Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? - Forum Games (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? (38860 Views)

Which Glass Has More Water? / Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? / Brain Teaser: Can You Crack The Code? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by Loris576(m): 11:09am On Jan 05, 2021
ClassicMan202:

Wrong.. Actually it depends on the flow rate of the liquid from the bottle, if it flows slowly then the bottom small cup must be filled before reaching the top, but if it flows fast and overwhelms the small connection between the small cups then it will now retain at the top cup there by filling cup number 2. Hope you understand sha
I don't o
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by senchibi: 11:11am On Jan 05, 2021
Loris576:

i don't seem to understand you well
but from my own humble opinion, the cup before entering cup 2 is small, whereas the other is larger. So looking at it critically you'll see it's 2 that will be filled first.

I am open to ideas �
Just by saying you don't understand him well means you're an arts student. But I think 2 will get filled up first.
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by Loris576(m): 11:14am On Jan 05, 2021
senchibi:

Just by saying you don't understand him well means you're an arts student. But I think 2 will get filled up first.
lol..I'm not
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by Loris576(m): 11:15am On Jan 05, 2021
Any other teasers ?
I'm in for this
it's been long i entered nairaland..
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by Gabbriell: 11:21am On Jan 05, 2021
CharleyBright:
None.
The Cork on the bottle is still intact.
It will require to be uncorked before contents of the bottle is distributed.

cheesy cheesy grin Brother, you need to change your weed supplier this year.
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by Loris576(m): 11:23am On Jan 05, 2021
Gabbriell:

cheesy cheesy grin Brother, you need to change your weed supplier this year.
why is it that emojis don't show on my nairaland page. I mean when i want to send them. Any solution ?
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by Agwaso: 11:24am On Jan 05, 2021
Loris576:

i don't seem to understand you well
but from my own humble opinion, the cup before entering cup 2 is small, whereas the other is larger. So looking at it critically you'll see it's 2 that will be filled first.

I am open to ideas �

Both of you are correct from the perspective you are looking at it. The question is not complete because as we do not know ratio of the sizes of the jug above.

The jug for cup 2 is smaller but at higher altitude, while the jug for cup 4 is bigger and wider but at a lower altitude. We need to have the diffent heights and the sizes to determine this.

1 Like

Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by Loris576(m): 11:28am On Jan 05, 2021
Agwaso:

Both of you are correct from the perspective you are looking at it. The question is not complete because as we do not know ratio of the sizes of the jug above.

The jug for cup 2 is smaller but at higher altitude, while the jug for cup 4 is bigger and wider but at a lower altitude. We need to have the diffent heights and the sizes to determine this.
Great minds everywhere ..I love this
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by victorazyvictor(m): 11:30am On Jan 05, 2021
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by Eyaba(m): 11:32am On Jan 05, 2021
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by olatechnician(m): 11:34am On Jan 05, 2021
the glass in between 1 and 2
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by kingchris30(m): 11:34am On Jan 05, 2021
Angrymode:

I agree it's that one you pointed out but beside that, which one of the numbered ones?
the one I pointed out I can't tell if it is open or close, if it closed, then it should be between 2 or 4 but if it is open then it is certainly 4, to be on a safer side I will go with 4
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by Gabbriell: 11:43am On Jan 05, 2021
Loris576:

why is it that emojis don't show on my nairaland page. I mean when i want to send them. Any solution ?

The emojis are right above the text area. Click on anyone to add them to your text while typing. shocked

1 Like

Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 05, 2021
Believer013:

I don't agree with this solution.

Glass 4 will fill first.

Reason, the conduit going to it is at the lowest, hence more pressure at that point to drive the fluid to glass 4.
At the left hand side the elevation is higher than the right hand side of the set up so there's more pressure on that side than right hand side of glass 4
Secondly: glass 2 on the side of higher elevation has a small volume so it will take less time to fill than glass 4.
The answer is : 2
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by presleYzzi(m): 12:08pm On Jan 05, 2021
ClassicMan202:

Wrong.. Actually it depends on the flow rate of the liquid from the bottle, if it flows slowly then the bottom small cup must be filled before reaching the top, but if it flows fast and overwhelms the small connection between the small cups then it will now retain at the top cup there by filling cup number 2. Hope you understand sha

You're smart

1 Like

Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by pyrex23(m): 12:15pm On Jan 05, 2021
Believer013:

I don't agree with this solution.

Glass 4 will fill first.

Reason, the conduit going to it is at the lowest, hence more pressure at that point to drive the fluid to glass 4.
what is the formula for pressure? The higher, the more the pressure
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by codedphyness(m): 12:18pm On Jan 05, 2021
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by abc115: 12:30pm On Jan 05, 2021
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by abc115: 12:32pm On Jan 05, 2021
4 actually
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by abc115: 12:36pm On Jan 05, 2021
ClassicMan202:

conduits are the same
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by ClassicMan202(m): 12:39pm On Jan 05, 2021
abc115:

conduits are the same

I know, I am talking about the rate at which it flows from the bottle.
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by 2oby: 12:41pm On Jan 05, 2021
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by Fuckyoumod: 1:59pm On Jan 05, 2021
teewhizzy4real:
none of the cup is going to be filled, judging with the size of the bottle and it content, the four cups are going to end up having little or half of it filled. My own reason sha
lol.... Na so una dey take fail exams ooh.

The question didn't consider the content.

Because, it is assumed from the question that the flow of content from the source is constant.

Whether the content is enough or not is not our business, and is negligible.
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by BigGuava: 2:10pm On Jan 05, 2021
You can work from home as an article writer and a Million Naira while at it

To find out how you can participate in this offer,send a message to the WhatsApp contact on the profile.

This offer is open to both NEW and SEASONED content writer. Do not delay in sending in your application today...

Remember it's write articles from home and earn One Million Naira doing this.........!

Thanks for reading
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by BigGuava: 2:23pm On Jan 05, 2021
You can work from home as an article writer and a Million Naira while at it

To find out how you can participate in this offer,send a message to the WhatsApp contact on the profile.

This offer is open to both NEW and SEASONED content writer. Do not delay in sending in your application today...

Remember it's write articles from home and earn One Million Naira doing this.. .......!

Thanks for reading
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by 2020Experience(m): 2:30pm On Jan 05, 2021
2 followed 1. Then 4 followed by 3
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by DeeREALME(m): 2:35pm On Jan 05, 2021
Glass number four(4)
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by BArris007(m): 2:43pm On Jan 05, 2021
None of the above number of glasses, the glass that will get filled first is not enlisted among them.
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by Ukeme8: 3:18pm On Jan 05, 2021
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by Jat33: 3:30pm On Jan 05, 2021
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by Mobog(m): 4:13pm On Jan 05, 2021
2.... it's smaller than 4, so it's definitely 2

I sell UK used LAPTOP
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? by Oceanfield: 5:24pm On Jan 05, 2021
StonedLex:
The cup in between glass 1 and 2. Take it or leave it. If it doesn't get filled up, glass 1 and 2 can't get a drop.

I agree with you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wife, Mother, Daughter, $10M: Who Would You Save First? / View Pix And Tell Us What U"ll Do If You Find Urself In Such A Situation / Tell Me What You See In This Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.