Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,576 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. (41376 Views)

My Husband Kicked Me Out After A DNA Test Revealed He Wasn’t My Daughter Dad / Man Finds Out Who His Biological Father Is After Carrying Out A DNA Test (photo) / How Much Is The Cost Of A DNA Paternity Test In Nigerian Hospitals? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. by BRATISLAVA: 10:18pm On Jan 06, 2021
Toks2008:

So you are still one of the dreamers that bother their heads about men cheating. Continue

At worse you do periodic test for HIV and other stds.

So you are still one of the dreamers that bother their heads about women cheating. Continue

At worse you do periodic test for HIV and other stds.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. by cococandy(f): 10:57pm On Jan 06, 2021
What slurs comes to mind when it comes to men?

They are always the ones Coming up with what they hope will be disrespectful and shaming names for women.

Bitch
C*nt
Slut
Hoe
Olosho
Akwuna
It never ends .

Take their power away by not letting yourself feel insulted by any of that. I’m 100% for appropriation.

Magnoliaa:

Everything you said here... And especially the bolded. I've mostly used it sarcastically, and for other women I've seen used it, too.

But yeah, appropriating slurs men use against women... the line can become blurred between bants and actually disrespecting oneself - without the self even being aware. I've never seen men appropriating slurs directed at them - for MOST of them.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. by MSGAMBLE9: 10:57pm On Jan 06, 2021
seanwilliam:
and what happens if the other 20% was not in your favor ? What if you are unfortunate to be manipulated by the 20% ? Anything that is not 100% is a risk .. so it’s better to go for dna
Then he will learn the hard way.
Re: Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. by MSGAMBLE9: 11:00pm On Jan 06, 2021
livinbygrace:

Oboy,dem they tell you now you dey blow grammar.Do not,i repeat,do not trust woman.They do not even trust themselves not to talk of opposite sex.I am telling you from experience.
Let him learn the hard way
Re: Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. by MSGAMBLE9: 11:05pm On Jan 06, 2021
osusuallstars:
Arrant nonsense
In my culture once you paid a bride price of a woman , any child born is automatically yours even after your death .
Igbo?

Their men are raised as SIMP.
Re: Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. by Magnoliaa(f): 11:10pm On Jan 06, 2021
cococandy:

They are always the ones Coming up with what they hope will be disrespectful and shaming names for women.

Bitch
C*nt
Slut
Hoe
Olosho
Akwuna
It never ends .

Take their power away by not letting yourself feel insulted by any of that. I’m 100% for appropriation.

Hm.

This is a takeaway for me @ the bolded.

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. by simplesearch: 11:49pm On Jan 06, 2021
Sonfethopia:

A friend had an uncle whose wife bought 2 kids, at the age of 18 the real parents showed up with DNA. They have no right, its a court order. U can't drag a child with their bio dad, except he Gave them for adoption by himself and its documented.

Bought you said?! whoever sells two babies from same parent? This actually sounds like an impossible scenario except they are twins, and if they are diff persons how can they both wait till 18 to show up at the same time. In any case the woman can get a good lawyer and appeal the order, except it was a backyard purchase sealed on the altar of mutual understanding.
Re: Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. by Kalatium(m): 12:51am On Jan 07, 2021
cococandy:

Bitch
C*nt
Slut
Hoe
Olosho
Akwuna
It never ends .

Lol

Just like how you ladies conjure up names to shame guys like:
Usele$$
Broke
Stingy
Irresponsible
Player
F*ckboy

Both men and women have problems. Stop being one sided.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. by Callmeike: 2:33am On Jan 07, 2021
Jack005:
You are right though, but if my son or daughter is grown up and I take the test and then i find out that the kids ain't mine, I will adopt them and still take them to be mine... I will not allow the innocent kid suffer and my investment go down the drain because of a promiscuous hoeing mother.

The more reason people in early marriages should not triffle with this. It's a duty to check and be sure. In fact, if you have, for instance, 2 boys and a girl, depending on your pocket, you may consider checking your boys first. Every girl gets married out of the family and it's most times the mother who fully benefits. But you can't afford to play with who really takes over your lineage as sons. My Cent.
Re: Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. by Weneda(m): 4:20am On Jan 07, 2021
debbydams:
Smiles grin grin..forget first born if u want to do DNA do it for all your kids..I look at DNA drama nd laugh, what about men dat cheat on the wives which DNA we go do for them o
Does men procreate? I'm suspecting u
Re: Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. by Weneda(m): 4:27am On Jan 07, 2021
Nuttella:
Every child is a gift from God whether yours not not, why do DNA test that will end in tears for you, scatter your marriage and give you high BP?, you might even end up committing suicide. If you love your sanity, your children, your marriage and your mental health then don't do DNA test cheesy.
Madam don't say this again. How are wish u a re a man u will know that releasing someone's child/children is person, mostly when u thought that that child/children are urs. Pls receive sense!
Re: Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. by Sonfethopia: 4:29am On Jan 07, 2021
simplesearch:

Bought you said?! whoever sells two babies from same parent? This actually sounds like an impossible scenario except they are twins, and if they are diff persons how can they both wait till 18 to show up at the same time. In any case the woman can get a good lawyer and appeal the order, except it was a backyard purchase sealed on the altar of mutual understanding.

Yes they are twins. Selling of babies is illegal, you cant drag It at any court. You're liable to go to jail.

Selling is different from adopting from the real parents when its documented by a lawyer. That way the original parent can't have the child or come near them.
Re: Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. by WoundedLamb: 4:43am On Jan 07, 2021
Emaprince:
It is the woman that has the utmost power to terminate the pregnancy and no one will ever notice. If she is caught cheating, she face the consequences...but at least she won't endenger the health of her husband and that of her kids when the paternity fraud comes to light.

The woman that kept the pregnancy is the real devil. Because majority of the time, the man that imoregnated her won't even know. She will be deceiving everybody.

We aren't even talking about cheating here..
Cos that's normal lifestyle for married women now..we are actually talking about the careless act of fucking raw and boldly getting pregnant for another man and pinning it on your husband. You are really downplaying it. I get though, you are a woman..so its only right to protect your kind

Cheating is the normal lifestyle for married women now? Really bro, just women? You see, I am trying to convince myself you're just being logical but biased statements like this only go to show you're just protecting your gender's interest, and the assumption that I'm a woman simply cause I don't agree with the one sided scrutiny proves that the more. Bro, I am a man and this discussion shouldn't be about our gender but logic. Anything other than this would be sexism.

Majority of the time, the men responsible won't even know? Lol... You're really working so hard to leave the men blameless. But the truth is, whether they know or not, the fact that they slept with a married woman is the genesis of the problem. Pregancy is only a result of that and even though nature has made it so that the women bear burden the alone, that doesn't make the men any less culpable. If we want to cast blame, let's start from the beginning. Starting from when the pregnancy has already occurred and then blaming the woman for not acting appropriately is inconsiderate cause you're not a woman and you don't know the courage it takes to do an abortion or the possible health risks. You just drop your sperm and then blame her for not removing. In fact, it's a bit disturbing and outrightly ironic that you're calling the woman the devil cause she didn't terminate the pregnancy.

The summary of what I'm saying is, DNA exposes the woman alone but this doesn't mean men are any less culpable; nature is just on our side cause there's no telling where we've been or what we've done. However, slut-shaming the women while ignoring the men will not yield any result cause it takes two to tango. I'm very sure you won't agree with me but I think I've said all I can regarding the subject. To each, his own.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. by baski92(m): 4:54am On Jan 07, 2021
EndRape2:
Stop laughing to nonsense, kill the child, they will kill you also, how can you be so heartless to kill a child, is the child at fault? Kill the child and die in jail

so i can't laugh again my dear. Me laughing dose not mean i am in support of what he said
Re: Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. by sisisioge: 5:41am On Jan 07, 2021
They should simply make DNA a prerequisite for filing a birth certificate. Issue resolved.

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. by debbydams(f): 6:15am On Jan 07, 2021
Weneda:

Does men procreate? I'm suspecting u
u r deceiving yourself. suspecting me?
Re: Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. by debbydams(f): 6:20am On Jan 07, 2021
Whiteshield:

Gbenusoun. Oníṣekúṣe aṣẹ́wó oshi. Imagine this idiot defending breeding bastards.
Maybe you are one of those women who don't even know the father of their children.
are u talking to me? I don't blame u na.. But u guys are funny o grin
Re: Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. by Nasman387(m): 6:36am On Jan 07, 2021
Toks2008:
In recent times there have been a frenzy over DNA test and this is as a result of several stories of ladies having babies for men they are not married to and allowing their husbands to raise another man's child.... Some men have gone to their grave not knowing that the child they call theirs actually belong to another man.

Be it as it may, do you know that many first pregnancy of married ladies are actually a carry over from a previous relationship?, as a mater of fact, many ladies sleep with their ex before marrying their husbands and if they get pregnant, they simply pin it on their husbands and the unsuspecting husbands will gladly celebrate another man's pregnancy...

Some unmarried ladies even pin a pregnancy on their boyfriends when they know that the pregnancy belongs to another man.

So if you have a first child that does not have any similar trait with you or if you doubt the paternity at any point please do a DNA test discretely because many first born are as a result of carry over pregnancy.

You may say it is costly to have a test done but trust me, it is more expensive financially and psychologically to spend years ignorantly taking care of a child that is not yours, the shock has sent many men to early grave so even if there is no big deal in taking care of another man's child at least it makes sense to be aware.

My take.
What does it take to 'father' a child?

In my mentor's Things Fall Apart, Ogbuefi Ezeudu advised Okonkwo not to bear a hand in the death of Ikemefule because he calls him "Father" - “that boy calls you father, do not bear a hand in his death.”.... but Okonkwo being whom he is — he doesn't want to appear weak, he wouldn’t hearken.

Ikemefule was not the biological son of Okonkwo, in fact, he was not even in anyway related to him — he was a ransome from the offending neighboring Mbaino community given to Umuofia as one of the compensations for the murder of one of Umuofia daughters and was kept in the custody of Okonkwo.

He grew up in Okonkwo's custody and now know him as, and calls him 'father'.

But because his fate was already sealed as a war prisoner, the oracle had decreed he be killed.

Okonkwo was chosen to do the killing as one of Umuofia's strongest man but Ogbuefi Ezeudo cautioned Okonkwo because “that boy calls you father".

In the Igbo traditional and custodial setting; fathering a child is not only biological. Moreover, for a child carried and birthed by the wife you married, irrespective of whatever DNA says, that child is your child - loins or not.

In my own opinion as also canvassed by different literary scholars, I think it was the defiance to the wise counsels of Ogbuefi Ezeudu was the foundation of Okonkwo's greatest undoing which made him (a people's hero) die a sacrilegious and shame death. Of his status in the community, he was not even given a befitting burial.

You can call me a conservative and you may not be too far away from the truth - fact is, I love the Igbo customs and traditions because the cosmology is whole and far reaching and made provisions for too many would be problems that could arise in the larger society.

My last post where I wrote that I will not give a hoot about the DNA of a child who calls me father, most especially, a child birthed by a wife I married before the presence of both ụmụnna and who lives under my roof.

My assertion was informed by the deep rooted Igbo customs on the custodian of a man's ward.

In our custom and tradition; the father of a child is not only the man who donated his sperm into the woman to give birth to a child.

Fatherhood is beyond one's biological offspings in Igboland.

In fact, in Igboland, you're regarded as a foolish sperm donor when you come to lay claims to the child or children of a woman you did not marry.

I was following a debate on a thread and I got to find out that our paternity custom is similar the laws of the USA on the same subject matter.

I found out that in the USA, DNA alone is not enough to confer you the ownership of a child. There is a semblance of similarity.

This is not in anyway advocating for indecorus tendencies of adultery by married people but just trying to make some certain impressions clear.

Our forebears were very smart and wise in setting those kind of custom because the day you will begin to demand for DNA tests from your wife as a husband, you have inadvertently set the stage up for the destruction of your home.

Fathering a child is beyond biological because a child that calls you father is your child.
Re: Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. by tbliss22(m): 6:53am On Jan 07, 2021
I just wonder why people are screaming everywhere. If I decide to do DNA test on my children, so be it. There's no crime knowing
Re: Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. by Fiscus105(m): 7:27am On Jan 07, 2021
cococandy:

Bitch
C*nt
Slut
Hoe
Olosho
Akwuna
It never ends .

I pray you won't give urself HPB because of urchins on nairaland,even me that I'm male I select posts and comments to read let alone comments to reply, after first paragraph I know when to move to other comments, u see many are mad in Nigeria but few are roaming about, even in physical one should learn how to put deaf ear on what some people are saying, if you don't do that you be like them,........... Imagine, bcoz some crazy guys say foul languages towards particular gender you too you start saying it, to fight who? How many you want to start shaming? Before you know you too you become dirty stuff bcoz you want to engade In E-fighting and you take it down to ur marriage and affect ur kids.

Alpha male, simp, Virgina, people,hoe are just words from highly frustrated guys, who find it difficult to hold on to their feet, hence they take solace in degrading everyone comming their ways.

Many of them try to date girls but no single girl give them chance. Go to olosho thread and comfirm

Learn how to know who to reply and who to ignore

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. by Toks2008(m): 7:35am On Jan 07, 2021
@Nasman387 I totally agree with you but I still believe it makes sense to have a clear idea and not just do it ignorantly....

No man and I repeat, no man deserves to raise another man's child ignorantly.

It will even be more painful for you if the real father comes for his child(ren).

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. by efficiencie(m): 8:11am On Jan 07, 2021
seunny4lif:
Church girls are the worst uncle

@Kokaine did not refer to church girls...the church is not heaven. A traitor was among Jesus' disciples so what do you expect. Many evil ladies become born again to hide their years of misdemenor. So as a man play safe marry a good virgin girl and you will not have these issues. You must die of depression if you end up marrying a public toilet...you cannot escape it!

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. by AkupeMBANO(m): 8:14am On Jan 07, 2021
Wiifesnatcher:

women value and dignity is attached to their hymen and this is the tradition behind dowry that will have abused lately because of western culture

the question if I'm a virgin would have been a cross examination if I get hymen, if I say I'm and I'm not, how would you verify that? but can a lady claim she's, when she's not without you knowing ?

you people need to be sensitive enough when asking question
You are a child.
Re: Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. by Wiifesnatcher(m): 8:16am On Jan 07, 2021
AkupeMBANO:
You are a child.

yet I'm not your uncle's mate

you're a grandpa? dummy everywhere
Re: Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. by AkupeMBANO(m): 8:26am On Jan 07, 2021
Wiifesnatcher:

yet I'm not your uncle's mate

you're a grandpa? dummy everywhere
Coming here ranting about marrying a virgin. simple question, are you a virgin? You started ranting again like a kindergarten. I'm not in your league at all. you are a hefty fool. So after sleeping with different ladies everywhere, you will now commence checking hymen and all? Your mediocrity is top notch. and who told you virginity certifies fidelity? you now see why i said you are a child?
Re: Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. by Princessbettyj(f): 8:27am On Jan 07, 2021
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm no wonder i act so different in the family grin grin maybe nah Dangote or E money be my papa grin cheesy either way we move tongue
Re: Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. by Wiifesnatcher(m): 8:35am On Jan 07, 2021
AkupeMBANO:

Coming here ranting about marrying a virgin. simple question, are you a virgin? You started ranting again like a kindergarten. I'm not in your league at all. you are a hefty fool. So after sleeping with different ladies everywhere, you will now commence checking hymen and all? Your mediocrity is top notch. and who told you virginity certifies fidelity? you now see why i said you are a child?

you're very dumb, you expect me to tell you I never hook up with any lady before because you're what exactly

you were expecting me to answer your foolish question because you're what exactly? and you're not a child for asking me childish question.

let me burst your brain again, I don't pray for my enemies to marry non Virgin not to talk of me, even if I need to have second wife, it will surely be virgin. you can now crawl back to the hell you belong
Re: Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. by AkupeMBANO(m): 8:37am On Jan 07, 2021
Wiifesnatcher:

you're very dumb, you expect me to tell you I never hook up with any lady before because you're what exactly

you were expecting me to answer your foolish question because you're what exactly? and you're not a child for asking me childish question.

let me burst your brain again, I don't pray for my enemies to marry non Virgin(over used lady) you can now crawl back to the hell you belong
You are irredeemably foolish!!!
Re: Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. by Wiifesnatcher(m): 8:39am On Jan 07, 2021
AkupeMBANO:

You are irredeemably foolish!!!

I repeat again, even if I'm marrying three wives, it will surely be a virgin. I like it when I make dumb like you cry grin

over used ediot
Re: Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. by AkupeMBANO(m): 8:41am On Jan 07, 2021
Wiifesnatcher:

I repeat again, even if I'm marrying three wives, it will surely be a virgin. I like it when I make dumb you like cry grin

over used ediot
Another quick one. did your mom marry your dad a virgin? ask her and get back to me ASAP. hope your olosho sisters are all virgins too? check their hymen as well be fast, i'm waiting patiently for you.
Re: Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. by murmee: 8:42am On Jan 07, 2021
Jack005:
You are right though, but if my son or daughter is grown up and I take the test and then i find out that the kids ain't mine, I will adopt them and still take them to be mine... I will not allow the innocent kid suffer and my investment go down the drain because of a promiscuous hoeing mother.
Great Submission. kudos!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Another Missing Person. Please Help A Worried Family. / One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. / Physically-Challenged Man Crawls With Wife To Dedicate Baby In Delta Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.