Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Nigerians At Ukraine - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians At Ukraine (237239 Views)

Discrimination And Exploitation Of Nigerians At The Polish Embassy, Abuja / Why Do Nigerians At Home Always Beg Nigerians Abroad? / What Is Happening In Nigeria? (For Nigerians At Home Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (129) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by collinso89: 11:39pm On Jun 22, 2020
Please, with my Ukraine student visa and Ukraine resident permit, if I get admission in a University in Germany, will I come back to Nigeria for shenghen visa or visit the German Embassy in Ukraine?? I need a correct answer please.
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by Pearlina20(f): 11:25pm On Jun 25, 2020
Oyemyk:

Hopefully, very soon.
But I'm in Abuja ATM...I will try to update here once the Embassy opens

Please I saw it at their website that they'll resume June 22 but I'm not sure if they have.Pls have they resumed?
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by semac00(m): 9:45am On Jun 26, 2020
collinso89:
Please, with my Ukraine student visa and Ukraine resident permit, if I get admission in a University in Germany, will I come back to Nigeria for shenghen visa or visit the German Embassy in Ukraine?? I need a correct answer please.

You have a resident permit in Ukraine then apply for your visa in Ukraine you don't need to travel to Nigeria. Just provide all the required documents.
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by Oyemyk(m): 12:32am On Jun 27, 2020
Pearlina20:

Please I saw it at their website that they'll resume June 22 but I'm not sure if they have.Pls have they resumed?

https://nigeria.mfa.gov.ua/en/news/konsulskij-viddil-posolstva-vidnovlyuye-prijom-gromadyan

In case of others, that's the link to their website that provided information about the resumption date Pearlina just mentioned.

According to what was written...they clearly stated that they're opened, but aren't taking visa applications for now. But there's very high chance they'll commence visa processing by July.

Personally, I think applicants should be learning to communicate in Ukrainian language for now, whilst the delay is on. It'll do them a lot of good.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by Oyemyk(m): 12:34am On Jun 27, 2020
collinso89:

Semac00 is right...since you're legally residing in Ukraine, you can apply at the German Embassy in Ukraine.
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by olise88(m): 2:34pm On Jul 10, 2020
kingskarra96:
apply to a university is Kiev that the only place you can get a job
Hello bro, greetings to you sir. Please, are you presently in Ukraine?
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by YourGrandfather: 3:59am On Jul 13, 2020
Abeg when will embassy open !!!
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by olise88(m): 8:59am On Jul 13, 2020
I just got an invitation from khmelnytskyi national university for a Master's program there.. Please who has any info about the school and life in the city. Please help
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by Oyemyk(m): 8:11pm On Jul 14, 2020
Hello everyone, good news for you all. Glory to God!
Here is news about Embassy reopening attached below with evidence of it's credibility. Good luck to everyone.

Also, this is the direct link;

https://nigeria.mfa.gov.ua/storage/app/sites/57/statement.pdf

Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by YourGrandfather: 4:38am On Jul 16, 2020
Please is anyone going to Kyiv National University of technology and design here.
If Yes pls have you collect your Invitation Letter.
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by Claudia090: 4:28pm On Jul 18, 2020
This is my first time of posting, please am applying for a school in lublin Poland and i was asked to get eligibility letter from Federal Ministry of Education, please how do i g0 about it.
Secondly, will i be needing my First school leaving certificate goe students visa in Poland
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by Claudia090: 4:29pm On Jul 18, 2020
This is my first time of posting, please am applying for a school in lublin Poland and i was asked to get eligibility letter from Federal Ministry of Education, please how do i g0 about it.
Secondly, will i be needing my First school leaving certificate goe students visa in Poland
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by Oyemyk(m): 6:56pm On Jul 19, 2020
Claudia090:

To get Eligibility letter, you need to visit the Ministry of Education at Federal Secretariat in Abuja. You will first verify your SSCE results and legalise them. The purpose of the eligibility is to show the Embassy that your grades are eligible to study in a foreign country, as such they don't need to verify with the examination body... WAEC or NECO. Then you'll pay for the eligibility, which will be ready the third day...although paying higher can facilitate the process...but it only works for the legalization, the letter is ready on the third day as they need to verify. Also, you must go with the Original copy of your Testimonial of High school graduation or else, you won't be able to get the letter.
Without at least Credit grade (C) in Mathematics and English, the letter will state to the embassy that you're not eligible. Although it will be presented to you not sent to the Embassy directly.
The fees are usually low...you won't spend up to 3k for all.
Don't forget to go early.

You can check the Polish Embassy's website on visa application requirements then you'll be able to know all the requirements and their specifications. If you can't get information, just document it and they'll correct you...(if they're not like US and Canada who'll reject a visa for improper documentation) Just make sure to get the full and credible information.

Good luck!
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by Oyemyk(m): 7:03pm On Jul 19, 2020
YourGrandfather:
Please is anyone going to Kyiv National University of technology and design here.
If Yes pls have you collect your Invitation Letter.

There are cases of some institutions not yet issuing invitations because they're deliberating if to issue or not. As such, it is best to contact the school and hope they reply. You can call them
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by angba: 6:36am On Jul 22, 2020
emmadaddy:
Pls how much do you pay for your visa assurance and how was the interview

please hopesingz22 how much did you pay for to legalize your documents
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by semac00(m): 5:23pm On Jul 22, 2020
Covid 19 insurance is a compulsory requirment to get Ukrainian visa

Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by datOnitshaboy: 7:23pm On Jul 23, 2020
semac00:
Covid 19 insurance is a compulsory requirment to get Ukrainian visa

Semac00 pls I need your contact and its very urgent...do reply me..
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by danielinyang(m): 1:48am On Jul 25, 2020
Hello fellow nairalanders please i need information about universities in Ukraine please i want to study international law i search on google but all i see is diffrent websites and hungry agents please someone should guide me on how to gain admission please i am willing to compensate that person when i successfully arrive thanks!
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by onward4life(m): 8:28am On Jul 26, 2020
bbwollex:
I am actually studying in ukraine now, their studies is okay, but don't let any agent deceive you that there are jobs here, no jobs in ukraine,even their citizens find it difficult to get a job. Come only to study and be ready to learn languages,

Do they actually use English in Ukraine or they lecture with their local dialect..
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by Oyemyk(m): 1:48am On Jul 27, 2020
danielinyang:
Hello fellow nairalanders please i need information about universities in Ukraine please i want to study international law i search on google but all i see is diffrent websites and hungry agents please someone should guide me on how to gain admission please i am willing to compensate that person when i successfully arrive thanks!

You mean you want to go through the process yourself?
Indicate, then we can know how to guide you.
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by Oyemyk(m): 1:54am On Jul 27, 2020
onward4life:

Do they actually use English in Ukraine or they lecture with their local dialect..

Preparatory studies are almost compulsory and they're dedicated to language acquisition and other introductory stuff.
After the first year (10 months) of preparatory studies...you can decide to learn in English or Ukrainian. But learning in English attracts higher fee...usually about $500 depending on the institution. It may be lower or higher.
But if you become so good in a year...you can study in Ukrainian/Russian.
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by onward4life(m): 8:51am On Jul 27, 2020
Oyemyk:

Preparatory studies are almost compulsory and they're dedicated to language acquisition and other introductory stuff.
After the first year (10 months) of preparatory studies...you can decide to learn in English or Ukrainian. But learning in English attracts higher fee...usually about $500 depending on the institution. It may be lower or higher.

Good.

I plan on going to Holland

My dream country
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by bbwollex(m): 6:32pm On Jul 27, 2020
onward4life:

Depends on the medium of instruction you wanna study. They have English,Ukrainian and Russian
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by ChristoBam: 8:28pm On Jul 27, 2020
Oyemyk:

Preparatory studies are not compulsory. Except you choose that kind of school. There are a lot of schools in Ukraine In which you'll study directly. Why will anyone do preparatory courses when he's going to end up studying in English? The only time this happens is when students enter the country after November when admission into classes is closed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by Oyemyk(m): 9:24pm On Jul 27, 2020
ChristoBam:

Preparatory studies are not compulsory. Except you choose that kind of school. There are a lot of schools in Ukraine In which you'll study directly. Why will anyone do preparatory courses when he's going to end up studying in English? The only time this happens is when students enter the country after November when admission into classes is closed.

With the knowledge of the point that preparatory studies aren't compulsory. That's why I wrote; "are almost compulsory".

Moreover, people don't end up studying preparatory studies because of timeline issue (post-November admission) only. I have friends who intentionally decide to go through preparatory department because they really want to learn the language and culture. Also...some of them want to study so they can have time to work and accumulate tuition for the subsequent year(s), because they want to have uninterrupted study during their Undergraduate studies.

Others go through preparatory department because they don't know it's not compulsory.

Others feel it can extend their stay for up to 5 years and thereby apply for citizenship denying their present citizenship after studies.

Some are not bothered if it's compulsory or not, they just study.

So, people still undergo preparatory studies knowing that they will study in English...at least, I've stated reasons.

I belong to the compulsory or not group...Because I already understand Ukrainian at basic level and have locals(native speaking friends) who teach me. So my decision to study or not is just because I feel like or I don't feel like.

I hope I answered your "why will anyone do preparatory courses when he's going to end up studying in English?" question.

Слава Україні!!...lol
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by onward4life(m): 9:46pm On Jul 27, 2020
bbwollex:

Depends on the medium of instruction you wanna study. They have English,Ukrainian and Russian

I get now...

If I may ask

What it's the similarities between Ireland and Holland...?

because very soon nah from their I go dey look Nigerian news from!

And nod my head as look a our youths

suffer from old age and early graves

Why our elders from last century

keeps running the show!!! With greasy elbow

Oops sorry no offense

I mean, i hope I can access nairaland from there?

Thanks
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by ChristoBam: 10:06pm On Jul 27, 2020
Oyemyk:

With the knowledge of the point that preparatory studies aren't compulsory. That's why I wrote; "are almost compulsory".

Moreover, people don't end up studying preparatory studies because of timeline issue (post-November admission) only. I have friends who intentionally decide to go through preparatory department because they really want to learn the language and culture. Also...some of them want to study so they can have time to work and accumulate tuition for the subsequent year(s), because they want to have uninterrupted study during their Undergraduate studies.

Others go through preparatory department because they don't know it's not compulsory.

Others feel it can extend their stay for up to 5 years and thereby apply for citizenship denying their present citizenship after studies.

Some are not bothered if it's compulsory or not, they just study.

So, people still undergo preparatory studies knowing that they will study in English...at least, I've stated reasons.

I belong to the compulsory or not group...Because I already understand Ukrainian at basic level and have locals(native speaking friends) who teach me. So my decision to study or not is just because I feel like or I don't feel like.

I hope I answered your "why will anyone do preparatory courses when he's going to end up studying in English?" question.

Слава Україні!!...lol

Lol I feel you. That 'almost compulsory' makes it look like it'll be difficult for people to start their studies directly. By all the points you gave, it's a matter of personal choice or decision. I get you though..
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by Philmale: 11:41pm On Jul 27, 2020
Please I don’t know if I can use my HND to start from 300L in Ukraine as an undergraduate student?
Secondly,how much is the school fees for management students from year 100L to 400L?
Please I need a response.
Re: Nigerians At Ukraine by YourGrandfather: 4:05am On Jul 28, 2020
Abeg I dey beg who is going to kyiv national university of technologies and design or who knows how to contact them I have tried and tried but I got no response .
I don't know if they will give admissions this year I have paid for admission but because of the corona i don't know if they will give admissions.
Abeg embarassed undecided cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (129)

Anyone Studying In Belgium? / Turkey Visa Application Delay / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.