Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I (18246 Views)

We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues / Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues / See How To Debadge A Mercedes Benz CLA 250 Or Any Car Brand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by cardoctor(m): 9:04am On Jan 15
UzomaFC:
Lexus 330 es
2004 model
My car is taking time to change gears and I have taken it to a mechanic to fix, He removed the bottom plate and changed the filter.
Filled it with Oando 5liters.

But still the issue is still there. As of this morning the car refused to engage a gear at all.
When I try putting it to R, N or D, it won't engage.
I offed the car and wait a little time and I on the car again, the gear now engaged. But I'm hearing one whinny sound under the gear box.

Poor maintenance, high mileage, bad or wrong type of transmission fluid may have been the cause. It seems like the wet clutch fibres have had it and are now badly worn. Replace gearbox.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by cardoctor(m): 9:07am On Jan 15
ernneyce:
Toyota Corolla 2013 sports

My steering vibrates really hard when I brake at over 100mph.

I also hear some weird noise coming from my wheels when I hit over 100mph

Bad or warped front brake discs. Replace or resurface and refit with new brake pads.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by cardoctor(m): 8:31pm On Jan 15
Chidimercy:
Good morning, please I just got an ES330 2005 model. I don't know if it has a Bluetooth and can par with phone for music. I don't like the disc or � DVD

Simply change to an Android head unit. Its much more functional than the original and upgrades your status.. It also saves you from the wahalas of the original.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by cardoctor(m): 8:32pm On Jan 15
UzomaFC:

The gear box has been opened and it's the fiber that was damaged.
Can it be repaired or should I buy a new gearbox.
And how much for a new one.

Thanks

Save yourself from hell. Just change the gearbox.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by cardoctor(m): 8:33pm On Jan 15
AOI2016:
Good morning guys,
Pls I need your help. My wife uses Toyota Corolla 2003,the gasket got burnt two weeks ago and I took it to the mechanic to change it and also grand the engine top. I decided to check the engine oil level today and I discover that the oil is leaking?.
Pls what can be the cause and what is the solution to the problem.

Just take it back to who fixed it.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by cardoctor(m): 8:36pm On Jan 15
atookss87:
I have 2007 corrolla, the timing chain makes noise and the car vibrates alot when in slower movement.

Replace the cylinder head. It may have been resurfaced more than once and timing chain may now be slack without much tension on play.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign / How To Get A Driver's License? / Car Mileage And Engine Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.