Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 (48895 Views)

My Near Death Experience When I Tried To Sleep With A Lady - True Life Story / My Near Death Experiences With Nigeria Police / Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by luminouz(m): 10:29am On Jan 03, 2021
geek4k:
Despite the ecstatic vibe attached to the last day of the year (Gruesome 2020 especially), It ended sadly for me as I experienced a near death situation.

On 31st December, I and my friend decided to experience a great cross-over night at Glory Dome, Dunamis Church Abuja. We boarded a bus from Arab junction, Jabi to Lugbe where the Church is located.

Less than halfway through the journey, the bus began to develop issues and finally stopped just before Wuye Arab bridge. We all had to come down from the vehicle in pursuit of an alternative to our various destinations.

I and my friend walked over to the other end of the bridge while we waited for a cab heading our route. Unluckily for us, we stood there for a while, we couldn’t find any cab as most of them were already filled up and most of the other passengers had already gone their separate ways.

It was becoming dark, lonely, and scary giving the nature of the place we were standing. Just less than 4feets our back were bushes, albeit downhill, and underneath the bridge is a railway track, you won’t be able to tell even because it’s filled with outright darkness.

It was becoming tiring and frustrating, we looked down and noticed 3 guys heading our position, they were seated initially for some while, we both thought they were from same vehicle we boarded and frustrated as we were, my friend suggested we team up with them and look for cab together, I jokingly replied “What if they’re here to rob us..?” We both laughed.

Unbeknownst to us, they actually were. They got closer and to where we were standing, subtly attempting to encircle us while I was looking forward to them passing us, my friend ran off immediately, before I could realize they already formed a triangle grid around me each of them bearing long, sharp knives shouting “Hey! hey!! bring your pocket..!!”.

Being ganged up, held down and threatened to be stabbed if you don’t comply, It was indeed a vicious moment for me, and all I could think of was how I could get out of that situation unhurt. But despite the fear that engulfed me, I stood my ground holding my pocket firmly while they tried to forcefully penetrate in with their hands.

My friend was on the other side, almost at the middle of the express road shouting “Thieves..!” to at least call the attention of motorists but they all formed swirled track avoiding him, perhaps thinking it was a plot to get the robbed?

After several resistance from my end, I got stabbed on my thigh by one of the guys, I then had to let go as they emptied my pocket, carting away with my phone and wallet.

Attempting to run back into the bush, I immediately went after the one that got my phone, he kind of lost orientation and was almost headed towards the bridge while his other gang were heading to the bush. He immediately turned around swinging his long knife so I wouldn’t get close, he then threw the phone to his other gang in the bush and they all ran away.

These robbers were skinny, tall hausa boys all wearing face caps, I was so devastated that if I had a gun, I wouldn’t hesitate even in a split second to put three bullets in their heads. Why does bad thing always happen to good people? I’m not insinuating I’m a saint but I’ll never to this to a fellow. Why me?

Anyways, after the sad occurrence of losing everything I had and almost my life, it reasonable to go back home just as my friend suggested, but instead we still waited, get a cab and head to the church where we had the cross over night. I personally didn’t have any good experience despite dancing and joyous experience everyone had there.

I lost my Samsung A30, Gtb, Diamond and Payoneer debit cards and some cash in the wallet all to one night

Anyways, I’m looking for who can track my phone using maybe the IMEI number? the phone pack, receipt are still intact.

Lastly, kindly learn from my story and avoid that Wuye bridge at all cost.
You have got balls and I like that.

Next time,the solution is not avoiding Wuye bridge, but protecting yourself with acts of self defense and a big,fat and long knife.

Simple choke and hold, chop to the solar plexus, grappling and chinbone breaking will make those guys writhing messes on the floor. That's for self defense by martial arts.

Get tools too if you can't do martial arts. A slash to the jugular vein, knee tendons and eyes would make all three bandits useless as fuq. You don't need to be merciful and kind. It's a dog eat dog situation and you need to live.

N.B: I will say these again to the men on NL. Get yourselves fit. Improve your physique and learn basic martial arts. Then get a tool to help you out too. No one can save you except YOU.

Happy new week

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Demzyl(m): 10:30am On Jan 03, 2021
sorry for what you have lost, but guy remember rules in the ghetto
Don't ever drag with someone holding arms when u are attacked
Learn to be SMART at all will and never be OUTSMART in any form
Remember to move in group, 3 group is okay to face any one

2 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Smoke55: 10:30am On Jan 03, 2021
same thing happened to me on the 30th i was attacked by more than 15 guys dressed on sports wears, on my way back from shop,my phone and other belongings were stolen,thank God i wasn't harmed only substained minor injuries on the process...it was really a sad expirence! but any way its well.

4 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by LastProphet: 10:31am On Jan 03, 2021
They are either Hausa or Niger/Chad/Sudan etc boys that have overrun Nigeria while citizens foolishly look on. Our northern brothers are the ones letting them in because of religion. A Muslim naija northerner feels more closeness to Chad, Niger, Sudan, Somalia than to southern nigeria

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Mozino007(m): 10:32am On Jan 03, 2021
Go back there after a week,bait them n grap anybody u sight..he wil surely lead u to their whereabout!...or u contact cops to track d device for u.
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 03, 2021
had these same experience at obanikoro lagos two years back
but as a sharp guy wey i be
i sensed the danger
i japa immediately
ur guy na confirm nigga
sorry for ur experience tho

2 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by ifud(m): 10:33am On Jan 03, 2021
Don't pull stunts when you are clearly outnumbered... You are very fortunate that they've been in the business for a long time and no panic attack. Give them what they want and add a thank you. So sorry for your experience.

4 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by nnamdico82: 10:33am On Jan 03, 2021
Thank God for your life, wuye and airport road are dangerous and even some place in Abuja, your friend na omo aye just japa without wasting time, next time once its getting late don't hesitate to trek and bring out your knife.
geek4k:
Despite the ecstatic vibe attached to the last day of the year (Gruesome 2020 especially), It ended sadly for me as I experienced a near death situation.

On 31st December, I and my friend decided to experience a great cross-over night at Glory Dome, Dunamis Church Abuja. We boarded a bus from Arab junction, Jabi to Lugbe where the Church is located.

Less than halfway through the journey, the bus began to develop issues and finally stopped just before Wuye Arab bridge. We all had to come down from the vehicle in pursuit of an alternative to our various destinations.

I and my friend walked over to the other end of the bridge while we waited for a cab heading our route. Unluckily for us, we stood there for a while, we couldn’t find any cab as most of them were already filled up and most of the other passengers had already gone their separate ways.

It was becoming dark, lonely, and scary giving the nature of the place we were standing. Just less than 4feets our back were bushes, albeit downhill, and underneath the bridge is a railway track, you won’t be able to tell even because it’s filled with outright darkness.

It was becoming tiring and frustrating, we looked down and noticed 3 guys heading our position, they were seated initially for some while, we both thought they were from same vehicle we boarded and frustrated as we were, my friend suggested we team up with them and look for cab together, I jokingly replied “What if they’re here to rob us..?” We both laughed.

Unbeknownst to us, they actually were. They got closer and to where we were standing, subtly attempting to encircle us while I was looking forward to them passing us, my friend ran off immediately, before I could realize they already formed a triangle grid around me each of them bearing long, sharp knives shouting “Hey! hey!! bring your pocket..!!”.

Being ganged up, held down and threatened to be stabbed if you don’t comply, It was indeed a vicious moment for me, and all I could think of was how I could get out of that situation unhurt. But despite the fear that engulfed me, I stood my ground holding my pocket firmly while they tried to forcefully penetrate in with their hands.

My friend was on the other side, almost at the middle of the express road shouting “Thieves..!” to at least call the attention of motorists but they all formed swirled track avoiding him, perhaps thinking it was a plot to get the robbed?

After several resistance from my end, I got stabbed on my thigh by one of the guys, I then had to let go as they emptied my pocket, carting away with my phone and wallet.

Attempting to run back into the bush, I immediately went after the one that got my phone, he kind of lost orientation and was almost headed towards the bridge while his other gang were heading to the bush. He immediately turned around swinging his long knife so I wouldn’t get close, he then threw the phone to his other gang in the bush and they all ran away.

These robbers were skinny, tall hausa boys all wearing face caps, I was so devastated that if I had a gun, I wouldn’t hesitate even in a split second to put three bullets in their heads. Why does bad thing always happen to good people? I’m not insinuating I’m a saint but I’ll never to this to a fellow. Why me?

Anyways, after the sad occurrence of losing everything I had and almost my life, it reasonable to go back home just as my friend suggested, but instead we still waited, get a cab and head to the church where we had the cross over night. I personally didn’t have any good experience despite dancing and joyous experience everyone had there.

I lost my Samsung A30, Gtb, Diamond and Payoneer debit cards and some cash in the wallet all to one night

Anyways, I’m looking for who can track my phone using maybe the IMEI number? the phone pack, receipt are still intact.

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Juoflife1(f): 10:35am On Jan 03, 2021
You were struggling with armed robbers.. I smh for you. Maybe this is your fight of coming in contact with them.
And You were going to church with all your cards. You been wan branch ATM?
Thank God for your life.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Patrioticman007(m): 10:37am On Jan 03, 2021
BigBrother9ja:

That's the best thing.
Let him go there with a fully loaded gun and a standby motorcycle to run away with after giving them two bullets each in their butocks.

Says John Wick.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Oduduwaboy1(m): 10:38am On Jan 03, 2021
geek4k:

Same sh*t happened to me on Sunday in warri ovwian to be precise in the evening, I went out to buy fuel around 6 in the evening only for me to be coming back, playing Eminem - Killer vibing back home to only for me to be attack be paddy boiz they are like 15 with local pistol and knife and the they collected my phone and and even promise to stab me when I was arguing with them I have to let the phone go because they overpowered me Sha, only for me to discovered the second morning when I was bathing that they give me some knife mark for n my arm.
The phone pain me Sha nah new infinix x608
I have to go back to my former paviour 3 air,
But the funniest thing is that am able to track the phone the guy with the phone is leaving opposite my street

Am waiting for my brother to come home so we can go and collect the phone togetherfrom the guy

8 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by azeecoboy(m): 10:39am On Jan 03, 2021
geek4k:

Next time, do not ever attempt to be resistance towards someone with weapons and to imagine they are three guys..

That's a very foolish move there..

But thank God for your alive.. All what you lost shall be replenished in multiple folds

3 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Tulsaguy: 10:40am On Jan 03, 2021
MejiLoyon:
That your friend na confirm street.
He sense danger japa immediately. That's street man.
You're lucky. Let me lay down a few rules that might help other otus like you

Never walk at night. If you must walk at night be on guard. If the street is lonely jog if you can. If you see someone at one side approaching you cross to the other side. If he cross follow you na thief. Japa. As in efele. If na small lane hold big stone and make it obvious say you hold big stone. He go change him mind. Hehehe. He fit even greet you good evening sef. Trust me if works. Also never chase after a thief if them pass two. Make them no go mend you.

In all let's be safe. God no go shame us

grin grin You be complete street. Street President.

How u take sabi all these clues. Only street know how we defend ourselves from those boys.

1 Like

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Cutehector(m): 10:40am On Jan 03, 2021
geek4k:

mchew..valuing material things over your life. You are lucky the knife didn't get to your heart.

2 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by BigBrother9ja: 10:40am On Jan 03, 2021
Patrioticman007:

Says John Wick.
Or deh

Go and play with your friends in Nairaland kiddies section.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by jayjayjones: 10:44am On Jan 03, 2021
And i actually drove past people disembarking from that white coaster bus that night when it developed fault before the bridge.

5 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Patrioticman007(m): 10:44am On Jan 03, 2021
LastProphet:
They are either Hausa or Niger/Chad/Sudan etc boys that have overrun Nigeria while citizens foolishly look on. Our northern brothers are the ones letting them in because of religion. A Muslim naija northerner feels more closeness to Chad, Niger, Sudan, Somalia than to southern nigeria

The truth is always bitter, our southern brothers prefer their Ghanaians, Togolese & Benin republic citizens over us because of Christianity, while these aliens come to Nigeria & constitute menace to us, as house boys, sales boys, armed robbers & co.

4 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by alyarmouk(m): 10:45am On Jan 03, 2021
You could have let them have it all without injury ..but you chose to give them...with inconvenience. You see...Never choose material things over life....Never...no matter what at stake. Imagine if that knife on your tigh..had landed elsewhere...maybe your kpack! Imagine.
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by slimmoney(m): 10:46am On Jan 03, 2021
Wetin u gain now? They stab u still collect ur money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by dafeoroyo: 10:48am On Jan 03, 2021
I remember one of our driver,he got to oshodi very late around 11.30pm (not Oshodi now o but of those days), immediately those guys sighted him and him sensing Denger ahead,he quickly ran behind a bushy part and removed all his cloth and put it inside his bad, he now walked out and was displaying madness,those guyz left him and japa,'they say haa werey ni bobo yi sha',after they left ,he put on his cloth back and ran for his dear life

Street life,if u know u know

14 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by seborrhic: 10:48am On Jan 03, 2021
KnightsTemplar:
Una no dey hear word, you were dragging your pocket with 3 armed men, and they still stabbed you. You are lucky the stabbing wasn't serious, your life is worth more than your wallet and phone. Glad you are OK anyway.
He would easily have bled to death in minutes if the armed robber had hit that a major in the thigh region he was stabbed.
Pastors have got a sought of addictive stronghold on some of their flock that makes them to let go of their commonsense.
There is covid 19 and general insecurity in the country,yet he insisted on going on vigil.

7 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Collegelove: 10:49am On Jan 03, 2021
Omihanifa:
Abuja is no longer safe and everyone knows this.

This current minister of FCT is a lame duck undecided everything keeps getting worse under his watch
He needs to fix all those dead street lights ASAP and policemen should be stationed in all those flash points.

Places like finance junction, Dei-dei pedestrian bridge, mpape, mabushi, lugbe, kubwa&kagini express are dangerous places to go alone at night or early hours of the morning
Why would it be safe when they've got killers in their payroll?
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Teejay13(m): 10:50am On Jan 03, 2021
Thank God for your life sir

But please next time, your safety comes first before material thing

Furthermore, limit your movement at night especially during periods like this. Usually we record alot of crimes

Please stay safe.
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Isiakasalia05: 10:54am On Jan 03, 2021
G
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Uniique(m): 10:55am On Jan 03, 2021
GayPontiff:
Simple....go back there and bait them.

That's their territory.

Bait them but this time outsmart them and kill them all.

Nice one James bond
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Addme: 10:55am On Jan 03, 2021
Please next time don't struggle with someone with weapons. You just got lucky you didn't lose your life in the process.

3 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 03, 2021
MejiLoyon:
That your friend na confirm street.
He sense danger japa immediately. That's street man.
You're lucky. Let me lay down a few rules that might help other otus like you

Never walk at night. If you must walk at night be on guard. If the street is lonely jog if you can. If you see someone at one side approaching you cross to the other side. If he cross follow you na thief. Japa. As in efele. If na small lane hold big stone and make it obvious say you hold big stone. He go change him mind. Hehehe. He fit even greet you good evening sef. Trust me if works. Also never chase after a thief if them pass two. Make them no go mend you.

In all let's be safe. God no go shame us

Lol. You sound like Shibaraba, he used to be popular on FP about a year ago until he vanished.
This is the exact way he writes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by SweetCunt97(f): 10:57am On Jan 03, 2021
geek4k:

If they ask u guys to learn karate una no go gree. Buy a taser

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Boy Flogged For Sleeping With A Hooker Without Paying Her In Delta State / Cultists Who Raped Girl During Initiation Arested In Delta. PICS / Man Commits Suicide In Port Harcourt By Stabbing (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.