Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 (48920 Views)

My Near Death Experience When I Tried To Sleep With A Lady - True Life Story / My Near Death Experiences With Nigeria Police / Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by FarahAideed: 10:14am On Jan 03, 2021
Sad you should never have allowed it reach the point where they stabbed you ...You could have been killed you know and your phone still taken ..the first thing you should have done is to give them what they want and only fight if they want to hurt you

15 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by ableguy(m): 10:14am On Jan 03, 2021
Hmmmmm, thank God they didn't kill you.
Next time don't struggle with people that have weapons, it's risky. Allow them have whatever they came for as they are likely going to less violent on you, the worst part of the story is that you lost everything las Las.

4 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Afam4eva(m): 10:15am On Jan 03, 2021
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by LoisKitchen(f): 10:15am On Jan 03, 2021
Mmm...
This young man seems to love his phone and the little change in his pocket more than his precious life.Lucky you.

Your actions are not wise.

21 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by doggedfighter(f): 10:15am On Jan 03, 2021
S
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by pascalbenz: 10:16am On Jan 03, 2021
grin grin grin
Lastmankc:
You're right brother,I remembered in 2015,When I and my guys board a vehicle from lokoja to Lagos we went for a POP job in lokoja,and the owner of the job gave us about 500k to give to our boss in Lagos the remaining balance of the contract.We got to oshodi by 12am,when we alighted from the bus,I immediately notice some guys 8 in numbers staring at us from one end of the park.Before we know it,these guys have started following us .i just called my guys and told them what was happening which most of them already know.We immediately brought out our work equipment and converted it to weapons,when these guys saw what was happening they all ran back.
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 03, 2021
GayPontiff:
Simple....go back there and bait them.

That's their territory.

Bait them but this time outsmart them and kill them all.
baba u think say na Sylvester stallone u dey watch?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by tellwisdom: 10:17am On Jan 03, 2021
Chai..Another young vibrant guy gone. RIP bro. God grant you eternal rest. undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Oktane: 10:17am On Jan 03, 2021
Lastmankc:
You're right brother,I remembered in 2015,When I and my guys board a vehicle from lokoja to Lagos we went for a POP job in lokoja,and the owner of the job gave us about 500k to give to our boss in Lagos the remaining balance of the contract.We got to oshodi by 12am,when we alighted from the bus,I immediately notice some guys 8 in numbers staring at us from one end of the park.Before we know it,these guys have started following us .i just called my guys and told them what was happening which most of them already know.We immediately brought out our work equipment and converted it to weapons,when these guys saw what was happening they all ran back.

Most important thing I read here was about the fact that this near perfect rendition of your experience is coming from a graduate POP Installer. You are a worthy youth who will go very farrrrrr! More grease to your fingers bro.

16 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by dederocs(m): 10:18am On Jan 03, 2021
Nigerians be wise, self preservation is key, we ought to agitate for gun ownership,we need to start killing off these scums, they are useless.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by dannybrasky(m): 10:19am On Jan 03, 2021
geek4k:

Less than halfway through the journey, the bus began to develop issues and finally stopped just before Wuye Arab bridge. We all had to come down from the vehicle in pursuit of an alternative to our various destinations.

That spot is notorious for such occurrence,yet nothing has been done to curb the activities of those men from the underworld. Sorry bro.

6 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by pascalbenz: 10:20am On Jan 03, 2021
Coolgent:
Complain to your Church CEO he will compensate you from your already paid tithes.

You sound like tribal bigot
bobo why the matter come dey pain you ... If you sight Hausa guys you no go no ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by zamani2021: 10:22am On Jan 03, 2021
God will keep you safe in 2021

2 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by tiredoflife(m): 10:23am On Jan 03, 2021
geek4k:
Despite the ecstatic vibe attached to the last day of the year (Gruesome 2020 especially), It ended sadly for me as I experienced a near death situation.

On 31st December, I and my friend decided to experience a great cross-over night at Glory Dome, Dunamis Church Abuja. We boarded a bus from Arab junction, Jabi to Lugbe where the Church is located.

Less than halfway through the journey, the bus began to develop issues and finally stopped just before Wuye Arab bridge. We all had to come down from the vehicle in pursuit of an alternative to our various destinations.

I and my friend walked over to the other end of the bridge while we waited for a cab heading our route. Unluckily for us, we stood there for a while, we couldn’t find any cab as most of them were already filled up and most of the other passengers had already gone their separate ways.

It was becoming dark, lonely, and scary giving the nature of the place we were standing. Just less than 4feets our back were bushes, albeit downhill, and underneath the bridge is a railway track, you won’t be able to tell even because it’s filled with outright darkness.

It was becoming tiring and frustrating, we looked down and noticed 3 guys heading our position, they were seated initially for some while, we both thought they were from same vehicle we boarded and frustrated as we were, my friend suggested we team up with them and look for cab together, I jokingly replied “What if they’re here to rob us..?” We both laughed.

Unbeknownst to us, they actually were. They got closer and to where we were standing, subtly attempting to encircle us while I was looking forward to them passing us, my friend ran off immediately, before I could realize they already formed a triangle grid around me each of them bearing long, sharp knives shouting “Hey! hey!! bring your pocket..!!”.

Being ganged up, held down and threatened to be stabbed if you don’t comply, It was indeed a vicious moment for me, and all I could think of was how I could get out of that situation unhurt. But despite the fear that engulfed me, I stood my ground holding my pocket firmly while they tried to forcefully penetrate in with their hands.

My friend was on the other side, almost at the middle of the express road shouting “Thieves..!” to at least call the attention of motorists but they all formed swirled track avoiding him, perhaps thinking it was a plot to get the robbed?

After several resistance from my end, I got stabbed on my thigh by one of the guys, I then had to let go as they emptied my pocket, carting away with my phone and wallet.

Attempting to run back into the bush, I immediately went after the one that got my phone, he kind of lost orientation and was almost headed towards the bridge while his other gang were heading to the bush. He immediately turned around swinging his long knife so I wouldn’t get close, he then threw the phone to his other gang in the bush and they all ran away.

These robbers were skinny, tall hausa boys all wearing face caps, I was so devastated that if I had a gun, I wouldn’t hesitate even in a split second to put three bullets in their heads. Why does bad thing always happen to good people? I’m not insinuating I’m a saint but I’ll never to this to a fellow. Why me?

Anyways, after the sad occurrence of losing everything I had and almost my life, it reasonable to go back home just as my friend suggested, but instead we still waited, get a cab and head to the church where we had the cross over night. I personally didn’t have any good experience despite dancing and joyous experience everyone had there.

I lost my Samsung A30, Gtb, Diamond and Payoneer debit cards and some cash in the wallet all to one night

Anyways, I’m looking for who can track my phone using maybe the IMEI number? the phone pack, receipt are still intact.

Lastly, kindly learn from my story and avoid that Wuye bridge at all cost.

U are a big fool
So u saw three guys with knives
U held ur ground

U have no self defence skill
U had no weapon to defend yourself
The only thing u had was ur total stupidity
U held on to ur pocket
Only one stab ur stupidity gave way and allowed them take ur phone

I lost a stupid cousin like this
He was fighting for his bike with thieves that carried guns
He was shot.
U are lucky they didn't spill out ur intestines
U stupid thing that wants to kill yourself cos of a stupid phone and atm cards

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by bujebudanu1(m): 10:23am On Jan 03, 2021
Same experience at itowolo bus stop, ikorodu 2019.

I was waiting with a girl to board bus to ikorodu from the brt bus stop there.

All of a sudden , a bike stopped with 3 guys ,immediately they started searching for something on the road while moving towards us and forming a formation.

Sensed danger and I Japad to the other side of the road where I was coming from with people and light and I watched as they rob the lady of her phone.

I was less than 2mins action.

One of told me to come when I tried crossing.

I still bless God for making me escape that robbery

15 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by NelJ(m): 10:23am On Jan 03, 2021
MejiLoyon:
That your friend na confirm street.
He sense danger japa immediately. That's street man.
You're lucky. Let me lay down a few rules that might help other otus like you

Never walk at night. If you must walk at night be on guard. If the street is lonely jog if you can. If you see someone at one side approaching you cross to the other side. If he cross follow you na thief. Japa. As in efele. If na small lane hold big stone and make it obvious say you hold big stone. He go change him mind. Hehehe. He fit even greet you good evening sef. Trust me if works. Also never chase after a thief if them pass two. Make them no go mend you.

In all let's be safe. God no go shame us
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by BigBrother9ja: 10:23am On Jan 03, 2021
Kestolove:
Extraordinary things am doing, ordinary things no fit move mi again
Or deh
Lack of comprehension...

1 Like

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by ibechris(m): 10:24am On Jan 03, 2021
The only rule I have maintained since I was born is to avoid night out from 6:30.pm no more till the next day.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Oju4190: 10:25am On Jan 03, 2021
U were lucky that they didn't stab u at Ur stomach.. Those tins can be replace but Ur life cannot.....

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by spiceadole: 10:25am On Jan 03, 2021
If you had stayed back home,you wouldn't have witnessed such.
You people really think you must attend cross over service.
The God you were going to worship couldn't prevent you from being robbed.
It's a pity

9 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by BigBrother9ja: 10:26am On Jan 03, 2021
GayPontiff:
Simple....go back there and bait them.

That's their territory.

Bait them but this time outsmart them and kill them all.
That's the best thing.
Let him go there with a fully loaded gun and a standby motorcycle to run away with after giving them two bullets each in their butocks.

1 Like

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by imagrg(m): 10:26am On Jan 03, 2021
'Crossover' is a religious mentality which will do you no good.
Everyday is like any other day.
#BeWise

18 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by DonFreshmoney(m): 10:26am On Jan 03, 2021
@geek4k.. sorry for your bad experience.. from Arab junction to Berger to wuye junction is very dangerous from 9pm.. it's better to always be on the move or join other people waiting, dont ever stand on your own or with your friend in a lonely spot.

8 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by sylve11: 10:27am On Jan 03, 2021
dominique:
You people were told not to go to anywhere to do any cross over ceremony you didn't listen, now see what happened. A lady cried out on twitter that her brother was robbed and killed while coming from crossover service. You know the level of insecurity in the country and you still want to be moving around at odd hours of the day. I don't know why most Nigerians are like this

they will never listen. cool

5 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Godmademan(m): 10:28am On Jan 03, 2021
You were stabbed on the thigh and you still went to cross over. Are yoy sure it was a stab?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by leonard002(m): 10:28am On Jan 03, 2021
You could have just given them all your valuables peacefully, or pushed them off and ran as fast as your legs could carry you. You are lucky you came out with your life intact. Sorry for your ordeal

1 Like

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Jimmy231: 10:28am On Jan 03, 2021
Valkrie:
[b][/b]

If someone advice you to stay at home and enjoy your crossover you would say No that it must be church...now you have lost things and almost lost your life..and your church CEO dont give a fucck about it or even care. ..he would still be expecting you to give offering to qualify you to receive the new year blessing...!!

Better you put yourself and safety first before any damn church... !! Lots have lost their life trying hard to see and experience God in a church when the true fact is that God is residing in them and always with you and at any place you find yourself...

Take heart...next time learn and use your number six.. even church CEO go out with securities too to their cross over night..that should tell you many things..
Short the Bleep up up what of if him stay for house same arm robber come rub am Una go say na because him no go church . Hypocrite. Sense far from you

10 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by BigBrother9ja: 10:29am On Jan 03, 2021
dederocs:
Nigerians be wise, self preservation is key, we ought to agitate for gun ownership,we need to start killing off these scums, they are useless.
Nonsense!
What if they had guns too?
Will you think of taking gun to church?
Use your head...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by bluefilm: 10:29am On Jan 03, 2021
geek4k:
Despite the ecstatic vibe attached to the last day of the year (Gruesome 2020 especially), It ended sadly for me as I experienced a near death situation.

On 31st December, I and my friend decided to experience a great cross-over night at Glory Dome, Dunamis Church Abuja. We boarded a bus from Arab junction, Jabi to Lugbe where the Church is located.

I and my friend walked over to the other end of the bridge while we waited for a cab heading our route. Unluckily for us, we stood there for a while, we couldn’t find any cab as most of them were already filled up and most of the other passengers had already gone their separate ways.

It was becoming dark, lonely, and scary giving the nature of the place we were standing. Just less than 4feets our back were bushes, albeit downhill, and underneath the bridge is a railway track, you won’t be able to tell even because it’s filled with outright darkness.

It was becoming tiring and frustrating, we looked down and noticed 3 guys heading our position, they were seated initially for some while, we both thought they were from same vehicle we boarded and frustrated as we were, my friend suggested we team up with them and look for cab together, I jokingly replied “What if they’re here to rob us..?” We both laughed.

Unbeknownst to us, they actually were. They got closer and to where we were standing, subtly attempting to encircle us while I was looking forward to them passing us, my friend ran off immediately, before I could realize they already formed a triangle grid around me each of them bearing long, sharp knives shouting “Hey! hey!! bring your pocket..!!”.

Being ganged up, held down and threatened to be stabbed if you don’t comply, It was indeed a vicious moment for me, and all I could think of was how I could get out of that situation unhurt. But despite the fear that engulfed me, I stood my ground holding my pocket firmly while they tried to forcefully penetrate in with their hands.

My friend was on the other side, almost at the middle of the express road shouting “Thieves..!” to at least call the attention of motorists but they all formed swirled track avoiding him, perhaps thinking it was a plot to get the robbed?

After several resistance from my end, I got stabbed on my thigh by one of the guys, I then had to let go as they emptied my pocket, carting away with my phone and wallet.

Attempting to run back into the bush, I immediately went after the one that got my phone, he kind of lost orientation and was almost headed towards the bridge while his other gang were heading to the bush. He immediately turned around swinging his long knife so I wouldn’t get close, he then threw the phone to his other gang in the bush and they all ran away.

These robbers were skinny, tall hausa boys all wearing face caps, I was so devastated that if I had a gun, I wouldn’t hesitate even in a split second to put three bullets in their heads. Why does bad thing always happen to good people? I’m not insinuating I’m a saint but I’ll never to this to a fellow. Why me?

Anyways, after the sad occurrence of losing everything I had and almost my life, it reasonable to go back home just as my friend suggested, but instead we still waited, get a cab and head to the church where we had the cross over night. I personally didn’t have any good experience despite dancing and joyous experience everyone had there.

I lost my Samsung A30, Gtb, Diamond and Payoneer debit cards and some cash in the wallet all to one night

Anyways, I’m looking for who can track my phone using maybe the IMEI number? the phone pack, receipt are still intact.

Lastly, kindly learn from my story and avoid that Wuye bridge at all cost.

Na this simple adventure you dey call near-death experience?

Wetin even make am near death sef?

Wetin you wan make Jack Bauer of CTU call im own experience in the hands of international terrorists if na this small jonsing by some hungry hausa miscreants you dey call near death?

Ha ha ha grin grin grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bolanle Raheem: Policeman Arrested For Shooting Female Lawyer Dead In Lagos / Police Offer N10 million Reward For Capture Of Wanted Serial Killer 'Ghana'. PIC / Man Commits Suicide In Port Harcourt By Stabbing (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.