Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 (48949 Views)

My Near Death Experience When I Tried To Sleep With A Lady - True Life Story / My Near Death Experiences With Nigeria Police / Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by DropsMic(m): 11:19am On Jan 03, 2021
GodWrites:

I'm so happy your comment is on FP. This is the best advice so far.

Never struggle with thieves, unless you're suicidal and looking for a means to die.

It's not worth losing a drop of blood indeed.

Dude was forming James Bond cheesy

Some people just prefer learning their lessons the hard way. I'm sure he has learnt his. grin
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by nkemdi89(f): 11:21am On Jan 03, 2021
Those their knives are poisonous, in Abuja if you don't have a sound car or you can't use Uber avoid night movement , you can do crossover anywhere , going far isn't necessary.

2 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by georgeakins: 11:22am On Jan 03, 2021
The story is fake. You were stabbed in the thigh and you were still able to attend the service ? Was there no bleeding at all?

Enough of fabricated stories this year!

4 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Prechgold1180(m): 11:23am On Jan 03, 2021
geek4k:
Despite the ecstatic vibe attached to the last day of the year (Gruesome 2020 especially), It ended sadly for me as I experienced a near death situation.

On 31st December, I and my friend decided to experience a great cross-over night at Glory Dome, Dunamis Church Abuja. We boarded a bus from Arab junction, Jabi to Lugbe where the Church is located.

Less than halfway through the journey, the bus began to develop issues and finally stopped just before Wuye Arab bridge. We all had to come down from the vehicle in pursuit of an alternative to our various destinations.

I and my friend walked over to the other end of the bridge while we waited for a cab heading our route. Unluckily for us, we stood there for a while, we couldn’t find any cab as most of them were already filled up and most of the other passengers had already gone their separate ways.

It was becoming dark, lonely, and scary giving the nature of the place we were standing. Just less than 4feets our back were bushes, albeit downhill, and underneath the bridge is a railway track, you won’t be able to tell even because it’s filled with outright darkness.

It was becoming tiring and frustrating, we looked down and noticed 3 guys heading our position, they were seated initially for some while, we both thought they were from same vehicle we boarded and frustrated as we were, my friend suggested we team up with them and look for cab together, I jokingly replied “What if they’re here to rob us..?” We both laughed.

Unbeknownst to us, they actually were. They got closer and to where we were standing, subtly attempting to encircle us while I was looking forward to them passing us, my friend ran off immediately, before I could realize they already formed a triangle grid around me each of them bearing long, sharp knives shouting “Hey! hey!! bring your pocket..!!”.

Being ganged up, held down and threatened to be stabbed if you don’t comply, It was indeed a vicious moment for me, and all I could think of was how I could get out of that situation unhurt. But despite the fear that engulfed me, I stood my ground holding my pocket firmly while they tried to forcefully penetrate in with their hands.

My friend was on the other side, almost at the middle of the express road shouting “Thieves..!” to at least call the attention of motorists but they all formed swirled track avoiding him, perhaps thinking it was a plot to get the robbed?

After several resistance from my end, I got stabbed on my thigh by one of the guys, I then had to let go as they emptied my pocket, carting away with my phone and wallet.

Attempting to run back into the bush, I immediately went after the one that got my phone, he kind of lost orientation and was almost headed towards the bridge while his other gang were heading to the bush. He immediately turned around swinging his long knife so I wouldn’t get close, he then threw the phone to his other gang in the bush and they all ran away.

These robbers were skinny, tall hausa boys all wearing face caps, I was so devastated that if I had a gun, I wouldn’t hesitate even in a split second to put three bullets in their heads. Why does bad thing always happen to good people? I’m not insinuating I’m a saint but I’ll never to this to a fellow. Why me?

Anyways, after the sad occurrence of losing everything I had and almost my life, it reasonable to go back home just as my friend suggested, but instead we still waited, get a cab and head to the church where we had the cross over night. I personally didn’t have any good experience despite dancing and joyous experience everyone had there.

I lost my Samsung A30, Gtb, Diamond and Payoneer debit cards and some cash in the wallet all to one night

Anyways, I’m looking for who can track my phone using maybe the IMEI number? the phone pack, receipt are still intact.

Lastly, kindly learn from my story and avoid that Wuye bridge at all cost.
that same crossover night robbers killed my neighbor in Benin
A normal bus driver who went out to hustle for his family

The sad news made me cry jan 1st
Sad

1 Like

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 03, 2021
Valkrie:
[b][/b]

If someone advice you to stay at home and enjoy your crossover you would say No that it must be church...now you have lost things and almost lost your life..and your church CEO dont give a fucck about it or even care. ..he would still be expecting you to give offering to qualify you to receive the new year blessing...!!

Better you put yourself and safety first before any damn church... !! Lots have lost their life trying hard to see and experience God in a church when the true fact is that God is residing in them and always with you and at any place you find yourself...

Take heart...next time learn and use your number six.. even church CEO go out with securities too to their cross over night..that should tell you many things..

Excellent response
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Tapout(m): 11:23am On Jan 03, 2021
geek4k:

Sorry for your loss man...even tho I advise against standing your ground when being robbed, still do so if the situation at hand allows it (yours was a risky one tho cos they were armed) The bottom line is that you are alive to buy another phone and recover other lost items.

1 Like

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by gambia(m): 11:23am On Jan 03, 2021
You are very lucky, I mean very lucky, a guy once lost his two hands to bike thieves while dragging with them.

2 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by gambia(m): 11:25am On Jan 03, 2021
Prechgold1180:
that same crossover night robbers killed my neighbor in Benin
A normal bus driver who went out to hustle for his family

The sad news made me cry jan 1st
Sad

It's quite sad, may his soul rest in peace. We live in a deadly society.

1 Like

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Osek(m): 11:25am On Jan 03, 2021
DropsMic:
The last time i encountered armed robbers i greeted them first with Chairmen i dey hail oo. And then i went ahead to give them all the money i had on me. Then I doused the tension in the air by jokingly asking them to find me 50 naira wey i go use transport myself go work the next day grin... No be me go go dey drag with thief.. No amount of money is worth a drop of my blood.

Na person wey him body complete dey enjoy life.
you be correct man nor be that jonzing man wey wan use him life play bet9ja
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Godsown0: 11:26am On Jan 03, 2021
MejiLoyon:
That your friend na confirm street.
He sense danger japa immediately. That's street man.
You're lucky. Let me lay down a few rules that might help other otus like you

Never walk at night. If you must walk at night be on guard. If the street is lonely jog if you can. If you see someone at one side approaching you cross to the other side. If he cross follow you na thief. Japa. As in efele. If na small lane hold big stone and make it obvious say you hold big stone. He go change him mind. Hehehe. He fit even greet you good evening sef. Trust me if works. Also never chase after a thief if them pass two. Make them no go mend you.

In all let's be safe. God no go shame us
Agba i bow smiley
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Rawhumper(m): 11:28am On Jan 03, 2021
Inspite of how i have i never stay outdoors More than 7pm. Its either i spend a night with The Lady at her Place or hotel or Mine.

Am not d club type, This routine has helped me alot.

These night crawlers should learn to carry their Cross exception of Op who went to Church but anyother Thing for pleasure should Dance The music-LETS REMEMBER THAT MUSIC AT FIRST IS SWEET TO DANCE BUT BECOMES BORING AFTER EXHAUSTIVE DANCING(My newly coined Quote).

quote author=Azmanaty post=97659204]I am not a religious person, but bro, God will replenish ur loses in hundreds of folds. Next time, pls be extremely careful and try to avoid going our at night - no matter where; even cross overs[/quote]
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Foolishbuhari: 11:29am On Jan 03, 2021
Rules for 2021:

1. Go your village go collect better Selina. Odeshi no be sin na God create the knowledge.

2. Buy a gun and keep at home. Even If you walk about with security, still stay strapped and woke. The streets are evil.

3. Make all your Antaras dey clock well. Oil am make e sharp. Me as a warri raised nigga if I see niggaz when Wan jump me, I don smell am from far arrange. If na to coordinate tools around or within, do am or you japa if liver fail you.

4. If you see 3 or 4 Ab.oki together in Abuja, especially at night or early in the morning, they are up to no good. They are criminals so be ready for them.

5. Normalize carrying a baseball bat about as a tool in times of emergency as Nigeria no Wan gree make we carry gun even though some of us get am on code. It's very effective at short range combats especially if you're fighting off knife/ dagger wielding criminals. Aim for the torso, it's easier to hit. Aiming at the head of your attacker there's a 70% chance of missing the swing because the reflexes are sharper dodging a blow to the head.

6. Stay safe, and be guided! Don't be a sitting duck neither a statistic!

5 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by donem: 11:32am On Jan 03, 2021
geek4k:
Despite the ecstatic vibe attached to the last day of the year (Gruesome 2020 especially), It ended sadly for me as I experienced a near death situation.

On 31st December, I and my friend decided to experience a great cross-over night at Glory Dome, Dunamis Church Abuja. We boarded a bus from Arab junction, Jabi to Lugbe where the Church is located.

Less than halfway through the journey, the bus began to develop issues and finally stopped just before Wuye Arab bridge. We all had to come down from the vehicle in pursuit of an alternative to our various destinations.

I and my friend walked over to the other end of the bridge while we waited for a cab heading our route. Unluckily for us, we stood there for a while, we couldn’t find any cab as most of them were already filled up and most of the other passengers had already gone their separate ways.

It was becoming dark, lonely, and scary giving the nature of the place we were standing. Just less than 4feets our back were bushes, albeit downhill, and underneath the bridge is a railway track, you won’t be able to tell even because it’s filled with outright darkness.

It was becoming tiring and frustrating, we looked down and noticed 3 guys heading our position, they were seated initially for some while, we both thought they were from same vehicle we boarded and frustrated as we were, my friend suggested we team up with them and look for cab together, I jokingly replied “What if they’re here to rob us..?” We both laughed.

Unbeknownst to us, they actually were. They got closer and to where we were standing, subtly attempting to encircle us while I was looking forward to them passing us, my friend ran off immediately, before I could realize they already formed a triangle grid around me each of them bearing long, sharp knives shouting “Hey! hey!! bring your pocket..!!”.

Being ganged up, held down and threatened to be stabbed if you don’t comply, It was indeed a vicious moment for me, and all I could think of was how I could get out of that situation unhurt. But despite the fear that engulfed me, I stood my ground holding my pocket firmly while they tried to forcefully penetrate in with their hands.

My friend was on the other side, almost at the middle of the express road shouting “Thieves..!” to at least call the attention of motorists but they all formed swirled track avoiding him, perhaps thinking it was a plot to get the robbed?

After several resistance from my end, I got stabbed on my thigh by one of the guys, I then had to let go as they emptied my pocket, carting away with my phone and wallet.

Attempting to run back into the bush, I immediately went after the one that got my phone, he kind of lost orientation and was almost headed towards the bridge while his other gang were heading to the bush. He immediately turned around swinging his long knife so I wouldn’t get close, he then threw the phone to his other gang in the bush and they all ran away.

These robbers were skinny, tall hausa boys all wearing face caps, I was so devastated that if I had a gun, I wouldn’t hesitate even in a split second to put three bullets in their heads. Why does bad thing always happen to good people? I’m not insinuating I’m a saint but I’ll never to this to a fellow. Why me?

Anyways, after the sad occurrence of losing everything I had and almost my life, it reasonable to go back home just as my friend suggested, but instead we still waited, get a cab and head to the church where we had the cross over night. I personally didn’t have any good experience despite dancing and joyous experience everyone had there.

I lost my Samsung A30, Gtb, Diamond and Payoneer debit cards and some cash in the wallet all to one night

Anyways, I’m looking for who can track my phone using maybe the IMEI number? the phone pack, receipt are still intact.

Sorry for your sad experience, but truth be told you ain't street smart, but you've learnt a couple of lessons I guess. Times are changing the days are getting more evil.

Whenever you step out of your house, and your on the streets be observant, if it happens to be at night, be twice more observant, (ever thought of why at times you have more than one shadow at night?) that's matter for another day.

I use myself as a case study, I got 2 wallets, I use one only at night, the night wallet nothing like AtM cards or too valuable ID cards, with just few naira notes, I got 2 phones for night movements, torch light, and iPhone 6 dummy, only screen light powers on.

i move with less valuables just in case water go thick pass blood, I can easily let go with those without much regrets, (he that fights and run away, lives to fight another day).

if am not mobile, I avoid strolling or walking with a girl at night due to some reasons,(make agbada no go hang for barb wire, in case of Japa).

when out at night I always tag along with me, my mini-foldable Jack knife, and my NATO grade Silliarde gas, (Super paralisant).

If I find myself in a lonely street, I alter my movement and steps to (clear road there, put body collect) pattern, only street boys go know this movement pattern, it helps depending on the terrain.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by AmVista: 11:34am On Jan 03, 2021
bujebudanu1:
Same experience at itowolo bus stop, ikorodu 2019.

I was waiting with a girl to board bus to ikorodu from the brt bus stop there.

All of a sudden , a bike stopped with 3 guys ,immediately they started searching for something on the road while moving towards us and forming a formation.

Sensed danger and I Japad to the other side of the road where I was coming from with people and light and I watched as they rob the lady of her phone.

I was less than 2mins action.

One of told me to come when I tried crossing.

I still bless God for making me escape that robbery
guy you smart oo grin
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by demoBaba: 11:34am On Jan 03, 2021
geek4k:

Sorry for the lost.......but I don't understand must you attend crossover inside church? See you can crossover in your house pray with your family. I've never seen where mention inside bible that we most crossover in the church.
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by BENEAMATA: 11:34am On Jan 03, 2021
Have you notified your banks ?

1 Like

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Foolishbuhari: 11:34am On Jan 03, 2021
BigBrother9ja:

Nonsense!
What if they had guns too?
Will you think of taking gun to church?
Use your head...

In Texas people strap to church. Even in SA. It's a normal thing

2 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Globad(f): 11:34am On Jan 03, 2021
dominique:
You people were told not to go to anywhere to do any cross over ceremony you didn't listen, now see what happened. A lady cried out on twitter that her brother was robbed and killed while coming from crossover service. You know the level of insecurity in the country and you still want to be moving around at odd hours of the day. I don't know why most Nigerians are like this

Dem no dey hear word
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by melviniyke2002(m): 11:35am On Jan 03, 2021
bigpicture001:
Op, always allow abthief have his free day once he beats you to smartness.....

Never struggle with a dangerous person...you might lose ur life

lol everybody is dangerous in der own way,assuming op n his frd hold better stick dos guys wudnt even come near since der don't hv gun with dem......

1 Like

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by SeriouslySense(m): 11:36am On Jan 03, 2021
Okay good tip, thanks.
donem:

Sorry for your sad experience, but truth be told you ain't street smart, but you've learnt a couple of lessons I guess. Times are changing the days are getting more evil.

Whenever you step out of your house, and your on the streets be observant, if it happens to be at night, be twice more observant, (ever thought of why you have shadows at night?) that's matter for another day.

I use myself as a case study, I got 2 wallets, I use one only at night, the night wallet nothing like AtM cards or too valuable ID cards, with just few naira notes, I got 2 phones for night movements, torch light, and iPhone 6 dummy, only screen light powers on.

i move with less valuables just in case water go thick pass blood, I can easily let go with those without much regrets, (he that fights and run away, lives to fight another day).

if am not mobile, I avoid strolling or walking with a girl at night due to some reasons.

when out at night I always tag along with me, my mini-foldable Jack knife, and my NATO grade cilliarade gas.

If I find myself in a lonely street, I alter my movement and steps to (clear road there) pattern, only street boys go know this movement pattern, it helps depending on the terrain.
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by OlawaleBammie: 11:37am On Jan 03, 2021
geek4k:
I was so devastated that if I had a gun, I wouldn’t hesitate even in a split second to put three bullets in their heads. Why does bad thing always happen to good people? I’m not insinuating I’m a saint but I’ll never to this to a fellow. Why me?

I am sure u re one of those Saint wannabes shouting against jungle justice but u change the tune now when u experienced brutality from the potential recipients of jungle justice
Now I know that u can practice jungle justice if u re affected by their vices grin grin

I used to say it, eni ija oba lon pera e lokunrin.......meaning person wey no see fight na hin dey call himself man
Sorry for everything everything jare.
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Foolishbuhari: 11:38am On Jan 03, 2021
agbarisocket:
bastard go and call davido and wizkid.....why can't you shout. END SARS

If this is all you could conjure, you're the bastard! A very stupid silly one too
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by ZiggyMr(m): 11:39am On Jan 03, 2021
So u still get mind to dey drag with 3 thieves abi, guy no try am next time just give them wat they want make Dem no injure you, ur life is more important. Naxo my oga lost his hand for slaughter PH.

5 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by 15ssDRIVE(m): 11:39am On Jan 03, 2021
luminouz:

You have got balls and I like that.

Next time,the solution is not avoiding Wuye bridge, but protecting yourself with acts of self defense and a big,fat and long knife.

Simple choke and hold, chop to the solar plexus, grappling and chinbone breaking will make those guys writhing messes on the floor. That's for self defense by martial arts.

Get tools too if you can't do martial arts. A slash to the jugular vein, knee tendons and eyes would make all three bandits useless as fuq. You don't need to be merciful and kind. It's a dog eat dog situation and you need to live.

N.B: I will say these again to the men on NL. Get yourselves fit. Improve your physique and learn basic martial arts. Then get a tool to help you out too. No one can save you except YOU.

Happy new week

Bosss ... too much respect for you.

Abeg this kind advice na for strong people like you.

The best thing na to give them what they want and be alive to buy another one.
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Olakunleyakub(m): 11:40am On Jan 03, 2021
Sorry op for ur lost.

But I think that day just came like that probably cos of festival....that wuye bridge is not a dangerous zone cos I know wuye very well like the lines of my palm.

Or is it not that wuye pedestrian bridge that opposite zone7 junction that leads to Nafdac head office?
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by ronaldbecky(m): 11:42am On Jan 03, 2021
GBOKASINCHA:
baba u think say na Sylvester stallone u dey watch?
lolz...him see say na Rambo.. first blood...
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by tunize(m): 11:42am On Jan 03, 2021
What if the guys have succeeded in killing you and yet still empty the same pocket? Life na brain brain nvr u struggle with a man that has an edge over you especially wen u see a gun, knife or anything because at the end of the day u still got injured and obtained. Sorry for everything and be careful too na one life.

2 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Vulcan24(m): 11:43am On Jan 03, 2021
U should av run bro, that's d best defense to muggins

When u re cornered why put up a fight, they could easily have killed you, you have no martial training, even if u do, u need a stick to fight men with knives

You are extremely lucky
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Jeezuzpick(m): 11:45am On Jan 03, 2021
geek4k:

Fulani, not Hausa.

2 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Foolishbuhari: 11:45am On Jan 03, 2021
Viking007:
Finance junction has been a deadly location for years, unfortunately nothing is going to be done about it.

The people around can't form a vigilante group? I know say almost every body for Abuja hey gun especially people when dey stay for estate. Na just say Abuja people dey too dey form big men.

If I come back Abuja, and I go see some Niggas, we fit mount for the area on code. If we see any activity of the such, gun down those criminals. When you shoot and kill like 2 or 3 sets, the remaining ones go jazz up switch arena

3 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by bigpicture001: 11:45am On Jan 03, 2021
melviniyke2002:
lol everybody is dangerous in der own way,assuming op n his frd hold better stick dos guys wudnt even come near since der don't hv gun with dem......

My friend died this exact way while jogging in d morning and trying to protect his Fone...he was stabbed dangerously in his lungs....

Died immediately he got to hospital...knives too are very dangerous

4 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by luminouz(m): 11:45am On Jan 03, 2021
15ssDRIVE:

Bosss ... too much respect for you.

Abeg this kind advice na for strong people like you.

The best thing na to give them what they want and be alive to buy another one.

Your last sentence shows you don't know how crazy some thieves are. So many victims end up dead anyways despite giving their all. I have heard of countless one-chance thieves who pushed their victims outta the vehicles despite collecting everything they had.

When you don't fight back at all, you are at their mercy 100%. And such power intoxicates these mudafuckers. So if you run from these roadside fools,what of house armed robbers? Will you run from your own house again when they keep coming back to obtain you as their DEDICATED CUSTOMERS OF THE YEAR?

Just fight back once and see how these niggas become jelly and run too, after all,they aren't aliens but humans like you

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Two Men Rape A Woman In A Mosque In Oyo. Rob Her Afterwards (Photo) / Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) / Victor Duru Arrested For Blackmailing Female Church Members With Their Nudes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.