Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I (18225 Views)

We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues / Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues / See How To Debadge A Mercedes Benz CLA 250 Or Any Car Brand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Hallenjay: 4:35pm On Sep 08, 2021
Dozieson:

To get rid of the light just scan the car and post the codes
wit d help of someone among d kazeem. See below

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Dozieson(m): 5:25pm On Sep 08, 2021
Hallenjay:
wit d help of someone among d kazeem. See below

That is what we have been saying. This is related to cam shaft. Kindly inspect the engine physically to check for loosed wire harness and connectors. Get a good mechanic to do this if you can't do it. Also, check online for possible solution. It is a common issue. If you are in Lagos contact gazzuzz or Kingreign if you are in Abuja
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Hallenjay: 7:52am On Sep 09, 2021
Dozieson:

That is what we have been saying. This is related to cam shaft. Kindly inspect the engine physically to check for loosed wire harness and connectors. Get a good mechanic to do this if you can't do it. Also, check online for possible solution. It is a common issue. If you are in Lagos contact gazzuzz or Kingreign if you are in Abuja
thanks so much, pls among d code is anyone talking about catalyst der because my mechanic says it has not been touched plus could der be any reason why d fuel doesnt last in d code or this is how 2.0 sucks fuel. 2k fuel only take me from ikorodu to gbagada and less dan a km turn around.. Fuel is already in Extra(low fuel)
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Dozieson(m): 9:33am On Sep 09, 2021
Hallenjay:
thanks so much, pls among d code is anyone talking about catalyst der because my mechanic says it has not been touched plus could der be any reason why d fuel doesnt last in d code or this is how 2.0 sucks fuel. 2k fuel only take me from ikorodu to gbagada and less dan a km turn around.. Fuel is already in Extra(low fuel)

The 0031 and 0037 are related to oxygen sensors. But before you change anything try to clean the A/F sensor, check the air filter to see if it is dirty. Also check to see if any wire harness is cut or not properly fix to the socket. Also, try and read about these codes. They are already here on nairaland. Just search with these codes

1 Like

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by UbiIsaac(m): 7:16pm On Sep 09, 2021
Car doctor good evening...
I have Nissan Xterra 2002 model.
I just noticed temperature raise only to check and discover there's no water in the radiator and it was boiling heavily. I allowed it to get cool thereafter I put water but just a little drive the whole water dried up from the radiator. And the car wasn't move well again so I packed.
What could be the problem and what do I do?
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Hallenjay: 8:08pm On Sep 09, 2021
Dozieson:

The 0031 and 0037 are related to oxygen sensors. But before you change anything try to clean the A/F sensor, check the air filter to see if it is dirty. Also check to see if any wire harness is cut or not properly fix to the socket. Also, try and read about these codes. They are already here on nairaland. Just search with these codes
thanks sir. Fitter was dirty.. I changed it already, bought new one bt was not closing well, i manage put it, i planned to cut d edge because its d same size.
Now i wil go ahead to check for d oda harness cable and i will search for d codes too. Thanks yu so much. God bless

1 Like

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Dozieson(m): 9:02pm On Sep 09, 2021
Hallenjay:
thanks sir. Fitter was dirty.. I changed it already, bought new one bt was not closing well, i manage put it, i planned to cut d edge because its d same size.
Now i wil go ahead to check for d oda harness cable and i will search for d codes too. Thanks yu so much. God bless

Nice 1. You can wash the filter and sun dry very well if you want to reuse it

1 Like

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Hallenjay: 4:58am On Sep 10, 2021
Dozieson:

Nice 1. You can wash the filter and sun dry very well if you want to reuse it
wow, interesting
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by kennyclassic: 9:46am On Sep 22, 2021
Dozieson:

The only remedy should be changing the rings or changing the engine
How much do you think the engine would cost? A mechanic told me to change the “Half & Top” that it will fix the problem
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Dozieson(m): 6:40pm On Sep 22, 2021
kennyclassic:

How much do you think the engine would cost? A mechanic told me to change the “Half & Top” that it will fix the problem

Good grade is about 350-400k

1 Like

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Fedrams: 7:41am On Sep 23, 2021
Good evening. I just bought a Nigerian use Corolla 2005. I observed I used 30liters for 214 km in the city. Is the fuel consumption ok
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Herdeynikeh95(f): 8:17am On Sep 23, 2021
I drove enter water yesterday mistakenly because I didn't know the road was that bad .
Just some minutes drive after the water I started hearing whistling sound. Parked and check nothing.continuing driving till I reach house,I notice one cable was unplugged by the water probably under just some meters from the exhaust mouth...I plugged it back and the whistling sound continues.
I am just curious and down, I drive a bit D's morn and park to see if It will go but it persist,I am trying to see if everything will be normal again when sun is out and get dried up. I don't still get what could be the cause. I love having ideas of my car issue before calling any kazeem.pls help.
Modified**
Car corrola 2010. Auto gear

Cc: cardoctor. siena6
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by UzomaFC: 8:50am On Sep 23, 2021
Lexus 330 es
2004 model
My car is taking time to change gears and I have taken it to a mechanic to fix, He removed the bottom plate and changed the filter.
Filled it with Oando 5liters.

But still the issue is still there. As of this morning the car refused to engage a gear at all.
When I try putting it to R, N or D, it won't engage.
I offed the car and wait a little time and I on the car again, the gear now engaged. But I'm hearing one whinny sound under the gear box.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by kennyclassic: 10:53am On Sep 23, 2021
Dozieson:

Good grade is about 350-400k
Thanks very much. I really appreciate
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by ernneyce(m): 4:49pm On Sep 23, 2021
Toyota Corolla 2013 sports

My steering vibrates really hard when I brake at over 100mph.

I also hear some weird noise coming from my wheels when I hit over 100mph
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Dozieson(m): 5:23pm On Sep 23, 2021
ernneyce:
Toyota Corolla 2013 sports

My steering vibrates really hard when I brake at over 100mph.

I also hear some weird noise coming from my wheels when I hit over 100mph

go check your brake disc
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by homeboy205: 7:04pm On Sep 23, 2021
UzomaFC:
Lexus 330 es
2004 model
My car is taking time to change gears and I have taken it to a mechanic to fix, He removed the bottom plate and changed the filter.
Filled it with Oando 5liters.

But still the issue is still there. As of this morning the car refused to engage a gear at all.
When I try putting it to R, N or D, it won't engage.
I offed the car and wait a little time and I on the car again, the gear now engaged. But I'm hearing one whinny sound under the gear box.

Wait who tell you say na the right oil be that ?? I think you just killed your gear yourself. Those gear uses Toyota genuine T4
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by UzomaFC: 3:13pm On Sep 24, 2021
homeboy205:

Wait who tell you say na the right oil be that ?? I think you just killed your gear yourself. Those gear uses Toyota genuine T4

It was the Mechanic that requested for it. Does it mean that the gear box is gone?
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Dozieson(m): 4:45pm On Sep 24, 2021
UzomaFC:

It was the Mechanic that requested for it. Does it mean that the gear box is gone?

Those gears are very sensitive. 1. You used wrong oil 2. Hope the filter was installed in a clean environment. 3. Drain the oil and use original Toyota type t iv

You might be lucky
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by UzomaFC: 5:51am On Sep 25, 2021
Dozieson:

Those gears are very sensitive. 1. You used wrong oil 2. Hope the filter was installed in a clean environment. 3. Drain the oil and use original Toyota type t iv

You might be lucky
I did that yesterday and the car started however, it's still jerking ie braking me at intervals, and when I stand still the car will be vibrating as if the engine wants to stop on its own. I started moving again but after some driving it couldn't enter gear again.
I switched off the car and waited for some seconds and switched it on, it now picked and I move but not for while again, it refused to enter gear again.
So whats the real issue, and how much is gear for es 330 lexus.
Thanks
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Dozieson(m): 7:45am On Sep 25, 2021
UzomaFC:

I did that yesterday and the car started however, it's still jerking ie braking me at intervals, and when I stand still the car will be vibrating as if the engine wants to stop on its own. I started moving again but after some driving it couldn't enter gear again.
I switched off the car and waited for some seconds and switched it on, it now picked and I move but not for while again, it refused to enter gear again.
So whats the real issue, and how much is gear for es 330 lexus.
Thanks

Scan the codes and share here
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Chidimercy: 8:12am On Sep 25, 2021
Good morning, please I just got an ES330 2005 model. I don't know if it has a Bluetooth and can par with phone for music. I don't like the disc or � DVD
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by UzomaFC: 4:31pm On Sep 25, 2021
Dozieson:

Scan the codes and share here
The gear box has been opened and it's the fiber that was damaged.
Can it be repaired or should I buy a new gearbox.
And how much for a new one.

Thanks
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Dozieson(m): 8:23pm On Sep 25, 2021
UzomaFC:

Thanks

Who opened it? Kazeem? My brother just buy a new one.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Dozieson(m): 8:26pm On Sep 25, 2021
UzomaFC:

Thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/6571388/direct-tokunbo-engines-gearboxes

Use this link to get the price
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by UzomaFC: 4:22pm On Sep 26, 2021
Dozieson:

https://www.nairaland.com/6571388/direct-tokunbo-engines-gearboxes

Use this link to get the price

Thanks bro, I'm going for a another one, I'm not doing that mistake of working it.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Dozieson(m): 11:54am On Sep 27, 2021
UzomaFC:

Thanks bro, I'm going for a another one, I'm not doing that mistake of working it.

Regards
Nice 1. Just update us when you are done
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by AOI2016: 12:36pm On Sep 27, 2021
Good morning guys,
Pls I need your help. My wife uses Toyota Corolla 2003,the gasket got burnt two weeks ago and I took it to the mechanic to change it and also grand the engine top. I decided to check the engine oil level today and I discover that the oil is leaking?.
Pls what can be the cause and what is the solution to the problem.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by UzomaFC: 4:14pm On Sep 28, 2021
Dozieson:

Nice 1. Just update us when you are done
I made contact with the guy from U gave me.
So he sd gearbox is 300k
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Dozieson(m): 4:25pm On Sep 28, 2021
UzomaFC:

I made contact with the guy from U gave me.
So he sd gearbox is 300k

Na wa o. Very expensive. What is the name of the gear box(13pin or 22pin)?
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Aghafekokhian: 9:41pm On Sep 29, 2021
My 1999 Toyota RAV4 AWD was doing hard starting in the morning but now , it can only start when been snuffed and when the automatic gearbox is on drive , the engine goes off. Please I need help on putting the car in order. I have changed the fuel pump , service the gearbox , change the fuel filter and worked on the alternator but the fault still persists. Please I need help. Any suggestion to take out the fault would be highly appreciated
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by atookss87: 11:53pm On Sep 29, 2021
I have 2007 corrolla, the timing chain makes noise and the car vibrates alot when in slower movement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion / How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign / How To Get A Driver's License?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.