Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? (62262 Views)

How Do I Confront My Wife With This Kind Of Question / 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' / How Do I Handle This Kind Of Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? by Ryan03(f): 9:58pm On Jan 02, 2021
Burstscam:
If it failed on your car and damaged it, or damaged the tank there, would you call the owner and demand he pays for damages? If yes, then call him to come and carry his food
thank you, this is the perfect explanation
Re: How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? by ikorodureporta: 10:03pm On Jan 02, 2021
My own never even fall go there, e don disappear for up

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? by faceland: 10:03pm On Jan 02, 2021
Give then to the owner but complain about your fence. That is 1k at market-day in Delta State (but 8x in the North).

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? by Lamasta(m): 10:05pm On Jan 02, 2021
yanabasee:
If you carry what doesn't belong to you.... You're a thief!!
This na temptation which can lead to confusion, infatuation oh no grin

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? by Karleb(m): 10:07pm On Jan 02, 2021
Somebody said new year palliative. grin grin
Make person borrow me cutlass.
Re: How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? by Originalsly: 10:08pm On Jan 02, 2021
Not stealing... when it comes to situations like this... never mind the tree is planted in the neighbours yard... whatever hangs over the fence can be trimmed or reaped. If the tree broke and caused damage then the neighbor can be sued because it is his responsibility to keep the tree within his yard. But as a good citizen... he should notify the neighbour.
Re: How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? by Hardeybahyour: 10:09pm On Jan 02, 2021
search 4 d owner n give it to him
Re: How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? by WaterWalker5(m): 10:17pm On Jan 02, 2021
Nmezor:
It ain't urs, give it to the rightful owners
Except you're not a fan of bananas like me Nmezor. Those are bunch of blessings in disguise. You can return them but not me especially if they're mature
Re: How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 02, 2021
sholarr12:
How would you solve this kind of issue?

Does it belong to you?
Re: How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? by Businext: 10:20pm On Jan 02, 2021
This happens in my farm and in my father's house.
In my farm, one time my neighbour set his side on fire and it affected my plantain,
I made sure he paid for them because he harvested them and took them in the name of saving them, no one supported me though, no regrets.

The woman staying close to my farm cuts my plantain when she says wind abi breeze blows it down. The first time she told me and I waived it and said that's ok, the second time I called it her palliative, but this last time I told her she should have called me. Let it not be a habit. She helps me whenever she is around when I'm around. But all I want is for her to tell me first and not harvest it or take it because 'breeze' blew it!

In my father's house their neighbour's plantain always goes over the fence. One time they cut it and threw it over to them. Another time, they cut it and gave them by the gate. The last time they just opened the gate and let them in to cut it.

#Happy2021
Re: How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? by Mrshape: 10:20pm On Jan 02, 2021
I just realized a lot of people here have low IQ what I saw in the pictures, the issue is that someone has stole many banner from that tree but unfortunately the last bunch fell with the tree in your compound.
The problem how will you explain to the owner you where not the one who cut the other bunch on banana
Re: How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? by emonkey(m): 10:24pm On Jan 02, 2021
The name of someone who harvests what he did not plant is what?
Re: How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? by Nmezor(f): 10:25pm On Jan 02, 2021
WaterWalker5:

Except you're not a fan of bananas like me Nmezor. Those are bunch of blessings in disguise. You can return them but not me especially if they're mature
Says who? I am a fan o Oga. In this case eating dem won't be fair now.
Re: How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? by mayorsakiii007: 10:26pm On Jan 02, 2021
It has solved itself
Re: How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? by Bodydiialect57: 10:32pm On Jan 02, 2021
Do unto others as you would want them do unto you. Simple!
Re: How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? by WaterWalker5(m): 10:33pm On Jan 02, 2021
Nmezor:
Says who? I am a fan o Oga. In this case eating dem won't be fair now.
While you're correct, the reality is that I would keep some.for myself before giving the owner the rest. Anyways Happy new Year
Re: How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? by Hajokexyz: 10:33pm On Jan 02, 2021
They say the law is an ass and I fully endorse this statement.
you know why ? I'll tell you .

There's a banana tree next door to where I live .This tree overhangs my premises .
Every morning I have to sweep up the dead leaves of the next door .
Now this banana tree has two lovely bunches of fruit in it. The two lovely bunches overhangs my premises. I love bananas and my children love bananas too . If we have to sweep up the dead leaves from the tree ... surely we are entitled to some compensation for our trouble? suppose one day .... I cut down one of the bunches and eat the bananas. After all ... we did not go into our neighbor's compound to cut it . we found it in our yard . what would the law say about it ?.

The law would say I have converted another man's property to mine . which is a round about way of saying I am a thief .
As far as the law is concerned , even though the banana bunches overhang my premises .... they do not belong to me .

But I say to the law ..... what about the dead leaves I have to sweep up every morning?
has the tree that does not belong to me right to litter my premises ?
And the law replies , That's a different matter ; the law allows you to cut down the overhanging branch because every owner of the premises also owns the space above it .
If your neighbor's branch overhangs your premises , That's an infringement of your space .

All this is puzzling me . so I say to the law ,
if I cut down the offending branch , the fruit will be lying on the ground , and will become rotten if they are not eaten .
And yet you say I must not eat the bananas. They belong to my neighbor. After All it was his tree that bore them .

so there it is - the law at its silliest . I may cut down the bananas but I must not eat then , indeed ! I came across this but of law in an old boom written by a lawyer or the layman that is you and me .
And the feeling I got after reading this book was that the law is the most complicated business one can ever involved in .
No wonder they need lawyers to interpret them .

one if the most risky things a person can do is defend himself in court . He may think his case of a straightforward ....but in law nothing is ever straightforward.

English project page 16/17

5 Likes

Re: How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? by Nmezor(f): 10:37pm On Jan 02, 2021
WaterWalker5:
While you're correct, the reality is that I would keep some.for myself before giving the owner the rest. Anyways Happy new Year
i wish you the Same ....why keep some for your self ? Its Berra for the owner to give u some instead.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? by WaterWalker5(m): 10:41pm On Jan 02, 2021
Nmezor:
i wish you the Same ....why keep some for your self ? Its Berra for the owner to give u some instead.
My dear Lady the situation is like putting a fish in front of a cat and expecting the cat to watch over it without taking some or all of it for itself. This situation is a REALLY tempting one. I admire your stand Nmezor. Can we be friends?
Re: How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? by swtdrms(m): 10:43pm On Jan 02, 2021
Nmezor:
I don't feel u Oga...What are you implying biko?

U're not calming down in your profile picture. Please calm down and and let the beauty show
Re: How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? by AfonjaConehead: 10:52pm On Jan 02, 2021
sholarr12:

Story for the gods.
Post no bill/banana or whatever

Trespassing on another person's property. Offending subject must be arrested... grin grin grin
Re: How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? by freetheking: 10:54pm On Jan 02, 2021
sholarr12:

This kind of thing has happened to me several times, and the funny thing is that the man will just come and knock at my gate with his knife and cut it down and back to his compund without thanks or sorry.
Re: How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? by Hopez456(m): 10:55pm On Jan 02, 2021
Hajokexyz:
They say the law is an ass and I fully endorse this statement.
you know why ? I'll tell you .

There's a banana tree next door to where I live .This tree overhangs my premises .
Every morning I have to sweep up the dead leaves of the next door .
Now this banana tree has two lovely bunches of fruit in it. The two lovely bunches overhangs my premises. I love bananas and my children love bananas too . If we have to sweep up the dead leaves from the tree ... surely we are entitled to some compensation for our trouble? suppose one day .... I cut down one of the bunches and eat the bananas. After all ... we did not go into our neighbor's compound to cut it . we found it in our yard . what would the law say about it ?.

The law would say I have converted another man's property to mine . which is a round about way of saying I am a thief .
As far as the law is concerned , even though the banana bunches overhang my premises .... they do not belong to me .

But I say to the law ..... what about the dead leaves I have to sweep up every morning?
has the tree that does not belong to me right to litter my premises ?
And the law replies , That's a different matter ; the law allows you to cut down the overhanging branch because every owner of the premises also owns the space above it .
If your neighbor's branch overhangs your premises , That's an infringement of your space .

All this is puzzling me . so I say to the law ,
if I cut down the offending branch , the fruit will be lying on the ground , and will become rotten if they are not eaten .
And yet you say I must not eat the bananas. They belong to my neighbor. After All it was his tree that bore them .

so there it is - the law at its silliest . I may cut down the bananas but I must not eat then , indeed ! I came across this but of law in an old boom written by a lawyer or the layman that is you and me .
And the feeling I got after reading this book was that the law is the most complicated business one can ever involved in .
No wonder they need lawyers to interpret them .

one if the most risky things a person can do is defend himself in court . He may think his case of a straightforward ....but in law nothing is ever straightforward.

English project page 16/17
Thank you bro. I read this comprehension passage in school. Good old days! I wonder what children of today are reading.
Re: How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? by AfonjaConehead: 10:56pm On Jan 02, 2021
Mr banana is under arress for breaking and entry, period grin
Re: How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? by guy222: 10:59pm On Jan 02, 2021
Asadujames202:
Tinubu a former drug pusher

Is now the king of yor(uba )land

Shame

chai!!! Weed whyyyyy?
Re: How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? by Rebuke: 11:00pm On Jan 02, 2021
I am scared of the mindset of Nigerians. Except some of the comments here are just for fun hmmmm.

How does a grown a$$ man not know taking what doesn't belong to them is thieft and very wrong?

Call the owner to order if yhu feel offended about the dirts that banana tree might have caused and maybe ask him to tidy up the area. ....but yhu must not take advantage of the falling banana that landed in yhur compound.

It's not yhurs, give him back the banana!
Re: How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? by bdg10: 11:00pm On Jan 02, 2021
OK
Re: How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? by SlimChizzy4(m): 11:02pm On Jan 02, 2021
Quic quid plantatur solo solo cedit
Re: How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? by Bahamas95(m): 11:04pm On Jan 02, 2021
I can't take what doesn't belong to me.

Inform the owner jor!
Re: How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? by Gabbriell: 11:11pm On Jan 02, 2021
Natural palliative

Inform the owner and thank him before getting down to business.

Re: How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? by murtalaa(m): 11:13pm On Jan 02, 2021
I will send my child to go and collect groundnut from the neighbor house.
Re: How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? by Nmezor(f): 11:15pm On Jan 02, 2021
swtdrms:

U're not calming down in your profile picture. Please calm down and and let the beauty show
Na u know o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Want To Send My Wife Packing / Parents In Tears At The Wedding Of Their Only Daughter In Lagos. Photo / My Marriage On The Brink Of Crashing, Experienced People Needed Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.