Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 (48930 Views)

My Near Death Experience When I Tried To Sleep With A Lady - True Life Story / My Near Death Experiences With Nigeria Police / Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by H2ho(m): 12:20pm On Jan 03, 2021
I'm boiling angry angry

Thank God for your life.
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 03, 2021
Valkrie:
[b][/b]

If someone advice you to stay at home and enjoy your crossover you would say No that it must be church...now you have lost things and almost lost your life..and your church CEO dont give a fucck about it or even care. ..he would still be expecting you to give offering to qualify you to receive the new year blessing...!!

Better you put yourself and safety first before any damn church... !! Lots have lost their life trying hard to see and experience God in a church when the true fact is that God is residing in them and always with you and at any place you find yourself...

Take heart...next time learn and use your number six.. even church CEO go out with securities too to their cross over night..that should tell you many things..

You write just like your father, and glorify the things that please him

But I tell you :

Who shall ever separate us from Christ’s love? Shall suffering and affliction and tribulation? Or calamity and distress? Or persecution or hunger or destitution or peril or sword?

Even as it is written, For Thy sake we are put to death all the day long; we are regarded and counted as sheep for the slaughter.

Yet amid all these things we are more than conquerors and gain a surpassing victory through Him Who loved us.

For I am persuaded beyond doubt (am sure) that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities, nor things impending and threatening nor things to come, nor powers,

Nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 Like

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Mom007(f): 12:24pm On Jan 03, 2021
MejiLoyon:
That your friend na confirm street.
He sense danger japa immediately. That's street man.
You're lucky. Let me lay down a few rules that might help other otus like you

Never walk at night. If you must walk at night be on guard. If the street is lonely jog if you can. If you see someone at one side approaching you cross to the other side. If he cross follow you na thief. Japa. As in efele. If na small lane hold big stone and make it obvious say you hold big stone. He go change him mind. Hehehe. He fit even greet you good evening sef. Trust me if works. Also never chase after a thief if them pass two. Make them no go mend you.

In all let's be safe. God no go shame us
You too sabi walahi!
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by AerialMapper: 12:25pm On Jan 03, 2021
So you went on to church with a stab wound on your thigh?

Abuja is becoming dangerous; you however do not need a gun. A small canister of pepper spray would have allowed you to temporarily incapacitate them while you run to safety.
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by alizma: 12:27pm On Jan 03, 2021
DropsMic:
The last time i encountered armed robbers i greeted them first with Chairmen i dey hail oo. And then i went ahead to give them all the money i had on me. After emptying my pockets, i doused the tension in the air by jokingly asking them to find me 50 naira wey i go use transport myself go work the next day grin... No be me go go dey drag with thief.. No amount of money is worth a drop of my blood.

Na person wey him body complete dey enjoy life.
No mind OP, na small picking sense dey for I'm head. Maybe they never tell for that church wey him dey go say wisdom is profitable to direct. That is how dey will carry church for head but single thing they don't learn from the Church/Bible.
Three thieves with knives and he was still stupidly struggling. Thank God that we don't have to type RIP at this early stage of the year

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Kahataha: 12:31pm On Jan 03, 2021
LastProphet:
They are either Hausa or Niger/Chad/Sudan etc boys that have overrun Nigeria while citizens foolishly look on. Our northern brothers are the ones letting them in because of religion. A Muslim naija northerner feels more closeness to Chad, Niger, Sudan, Somalia than to southern nigeria
closeness ke? They adore them!!!
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by pappybarry(m): 12:34pm On Jan 03, 2021
Oduduwaboy1:

Same sh*t happened to me on Sunday in warri ovwian to be precise in the evening, I went out to buy fuel around 6 in the evening only for me to be coming back, playing Eminem - Killer vibing back home to only for me to be attack be paddy boiz they are like 15 with local pistol and knife and the they collected my phone and and even promise to stab me when I was arguing with them I have to let the phone go because they overpowered me Sha, only for me to discovered the second morning when I was bathing that they give me some knife mark for n my arm.
The phone pain me Sha nah new infinix x608
I have to go back to my former paviour 3 air,
But the funniest thing is that am able to track the phone the guy with the phone is leaving opposite my street

Am waiting for my brother to come home so we can go and collect the phone togetherfrom the guy
waiting for which brother? Wetin do police or arrange some boys sef? Use your head oga

1 Like

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Tango123: 12:34pm On Jan 03, 2021
StoneColdxx:
I’m sorry this happened to you.
Even in Lagos here, I had a similar experience but mine was better because I always go out with two pocket knives.
Mine happened at Ojuelegba under bridge around 11pm thereabout.
Omorr as I commot the knives dey waka, the young guy after me change direction straight.

If u are stopped by police, can they accuse u of beimg armed? I dont know ooo. I am just asking

U know how police stop busses and search them.
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by dasnan(m): 12:35pm On Jan 03, 2021
Thank God 4 safety
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by officialfestus(m): 12:36pm On Jan 03, 2021
dejavuh0007:
OP, since you use a Samsung phone, you can easily track your phone by logging in to the Samsung "find my phone" website using ur samsung account. Hope you turned on "find my phone". Goodluck.
how about if location on the phone is off?
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Jeezuzpick(m): 12:43pm On Jan 03, 2021
SeriouslySense:
okay with profiling

I don't like profiling, really, but the current Nigeria makes it okay to do so.

After all, their Association spokesman grants interviews and spews all manner of threats on international television.

2 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by ghettochild4u(m): 12:48pm On Jan 03, 2021
You could have died for nothing idiot..
U r here giving nonsense testimony.
Even Bible said obedience is better than sacrifice..
If u had listened to govt directive not to go for cross over or that all cross over must end by 11

2 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by sinkhole: 12:49pm On Jan 03, 2021
GayPontiff:
Simple....go back there and bait them.

That's their territory.

Bait them but this time outsmart them and kill them all.

For those quoting me stupidly,
Oil mill market is a dreaded zone. They rape girls in that market at night. Go there early in d morning and u will see pants n bra littered. They grabbed my girls purse n phones last year as she passed by there very late. Elelenwo police station is just across, but those stupid policemen refused to help.
I baited them with another crazy friend. Next day, and as usual, they appeared. We got one of them and gave him short sleeve first. Two ran away. That one took us to their hideout, which we stormed with some army boys. I got back her phones and more freebies.

Long story short, if u are not rugged and have backings, don't follow my advice. Move on with your life.

Reclaiming ur stuff don't only happen in James bond movies. Some of us knock on deaths door others dread it.
wao, I really like this your move! Is it real or just a concocted story?
If it is real, I will love to partner with you and perhaps those army boys, in dealing with localised hoodlums like this.
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by godlessmind: 12:51pm On Jan 03, 2021
LoisKitchen:
Mmm...
This young man seems to love his phone and the little change in his pocket more than his precious life.Lucky you.

Your actions are not wise.
it shows he dont value his life. he's lucky to be alive

choosing materialistic things shows how close minded he is.

2 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by kcowen(m): 12:52pm On Jan 03, 2021
You no rugged,you dey follow thief wey don stab you knife dey drag for phone,Number rule for street,when dey circle like that more than one give them anything you get but if you be strong man you go come back collect am since you now know their beats,but if na only one person make you follow am bone to bone

1 Like

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:52pm On Jan 03, 2021
geek4k:
Despite the ecstatic vibe attached to the last day of the year (Gruesome 2020 especially), It ended sadly for me as I experienced a near death situation.

On 31st December, I and my friend decided to experience a great cross-over night at Glory Dome, Dunamis Church Abuja. We boarded a bus from Arab junction, Jabi to Lugbe where the Church is located.

Less than halfway through the journey, the bus began to develop issues and finally stopped just before Wuye Arab bridge. We all had to come down from the vehicle in pursuit of an alternative to our various destinations.

I and my friend walked over to the other end of the bridge while we waited for a cab heading our route. Unluckily for us, we stood there for a while, we couldn’t find any cab as most of them were already filled up and most of the other passengers had already gone their separate ways.

It was becoming dark, lonely, and scary giving the nature of the place we were standing. Just less than 4feets our back were bushes, albeit downhill, and underneath the bridge is a railway track, you won’t be able to tell even because it’s filled with outright darkness.

It was becoming tiring and frustrating, we looked down and noticed 3 guys heading our position, they were seated initially for some while, we both thought they were from same vehicle we boarded and frustrated as we were, my friend suggested we team up with them and look for cab together, I jokingly replied “What if they’re here to rob us..?” We both laughed.

Unbeknownst to us, they actually were. They got closer and to where we were standing, subtly attempting to encircle us while I was looking forward to them passing us, my friend ran off immediately, before I could realize they already formed a triangle grid around me each of them bearing long, sharp knives shouting “Hey! hey!! bring your pocket..!!”.

Being ganged up, held down and threatened to be stabbed if you don’t comply, It was indeed a vicious moment for me, and all I could think of was how I could get out of that situation unhurt. But despite the fear that engulfed me, I stood my ground holding my pocket firmly while they tried to forcefully penetrate in with their hands.

My friend was on the other side, almost at the middle of the express road shouting “Thieves..!” to at least call the attention of motorists but they all formed swirled track avoiding him, perhaps thinking it was a plot to get the robbed?

After several resistance from my end, I got stabbed on my thigh by one of the guys, I then had to let go as they emptied my pocket, carting away with my phone and wallet.

Attempting to run back into the bush, I immediately went after the one that got my phone, he kind of lost orientation and was almost headed towards the bridge while his other gang were heading to the bush. He immediately turned around swinging his long knife so I wouldn’t get close, he then threw the phone to his other gang in the bush and they all ran away.

These robbers were skinny, tall hausa boys all wearing face caps, I was so devastated that if I had a gun, I wouldn’t hesitate even in a split second to put three bullets in their heads. Why does bad thing always happen to good people? I’m not insinuating I’m a saint but I’ll never to this to a fellow. Why me?

Anyways, after the sad occurrence of losing everything I had and almost my life, it reasonable to go back home just as my friend suggested, but instead we still waited, get a cab and head to the church where we had the cross over night. I personally didn’t have any good experience despite dancing and joyous experience everyone had there.

I lost my Samsung A30, Gtb, Diamond and Payoneer debit cards and some cash in the wallet all to one night

Anyways, I’m looking for who can track my phone using maybe the IMEI number? the phone pack, receipt are still intact.

Lastly, kindly learn from my story and avoid that Wuye bridge at all cost.

Your foolishness almost cost you your life.

How can you be resisting armed men?

Now, they have stabbed you. God knows what viruses are active on that blade. Perhaps, HIV might even be on the blade.

Even if you are Anthony Joshua, you have to learn to pick your fight wisely.
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by nnamdiosu(m): 12:57pm On Jan 03, 2021
I hope other people see what I'm about to write, which should also serve as a lesson to you.

1. We thank God for everything. In your experience will be a lesson for others (and even you), to learn from that could have been more deadly.

2. NEVER EVER resist attempts to be robbed by a person or people holding weapons. They were even 'kind' robbers actually. Because of the high aderaline, a normal robber will have stabbed with deadly intent instead of arguing with you to release your valuables.

3. Your hero/revenge syndrome is highly suicidal. Never ever attempt to pursue a robber.

4. I saw the items your carried about for a cross over service and I couldn't help but asking if.it was a cross Banking service. Only you carried ATM cards, AND EVEN A PAYONNER CARD. Like I dont get it. What role were the cards to play that night.

Depending on my destination, I always try to do a quick assessment of necessary and unnecessary items to carry. Little cash is fine. Most times I drop mobile phones if my transportation isnt private or assured. A NIGHT WITHOUT MY PHONE WONT KILL.

in all like in said, we still thank God.
Some people who quickly gave out their valuables, were still killed, how much more superman like you.

Its well.
God help you recover all you lost. Amen

3 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 03, 2021
once armed robbers succeeded in conering u, the best decision that moment is to comply with them. resisting them at that point is extremely dangerous. I thank God that u are alive and very sorry for the things u lost ok, u wil get better ones in the future.
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by myettiallah: 1:00pm On Jan 03, 2021
Valkrie:
[b][/b]

If someone advice you to stay at home and enjoy your crossover you would say No that it must be church...now you have lost things and almost lost your life..and your church CEO dont give a fucck about it or even care. ..he would still be expecting you to give offering to qualify you to receive the new year blessing...!!

Better you put yourself and safety first before any damn church... !! Lots have lost their life trying hard to see and experience God in a church when the true fact is that God is residing in them and always with you and at any place you find yourself...

Take heart...next time learn and use your number six.. even church CEO go out with securities too to their cross over night..that should tell you many things..
Loool...
Which one be Church CEO??
Lolzz
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by madridsta007(m): 1:01pm On Jan 03, 2021
geek4k:
Despite the ecstatic vibe attached to the last day of the year (Gruesome 2020 especially), It ended sadly for me as I experienced a near death situation.

On 31st December, I and my friend decided to experience a great cross-over night at Glory Dome, Dunamis Church Abuja. We boarded a bus from Arab junction, Jabi to Lugbe where the Church is located.

Less than halfway through the journey, the bus began to develop issues and finally stopped just before Wuye Arab bridge. We all had to come down from the vehicle in pursuit of an alternative to our various destinations.

I and my friend walked over to the other end of the bridge while we waited for a cab heading our route. Unluckily for us, we stood there for a while, we couldn’t find any cab as most of them were already filled up and most of the other passengers had already gone their separate ways.

It was becoming dark, lonely, and scary giving the nature of the place we were standing. Just less than 4feets our back were bushes, albeit downhill, and underneath the bridge is a railway track, you won’t be able to tell even because it’s filled with outright darkness.

It was becoming tiring and frustrating, we looked down and noticed 3 guys heading our position, they were seated initially for some while, we both thought they were from same vehicle we boarded and frustrated as we were, my friend suggested we team up with them and look for cab together, I jokingly replied “What if they’re here to rob us..?” We both laughed.

Unbeknownst to us, they actually were. They got closer and to where we were standing, subtly attempting to encircle us while I was looking forward to them passing us, my friend ran off immediately, before I could realize they already formed a triangle grid around me each of them bearing long, sharp knives shouting “Hey! hey!! bring your pocket..!!”.

Being ganged up, held down and threatened to be stabbed if you don’t comply, It was indeed a vicious moment for me, and all I could think of was how I could get out of that situation unhurt. But despite the fear that engulfed me, I stood my ground holding my pocket firmly while they tried to forcefully penetrate in with their hands.

My friend was on the other side, almost at the middle of the express road shouting “Thieves..!” to at least call the attention of motorists but they all formed swirled track avoiding him, perhaps thinking it was a plot to get the robbed?

After several resistance from my end, I got stabbed on my thigh by one of the guys, I then had to let go as they emptied my pocket, carting away with my phone and wallet.

Attempting to run back into the bush, I immediately went after the one that got my phone, he kind of lost orientation and was almost headed towards the bridge while his other gang were heading to the bush. He immediately turned around swinging his long knife so I wouldn’t get close, he then threw the phone to his other gang in the bush and they all ran away.

These robbers were skinny, tall hausa boys all wearing face caps, I was so devastated that if I had a gun, I wouldn’t hesitate even in a split second to put three bullets in their heads. Why does bad thing always happen to good people? I’m not insinuating I’m a saint but I’ll never to this to a fellow. Why me?

Anyways, after the sad occurrence of losing everything I had and almost my life, it reasonable to go back home just as my friend suggested, but instead we still waited, get a cab and head to the church where we had the cross over night. I personally didn’t have any good experience despite dancing and joyous experience everyone had there.

I lost my Samsung A30, Gtb, Diamond and Payoneer debit cards and some cash in the wallet all to one night

Anyways, I’m looking for who can track my phone using maybe the IMEI number? the phone pack, receipt are still intact.

Sorry about this. You escaped a near-death experience.
Right now there is a complete breakdown of law and order in Nigeria no thanks to Buhari's violent Fulani kinsmen from Mali, Niger Republic, CAR, Cameroon, Chad, etc.
Nigeria is essentially a Failed State. A Failed State happens when the Centre Government is unable to provide security and governance and arms are in the hands of state and non-state actors.
Please do all you can to stay safe. That the North and APC has afflicted Nigerians with this is depressing. That we have 2.5 years more with this regime is scary.
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Bmaster(m): 1:03pm On Jan 03, 2021
I'm so sorry op for your predicaments.

But op,must you go to cross over night with your phone,payoneer and ATM card,and some cash?

Is it on a business trip you are going to

Anyway, lessons learnt the hard way
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by themaestro08(m): 1:05pm On Jan 03, 2021
geek4k:

So sorry about your experience... My deep sympathy to you and your friend for this tragic incident, I am more than glad you guys survived it.

However, I think in a country where ethnicity and religion has deeply polarised our societies, unity is needed more than ever. So, drawing conclusions that these armed robbers are Hausa just because they spoke it is wrong . last time I checked it has become sort of lingua franca in the North. They could be Fulani, Gbaggi or even Yoruba or Igbo (some of them speak it fluently)

Not trying to support any side here, just pointing out some basic flaws. cool
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by JBoss25(m): 1:06pm On Jan 03, 2021
MejiLoyon:
That your friend na confirm street.
He sense danger japa immediately. That's street man.
You're lucky. Let me lay down a few rules that might help other otus like you

Never walk at night. If you must walk at night be on guard. If the street is lonely jog if you can. If you see someone at one side approaching you cross to the other side. If he cross follow you na thief. Japa. As in efele. If na small lane hold big stone and make it obvious say you hold big stone. He go change him mind. Hehehe. He fit even greet you good evening sef. Trust me if works. Also never chase after a thief if them pass two. Make them no go mend you.

In all let's be safe. God no go shame us
Never chase a thief even if na one what if they're hiding a gun inko?
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Trustedpro: 1:07pm On Jan 03, 2021
geek4k:

Thank God for your life...this is one of the reason I can't risk my life attending a late night church service except the GO will walk along side with me. All the GOs get security guards so why should I leave my own in the hands of Christ.
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by JBoss25(m): 1:07pm On Jan 03, 2021
Omihanifa:
Abuja is no longer safe and everyone knows this.

This current minister of FCT is a lame duck undecided everything keeps getting worse under his watch
He needs to fix all those dead street lights ASAP and policemen should be stationed in all those flash points.

Places like finance junction, Dei-dei pedestrian bridge, mpape, mabushi, lugbe, kubwa&kagini express are dangerous places to go alone at night or early hours of the morning
Lugbe is one dangerous place no be lie
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by dejavuh0007(m): 1:11pm On Jan 03, 2021
officialfestus:
how about if location on the phone is off?
Once you log into the samsung website, the phone's location and mobile data is automatically turned on and can't be switched off unless the phone is unlocked (your phone can't also be switched off by the thief unless he inputs the password). Once u track the phone and you're around the location of the phone, click on the ring icon and your phone will play a very loud sound to alert u of it's precise location and it can't also be turned off unless the thief unlock the phone.

2 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by BluntTheApostle(m): 1:12pm On Jan 03, 2021
prekumohtim:

You write just like your father, and glorify the things that please him

But I tell you :

Who shall ever separate us from Christ’s love? Shall suffering and affliction and tribulation? Or calamity and distress? Or persecution or hunger or destitution or peril or sword?

Even as it is written, For Thy sake we are put to death all the day long; we are regarded and counted as sheep for the slaughter.

Yet amid all these things we are more than conquerors and gain a surpassing victory through Him Who loved us.

For I am persuaded beyond doubt (am sure) that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities, nor things impending and threatening nor things to come, nor powers,

Nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Not going to church can also not separate you from the love of God.

The experience of God is everywhere around us. Everything in the world is a manifestation of God.

Going to church is not a do-or-die affair.

There is a resurgence of the pandemic, and a rise in crime rate. The government has advised people to stay home.

But of course, some people's foolishness (in the name of church going) will be their undoing.

There is a difference between faith and foolishness.

The fact that we have been given power over scorpions does not mean we should be looking for scorpions to step on.
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by nwanyiugbo122(f): 1:16pm On Jan 03, 2021
And you are so stupid to be dragging ordinary phone and atm bla bla bla, with demons armed, what if that knife goes through your tummy or chest? would have been alive to talk about it? I'm so angry about this.

1 Like

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Lekan239(m): 1:17pm On Jan 03, 2021
KnightsTemplar:
Una no dey hear word, you were dragging your pocket with 3 armed men, and they still stabbed you. You are lucky the stabbing wasn't serious, your life is worth more than your wallet and phone. Glad you are OK anyway.
this made me remember three years ago we closed very late at wrk that day, around 11pm I was heading home, everywhere was dark and silent, I was walking praying not to mee any of this boys dem, I got to a bridge and saw like 10 guy coming all in black and smoking, I don't even know wat got over me, instead of me to wait let cross the bridgr firstly, I climbed the bride with them, hopinh they will give me space to pass beside them, wat a courage. On getting closer to them, I just gently come down and allow them all to pass. Non of them even talk to me that day. I was so scared like hell

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cultists Attack Navy Officer In Bayeku Lagos, Cut His Hand, Take Away His Pistol / Robbers Attack Chisco Bus At Shagamu, Strip Passengers Of Valuables / Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.