Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? - Forum Games (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? (38822 Views)

Which Glass Has More Water? / Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? / Brain Teaser: Can You Crack The Code? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by sapientia(m): 8:58am On Jan 05, 2021
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by CharleyBright(m): 8:59am On Jan 05, 2021
post=97735097:
Obviously Glass 4 .... simple logic!Killah!

Even with the drink pouring out already?
Oversabi no good o.

Oya if you put 1 and 1 together, what will you get?

Na dis question during interview still make Osaro dey him papa house up till today.
Na Oversabi killam....come still fail am! grin cheesy wink

Tutunviva, what is your answer sis?

OK ooooo
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by Pimine: 9:00am On Jan 05, 2021
StonedLex:
The cup in between glass 1 and 2. Take it or leave it. If it doesn't get filled up, glass 1 and 2 can't get a drop.
Aswearugaaad

Exactly. By the time 2 gets a drop, 4 would be well on its way.
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by Ojycelarma: 9:00am On Jan 05, 2021
4 followed closely by 2
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by Donspicey: 9:01am On Jan 05, 2021
Na dat glass go first full now.....

Check am well well u sef go see am...
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by Donspicey: 9:01am On Jan 05, 2021
Na dat glass go first full now.....

Check am well well u sef go see am...
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by 1000COMPUTERZ(m): 9:01am On Jan 05, 2021
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by oluk04(m): 9:03am On Jan 05, 2021
Cup 2
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by constant1960: 9:04am On Jan 05, 2021
Quote me if u object that
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by OmoOshodi(m): 9:06am On Jan 05, 2021
None...Unless the wine is a magical wine that never stop running

Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by InvertedHammer: 9:08am On Jan 05, 2021
/
Height. Volume. Pressure differential.

Cup 2

/
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by rufai1440: 9:08am On Jan 05, 2021
b5ive:
Did u notice the jar leading to the 4th glass is bigger, glass2 will get filled b4 glass 4 definitely.
no from physics surface area of the cup above 4 will attract more pressure that will allow no 4 first for no 2 the capillary btw d cups above will sluggish the pressure for it so it will be 4321.
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by Oesophagus99(m): 9:09am On Jan 05, 2021
4 2 1 3
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by miketayo(m): 9:09am On Jan 05, 2021
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by gokeday(m): 9:09am On Jan 05, 2021
the one between 2 and 1
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by jamace(m): 9:12am On Jan 05, 2021
First, I need to know the VOLUME of the glasses, containers and even the source container since the containers vary in sizes.
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 9:14am On Jan 05, 2021
BrainBucksNG:
2 There's nothing teasing brain here. it's too easy plz
oga u fail am... na 4
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by Cryptofxt10: 9:14am On Jan 05, 2021
TheCalculator:
Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9108379/Brainteaser-leaves-puzzlers-stumped-work-flute-filled-first.html

No2

Smaller Surface area from the reservoir
Larger Pressure differential from the receiver.
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by odigie100(m): 9:20am On Jan 05, 2021

1 Like

Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by CALCULUS16: 9:21am On Jan 05, 2021
Believer013:

I don't agree with this solution.

Glass 4 will fill first.

Reason, the conduit going to it is at the lowest, hence more pressure at that point to drive the fluid to glass 4.

2 would be fill first, pressure depend on height, look at the case of 2, the vessel that collect the water is small when compared to that of 4, hence the faster the vessel would reach the conduit going to glass 2, and being that the vessel connected to 2 is higher than the rest, atmospheric pressure and potential energy of the water above the orifice linking to glass 2 would hasten it to become full very quicker than the rest.

Look at how big the vessel linking glass 3 and 4, look at how small the vessel linking glass 1 and 2, before the fluid reaches the orifice of 3 and 4 ,the fluid in vessel linking 1 and 2 would have reached the orifice linking glass 2
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by BrainBucksNG: 9:21am On Jan 05, 2021
kingsolomonjnr01:

oga u fail am... na 4
funny. you for reason am well before you declare my failure. it remains 2. ask op
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by Fiscus105(m): 9:25am On Jan 05, 2021
The unlabelled lower glass btw 1 & 2
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by Midas01: 9:27am On Jan 05, 2021
Was waiting for this comment. Na you get sense pass for NL.
StonedLex:
The cup in between glass 1 and 2. Take it or leave it. If it doesn't get filled up, glass 1 and 2 can't get a drop.
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by Midas01: 9:27am On Jan 05, 2021
You're right.
Fiscus105:
The unumbered lower jar btw 1 & 2
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by johnero353(m): 9:30am On Jan 05, 2021
Anyway, If I can know the volume of the glasses, as well as the volume flow rate; I'll precisely know the one that will get filled first...

Hope that's sensible
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 05, 2021
the small glass in-between one and two.
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by babamoha(m): 9:32am On Jan 05, 2021
Believer013:

I don't agree with this solution.

Glass 4 will fill first.

Reason, the conduit going to it is at the lowest, hence more pressure at that point to drive the fluid to glass 4.

check the picture again
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by Kabiyesi12(m): 9:33am On Jan 05, 2021
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by CALCULUS16: 9:34am On Jan 05, 2021
Intellellectually/humorously the answer is :the first unlabelled glass u r filling would become full first. Even the bottle content no fit reach all the glasses. The rate at which that fluid is poured in the unlabelled glass is higher than the rate at which the conduit passes the fluid to the glasses.
At that static height, without no one holding it, then even the unnumbered glass would be overflowing with the fluid.

Those glasses are meant for confusion.

But to be confused like the rest and looking at it with mechanistic perspective, the answer is glass 2. If u argue with this , u need a convex lens.
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by Whitelookq: 9:35am On Jan 05, 2021
Before I answer, I need to know the volume of water that can enter that glass that will be filled before it start entering Glass two. While I will prefer glass four, adding that small cup to the half of the one at the top will definitely be bigger than that of glass four. So the answer is technically four for now.
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by twilliamx(m): 9:37am On Jan 05, 2021
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by Farid24224(m): 9:39am On Jan 05, 2021
2 na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wife, Mother, Daughter, $10M: Who Would You Save First? / View Pix And Tell Us What U"ll Do If You Find Urself In Such A Situation / Tell Me What You See In This Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.