Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,603 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase (16307 Views)

Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC / Nigerians To Pay More As FG Approves Tariff Increase For Power Companies, Disco / Confusion As Disco Announces Tariff Increase, NERC Silent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase by Uniquewise: 4:08pm On Jan 05, 2021
Okoroawusa:
I Love PMB...

If Nigeria doesn't kill fake news then fake news will kill Nigeria.

When will you get sense

2 Likes

Re: NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase by Wolelua: 4:09pm On Jan 05, 2021
It is done already, my December Bill was ₦10,000 against ₦4,000
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase by freetheking: 4:09pm On Jan 05, 2021
crazyclown:
But it has already been implemented, I recharged 1k yesterday and they gave me 14 units can u imagine angry
Are you sure of this? Because I recharged 10k and got 280 units
Re: NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase by Uniquewise: 4:09pm On Jan 05, 2021
DennisEche:
GOD BLESS PMB

SMH undecided
Re: NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase by Wolelua: 4:15pm On Jan 05, 2021
It is done already, my December Bill was ₦10,000 against ₦4,000

1 Like

Re: NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase by APOSTLECHUMA: 4:16pm On Jan 05, 2021
One good thing about this country is that fuel is easy to get. Let this evil govt keep pushing the masses to the wall, and see if the masses will not set the entire country ablaze one day.

1 Like

Re: NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jan 05, 2021
Approve a d see another wave of protests.

1 Like

Re: NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase by Pisol(m): 4:24pm On Jan 05, 2021
What are your government saying self, when I recharge my prepaid meter with 6k before I used to have 214 units or more, now with same 6k they give me 119units.

Who is fooling who... Mtsheeew

1 Like

Re: NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase by Correct05: 4:25pm On Jan 05, 2021
The one already implemented or another one, ds country is a joke

1 Like

Re: NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase by Hopez456(m): 4:27pm On Jan 05, 2021
freetheking:
Are you sure of this? Because I recharged 10k and got 280 units
I guess you are under the categories of those who get less than 12hours of light per day because with 12 hours u should get 200 units for the 10k.

2 Likes

Re: NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase by samdunzo: 4:29pm On Jan 05, 2021
why dont regional bodies within NERC regulate prices per geopolitical zone..... not all regions can afford a uniform price. This is what true federalism is all about....
Re: NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase by Wolelua: 4:40pm On Jan 05, 2021
It is done, stop lying to us
naptu2:
See previous thread here.

FG Increases Electricity Tariff By 50%
https://www.nairaland.com/6346418/fg-increases-electricity-tariff-50

NERC Nigeria @

https://mobile.twitter.com/NERCNG/status/1346443740416716801
Re: NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase by Hadeylex: 4:40pm On Jan 05, 2021
3. On the contrary, the tariff for customers on service bands D & E (customers being served less than an average of 12hrs of supply per day over a period of one month) remains frozen and subsidised in line with the policy direction of the FG.

4. In compliance with the provisions of the EPSR Act and the nation’s tariff methodology for biannual minor review, the rates for service bands A, B, C, D and E have been adjusted by NGN2.00 to NGN4.00 per kWhr to reflect the partial impact of inflation & movement in forex.

What is the meaning of all these? Are these people crazy or what? So because there is inflation in the country, you should add to tariff prices? This is madness! It is just illogical!

2 Likes

Re: NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase by Wolelua: 4:41pm On Jan 05, 2021
It is done, stop lying to usquote author=naptu2 post=97746498]See previous thread here.

FG Increases Electricity Tariff By 50%
https://www.nairaland.com/6346418/fg-increases-electricity-tariff-50

NERC Nigeria @NERCNG

https://mobile.twitter.com/NERCNG/status/1346443740416716801
[/quote]
Re: NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase by Srallens(m): 4:59pm On Jan 05, 2021
TheRareGem1:
Mynd44 Lalasticlala

You need to close that thread of 50% increase Tariff.. fake news
. It's not fake news. the increase is real.

2 Likes

Re: NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase by kunkelhanspeter(m): 5:00pm On Jan 05, 2021
agog:
They are indirectly telling us to be prepared cos very soon the tariff will be increased, no smoke without fire. Does these people even have blood flowing in their veins? Do they feel the pulse of the common man?
They have doctored the prepaid metre units in such a way that you end up spending more on it than the previous billing/post paid method.
I guess you don’t pay electric bills that why you think we should prepared while they have increased it already bro. From 12.5 to 52.5.
My compound electric bill for November was over #360k in Ewet housing estate Uyo.
When I went to NEPA office to pay small cash I have so they can reconnect my light and I complained the bill was too much the lady showed me the old and new tariff.
I can send you the nepa bill if you want

1 Like

Re: NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase by samuelson06(m): 5:04pm On Jan 05, 2021
Coldie:
It seems Nigerian government officials are on nairaland or visit nairaland.

Alot of news that only trend on nairaland always get reply from the government

There's no bigger Nigeria online community than Nairaland. A lot of government officials are here.
Re: NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase by collum(m): 5:10pm On Jan 05, 2021
Ahmeduana:

What this useless God forsaken Government is trying to do is to bring electricity unit to the same par with mobile phone unit, for example in kano if you are R2 TARIFF you are buying 16 unit for a thousand naira, but with this increament a thousand naira will only give 8 unit and which can only last 5 days that is if you manage it.... may God destroy APC and anything or anybody that associates with this EVIL regime.

I say Amen to your prayers. It has never been worst like this before. nigerians are going through extreme hard times.

1 Like

Re: NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase by Abujaexpress: 5:12pm On Jan 05, 2021
Confused bunch of boboncrats. 4,000 Naira used to give me about 140 units, but this January, it's 78 units. I represent AEDC, Abuja
Re: NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase by ade2008(m): 5:14pm On Jan 05, 2021
Is this new package for new year!! We are finished in this country, naijeria!! Let's endure with our pharaotic kings!
Re: NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase by Brushstrokes20: 5:18pm On Jan 05, 2021
Dammmmmmmmnnnn it! I've been recharging 2k every 3 days....the increase is real

This doomed contraption urgently needs a sane, sound and compassionate leader ASAP ...

Enough of nonsense!

Useless govt of self serving thieves and sadistic Tyrant!
Re: NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase by edoairways: 5:24pm On Jan 05, 2021
crazyclown:
But it has already been implemented, I recharged 1k yesterday and they gave me 14 units can u imagine angry
For real?. If N1000 gives 14 units then you are billed at N71 per unit
Re: NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase by ade2008(m): 5:25pm On Jan 05, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

I guess you don’t pay electric bills that why you think we should prepared while they have increased it already bro. From 12.5 to 52.5.
My compound electric bill for November was over #360k in Ewet housing estate Uyo.
When I went to NEPA office to pay small cash I have so they can reconnect my light and I complained the bill was too much the lady showed me the old and new tariff.
I can send you the nepa bill if you want

Do you mean for a whole estate or just for single building? 360k is huge o!
Re: NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase by BigGuava: 5:26pm On Jan 05, 2021
You can work from home as an article writer and a Million Naira while at it

To find out how you can participate in this offer,send a message to the WhatsApp contact on the profile.

This offer is open to both NEW and SEASONED content writer. Do not delay in sending in your application today...

Remember it's write articles from home and earn One Million Naira doing this.........!

Thanks for reading
Re: NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase by edoairways: 5:27pm On Jan 05, 2021
Abujaexpress:
Confused bunch of boboncrats. 4,000 Naira used to give me about 140 units, but this January, it's 78 units. I represent AEDC, Abuja
Invariably you are billed N51.28 per kilowatts
Re: NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase by ImmanuelCourage: 5:31pm On Jan 05, 2021
crazyclown:
You are even using meter

1 Like

Re: NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase by Coinbased: 5:48pm On Jan 05, 2021
Really
Re: NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase by Denko2721987(m): 6:05pm On Jan 05, 2021
blinking001:
I knew it. The federal government cannot be that wicked to the Nigerian populace. Never

The one we've seen on several occasions meting out their doses of wickedness on the masses or na another government of another country u they yarn?
Re: NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase by jchioma: 6:21pm On Jan 05, 2021
vivalavida:
One way or the other, it has still been increased. So they should stop all this damage control.

They are using grammar to confuse the gullible.

Shame to this government and their supporters.
Re: NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase by Housing(m): 6:26pm On Jan 05, 2021
I bought prepaid token yesterday and what I discovered is just 2Naira increment.. My Disco is Eko-Disco..2k Token use to procure me 77 units but it is now 71units.
Re: NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase by Abujaexpress: 6:37pm On Jan 05, 2021
edoairways:

Invariably you are billed N51.28 per kilowatts
yea, obviously 50% increase
Re: NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 05, 2021
The funny thing about Nigerians and electricty, is that they want the DISCOS and GENCOS to supply them with power at a cost below the cost of production, and in a scenairo where a large minority are not even paying for the thing.

Meanwhile, many Nigerians spend the kind of money, if not more, on generators, and other sources of power.

Methinks that Nigerians want power for free.

We are complaining about DISCOS increasing their prices...meanwhile, the gas, equipment, etc they use for power is bought with forex, which CBN is refusing to sell them , so they have to source for it at market price...rasing their already high costs.

Meanwhile, people still vandalize our power line.(Large sections of Abuja went without light over the Christmas period because someone vandalized a power line, a major one).

Honestly, the way we treat our power sector, it is like a employer paying his staff half salary, and wondering why the same staff is stealing, doing wuru wuru and collecting bribe and not doing his work well...and on top of that, still collecting salary.

If we want light, either we let the power sector charge for power as they want, pay the bills they set, so that they can earn enough cash, and fix our power, and maybe prices come down, and we get 24 hour power, and more jobs.

After all, see GSM. We paid high prices for GSM because Obasanjo refused to peg prices, and they took all our money. And in the proce3ss, we ended up with a IT sector, and more jobs, direct and indirect, and more investment. Now if Obasanjo had said that GSM companies should charge calls at N1 per 10 minutes.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: My Policies Will Make Nigerians Vote APC Again – Buhari Boasts / Kennedy Ibe Impeached As Imo Assembly Speaker, Replaced With Emeka Nduka / Senator Rochas Honoured With National Peace Award, Decorated At His Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.