Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,331 members, 7,811,968 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate (12676 Views)

'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo / Why Buhari Rejected Wali As Acting INEC Chairman - PM News / Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Look-Alike (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Kobojunkie: 2:18pm On Mar 30, 2011
Yes, everyone who does well in one NON-GOVERNMENTAL area will do great in a GOVERNMENTAL SEAT -- NOT!!!
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Syma: 2:19pm On Mar 30, 2011

Buhari is not a feeble minded person, Buhari is not silly, Buhari knew about Iweala before he chose Bakare. How can you tell a our future president to change his mind at the last minute, whioch makes him an indecisive leader, a leader who doesnt have the ability to make the right choice.

OBJ would have never supported a Buhari presidency and it was a dummy OBJ sold to Buhari and I extremely elated Buhari did not fall for it. This is a principled man who is not an opportunist. You see everyday i continue to admire this man called Buhari, he will not bend to become president.

What does IBB stand to gain from a Buhari presidency, How many votes can OBJ deliver to Buhari. OBJ lost his ward in front of his house in Ite Eko in Abeokuta and the result was cancelled and never announced. Tell me how many votes IBB can delievr when he could not even convince his northern leaders to make him a consus candidate.

Can Iweala not participate in governance without being a VP, can she not be a minister? Why did OBJ not make her GEJs VP if he loved her so much , yeye man

Buhari is our man , May God bless his efforts and become our president in 2011.

Even though is what's best for him to actualize his dream without any negativity as we can see for now?

Can Iweala not participate in governance without being a VP

Have you thought the same about Buhari being president considering his age?
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 30, 2011
Do u blame him?

After all he was falsely accused of being a religious fanatic.

Then you would agree with me that the choice of Bakare was just to dispel a toga attached to him, not that in his views Bakare was worth it ----- tell me is that something that really sits well, is he not supposed to pick someone who has the ability to reason with him, share his vision and contribute to his government and not on people's perception of him, after all his utterances made folks accuse him of being a religious fanatic.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by maclatunji: 2:24pm On Mar 30, 2011
I am surprised that the original poster is surprised at Buhari's stance.

1. It shows the Buhari is a man of his word

2. He is not desperate to win at all cost

3. Trusts those he has chosen to work with.

4. Will not be swayed by 'trojan horses'.

5. Is even more astute and enlightened than we give him credit for.

6. Does not act on sentiment but on principle.

The OP needs to step-up is political savvy and strategic thinking- no offence, only my thoughts.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by naijaking1: 2:25pm On Mar 30, 2011
Kobojunkie:

That is silly reasoning considering the fact that Buhari let his more informed VP run much of Nigeria during his 20 month stint in office!

This political season has brought out the worst best in this demented Hajia, and her unique circular arguements.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by EzeUche(m): 2:26pm On Mar 30, 2011
naijaking1:

This political season has brought out the worst best in this demented Hajia, and her unique circular arguements.

I thought I was the only person who noticed that. She sure does enjoy those circular arguments. grin That is why I choose to ignore her.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Kobojunkie: 2:29pm On Mar 30, 2011
naijaking1:

[size=13pt]ROFLMAO!!! I see your CHAUVINISTIC side is still in full view    -- you accuse another of being a male chauvinist yet EVERY SINGLE time you have chosen to counter an argument from me, you go in to attack me from a FEMALE ANGLE because there is an F for female right next to my moniker  Imagine this hypocrite. . . People, is this the sort of people we want to take seriously?? undecided undecided undecided undecided [/size]
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Theblessed(f): 2:29pm On Mar 30, 2011
[size=16pt]Up you, Ngozi! Sheeh dey say women no get brain? Abi, dey don get their match?

Now, they're confused and confounded in their own folly. But I ask, even if they suggested that, Buhari and Ngozi 'who should choose who'?

Buhari is no match to the lady and we understand his fears - he's intimidated and which man on earth wouldn't? But hey, confident men never feel intimidated by ascertive women - for there's  no need to feel intimidated Buhari. In fact, it's all a blessing to your campaign and government if you ever get there.  But, it's too bad you failed to capitalise on this gesture if, it was ever made.

Please Nigerians for a change, give the girl the mantle and cast away, all these short-sighted Politicians of our time that are driving our country into the abyss! Peace!
[/size]
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by koyuid(m): 2:32pm On Mar 30, 2011
Buhari is about the only principled politician in nigeria he would rather lose than compromise.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 30, 2011
ROFLMAO!!! I see your CHAUVINISTIC side is in full view still   -- you accuse another of being a male chauvinist yet EVERY SINGLE time you have chose to counter an argument from me, you instead go at the fact that there is an F for female under my moniker as your point of ATTACK . . . People, is this the sort of people we want to take seriously??

Kobo don't run around in circles ur only trapping yourself further-- HIS MORE INFORMED VP ??---- just wondering if he is still uninformed
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by md4real(m): 2:33pm On Mar 30, 2011
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]on a second thought? is this APRIL FOOL?[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Kobojunkie: 2:34pm On Mar 30, 2011
babasoty:

Kobo don't run around in circles your only trapping yourself further-- HIS MORE INFORMED VP ??---- just wondering if he is still uninformed

I have no clue what your post above even means.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by ideylaff: 2:46pm On Mar 30, 2011
Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala should be the one running for president. Not Buhari who is not even in her league. Let us take a look at her impressive biography.

------------------------------------------------------------

Born in June 13, 1954, to Professor Chukuka Okonjo of Ogwashi Uku, Delta State, Dr Okonjo Iweala, who parades an intimidating resume is unarguably the first woman to hold either of those positions. She served as finance minister from July 2003 until her appointment as foreign minister in June 2006, and as foreign minister, until her resignation in August 2006.

Currently serving as as Managing Director of the World Bank, not only does she get royal treatment on the global stage, Okonjo Iweala is of a royal homestead from the Umu Obi Obahai Royal Family of Ogwashi-Uku.

Iweala-Okonjo, who was educated at Harvard University in 1977, earned her Ph.D. in Regional economics and development from the Massaehusetts Institue of Technology. Prior to her ministerial career in Nigeria, she was vice-president and corporate secretary of the World Bank Group. In October 2005, the powerful woman led the Nigerian team that struck a deal with the Paris Club, a group of bilateral creditors, to pay a portion of Nigeria’s external debt (US $12 billion) in return for an $18 billion debt write-off.

She also introduced the practice of publishing each state’s monthly financial allocation from the Federal Government in major Nigerian newspapers. She was instrumental in helping Nigeria obtain its first ever sovereign credit rating.

In 2007, Okonjo-Iweala, whose NGO, NOI Global Consulting, partnered with the Gallup Organisation to introduce an opinion poll, the NOI poll, into the Nigerian polity, is a fellow of the Brookings Institution. She also serves on the Advisory Board of Global Financial Integrity and on the Board of Directors of the World Resources Institute.

The Managing Director of the World Bank has four children. The eldest, Onyinye Iweala received her Ph.D. in Experimental Pathology from Harvard University in 2008 and graduated from Harvard Medical School this year. Her son, Uzodima Iweala, is the author of the critically acclaimed novel Beasts of No Nation which was published in 2005.

@ EzeUche, with all due respect impressive,  WGO is an organization not a Country, to start with,  Utomi is more grounded and rounded to do the job than madam, I can tell you that 4 free.

Where is her Political clout apart from her so called International CV,

Na soo we dey big up so many things for nija, Goldman Sach ds n' that, Aganga is dis Aganga is that (awa present finance minister)

when u come to Nija its a different ball game, the person has to be able to manage the people, polity and country as a whole,

Wetin World bank dey do wey poverty full ground all over the place,

That institution's does more damage than good around the world, its actually there to finish the 3rd world and keep us as begging nations 4ever

Read between the lines, as I type, bro

You give me money with one hand and you use all the other BIG hand to take it back. issshhhh thats what the world bank does

Do you know how many MD's "the Quango Organization" called World bank has,  

Al they do there is push pen and paper, u fit work there sef, if u dey qualified, believe me ,

its just a mini glorified entity of the united nations,,, that's all.

Policy upon Policy with no result, for the 3rd world,

What's so special about Okonjo, that u think she can run the country, naaaa

Ribadu will do a better Job than Okonjo as far as I am concerned.

When their is 2 much effizzy and books within Government, u will lose sight with so many Red tape, meetings meetings here and there

Yes she did a good job 4 us, so also did she compromise by giving her own daughter/ her own people, juicy consultancies within the very own ministry she was running

I beg make make una no call dog monkey 4 us here ooo, with all ds Harvard, Yale, Oxford title, please

At best Okonjo is better running a Ministry/Parastatal. her work will have an effect there not as a leader

No offence oo, just my own view as I have bn in and out of the system worked with various Ministries and advised (mostly never implemented) cos I never bend backwards.

Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 30, 2011
@ezeuche
u forgot that ur madam was downgraded from finance to foreign because

R[i]ecently Mrs. Okonjo Iweala has been under serious scrutiny from the local press and lawmakers over questionable withdrawals from Nigeria’s foreign reserve put at $34 billion dollars, it was believed that these withdrawals might have been used in funding the bribery of lawmakers in the national assembly to support the “third term” agenda of President Obasanjo. Also last week lawmakers raised alarm over the size of Nigeria’s foreign reserve which the Central Bank Governor, Charles Soludo and Mrs. Okonjo Iweala put at $34 billion, some of the lawmakers led by Senator Farouk Bello-Munza insisted that only $9 billion dollars was available in the foreign reserve accusing the minister of grand deception.

Just yesterday, the combative minister addressed the press about the current situation of the foreign reserve, but the issue did not die down as she had expected. Saharareporters called the minister to seek her opinion about what obviously was a downgrade of her position, a male voice who refused to be identified said she was too busy to speak to this reporter, insisting that she busy handing over to the new finance minister, Mrs. Usman who was her deputy in the ministry.

[/i]
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by MaiSuya(m): 2:50pm On Mar 30, 2011
[size=50pt]SAI BB!!! [/size]
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by kasiem(m): 2:51pm On Mar 30, 2011
Kobojunkie:

What an inane question to ask. undecided undecided
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by ideylaff: 2:51pm On Mar 30, 2011
@ EzeUche, with all due respect impressive,  WGO is an organization not a Country, to start with,  Utomi is more grounded and rounded to do the job than madam, I can tell you that 4 free.

Where is her Political clout apart from her so called International CV,

Na soo we dey big up so many things for nija, Goldman Sach ds n' that, Aganga is dis Aganga is that (awa present finance minister)

when u come to Nija its a different ball game, the person has to be able to manage the people, polity and country as a whole,

Wetin World bank dey do wey poverty full ground all over the place,

That institution's does more damage than good around the world, its actually there to finish the 3rd world and keep us as begging nations 4ever

Read between the lines, as I type, bro

You give me money with one hand and you use all the other BIG hand to take it back. issshhhh thats what the world bank does

Do you know how many MD's "the Quango Organization" called World bank has, 

Al they do there is push pen and paper, u fit work there sef, if u dey qualified, believe me ,

its just a mini glorified entity of the united nations,,, that's all.

Policy upon Policy with no result, for the 3rd world,

What's so special about Okonjo, that u think she can run the country, naaaa

Ribadu will do a better Job than Okonjo as far as I am concerned.

When there is 2 much effizzy and books within Government, u will lose sight with so many Red tape, meetings meetings here and there

Yes she did a good job 4 us, so also did she compromise by giving her own daughter/ her own people, juicy consultancies within the very own ministry she was running

I beg make make una no call dog monkey 4 us here ooo, with all ds Harvard, Yale, Oxford title, please

At best Okonjo is better running a Ministry/Parastatal. her work will have an effect there not as a leader

No offence oo, just my own view as I have bn in and out of the system worked with various Ministries and advised (mostly never implemented) cos I never bend backwards.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 30, 2011
Your "Mrs Ngozi Okonjo-Iwealla, was an imperialist's agent", a DEBT COLLECTOR for her Western handlers who rewarded her handsomely by paying her in dollars, and later giving her a meaningless, sinecure position with the World Bank after successfully completing her assignment in Her Masters' Service!

Which other nation in the entire world would be DUMB enough "in the whole history of debt servicing which country ever gave 12b in two cheques within 6 months?"

At a time when Nigeria could not pay her teachers, educate her children or provide roads and electricity, your sister, "Mrs Ngozi Okonjo-Iwealla", was re-paying "debts" to nations that had more than enough, robbing the poor to pay the rich!

Not even the United States of America with a debt running into trillions of dollar would do such a dumb thing, and not for "debts" Nigeria had already paid ten times over!

Your "Mrs Ngozi Okonjo-Iwealla" was traitorous to her fatherland - just like Pastor Adeboye - and the West will always give tons of meaningless awards to those African sell-outs who serve their IMPERIAL INTERESTS!

Elombah Daniel, your call here to "Render to all their due; To all who calls for honour, such honour" simply because "Mrs Ngozi Okonjo-Iwealla " happens to be an Igbo like you is like how some people  - mostly Yoruba admittedly, but including Jonathan Goodluck and his wife - decided to "honor" Bode George after coming out of a two-year stint in Kirikiri Prisons for stealing BILLIONS of Naira!

It is nauseating and revolting to many of us!

If your Igbo sister, Ngozi Okonjo-Ikweala, was the financial Joan of Arc of Nigeria, why is Nigeria still in the economic mess Nigeria is in today, ? Indeed, "another razzmatazz from an ultraconservative capitalist come imperialist agent's admirer" who happens to be an Igbo like him! Nigerian negative Tribalism at its most nauseous and destructive best!

This is NOT what Nigerians need! We want to see roads, have steady electricity, portable water, schools for our children, health facilities -CONCRETE THINGS we Nigerians take for granted in other people's countries - not IMF/World Bank PRE-FABRICATED statistics which mean NOTHING!

http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5607:are-we-nigerians-better-off-for-ngozi-okonjo-ikweala-&catid=36:omoba&Itemid=83
this is a quote i found from a web page, the internet is here to stay,so we cannot just re write history the way we used to do
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by kasiem(m): 2:53pm On Mar 30, 2011
Kobojunkie:

What an inane question to ask. undecided undecided
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by KnowAll(m): 2:57pm On Mar 30, 2011
NO ISTITUTION OF WORTH WOULD ALLOW THEIR TOP GUNS TO GO FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS,  TAKE A MINISTRIAL JOB FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS IN THEIR HOME COUNTRY AND COME BACK TO THE SAME JOB. I WORK FOR THE BRITISH CIVIL SERVANT AND I KNOW HOW IT WORKS.  THE WB IS SPENDING OTHER DONOUR COUNTRY 'S MONEY THE WAY THEY LIKE,  AS IF NA FREE MONEY, THEY  ARE NOT ACCOUNTABLE TO ANYBODY, THAT IS WHY THEY CAN GO ON SUCH STUUUPID SPENDING SPRE, JUST LIKE EUROPEAN UNION IN BRUSSEL ANOTHER UN-ACCOUNTABLE BODY OF BEUCRATS,  DOES THAT MAKE IT AN INSTITUTION OF REPUTE, NO WAY.  undecided
.  undecided
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by uglybetty: 3:03pm On Mar 30, 2011
Una never know Burahi. Mai ku na wait first make him win .Then una go see him true colour.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by naijaking1: 3:03pm On Mar 30, 2011
KnowAll:

[size=14pt]NO ISTITUTION OF WORTH WOULD ALLOW THEIR TOP GUNS TO GO FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS, TAKE A MINISTRIAL JOB FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS IN THEIR HOME COUNTRY AND COME BACK TO THE SAME JOB. I WORK FOR THE BRITISH CIVIL SERVANT AND I KNOW HOW IT WORKS. THE WB IS SPENDING OTHER DONOUR COUNTRY 'S MONEY THE WAY THEY LIKE, AS IF NA FREE MONEY, THEY ARE NOT ACCOUNTABLE TO ANYBODY, THAT IS WHY THEY CAN GO ON SUCH STUUUPID SPENDING SPRE, JUST LIKE EUROPEAN UNION IN BRUSSEL ANOTHER UN-ACCOUNTABLE BODY OF BEUCRATS, DOES THAT MAKE IT AN INSTITUTION O[/size]F REPUTE, NO WAY. undecided
. undecided

Really grin grin
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Blazing99: 3:16pm On Mar 30, 2011
Did Okwonjo-Iweala ever state her interest in politics? I do not think she is interested as you guys think. If she was, why did she shun to run with Ribadu. IF she was given the option of Buhari she would also have rejected it. Please let that woman continue to keep her home in order so her randy husband doesn't have to get caught up in another sex-scandal again.

This is certainly not an issue to affect Buhari's character. By the way, how come Obj gave this advice. Dont you smell something fishy. OBJ advising opposition party to strengthen opposition against Jonathan. I think this article is very questionable.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 30, 2011
We have witnessed Buhari in power

He is tried and tested

He is a man of action
uglybetty:

Una never know Burahi. Mai ku na wait first make him win .Then una go see him true colour.
!
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by jasman1: 3:27pm On Mar 30, 2011
I have nothing against Islam before some Idi*ot makes any senseless comment. Its a FACT and an observable one that that religion regard women as a second class people who's just there to service men's need. So, I understands Buhari's position. I have nothing against Islam, but it is what it is. period. By the way, I'm not a supporter of Iwuala for any reason, I believe they've all fail Nigeria and Nigerians.Nigeria cannot continue to keep recycling same old tired faces. What Nigeria needs is a FRESH AIR, A REAL CHANGE
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by ideylaff: 3:43pm On Mar 30, 2011
Your "Mrs Ngozi Okonjo-Iwealla, was an imperialist's agent", a DEBT COLLECTOR for her Western handlers who rewarded her handsomely by paying her in dollars, and later giving her a meaningless, sinecure position with the World Bank after successfully completing her assignment in Her Masters' Service!

Which other nation in the entire world would be DUMB enough "in the whole history of debt servicing which country ever gave 12b in two cheques within 6 months?"

At a time when Nigeria could not pay her teachers, educate her children or provide roads and electricity, your sister, "Mrs Ngozi Okonjo-Iwealla", was re-paying "debts" to nations that had more than enough, robbing the poor to pay the rich!

Not even the United States of America with a debt running into trillions of dollar would do such a dumb thing, and not for "debts" Nigeria had already paid ten times over!

This is NOT what Nigerians need! We want to see roads, have steady electricity, portable water, schools for our children, health facilities -CONCRETE THINGS we Nigerians take for granted in other people's countries - not IMF/World Bank PRE-FABRICATED statistics which mean NOTHING!
[/color]

Now that is some1 that does not get carried awy with all these Harvard Trained efizyyy, nor be d Harvard boyz dey dia when the World went into melt down,

if we were more of an exporting nation than an importing one we might have bn able to get a better deal @ dealing with the western world

all ds debt cancellation has bn eroded in 1 term by the hungry guys in Abuja.

Like I said Okonjo @ Best is better serving at the 2nd level of Government not at the Top Level

As she dey write policies, na so den go dey  steal the money.

I love this post, men,

I remember Brazil telling the IMF to eff off and they did eff off as well a few year ago, 2 day see Brazil,

We (NGR) just gave them a free cheque and everyone was dancing all over town, all but a few who knew how the World bank operates,

she got her job back cos she did her job well (THE FIRM)

Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by chuqudy(m): 3:52pm On Mar 30, 2011
This is a stupid propaganda. How can Obasanjo do that. Obasanjo is fully behind Jonathan and has absolutely nothing to do with Buhari.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by ideylaff: 3:54pm On Mar 30, 2011
No mind OBJ jare, he just made us dissect Okonjo for nothing, poor woman,
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by dayokanu(m): 3:57pm On Mar 30, 2011
If true then it has shown Buhari more as a man of principle who wont bulge or bow down at the altar of OBJ and IBB for any political gain

Vote BB
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by sbeezy8: 4:01pm On Mar 30, 2011
article doesnt make sense AT ALL

SINCE WHEN DID OBJ EVER SAY HE WANTED BUHARI TO BE PRESIDENT?

from day one he endorsed GEJ, and he was the first even when yaradua was sick obj endorsed GEJ to be president.

WHY WOULD BUHARI EVEN TAKE ADVICE FROM  OBJ/IBB? the same people hes plans on PROBING

IBB/OBJ were clearly PDP buhari never was.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 30, 2011
Obasanjo presented Okonjo Iwela to Buhari as Vice president as a condition for his and IBBs support, Thank you Buhari for rejecting this greek Gift. I also respect the intergrity of Okonjo iwela, i doudt if she would accept this role of a bargaining chip. Okonjo Iwela should not be treated like a greek gift
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by debosky(m): 4:08pm On Mar 30, 2011
naijaking1:

Really grin grin

You think it's easy to work for 'The British Civil Servant'? grin

Anyone who thinks OBJ will leave his hand picked boy (GEJ) and support his rival Buhari should get his head examined. grin

This should not be about the 'capability' of Okonjo Iweala or otherwise - our issue has never been the absence of capable VPs, but of presidents lacking the WILL to do the right thing. Skilled technocrats abound and can be harnessed by a leader with vision - they don't need to vie for political office and often don't succeed at it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mysterious Links Between Igbo And Japanese Words / Oshiomhole Likens Obasanjo To 'Cockroach Licking Oil' / Rivers APC: Supreme Court To Rule On Three Other Pending Appeals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.