Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,700 members, 7,827,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened - Family (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened (78417 Views)

Kenyan Man Returns Empty-Handed 42 Years After He Left Home For Greener Pastures / None Of My Fiance's Family Members Likes Me. Please Help / My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by mich2012: 10:29pm On Jan 10, 2021
Afromentalist:

The guy is actually wise. He has already seen that they are hungry leeches so he go shatter the pussy tire for some years then later dump her and marry a young lady with good manners.

Lol
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by PissfulProtester: 10:40pm On Jan 10, 2021
stupidmod2:
plz leave the girl alone nah once u go know d one their mama dey control, she no even get shame dey write rubbish
she is a very stupid girl. If I see her one on one, I go tear am slap before anything
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by PissfulProtester: 10:42pm On Jan 10, 2021
Chimaokigwe:

Licking your feet indeed. The wey your mother licks moinmoin leaves like a baby goat.

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Chimaokigwe: 10:57pm On Jan 10, 2021
Mariangeles:

You can laugh all you want dear, but never forget to be a giver. The advice is not only for the men.
Only stingy people with poverty mentality get upset when they're told it is honourable to give.

Stingy people with poverty mentality? Them take begging swear for una? Why don't you direct your advice to beggars too?

4 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by abimbola74(m): 12:05am On Jan 11, 2021
not really. The first time he came to see her, which has been a while now, he didn't come empty handed
Smiles , so he must always come in handy whenever he visit. Weldone ma.
So because he doesn’t go with anything this time around , u have to fight him. I pray he fall in love with someone else sooner than expected. He deserves a loving MIL who is not a glutton
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by exegesis: 12:22am On Jan 11, 2021
lanreHeda:
do you now see the wisdom in your husband's decision ?. I like how you both understood each other..
May God bless your marriage
Yes. Amen. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by MakyavelitheDon(m): 12:57am On Jan 11, 2021
Fiscus105:

and the way you too reply her shows ur aggresiveness,high temperment and lack of respect. i pity the woman that will or is ur wife

The way u sef replied me shows a complete lack of common sense, therefore your opinion is of no relevance whatsoever.
11years of marriage and 3 kids is not what you buy in shop rite...... I no be yr mate

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by BOSMANARIS(m): 5:49am On Jan 11, 2021
oshorstan:

It is what it is. Give Mama her due

What due?
So, if I'm to give all my ladies' mama due, on which account do I write them now?

The point is, he's still a boyfriend and not husband yet. He can decide to give or not to give.
That is, if he's got the financial strength
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by BOSMANARIS(m): 5:51am On Jan 11, 2021
Chimaokigwe:

You and your entire family are not as valuable as a single loaf of bread. If you were, your boyfriend will have given your mother bread for her to stop crying.

She don offend you before?
But, so bad for a mother to be crying over not getting gift from a visitor!

I think the best tactic is this, once there's a knock at the door, the mother should slightly open window to check and double check the visitor's hand to confirm if there's a gift. If there's gift, open door. If not, remain shut.
This is to avoid giving the visitor who doesn't bring anything drink to take o

I come in peace

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by ceeceeuwa: 7:00am On Jan 11, 2021
Exodora:

I don't think is hatred .
You know what I think , I think is lack of home training .
Even as a child during Christmas once we all come together as family we always visit my grandma's sisters house we always go with a gift like palm wine , kola , fowl etc , and then they will sever us food and also gift us while we are going back.
There is nothing wrong in gifting . This is Africa we should behave as one .
Could remember some year back we visited my cousin's husband's home town .We went with wine , birds @ fowls , bitter kola , kola and many other things .
Even though he is madly rich he was glad that we came with those gifts is not even as if he will eat any of them seff but he will show them off to his friends and then ask his cooks to prepare them for visitors .
You wouldn't belief what we went home with that day for just gifting him those things .
Rightly put, a whole lot of them lack home training! Have you noticed that they quickly respond to people's post with insults? Imagine you insulting people on a faceless forum, when you don't know if the person in question is your parent or relation...civility among our current youths has been thrown to the dogs! Reason I visit Nairaland less and use other forums like Quora and the others!

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Deffjam: 7:23am On Jan 11, 2021
Chimaokigwe:

She said the guy has reconciled with her. I told her he is looking for her replacement and will dump her. Imagine, the stupid girl is a 33 year old single mother. Expired product.
lolx how did you know....if true her behavoir must have caused her alot.
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by stupidmod2: 11:18am On Jan 11, 2021
PissfulProtester:
she is a very stupid girl. If I see her one on one, I go tear am slap before anything
hahhaha some grown up girls dey lack brain
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 11, 2021
Mariangeles:

Nothing like disgrace, but I wouldn't blame these men/women...it's not their fault for not knowing what should be done, I blame the hardship and poverty that has eaten deep into the system and made them automatically stingy, so much so that young men/women no longer know what is expected of them when paying an important visit.

...and YES, in the place where I come from, we're are cultured to GIVE and I think it is a thing to be proud of.
I saw my grandfather do it, I saw my grandmother do it, I see my mum and dad do it and all...
It is who I am, who we are.

This Christmas, going to see my maternal uncle, me and my sisters baked him special cakes, my brother bought him wine, my mother brought fishes and ugba, before you know it, everywhere was filled with gifts...the way my uncle's face lit up plus the excitement from my cousins when they saw everything was EVERYTHING!
That is what they do too when they come over.

That is the kind of IGBO people I was talking about. The kind that we are! Givers!
When we come together, we make it a celebration

my dear, you're right. So many hungry people on nairaland here. Don't mind them. What is wrong in getting someone a gift. Unless of course you don't have the money

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 11, 2021
your harlot of a mother and your entire family have grown so deeply in foolishness. BASTARD. Your stupid and useless father should be blamed for bringing a scallywag like you into the world.
you don't need to reply them. They don't worth your time na. Come on
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Xmen149(m): 5:19pm On Jan 11, 2021
Lol,.single mother wey suppose calm down.
only low self esteem can make a guy take back a lady (a,single mother at that) back after shouting at him and hanging up phone on him.

Either she is lieing,the guy is a simple or dude gat some mad upcoming plans.

I will say it till tomorrow,. traditional igbo parents dnt receive gifts from their daughters boyfriend or sons girlfriend.

to Traditional igbo parents you only have one slot of your boyfriend or girlfriend visiting them and to them it's a confirmation that they are taking you to marry her. infact they will call you meeting in evening same day to know your plans as a man,.or as a woman to inquire more and when the man is coming (if they see him again its marriage list he came to collect or he is seen as unserious).or he can be there talking to them on phone.

any traditional igbo woman that allows her daughter boyfriend to be visiting the house and be expecting him to bring gift ontop is crey crey.

What girls dnt understand is that igbo tradition will tell you that,if you want to know how the girl you want to marry will behave later you should take a good look at her mother...Lol..Just saying...maybe na fact finding mission my guy go.

If you are coming to igbo land to marry please visit once and watch the family closely..then go use people ask questions while you keep communication (phone). Next you will be Seen is to collect list and start. after you have become in-law anything you want to and can be able to do for your in-law in relation to their status it's your own thing. This is the real traditional igbo way.

this is necessary so people don't start seeing Igbos in wired light. we don't do nonsense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Kriss216: 7:54am On Jan 14, 2021
Mariangeles:

Edemede gi a mejisara gi oyi nnoo. I nweteghi ya ma ncha. Ya buru ule, I daala final.

O na gu'm I ji gi e me ihe ochi, mana ka'm hapu...chi ejiela.

K'odi!
Lol

Seems you studied Igbo linguistics?
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by 99thEnemy(m): 10:07am On Jan 14, 2021
Kriss216:

Lol

Google Translate maara otu esi aru oru ebube nye anyị mgbe ufodu.

obu enyi m n'oge obula maka udi ihe a

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Mariangeles(f): 10:18am On Jan 14, 2021
Kriss216:

Lol

Onye Igbo ka'm wu.
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Mariangeles(f): 10:22am On Jan 14, 2021
99thEnemy:

Google Translate maara otu esi aru oru ebube nye anyị mgbe ufodu.

obu enyi m n'oge obula maka udi ihe a

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Onye gwara gi nke ahu?

Ngwa dee ogologo edemede n'Igbo, I were google translate tugharia ya, lee ihe o ga gosi gi?
Lee ma o ga enwete ya?
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by 99thEnemy(m): 10:55am On Jan 14, 2021
Mariangeles:

Onye gwara gi nke ahu?

Ngwa dee ogologo edemede n'Igbo, I were google translate tugharia ya, lee ihe o ga gosi gi?
Lee ma o ga enwete ya?

Who told you that?

How to write a long article in igbo, translate it into google translate, what does it show you?
See if he can get it?

Nobody told me oh! Google only showed me how very feasible it is. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Mariangeles(f): 10:59am On Jan 14, 2021
99thEnemy:

Nobody told me oh! Google only showed me how very feasible it is. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Nke mbu, ihe m dere adighi ogologo.

Nke abuo, google enwetechahu ya.
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by 99thEnemy(m): 11:28am On Jan 14, 2021
Mariangeles:

Nke mbu, ihe m dere adighi ogologo.

Nke abuo, google enwetechahu ya.

kpom kwem grin grin grin
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Kriss216: 11:36am On Jan 14, 2021
Mariangeles:

Onye Igbo ka'm wu.
You can’t be Onye Igbo. Igbo people are respectful.
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Mariangeles(f): 12:00pm On Jan 14, 2021
Kriss216:

You can’t be Onye Igbo. Igbo people are respectful.

Lekwa onye n'ekwu okwu gbasara nsopuru!
I ma ihe wu nsopuru?
Ginwa mara aju, buru mkpari n'ishi. Mkpari zuru gi ahu!
Owu ihe e ji mara gi na nairaland. Ya bia na mkpari, I wu eze!
N'elu ya, I biazie nwe ajo obi ebe umu nwaanyi Naijiria nu. Ihe m n'aju onwe'm mgbe ufodu bu "owu na nwoke a enweghi ndi umu nwaanyi n'ezi n'ulo ha?"
Ha kpoputa ndi nwere nsopuru, I kwesighi I puta, m'obu tinye onu Kriss.
Kriss, gbalia gbanwee! Otu a anyi ka no n'afo ohuru!
Ihe karia, a tuo ya aka!
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Kriss216: 12:05pm On Jan 14, 2021
Mariangeles:

Lekwa onye n'ekwu okwu gbasara nsopuru!
I ma ihe wu nsopuru?
Ginwa mara aju, buru mkpari n'ishi. Mkpari zuru gi ahu!
Owu ihe e ji mara gi na nairaland. Ya bia na mkpari, I wu eze!
N'elu ya, I biazie nwe ajo obi ebe umu nwaanyi Naijiria nu. Ihe m n'aju onwe'm mgbe ufodu bu "owu na nwoke a enweghi ndi umu nwaanyi n'ezi n'ulo ha?"
Ha kpoputa ndi nwere nsopuru, I kwesighi I puta, m'obu tinye onu Kriss.
Kriss, gbalia gbanwee! Otu a anyi ka no n'afo ohuru!
Ihe karia, a tuo ya aka!
Lol
God bless Google Translate

You've seen an opportunity to unleash your venom on me.

Ajo nwanyi.
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by 99thEnemy(m): 1:08pm On Jan 14, 2021
Kriss216:

Lol

Ajo nwanyi.

Helping our internet lives since 28 April 2006 .

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Mariangeles(f): 1:59pm On Jan 14, 2021
Kriss216:

Lol

Ajo nwanyi.

grin grin grin

I hope google translated correctly though grin
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Kriss216: 2:01pm On Jan 14, 2021
Mariangeles:

grin grin grin

I hope google translated correctly though grin

Say 18%.

How have you been?
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Kriss216: 2:02pm On Jan 14, 2021
99thEnemy:

Helping our internet lives since 28 April 2006 .

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Obviously, hehehe
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Mariangeles(f): 2:05pm On Jan 14, 2021
Kriss216:

Say 18%.

How have you been?

Great great!

Thanks.
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by deltateam: 2:08pm On Jan 14, 2021
Una still dey solve this matter so?
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by VanillaIyce(f): 11:31am On Jan 16, 2021
Don't vex much now.. I am sure she won't insult again when trying to make a point.quoteor=TransAtlanticEx post=97809986]Are you sure you really wanna do this?
Cos I'm ready when you are.
Feed me and my family( a whole my family ooo) for ages yet your mama dey want kill herself say your fiance no buy bread for am?. cheesy
Why not use that money weh you want use am feed me and my generation buy your mama provisions keep for house na grin grin
And somehow its from this miserly,miserable existence that you wanna feed my family(really rich ) from? undecided
My eldest sister got married in 2004,in 2003 when the man came for introduction,he wore shorts and was empty handed.
You know why?There was nothing he could bring that we don't have and he knew it cheesy
What you could have done sef to even cover your bf is send some money to your thirsty mom and claim your bf sent it,but instead you fought with him over it,maybe because you and your mama don plan as una go share the stipends weh the guy suppose bring,
Yet a bottom feeder like you wants to feed my generation? grin
[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (Reply)

Lady Breastfeeds Her Child During Her Wedding Ceremony - Photos / Ladies, Would You Let Your Husband Do This With Your Baby? (Photo/Video) / Did Your Family Use This Plate & Tray? (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.