christians walk by faith and whatever is not of faith is sin. It is therefore implied that you obey God by faith, live by faith, preach by faith, heal by faith, minister by faith, sleep by faith, and of course prophesy by faith.
This is different from having to believe a prophecy. While the prophet should prophesy according to the proportion of faith, if you believe or not, the prophecy is coming.(Of course you know the context of the definition of prophecy in this case. That is the context that the thread talks about and that most people understand it and most ministers put it out).
And of course, believe God's servants means to believe they are genuine and from God. Not to be like kings like Ahab and the children of Israel who didn't believe the prophets to be God's servants but persecuted them. Their unbelief didn't affect the prophecies of the prophets. It seems it made the prophecies more graphic and powerful.

In prophecy there is forthtelling (declarations) and Foretelling (Prediction) You seem to be mixing up the two.

Prediction may not require faith as you said . But making declarations upon a person or people under influence of the spirit is of faith and require agreement .

Paul and elders made prophetic declarations on Timothy at his ordination . And you could see Paul telling him to meditate on those words and do warfare by those prophetic words .

1 Timothy 1:18
This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare

1Ti 4:14 — 1Ti 4:15
Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery. Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

Making declarations over people is prayers and prayers require faith, that we are agreed on except for the word(prophetic declaration). The Bible does not call them prophetic declarations, you did. They are simply prayers.
Of course, prophecy is not meant to be trifled with, despised or neglected. You take appropriate actions. This is different from you saying you have to believe them or agree with them. You agree with prayers(like Amen is an agreement example). If you get a prophecy that someone is going to die next week or be promoted next week. No need for believe or agreement for it to happen. God doesn't need anyone to believe He's going to destroy the world. The prophecy comes, people like Noah, Abraham and Lot take appropriate actions.

When ministers say they have 42 prophecy or 12 or 31 or 1thousand prophecies for 2021. The general idea is this is from God to man. These specific things are to happen in 2021. But the point is that most of these so called prophecies are not from God but prayers from men to God, or worse still gambles that deceive the gullible.
Re: Fake Nigerian Prophets Of Year 2020 by Image123(m): 7:35am On Jan 20, 2021
These are examples of what people call prophecy. These are at best prayers and wishes. Prophecy is not commonplace, vague and directionless.

1. This year 2021, Nigeria shall be great.
2. those who obey and serve the Lord faithfully this year there are multiple blessings.
3. There will be outstanding testimonies for those who are thought to be barren and those who have been waiting on the Lord for fruits of the womb. There will be increase in multiple births. It is a year of joy for them.
4. It is year of favour and progress for the downtrodden;they will be elevated says the Lord Almighty.
5. Pray seriously for Nigeria against instablity.A shadow was seen covering the Nigerian flag .
6. Pray against increase in deaths among the perceived high and mighty this year. 

On and on it goes. These are prayers at best, not prophecy. Except you have not seen or experienced real prophecy, then they can sell this one to you as gbanjo prophecy.
Re: Fake Nigerian Prophets Of Year 2020 by petra1(m): 10:20am On Jan 20, 2021
Image123:

Jo my man, seems you just went to look for where they put faith and prophecy in the same verse without understanding what i said. We both know that Christians walk by faith and whatever is not of faith is sin. It is therefore implied that you obey God by faith, live by faith, preach by faith, heal by faith, minister by faith, sleep by faith, and of course prophesy by faith.
This is different from having to believe a prophecy. While the prophet should prophesy according to the proportion of faith, if you believe or not, the prophecy is coming.(Of course you know the context of the definition of prophecy in this case

That's the point. The thread on its own is on wrong foundation. The definition of prophecy is the issue . The line was not drawn between forthtelling and Foretelling.

Ofcourse some ministers mix the two together. There are diffeent categories of prophets. Some prophets are annoited to speak to nation or the world while some can only speak to individuals. Its not everyone who prophesy that is a prophet .

All of us can prophesy by faith. I get your point that a Seer who is a prophet predicts a future which must come to pass. But the Op misunderstand new year prophetic declarations of men of God on their congregation as prediction. That's my point. I agree that some men of God who see nothing try to predict by whatever flesh ,CNN ,Assumption. Etc.
Re: Fake Nigerian Prophets Of Year 2020 by Image123(m): 1:59pm On Jan 20, 2021
petra1:

That's the point. The thread on its own is on wrong foundation. The definition of prophecy is the issue . The line was not drawn between forthtelling and Foretelling.

Ofcourse some ministers mix the two together. There are diffeent categories of prophets. Some prophets are annoited to speak to nation or the world while some can only speak to individuals. Its not everyone who prophesy that is a prophet .

All of us can prophesy by faith. I get your point that a Seer who is a prophet predicts a future which must come to pass. But the Op misunderstand new year prophetic declarations of men of God on their congregation as prediction. That's my point. I agree that some men of God who see nothing try to predict by whatever flesh ,CNN ,Assumption. Etc.

You get the point. The ministers also have the part to play in not playing to the gallery, sensitizing their sheep and staying in their callings. Everyone wants to be prophet by force.

Mark 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

This is the basis for what you call prophetic declarations, which many call prophecy. It is actually for all believers, WHOSOEVER. If a pastor or overseer or bishop says something and believes it, and his/her congregation "tap into it", they have it. Note though that it is not prophecy but prayers(like the next verse elaborates), coming from MAN to God.

This is different from prophecy coming from God to edify believers, or the popular one(foretelling).

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Created The Concept "God" Inorder To Explain The Mystery Of Life. / Atheism - Is It A Belief Or A Position? / 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.